New Years Eve Plans

We were invited to a friends home to play games and such. Starts st 9pm. We asked if we could attend in our jammies because we try to be asleep by 10pm. They looked shocked.

Honestly we might attend for a hour then go home to bed. #ratherbeinjammiessleeping

I haven't been out for NYE in years and rarely make it til midnight. This year the oldest kid is going to a sleepover and the youngest has a cousin coming to our house for a sleepover. Party on!

Make something delicious for dinner that is easy or can be prepped ahead of time (working that day). Be in my pj's by 9:00 and in bed by 10:00.

In bed by 7 pm, because I have to be up at 2 am to be at work at 3 am. New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are normal work days. 2017 was the last year that New Year's Day was a double time day. 2018 it became a day off you could take later in the year. In 2019 they are going to PTO so Holidays, Sick time and Vacation time all go away.

DH has to work on the 31st & 1st. We'll order takeout or delivery & he'll try to stay awake until midnight.

His birthday is 12/30. I'm more concerned about coming up with a plan for that day. I really need to get on it. Any ideas? :laughing:

Maaaaaaaaybe heading to a local bar. Haven’t been out on NYE in years mainly because it’s just too dangerous on the roads :(

Totally unrelated, but you just gave me an idea for where we can go for DH's birthday on the 30th. We have a new place we can walk to that we haven't tried. He would love it. We can easily walk home, when he thinks he needs to get to bed.

PS: When I posted mostly tongue in cheek looking for suggestions, I didn't think a random post would provide my answer. Thanks

DH has to work on the 31st & 1st. We'll order takeout or delivery & he'll try to stay awake until midnight.

His birthday is 12/30. I'm more concerned about coming up with a plan for that day. I really need to get on it. Any ideas? :laughing:

My DH’s birthday is also the 30th. We are going to tailgate before our team plays and then go to the game.

For NYE we are having 2 neighboring families over for food, drinks, games and whatever sports are on TV. No one has to drive. Will be low key but fun.

My DH’s birthday is also the 30th. We are going to tailgate before our team plays and then go to the game.

For NYE we are having 2 neighboring families over for food, drinks, games and whatever sports are on TV. No one has to drive. Will be low key but fun.

We'd love to be tailgating & going to a game. Unfortunately, our team isn't playing at home. I hope you have a great time, unless you're a Bills fan. :p

Thanks to @Gumbo4x4 , I'm going to take DH to the new bar that has a great looking tapas menu. We can walk to it & not have to worry about other drivers.

PS: Birthdays 5 days after Christmas are difficult. I'm sure you feel my pain.

Germans throw all safety caution to the winds and launch a huge number of fireworks on NYE, usually starts at midnight and, in our little town, lasts about 30-40 minutes. I used to get really nervous down on the ground level with so many going off---but now we have a 4th floor terrace and live in a smaller town, which is perfect for watching them.

So we'll be home, play Mecano at midnight, eat 12 grapes and toast with champagne (hold overs from my teen years in Spain), watch the fireworks and then head inside to wach the wierd little BBC comedy sketch that no Brit has heard of but every German watches as the first broadcast they see in the New Year, called Dinner for One.

I have to have my oldest to the airport for a 10 o'clock flight the next morning, so we'll be in bed not too long after the firewirks die down.

DH has to work, he works 7 pm to 9:30 am Sunday night through Tuesday night so his holiday will be Tuesday night. I will grab pizza rolls and fancy cheeses for the kids and doubt any of us but DH will make it to midnight.

Probably the same thing we almost always do, an early dinner at a local restaurant. Then home to watch a movie or two, snacks later, and watch the ball drop at Times Square at midnight.

Since I have to be up to make FPs for my March trip I doubt I'll make it to midnight :p

We'll be packing up Christmas decorations, watching football, eating and will stream the MK fireworks. This is what we do every year now.

Late lunch around 3 and then home for cocktails and a movie-I usually do not make it til midnight
NYD will be strange- it is my son and Moms birthday and I have hosted a party for the past 29 years
This year Mom is in failing health and son lives in Colorado- we are in CT soon party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter