New offer up on Disneylandparis.co.uk

It is nice to see that the AP rates are working out better for some as for a while now I believe that has not been the case... Disney have been pushing APs though (recent Fantasy AP discounts, giving APs to CEMulti etc) so I wonder whether they are hoping more people will go that way and are making it better value for accom as a result :confused3

We are looking at going back in June and was going to stay offsite. However was browsing Expedia today and found the Newport Bay Club for the 5th - 8th June for £539 with tickets and breakfast. DLP website was quoting over a £1000 for the same dates!!

However, you do have to watch Expedia sometimes as they can be sneaky. Santa Fe was coming up at £339 for those same dates but when you went through to the booking page, it was without tickets. So when I added the tickets on it actually came up more expensive then the NBC!

Hope this may help someone....

Really hope you have received your confirmation by now DLPDreams!

Oh rats :headache: I was reading this thread and just thought I'd check for our dates and now wish I hadn't!! :( It's giving 40% - we could now get Admirals floor rooms for less than we've paid for standard ones. Going to try phoning and see what happens if we add the dining plan but it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening as the bookings are in DH's name.

Wish me luck please ..... it's not the end of the world if we don't get lucky as I work on the principle that I wouldn't have booked the holiday if I wasn't prepared to pay the price, but still ..... it's worth a try.

And it's good to see that the AP rates are improving. For the last few years it seemed that AP holders were forced to buy a package with unwanted tickets or else go offsite.

Why do they have do be so rude? I have to say, I've only ever had nice CM's once or twice and I'm pretty sure that they were both on the french shareholders number! It kinda ruins the magic!

We paid £993 for NPBC, 5 nights in September for 2 adults and a child. its now showing £850 for the exact same thing. It's so annoying! I know its only £130 difference but it's still annoying. What do you think the chances of being upgraded to a admirals floor lake side room would be?? (that is currently showing as £999.60.... Or, maybe I could get lake side OR admirals floor?? Anybody had any luck with this in the past? I see Donald Ducks wife has manged to get a good upgrade. Well done :goodvibes

Tink - that seems a fab offer - every time i've tried Expedia I've always found it way more expensive (or didn't include tickets and we didn't have APs at the time).

My confirmation email did come today :)

There is nothing worse than booking a holiday then finding it cheaper Elaine, even if you'd told yourself you were happy with the price :hug:. Hope you manage to do something.

Donna - same to you - hope you manage to upgrade - surely Sept will be fairly quiet so they will be happy to upgrade you? It seems to be luck of the draw on who you get. Try the french number though as someone said they seem to help more :confused3.

Let us know how you both get on won't you?

Can anyone phone up for an AP rate or do you need proof you own one? Thinking of getting one for DH/DD but havent yet. I'm a shareholder but think the dream ap discount is better?

Anyone should be able to phone up, although sometimes they do ask for you your AP number up front.

Obviously they'll ask for it if you actually make a booking.

Tink - that seems a fab offer - every time i've tried Expedia I've always found it way more expensive (or didn't include tickets and we didn't have APs at the time).

My confirmation email did come today :)

There is nothing worse than booking a holiday then finding it cheaper Elaine, even if you'd told yourself you were happy with the price :hug:. Hope you manage to do something.

Donna - same to you - hope you manage to upgrade - surely Sept will be fairly quiet so they will be happy to upgrade you? It seems to be luck of the draw on who you get. Try the french number though as someone said they seem to help more :confused3.

Let us know how you both get on won't you?

Will do DLPdreams. I will phone the French line tomorrow and see what they say. Might try going through the shareholders number. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Oh rats :headache: I was reading this thread and just thought I'd check for our dates and now wish I hadn't!! :( It's giving 40% - we could now get Admirals floor rooms for less than we've paid for standard ones. Going to try phoning and see what happens if we add the dining plan but it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening as the bookings are in DH's name.

Wish me luck please ..... it's not the end of the world if we don't get lucky as I work on the principle that I wouldn't have booked the holiday if I wasn't prepared to pay the price, but still ..... it's worth a try.

And it's good to see that the AP rates are improving. For the last few years it seemed that AP holders were forced to buy a package with unwanted tickets or else go offsite.

Why do they have do be so rude? I have to say, I've only ever had nice CM's once or twice and I'm pretty sure that they were both on the french shareholders number! It kinda ruins the magic!

We paid £993 for NPBC, 5 nights in September for 2 adults and a child. its now showing £850 for the exact same thing. It's so annoying! I know its only £130 difference but it's still annoying. What do you think the chances of being upgraded to a admirals floor lake side room would be?? (that is currently showing as £999.60.... Or, maybe I could get lake side OR admirals floor?? Anybody had any luck with this in the past? I see Donald Ducks wife has manged to get a good upgrade. Well done :goodvibes

Hope you both manage to get your upgrades:goodvibes

It is a fantastic price, we were looking at staying offsite in June, but with all the ticket prices/parking etc added onto staying offsite, it makes sense to just stay at NBC!

Hi Tink1987, that's a great deal, can I ask how many people that was for?

We are hoping for something similar :-)

Thanks

Hi Tink1987, that's a great deal, can I ask how many people that was for?

We are hoping for something similar :-)

Thanks

It was just for two people in a standard room - I think one thing about Expedia that puts people off is that you have to pay for everything upfront. You can only put a deposit down if you book transportation with them as well but even then they want half of the total!

I didn't even manage to get through on the phone :rotfl:

Phoned at 6.15 and the phone line for guest services closes at 6pm! (well 7pm French time) I was tempted to try to normal uk booking number (well, US) but was scared I'd get someone rude who would put me off trying!!

I'll try the shareholders number tomorrow as well. I really hope we get an upgrade. It would make me feel a lot better for missing out on the savings....

I didn't even manage to get through on the phone :rotfl:

Phoned at 6.15 and the phone line for guest services closes at 6pm! (well 7pm French time)
Same here! :rotfl2: good luck for tomorrow. :wizard:

Luckily we'd already decided where we want to eat so when I got in from work this afternoon I spent half an hour working out what the total bill for 3 meals will be after shareholders discount and compared it with the half-board plus plan. If they do let us upgrade I worked out that we'll be saving approx £150 so not a huge huge amount although we would have a better room. They don't have any of the standard rooms available for our dates :confused3 which does make me feel a whole lot better. I wouldn't have wanted to see them with a 40% offer! I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't get anywhere BUT it's just so annoying when we should have waited to book. Ah well, hindsight is a wonderf ul thing .....

I'm going to try again tomorrow but in the afternoon. The booking is in my DH's name so I'll have to put my deepest voice on. :lmao:

Aw was hoping to hear good thing from you both tonight!

Better luck tomorrow - hope you get a friendly CM :thumbsup2

Elaine - I've read something about upgrading/adding meal plans before - would you mind pm-ing me to explain it pretty please :)?

Well, I'm no expert having stayed offsite apart from last May :rotfl2: but the way I see it is sometimes people manage to benefit from sale prices by upgrading their hotel or adding something to their package ie. meal plan, Buffalo Bill tickets. The most important thing seems to be that you're spending more although I think it very much depends on the CM you talk to as to whether you're successful. I remember a couple of years ago people weren't managing to do this so they were cancelling their holidays, losing their deposits, then rebooking and still saving money!

In my case we've booked standard rooms at the Newport Bay and the Admirals Floor ones are now cheaper. It's pointless trying to upgrade hotels as the New York is only offering the same discount as when we originally booked so still too much and although the DLH is 40% off it's still way over our budget. So I'm going to try upgrading to Admirals Floor rooms and adding the half-board dining plan to our packages so that our total bill has increased.

Hope I've explained it enough - if not someone else please chip in. :)

Thanks Elaine - it makes sense to me :thumbsup2. Just hope it does to the CM you speak to ;).

Yay!! Great news!! I've just phoned and have upgraded our rooms to Admirals floor ones and purchased the half-board plan :yay: ..... and the best bit? ..... it didn't cost as much as I'd worked out it was going to :dance3:

Hope you are successful too, donna307. :wizard:

Aww brilliant new Elaine! Thats so exciting!

Isn't it funny that we're both in the exact same situation? Newport bay and feeling like we've lost out :)

I still haven't managed to phone yet. I'm aiming for Saturday now. I'm hoping to get admirals floor and lakeside (or one or the other) Would it really be worth going for admirals floor if I can only choose one or the other? :confused3 or Should I just keep a standard room and go for a lakeside view? (this is all assuming I will get an upgrade!) :lmao:

I still haven't decided how to book buffalo bills yet. the options are a) Buy it when I get there + shareholders discount B) book it on the french site or C) add it to the package when I phone on Saturday. (which I never thought of until I saw the post above!)

Here comes the stupid question... if I ask them to add on BBWWS tickets to the package, it won't most me any more? (assuming that the sale price + BBWWS tickets = no more that the £983 I paid in the first place (of course I can pay the extra if its not too much difference)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter