New Years Eve Plans

Staying home and trying to keep my pup calm from the fireworks. I’m keeping my fingers crossed people use them all up tonight. Ugh, it’s super annoying when fireworks are going off at 1am on July 7th and Jan 5th.

Got room for one more? :wave2:

We were on our way home yesterday (500 mile trip) from visiting family when my new car very enexpectedly broke down and stranded us in the middle of nowhere. It took all day to wait for a tow truck and finally get back where we started. The dealership won’t even look at the vehicle until Monday and Lord knows how long getting parts and repairs will take. I’m flying home tonight to go back to work tomorrow but DH will stay here until the car is ready.

That was originally my plan too but our party has been cancelled since it was for DH’s side of the family and he’s stranded away from home.

Wow, you're not having much luck this holiday season. Problems with the movie on Christmas and now this. Hope 2019 treats you better.

Wow, you're not having much luck this holiday season. Problems with the movie on Christmas and now this. Hope 2019 treats you better.
:blush: Minor blips compared to the real heartaches some are enduring. I'm going to try hard to keep perspective on the difference between an irritation and a problem; we're so fortunate really. DH is on the road home now (about 6 hours away). The problem was fixed relatively easily first thing this morning - a "known" Nissan CVT issue apparently. Happy New Year!! :wave2:

Going to see Mary Poppins with DW and DD in a couple hours. We are dropping off DS (4 years old) at a play center. They are having a countdown for the kids at 9pm. Probably have the kids in bed by 10. DW and I have a small bottle of bubbly chilling for midnight. Sleep by 12:05 :)

I'll be watching Team Canada beat Russia at the World Juniors in about an hour and then I'm going to make myself some chicken and corn chowder in my brand new Instant Pot. My hubby will head to work about when the hockey game starts... I have a migraine so while I'll make it to midnight (since i worked until 0600 this morning and just got up) I probably won't make it until he's home around 4am.

Hanging out with with DW and the kids, maybe watching a movie.

We'll be in bed before 10pm. New Years really doesn't mean much to us...haven't seen a ball drop in probably 20 years.

I just got to Vegas. Traffic was TERRIBLE! Starting 9AM I will spend the next three days setting up what promises to be one of the biggest fireworks shows in the U.S.

So that means NYE on the roof of The Venetian.

I left Vegas Friday and traffic was terrible too....lol What normally is a 2 1/2 hour drive took almost 5 hours.

Staying home like always. Watching the ball drop on TV so that means I'm done by 10pm. DS16 is abroad this school year, DS12 flew off to visit his cousin in TX this morning, and DH had ankle surgery on Friday. I may get wild and make myself a grapefruit Moscow Mule! DH is on oxy, so I probably shouldn't share it with him.

It’s good to read your car is fixed and husband will be home tonight

Hope he has a safe drive home
:teeth: Yep, we'll be smootching at midnight, albeit in our jammies at home rather than out on the town. He'll be bagged from a long day on the road and since it was too late to re-organize our plans for tomorrow, it will be a quiet day for him to rest up.
I'll be watching Team Canada beat Russia at the World Juniors in about an hour and then I'm going to make myself some chicken and corn chowder in my brand new Instant Pot. My hubby will head to work about when the hockey game starts... I have a migraine so while I'll make it to midnight (since i worked until 0600 this morning and just got up) I probably won't make it until he's home around 4am.
You and much of the rest of the country, I'd imagine. Sorry to hear about your headache - hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year neighbour! :wave2:

We're having fun with DGDs tonight so DD& her DH can have fun too! We bought some plastic champagne flutes, masks, and party horns and at the stroke of 9PM, we'll welcome the new year with some sparkling apple juice.:) I'm sure DW & I will be in bed by 10 or 10:30 because the kids will be up at the usual early hour tomorrow morning. See y'all on the new calendar tomorrow:)

We're having fun with DGDs tonight so DD& her DH can have fun too! We bought some plastic champagne flutes, masks, and party horns and at the stroke of 9PM, we'll welcome the new year with some sparkling apple juice.:) I'm sure DW & I will be in bed by 10 or 10:30 because the kids will be up at the usual early hour tomorrow morning. See y'all on the new calendar tomorrow:)
:rotfl2: Yep, you know you're old when...

Yep, you know you're old when...
Well...to be fair the 9PM toast is for the 5 & 7 yr olds present for the revelry. Left to our own devices we'd push it all the way to 9:30-9:45:tongue: And I will add that having worked an early morning job for many years (at work at 4:30AM) festivities and debauchery can be had at any hour.:smooth: But you are not inaccurate about the getting old part;)

I'm on drink #4 and starting to feel happy!

Tequila aka fake Margarita - YUM
Vodka aka fake Moscow Mule - YUM
Irish Wiskey aka Car Bomb (gross the Baily's curdled before I could finish it) - GROSS!
Gin - Gin w/ Ginger Ale - gross by itself, okay with the ginger ale

Coming Soon...Bourbon - Coke & Bourbon

I'm on drink #4 and starting to feel happy!

Tequila aka fake Margarita - YUM
Vodka aka fake Moscow Mule - YUM
Irish Wiskey aka Car Bomb (gross the Baily's curdled before I could finish it) - GROSS!
Gin - Gin w/ Ginger Ale - gross by itself, okay with the ginger ale

Coming Soon...Bourbon - Coke & Bourbon
Geez I dunno Christa--I can do four drinks and maintain (not driving but general functionality) but 4 different types of drinks??? That would catch up to me pretty fast.

Staying home and trying to keep my pup calm from the fireworks. I’m keeping my fingers crossed people use them all up tonight. Ugh, it’s super annoying when fireworks are going off at 1am on July 7th and Jan 5th.
Same here AND trying to keep my 8 month asleep through it all. They’re illegal here & no one really enforces it. Infuriates me. I wish they’d attach an outrageous fine to getting caught with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter