It’s been a lot of fun. Only complaint is lack of good food choices for the kids.
Agreed! We were there during the reservation period, so we couldn't leave and had to eat in the land. While my DH and I enjoyed the Ronto Wrap, it was difficult to find choices the kids liked. We ended up managing, but I thought it was odd the lack of choices. And I don't think we would eat in the land next trip....

Not only blocked APs, but also as has been discussed a not insignificant number of non-local Star Wars fanatics like me who can only go to DL infrequently are (patiently) waiting to plan their visit around ROTR opening, whenever that is announced.

No. When I had asked about the droid backpacks last week they said they don’t know when and don’t want to give wrong info.
I am so glad I got these for my kids on opening weekend. We almost passed them up to get other stuff instead. The kids have used them to take their droids several times to Disney on other trips. I hope they get them in soon for everyone else that wants them. What are they going to do next month for the WDW opening for all the merchandise? Do you think one reason we are low on merchandise is that they are stockpiling it for the WDW opening?

people do not stop coming to Disneyland just because they added Galaxy's Edge. regulars who don't care about Star Wars would still come to enjoy the rest of the park. I think the empty Disneyland is because most AP tiers are currently blocked out
In my circle of friends and family, we are not local, so we have to plan vacations pretty far in advance. The past years, Disneyland has gotten more and more crowded, so when hearing about GE opening this summer, all of them postponed their trips until next summer. They simply don't want to shell out the $$$$$ to experience an overcrowded park. They are surprised at how low crowds have been.

So this morning I've been trying to check on return times for Oga's and Savi's to no avail. Every time I've tried to access the booking client, I've been greeted with the typical "Someone Ate the Page!" Stitch error page. I'm not actually at Disneyland right now, so it's no big deal for me... right now...

HOWEVER... that does bring up a good point. What if this were to happen to us on the morning of our days in the park? What should we do? Would it be recommended to just rope-drop the cantina and/or Savi's to get it out of the way if a reservation cannot be secured?? I definitely wouldn't want to be caught off guard...

Does anybody have a strategy for SW:GE if the reservation system for Oga's and Savi's is redirecting to the error page? Like I questioned previously... would it be best to arrive early and rope-drop the catina and/or Savi's, then head over to Smuggler's Run?? Idk... I'm just looking for the best way to handle the worst situation, really...

Does anybody have a strategy for SW:GE if the reservation system for Oga's and Savi's is redirecting to the error page? Like I questioned previously... would it be best to arrive early and rope-drop the catina and/or Savi's, then head over to Smuggler's Run?? Idk... I'm just looking for the best way to handle the worst situation, really...
I don’t think that’s happened except for briefly this morning, so I don’t think there’s been an opportunity to develop a strategy for it.

It’s so hot in SWGE. We walked in from Critter Country and within minutes, my niece said, “It’s so hot on this planet! There are no trees here!” Anywhere with shade just has people squeezed together, sitting on the floor.

I went during the reservation period so I can’t speak from current experience, but I think I read that for the most part, they are NOT taking walk ups for Savi’s or Oga’s. Now if the whole system is down at 7am and no one can make a reservation, then I guess I would head straight to whichever you want to do straightaway at park opening and see what they say. But only one person has reported that they were taking walk ups to Oga’s on one slower day.

I am so glad I got these for my kids on opening weekend. We almost passed them up to get other stuff instead. The kids have used them to take their droids several times to Disney on other trips. I hope they get them in soon for everyone else that wants them. What are they going to do next month for the WDW opening for all the merchandise? Do you think one reason we are low on merchandise is that they are stockpiling it for the WDW opening?
Good thing you got them! That’s my only downside for picking a later reservation date. Everything was sold out. I thought they were holding out for normal opening but nope! Even more stuff is sold out!

I'm going in January. Not sure whether to be thrilled that we will have the ride, or annoyed that it could cause crazy wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter