News Round Up 2017

Are you saying that you have to pull trail mix out of your bag and put it in it's own tub to go through the x-ray machine?

Yes, that's what I was told. Of course now I have pre-check and it's not been an issue since. I had my candy from Sunday night in my carry on and I went right through without an issue Monday morning, but that's pre-check.

I'd go with you on it being fantastic, but the source material isn't something that inspires good feelings, ya know? Now, the Twilight Zone? Good stuff.

Yeah, yeah...I knew you'd say that "Gothalina":wave:

Nobody is truly happy until they are miserable and overly introspective :scratchin

Ugh - my daughter read that book a few years back. It has a happy ending but there is a TON of sadness/depression in it. It's like Dumbo which is 72 minutes of Dumbo abuse and 3 minutes of "Yay, Dumbo's a hero cause he can fly!" Admittedly if anyone can pull it off, it's Disney, but expect a lot of hankies.
In my lifetime I have watched Dumbo (despite owning the VHS) only a handful of times. I'm not sure if my adult self can really take that movie--I've gotten reallly sensitive on animal stuff as I got older.

Lion King is one I will watch...but I do fast forward over the part because otherwise (and I don't care if people think I'm being a wimp lol) I might get teary-eyed.

In my lifetime I have watched Dumbo (despite owning the VHS) only a handful of times. I'm not sure if my adult self can really take that movie--I've gotten reallly sensitive on animal stuff as I got older.

Lion King is one I will watch...but I do fast forward over the part because otherwise (and I don't care if people think I'm being a wimp lol) I might get teary-eyed.

Ok...I'll admit it it...

E.T. Is a no go for me...

See...I kinda have to go with Comcast's point on this.

In the 10 years since they bought their parks - granted at the low point - they have aggressively built to revitalize them and add to the offerings of the complex as a whole...

In that time - prior to May - disney had offered a repurposed kiddieland development, timeshares, character meet and greets and NOT MUCH ELSE...in investment during the same period.

Not the same size beasts..so grain of salt...but they do have a case to call disney complacent and capitalizing on low investment aimed at children...at least recently...

Perhaps a difference in interpretation? I agree that Disney did little to none in the past decade, but the Universal commercial, to me, wasn't about taking a pot-shot on the lack of development. It was playing on the notion that Walt Disney World only has an appeal to children, which regardless of the lack of development, just isn't true.

...but I don't see it leading to the total shutdown of security as is being described.

They completely stopped the line for 10-15 minutes while they were doing something back by the scanners. No one was allowed up to the machines or anything. Being as how our friends went through shortly before us and didn't have to deal with it I'm guessing they were just getting ready to have people ready to inspect the foods and stuff. Things also got held up because there were SO many people going through with food and candy and not nearly enough employees there to deal with the volume. People were waiting for their bins and they wouldn't put through more bins until they cleared out the space.

Dumbo is a no can do here. Same with Bambi.

I even tear up listening to "Baby Mine" song.....but Dumbo is one of my childhood favorites - which is why I just can't imagine a real-life version as it will never be able to live up to my expectations. Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, yep...tear up in all those 50s animated ones...don't even get me started about "Old Yeller"....

I even tear up listening to "Baby Mine" song.....but Dumbo is one of my childhood favorites - which is why I just can't imagine a real-life version as it will never be able to live up to my expectations. Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, yep...tear up in all those 50s animated ones...don't even get me started about "Old Yeller"....
Now "Old Yeller" is a movie I haven't seen...but knowing what it's about yeah that's a hard no for me.

I can't find anywhere that shows splash being down in January, can anyone send a link showing where that info is?

I can't find anywhere that shows splash being down in January, can anyone send a link showing where that info is?
Kenny the pirate is reporting it and several TAs are saying it’s on their internal sites.

Disney has not officially stated it yet. Other sites like WDWMagic are not confirming it either.

Yeah, yeah...I knew you'd say that "Gothalina":wave:

Nobody is truly happy until they are miserable and overly introspective :scratchin

Nah, this one doesn't have to do with my cold, black, child hating heart. I find SOTS super problematic, and I wish they'd have used a different IP. Great ride, but it's always vaguely off-putting to me. I also have issues with Dumbo, so, there's that. Folks like to trash talk my beloved iasw song, but I can and do listen to that often and want to scrub my ears out to zippity do dah.

I'm encouraged that we might get more AA in the future, and I did find the NRJ aa just amazing! I know people are critical of the ride, but I thought the shaman at the end was a good sign of more of that type of aa to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter