Birthday Party for One Year Old

Not to throw a total wrench in your plans but I'd highly recommend renting a treehouse at Saratoga Springs. We did the for my son's first 2 birthdays and we loved it! We had about 8-10 family members and it was awesome.
Great minds think alike! Earlier today I ended up booking a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for a $200 savings off the regular room we had at Yacht Club.

I considered the treehouse but we are the only ones staying at Disney and going to the theme parks. With no one to share the space with it would have been too pricey, but the one bedroom was a score for sure!

We will host the party in the villa. Order pizza. Cut a cake. I'm happy.

Great minds think alike! Earlier today I ended up booking a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for a $200 savings off the regular room we had at Yacht Club.

I considered the treehouse but we are the only ones staying at Disney and going to the theme parks. With no one to share the space with it would have been too pricey, but the one bedroom was a score for sure!

That's a great choice! The only potential issue is getting through gate to park, but since it is SSR maybe not a problem. Worse case, they have to park at DS.

A tip--be sure you've some kind of cake server unless better at scooping out slices with a fork than I am.

The 1br villas have minimal cooking/serving utensils. Never have seen any that would serve cake easily. Might not even have a knife that'll work well.

Dont know if you’ll have a car or if you’re fussy about cake, but order cake , ice cream and some decorations from Walmart. Add some party favors. Instant party. Add a tube or two of writing gel to write happy birthday.

A tip--be sure you've some kind of cake server unless better at scooping out slices with a fork than I am.

The 1br villas have minimal cooking/serving utensils. Never have seen any that would serve cake easily. Might not even have a knife that'll work well.

That's a good point! - Maybe the local relatives coming could bring those, to avoid worrying about packing them in luggage.

This was definitely the best choice! Have a blast!

Depending on how many people are in your immediate travel party, you can add additional people to the reservation so they can easily get through security for parking purposes.

OP, in Orlando, get your cake from Publix and your pizza from Flippers. If you have local relatives coming, I'm sure they will be happy to pick up your cake from whatever Publix branch is their usual one. The closest Flippers to SSR is the new one on Glass House Lane.

For a one-year-old's birthday party in Orlando, you might consider places like Lake Eola Park for a picnic setup, or a local community center that offers party room rentals.
Since you have a mix of ages attending, you'll want a venue that can accommodate both the little ones and the adults. A park with a playground could be a hit with the kids, while providing space for the adults to relax and socialize.
If you need help organizing the party, I recommend checking out event rentals & services. They've been a huge help for me in the past. Their website, at https://sizzleyourevents.com/, has tons of options for party rentals and planning.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter