News Round Up 2017

Nah, this one doesn't have to do with my cold, black, child hating heart. I find SOTS super problematic, and I wish they'd have used a different IP. Great ride, but it's always vaguely off-putting to me. I also have issues with Dumbo, so, there's that. Folks like to trash talk my beloved iasw song, but I can and do listen to that often and want to scrub my ears out to zippity do dah.

I'm encouraged that we might get more AA in the future, and I did find the NRJ aa just amazing! I know people are critical of the ride, but I thought the shaman at the end was a good sign of more of that type of aa to come.

I'm just kidding...

when is the one and only ivan due to come out? I had no idea this was on the agenda. However, still hoping for an original animation feature in 2018-2019 (sigh). As a librarian however though I am thrilled about one and only ivan (def bring tissues)

Safe? Are you serious? Disney has just a "few" lawyers on retainer...I don't think you have an issue there...

Second, I wouldn't put candy in your luggage...you may not like what you find later...

And as an aside - what's this thing about transporting candy? Is this something new?

Got to take home a years worth of Goofy's sour worms!

Food wasn't always allowed. I have had friends take food through security that were then told that they had to take it and not give it back. I have had food go through security where I totally forgot was there and be told that they had to throw it away.
When and where did that happen? We fly very regularly - 6+ times a year for many, many years and can't recall any time that solid (ie, not liquid) food wasn't allowed.

Food wasn't always allowed. I have had friends take food through security that were then told that they had to take it and not give it back. I have had food go through security where I totally forgot was there and be told that they had to throw it away.

I know the rule might have changed now. I just didn't "realize" it until on my trip to MCO in September where the family in front of us had 10 BINS full of just food and snacks (not including their carry on bags themselves). Then all 10 of their food bins had to be thoroughly checked before our one carry-on bag. To make it worse, only one TSA agent was checking bags/bins at our security line so it took us about 20-30 minutes for us just standing at security before we could go. People should either put their food in their checked luggage unless they have a specific health issue that requires them to eat certain food. There is plenty of food options in MCO.

When and where did that happen? We fly very regularly - 6+ times a year for many, many years and can't recall any time that solid (ie, not liquid) food wasn't allowed.

Amusiclife, could you be thinking of international travel? That's usually an agricultural thing, not wanting to bring foreign pests across borders, requiring any food items/produce not in packaging to be discarded.

I know the rule might have changed now. I just didn't "realize" it until on my trip to MCO in September where the family in front of us had 10 BINS full of just food and snacks (not including their carry on bags themselves). Then all 10 of their food bins had to be thoroughly checked before our one carry-on bag. To make it worse, only one TSA agent was checking bags/bins at our security line so it took us about 20-30 minutes for us just standing at security before we could go. People should either put their food in their checked luggage unless they have a specific health issue that requires them to eat certain food. There is plenty of food options in MCO.

Amusiclife, could you be thinking of international travel? That's usually an agricultural thing, not wanting to bring foreign pests across borders, requiring any food items/produce not in packaging to be discarded.

I think that for a long time they've warned that food might be taken away or subject to extra screening. I don't know of anyone who's had it happen, but I've had them check out food before, like a time my dad had cinnamon rolls and a tub of icing in his carry on. I got stooped in Phoenix back in March for candy. The TSA agent was very careful not to crush my sandwich bag of potato chips that my grandpa had sent so I wouldn't starve on my way home :rotfl:

The instance with my friend happened in 2007 (yeah...a decade ago) in St. Louis where she brought a big bag of chips in her carry on. Obviously this was still close to post 9-11 days. She wasn't allowed to take it. I can't recall any of the times I've had it happen since I fly very regularly as well. I have just learned not to take food through security. I am pretty sure I haven't had this happen for a couple years since I just learned to check everything before I go to the airport. I guess we have just had different experiences.

I have never flown international. The only time I have ever flown with the check for food items/produce separately was when we left Hawaii. My instances happened in domestic airports in the 48 bordered United States. I can't pinpoint where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter