• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Years Eve Plans

We are stay at home kinda people. Order Chinese and hope to stay up till midnight if we make it.

We always stay in on NYE. We also never make it to midnight due to working early NYD. So it’s PJs, Baileys, & most likely sleeping by 9pm.

DD17's having her boyfriend and 3 girl friends over. I'm making sliders for them and probably going to bed at a decent hour and try to sleep if they're not too noisy.

DH and DD will both be working at the Club, so it will be me and the dog for dinner. DH will go into work at his normal 7:00 a.m. I am assuming and DD will probably go in between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. depending on how much decorating needs to be done.

DH will probably be home about 9:00, but I doubt we stay up until midnight. My DH has worked every NYE since we got married (31), so I am used to a very low key evening. We used to get invited to a neighborhood party, but have drifted away from friendship with that family, so now it's just me.

Fix a piece of prime rib for supper, get in the hot tub, try to stay up until 10:45 for the NYE fireworks being streamed from MK. May make it, may not!

I am hoping to get chinese carry out and just chill at home. Dh works and I don't expect my dd to be home that night so it will just be me. I am totally ok with that :-)

Our friends are coming over to hang out in our pjs, eat snack foods and have some drinks. :thumbsup2 Its become our NYE tradition... my husband almost had to work and we all were so disappointed. :laughing:

I work that day so we will just hang out at home

DH also has an MRI that day (he is still having issues from the car wreck last week)

Eat what my family calls snacky dippy things and watch movies. My sister leaves on January 2 so she'll be here. We sometimes invite friends over but I'm not up to hosting.

Staying home and ordering some food in. We used to go out but the service was always bad and the food mediocre. Walt Disney World usually lives streams their fireworks so we enjoy watching them every year :)

We'd love to be tailgating & going to a game. Unfortunately, our team isn't playing at home. I hope you have a great time, unless you're a Bills fan. :p

Thanks to @Gumbo4x4 , I'm going to take DH to the new bar that has a great looking tapas menu. We can walk to it & not have to worry about other drivers.

PS: Birthdays 5 days after Christmas are difficult. I'm sure you feel my pain.

Thank you! And no, we are not Bills fans. I do feel your pain. My DH has always hated the timing of his birthday and I’m not crazy about it either. He is difficult to shop for and coming up with great ideas so close together is tough. I hope you and your DH have a great time.

New Years Eve morning I have to go to the hospital to have some outpatient blood work done, so that is a fun start to the day. I took the whole day off so that night I will make chicken wings, a cheese plate, jalapeno poppers, and spinach dip with sparkling apple cider (I don't drink alcohol). I may try to stay awake, but the odds of that happening are between slim and none.

New Years day my best friend and I am going shopping all day with sushi for lunch!

Add me to the group who will be home. Alone. I bought a bunch of different alcohol samples and plan to get “happy.” I’ll likely be in bed by 10.

I have never done anything special for NYE. I had low hopes that this year I’d have some kind of plans. But alas not gonna happen.

We usually thow a party but have an 8 month old DS. Hoping for a quiet night this yr & that the sound machine blocks out fireworks at midnight!

We'll have a little get-together in our finished basement, but I plan to be upstairs and in my pajamas by ten. I tend to cry at midnight, who knows why-I'd really rather be by myself to deal with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter