New Years Eve Plans

Playing games next door at my sister's with a bunch of family members. I might stay over there til about 11:00 but probably not til the ball drops. Haven't been feeling up to par for the last couple of days.

Dinner out with friends. Then hopefully a nightcap and snoring on the couch by 10:00.

We are staying in and I'm trying to find something interesting to make for dinner. DH and I will have some drinks snd it's debatable if we will celebrate east coast or central time midnight. Lol

The Jersey Shore town where I have a vacation home has something called First Night, a series of family-friendly activities starting about 3pm on NYE and culminating with fireworks at midnight. NYD has a walkathon and a polar bear plunge into the ocean. Some events are free, but most require the purchase of a pass for $20 that includes everything. Shuttle buses run between the various venues. Alcohol-free, it's a dry town.

DW and I are heading there this afternoon and will stay until maybe dinnertime on January 1. We haven't purchased a pass yet; we may or may not depending how we feel on NYE. Stepdaughter and her fiancee are coming to stay over for NYE.

I don't know why these celebrations are called "First Night" when they happen on the LAST night of the year.

Working the night shift. I tend to be floated to the ER on NYE, so that tends to be sadly entertaining. DH will be keeping tabs on the kids...which means I'll be texting him to find out what's going on. :rolleyes:

We are staying home. We are hosting the extended family on New Year's Day so I will spend the evening doing a lot of prep work. Exciting, I know, but it is a tradition. We will have a special dinner and watch t.v. Dd is going to a house party and ds is working.

Staying in. Even before the “ick” hit we had no big plans. Never been much for New Years Eve.

LOL see you here!!
Got room for one more? :wave2:

We were on our way home yesterday (500 mile trip) from visiting family when my new car very enexpectedly broke down and stranded us in the middle of nowhere. It took all day to wait for a tow truck and finally get back where we started. The dealership won’t even look at the vehicle until Monday and Lord knows how long getting parts and repairs will take. I’m flying home tonight to go back to work tomorrow but DH will stay here until the car is ready.
We are staying home. We are hosting the extended family on New Year's Day so I will spend the evening doing a lot of prep work. Exciting, I know, but it is a tradition. We will have a special dinner and watch t.v. Dd is going to a house party and ds is working.
That was originally my plan too but our party has been cancelled since it was for DH’s side of the family and he’s stranded away from home.

At this point, it is taking a nap this afternoon... relaxing for a while then going to bed early. I just need to rest.

To not be on the roads after 5pm or so to greatly reduce my chances of being killed by a drunk driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter