I haven't seen anything where they are changing the reservation time from 7am when the park opens later. I would assume it will stay the same no matter what time the park opens (for example August 11th the park doesn't open until 10am but reservations would still be available to make starting at 7am)
That’s the day we arrive! But didn’t pay attention to park times as we weren’t planning on wasting a day on a partial day. We have 5 day tix. I think the Chocolate Run is that day, guess the reason for late opening.

That’s the day we arrive! But didn’t pay attention to park times as we weren’t planning on wasting a day on a partial day. We have 5 day tix. I think the Chocolate Run is that day, guess the reason for late opening.
Heh. The CHOC (Children’s Hospital of Orange County) Walk is indeed that morning. Make sure you don’t need to hit the ticket booths that morning! Everyone who participates in the walk can get a discounted ticket for the day, so the booths get slammed.

Wait- the Cantina is not ECV/wheelchair accessible?
When we were there yesterday the tables and booths were first come reservations. If we wanted to wait on one,my son is in a wheelchair, it would be another 45 minutes or so. We didnt want to wait so the put us at the lower end of the bar but still not accessible. I knew this going in so I wasnt too surprised. We got a total of 2 drinks and left in about 10 minutes. I did it just so my son could see inside but won't go again. The carbon freeze drink was fun as it bubbled alot and both kids had to figure out how to drink it.

Lots of buzz about an empty Galaxy's Edge in DLR. Smuggler's Run is also receiving less than stellar reviews. Thoughts?

I rode Smuggler's Run several times and thought that there would be many assumptions in order to fully enjoy it. For instance, the most important role, pilot, one controls vertical, the other controls horizontal. They need to both do well. Basically it is star tours + the interactive part, and the interactive part is highly dependent on the whole team. So I feel that it might be much fun only if either the whole crew is one party or the whole crew do really well.
However, I think the low crowd has nothing to do with whether or not the land is good. It is caused by strategy (which is probably made based on some predictions that do not turn out to be true). Just think about it, even if the land is not great, with the fans wishing to experience it, it is hard to imagine the low crowd. And to be fair, I think the land is very immersive, though I guess from ride perspective, probably not as great (to the general public) as say, those in the cars land and Pandora.

It obviously was all over the news when it opened and then it fell off the radar.I knew when I saw the first video of Smugglers run it was no big deal.The early videos also showed what looks like a major money grab from Disney (things like build your droid for $100 or whatever it costs).I know the other ride is coming and all I can say it has to be really good,otherwise the land will be nice and all but just will not be substantial enough to call the land a success.For example I would not consider Pandora a success if Flight of Passage was a dud,I am not a fan of Avatar but a good ride is all it needs for me to give it the stamp of approval.Look at the new Hagrids coaster at Islands of Adventure,I've waited like 15 hrs total to get 4 rides in,and 9 of those hours were a 5 and 4 hr waits that I didnt get to ride,but I'll still go back cause its really good!!

I rode Smuggler's Run several times and thought that there would be many assumptions in order to fully enjoy it. For instance, the most important role, pilot, one controls vertical, the other controls horizontal. They need to both do well. Basically it is star tours + the interactive part, and the interactive part is highly dependent on the whole team. So I feel that it might be much fun only if either the whole crew is one party or the whole crew do really well.

Not true, Im a single rider and did Smugglers run 5 times. 3 Times on one day and twice on the second day. I got all 3 positions. Each of the 5 times I was with random people. The ride was amazing fun all 5 times, even when there was a child as the pilot. Everyone was shouting and cheering, the ride enjoyment was NOT diminished just because all 5 times we were groups of strangers. Going to hyperdrive is a rush, no matter WHO is pilot.

Well, I guess there is no notion of right or wrong etc. on this, just data points.
I was willing to ride, say, TSMM, many times a day; but after 3 rides on this, I felt that I was not interested in doing it more. Again, just a data point.

Not true, Im a single rider and did Smugglers run 5 times. 3 Times on one day and twice on the second day. I got all 3 positions. Each of the 5 times I was with random people. The ride was amazing fun all 5 times, even when there was a child as the pilot. Everyone was shouting and cheering, the ride enjoyment was NOT diminished just because all 5 times we were groups of strangers. Going to hyperdrive is a rush, no matter WHO is pilot.

people do not stop coming to Disneyland just because they added Galaxy's Edge. regulars who don't care about Star Wars would still come to enjoy the rest of the park. I think the empty Disneyland is because most AP tiers are currently blocked out
Correct. The question Disney has to answer for itself is why didn’t a new billion-dollar land draw in new visitors who wouldn’t have been there anyway, even without the investment?

Last edited:
We have been here since Friday, and have done two mornings in Galaxy’s Edge.

Both mornings the land itself has been fairly busy. Yesterday (Tuesday) less than last Friday.

By mid afternoon and evening the land starts to clear out.

It’s been a lot of fun. Only complaint is lack of good food choices for the kids.

Does anyone know if the Batuuan Spira Disney gift card is back in stock, and if so, where to get it?

Thanks.

So this morning I've been trying to check on return times for Oga's and Savi's to no avail. Every time I've tried to access the booking client, I've been greeted with the typical "Someone Ate the Page!" Stitch error page. I'm not actually at Disneyland right now, so it's no big deal for me... right now...

HOWEVER... that does bring up a good point. What if this were to happen to us on the morning of our days in the park? What should we do? Would it be recommended to just rope-drop the cantina and/or Savi's to get it out of the way if a reservation cannot be secured?? I definitely wouldn't want to be caught off guard...

So this morning I've been trying to check on return times for Oga's and Savi's to no avail. Every time I've tried to access the booking client, I've been greeted with the typical "Someone Ate the Page!" Stitch error page. I'm not actually at Disneyland right now, so it's no big deal for me... right now...

HOWEVER... that does bring up a good point. What if this were to happen to us on the morning of our days in the park? What should we do? Would it be recommended to just rope-drop the cantina and/or Savi's to get it out of the way if a reservation cannot be secured?? I definitely wouldn't want to be caught off guard...
App is acting kooky too, right now, so either the Disney IT team is having a really bad day or Stitch is extra hungry (or both).

I ask myself the “what if this were to happen the morning of” question each time I check and see IT issues like that. I guess just like occasional Fastpass/Maxpass System breakdown, this would fall under “oh, well, sh*t happens...” A good reminder that life throws the occasional wrench into even the best made plans of type A Disney your peepers such as myself.

Here’s hoping that they’ll be able to sort this out before we leave on our respective trips!
🤞

people do not stop coming to Disneyland just because they added Galaxy's Edge. regulars who don't care about Star Wars would still come to enjoy the rest of the park. I think the empty Disneyland is because most AP tiers are currently blocked out

I personally believe it's exactly this and the current ticket prices for those who are not APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter