Hi my apologies if this has been asked and I've missed the answer. Is there a trick to getting a reservation to Oga's. I sat up til midnight last night which is 7am. From midnight till 12.10 the date was blacked out on the web. On the app I couldn't even get Oga's to come up. No one in my group will cry if we miss out but I would like to try and get a reservation. We are there from the 29 July.
I was checking out the reservations this morning around 9 a.m. and there was still plenty of availability all day, past the first couple of hours. So it doesn't look like they're running out of reservations very quickly when it opens at 7 a.m. Pacific time.

Hi my apologies if this has been asked and I've missed the answer. Is there a trick to getting a reservation to Oga's. I sat up til midnight last night which is 7am. From midnight till 12.10 the date was blacked out on the web. On the app I couldn't even get Oga's to come up. No one in my group will cry if we miss out but I would like to try and get a reservation. We are there from the 29 July.

You can only make reservations on the day of. You’ll have to wait until the day you are wanting to visit the cantina and then get into the app at 7:00 am to sign up. It hasn’t been too hard to get from what I understand.

I was checking out the reservations this morning around 9 a.m. and there was still plenty of availability all day, past the first couple of hours. So it doesn't look like they're running out of reservations very quickly when it opens at 7 a.m. Pacific time.
I noticed the same thing when checking for availability. I even checked it in the late morning the other day and saw plenty of times throughout the afternoon and evening. Glad to see that settling down since we are hoping to visit Oga’s when we arrive later this month.

I noticed the same thing when checking for availability. I even checked it in the late morning the other day and saw plenty of times throughout the afternoon and evening. Glad to see that settling down since we are hoping to visit Oga’s when we arrive later this month.
I have done some test bookings for Oga’s and it looks like there are early times blanked out and later times that you can click on. But often when you click on the “available” time, it is not actually available. So don’t be deceived by times showing up as available to click on; once you click on it, it has been saying “not available” for me after about 8am PST each day.

We were a party of six and were given a standing table.
It seemed to me (during our two visits to Oga’s during the reservation period) that the booths with seats were given preferentially to folks with someone in a scooter etc (and rightfully so in my opinion since they could not do a standing table and there is not room for the scooter in the cantina). I really dislike the standing table concept at a place like DLR where I am already walking 25,000 steps per day. I understand that it saves space, and it also makes people stay for a shorter length of time (because it is uncomfortable to stand in one spot too long) to help with turning in it over to new guests, but I think it degrades the experience. And it is especially tough for those with young kids (ours are almost 12 and 14, so they were fine standing). I also thought the lack of a restroom in a cantina was very poorly thought out. I had to get a “bathroom pass” to leave the cantina, walk all the way to the closest bathroom which is past the blue/green milk stand, and then come back. People are drinking... they need a bathroom in there!!!

I have done some test bookings for Oga’s and it looks like there are early times blanked out and later times that you can click on. But often when you click on the “available” time, it is not actually available. So don’t be deceived by times showing up as available to click on; once you click on it, it has been saying “not available” for me after about 8am PST each day.

That's what I am seeing right now. I also noticed that I can't access the Oga's reservation page from the web on my Mac using either Chrome or Safari. I get Stitch. However, if I use the Disneyland app on my phone, which opens a webpage, it seems to at least get me to the page that lists the unavailable "available" times. Interesting. Trying to map out my strategy for my arrival day. I land at 7:11am PST. Maybe I can use wifi on the plane. I don't really care what time I get as long as it's late enough in the day for me to make it to DLR from the airport and hotel. I am sure everything will be completely different by end of August though.

Anyone done a VIP tour into SWGE at DLR since the reservation period ended? I called to ask about what I would get with my currently reserved tour, but they weren't as clear as I would like. Plus, that was a day or two before they announced the current system. I think the CMs thought they would be doing virtual queue for Smuggler's Run too, in addition to getting into the land. Still not sure if it's worth it or not just for SWGE.

Where do you find the link to Ogas and Savis reservations in the app? I must be a tech idiot; I can’t find it anywhere!

Where do you find the link to Ogas and Savis reservations in the app? I must be a tech idiot; I can’t find it anywhere!
If you click on the shop in the app, there should be a button that says make reservations.

Edit: here’s a pic

Attachments

• 188B50D8-E61F-469B-9279-A1F863378B0A.png
    188B50D8-E61F-469B-9279-A1F863378B0A.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: EmJ

I also found it by using the magnifying glass in the app and searching for Oga's. I had to google how to find it in the app, so don't feel bad. It will then load a webpage in a browser, at least for Oga's.

One thing I noticed about booking reservations for either Savi’s or Oga’s is that if you scroll all the way to the end of the reservation times it’s has options for Morning, Afternoon and Evening so that you can select the general time you want to go and it will give you all the times available in that window. This may be old news, but I just noticed it today.

I could find Oga's in the dining reservations area too. I also found both by going into the "Galaxy's Edge" section on the app. It did all seem to be kind of buried though, but I just kept clicking through til I found what I was looking for!

Ahh...Good to know! Thanks! We'll just go for it right at 7 am to make sure.

I could find Oga's in the dining reservations area too. I also found both by going into the "Galaxy's Edge" section on the app. It did all seem to be kind of buried though, but I just kept clicking through til I found what I was looking for!
If you scroll down to "tips and important information", you can also find the links to Oga's and Savi's.

I also found it by using the magnifying glass in the app and searching for Oga's. I had to google how to find it in the app, so don't feel bad. It will then load a webpage in a browser, at least for Oga's.
This is literally the only way I can find it. If I click the shopping button, it takes me to shopdisney.com. If I click the Star Wars Galaxy Edge button, I get the opportunity to not join a boarding group not being used, the wait time for Smuggler's Run, and Play Disney Parks. I'll go through the magnifying glass route and get what we need, but WHY would they not include links to the reservations on the SWGE page? That seems like app design 101.

You can find it in the app if you go to the map and switch the top tab to either ‘dining’ or ‘shopping’ - then find either Oga’s or Savi’s on the map and click on it to bring up these screens which will take you right to it.

Watched friends do their lightsabers. While I wouldn't pay for one, it was very cool. Love the part where they all light up. And they are pretty heavy and the pieces are actual medal. I did see some younger kids do them, so even though it seems like it could be for someone older, if the kid can pay attention and build it, they should be fine.

This is literally the only way I can find it. If I click the shopping button, it takes me to shopdisney.com. If I click the Star Wars Galaxy Edge button, I get the opportunity to not join a boarding group not being used, the wait time for Smuggler's Run, and Play Disney Parks. I'll go through the magnifying glass route and get what we need, but WHY would they not include links to the reservations on the SWGE page? That seems like app design 101.

I think it's because it was kind of a last minute add on to the app. I suspect that's why the app also launches a webpage. DLR and WDW's app, and MDE, are horribly complicated beasts that probably make it difficult for developers to do things quickly, even if they seem simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter