• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New offer up on Disneylandparis.co.uk

great stuff DLPDreams :goodvibes.

Actually, i may call DLP again, as I don't think I was quoted any kind of discount at all on my room only quotes, as an AP and share holder :confused3.

And just to let you know - been looking at Santa Fe and it is recommending for SAME DATES for the Cheyenne at a much LOWER COST!

August 13-17 (Mon-Fri) 3 Adults
Santa Fe: £1122 Cheyenne: £975.60 :thumbsup2

Hiya

I've got the brochure here in front of me, and for the dates I've booked, it should be

£417 per adult, 1 free child. So total £834. 15% discount on that is £125. So, if it is actually 15% off then it should be coming in at £709. On the website, with 15% off it says £808.

??

And as for the quote of £1391 it was giving out for exactly the same thing a few weeks ago - that's just ridiculous!

I'm so cross about these prices.

And now... a few hours later, the exact same thing, showing as 15% off still, is £970.00

Unbelievable.

thanks op, ive been waiting for a sale to upgrade us. just managed to upgrade our 8 night stay for 2 adults and 1 child from santa fe to seuqia lodge for only £110 more. that is for a montana room, but if we went for a lodge room, it was going to cost -£20 on our orginal booking for santa fe!! crazy!!

thanks op, ive been waiting for a sale to upgrade us. just managed to upgrade our 8 night stay for 2 adults and 1 child from santa fe to seuqia lodge for only £110 more. that is for a montana room, but if we went for a lodge room, it was going to cost -£20 on our orginal booking for santa fe!! crazy!!

How an earth did you manage an upgrade? We spoke to 6 people on the last trip and not one would let us have an upgrade!

How an earth did you manage an upgrade? We spoke to 6 people on the last trip and not one would let us have an upgrade!

From what I'm reading on other sites people got upgrades way way easier by phoning the French number.

The English number gets you to those US cs people who don't seem to know what's what :confused3

From what I'm reading on other sites people got upgrades way way easier by phoning the French number.

The English number gets you to those US cs people who don't seem to know what's what :confused3

We spoke to 2 people at the French number! :-(

Don't get me started on the US CMs..... OK, you did ;)

I rang this morning after I'd seen the offer to ask about the discounts. The CM I got (Joel) was charming and very, very helpful (unlike the US CM I got a few weeks back). He looked through so many options for us :thumbsup2 Anyway, he got me the AP RO price which I was happy with but needed to run it past DH. He saved the 'travel wish' and emailed it to me - got it immediately.

Half hour later, I rang back spoke to a woman CM. She told me that the travel wish file was corrupt so she would have to redo the quote. She took the details then told me the only place she could book us with AP discount was DCR :confused3. I explained I'd had 2 quotes - DLH & HNY and surely they couldn't have sold both in half an hour! She said they obviously had and as it was the Queens Jubilee, blah blah, I'd need to now book the normal (whatever that is at Disney) discounted rate and she would check that out - I told her it was 15%, that I already knew. She then quoted me almost £350 MORE than the online price that I had got that morning :scared1:. I told her that the price was different and she said it must have "gone up" :confused3 I said I thought she had given us a lakeside room quote but she insisted it wasn't. By this point I just wanted to hang up :headache:.

So she curtly said "look, is there anything I can help you with at all today", I said "clearly not, thank you, goodbye" and called off.

Rang back one minute later, spoke to another CM. He also couldn't get the travel wish to open but did do it all again and got the same AP rate that the first nice chap got.

If I had the energy I would complain about that woman and her attitude. I knew she was talking rubbish :mad::mad:. I even asked to speak to Joel (the first CM) and she said "Madam, I have the same computer system as him so can help you just the same" - oh my g*d, clearly she doesn't know how to use it then.

Still, alls well that ends well - I got my AP discount :):)

Rant over - I guess what I am trying to say is I'm not impressed overall with their CS. Out of 4 people I've spoken to in the last few weeks, 2 have been great (1 fab in particular) and 2 have been dire :sad2::sad2:

My advice - if you don't like what you are hearing and think you can get better/you know you are correct about something. Call off and ring again - pretty expensive exercise due to it being an 0844 number though....

Sorry for the long post - I needed to let it all out ;)

:scared1: That is well worrying and just shows the pbs that they have with their customer service and how they train their staff

It would be cheaper for you to call the 0033 number here ;)

Actually what number are you calling out of interest ?

I know Carrie - felt a bit guilty posting it all but if it helps someone get the deal they know is out there then so be it :).

You know, maybe I should complain, issue is I didn't catch her name as it was so quick... :sad2: I don't like to complain really but she really needs some training :lmao: If I hadn't have known better (and thanks to this board, I do), then I could have paid £350 MORE for my accom than it is currently priced online :scared1:.

Number is the UK booking line - seems to go through to the US though - O844 something...

There's a few alternative numbers on Say no to 870 which if (heavens forbid) you have to ring again - I just checked by searching under Disney

;)

I booked our deal through an agent i've used a few times now, but I called the disney booking line to check prices and add an extra night at the end of our stay, room only with shareholders discount.

The CM kept putting me off saying I need to book 4 nights on the package. I just wanted the shareholders price for curiosity more than anything so kept pushing the point. She eventually gave me a room only price for 1 night at HNY - £664.00!!! Yeah right :lmao:

Expedia have room only for about £249 so I knew it was wrong- still way more than I'll pay for room only.

I've tried calling the shareholder line but I'm afraid my French is not very good and I couldn't figure out what option to pick. So I've emailed them to see what the price should actually be.

I think the call centre tell you pretty much anything to get the booking :confused:

I'm sure I've posted this before - call one of the "cheap calls to France" numbers first (for example, 0844 2009090) then call Guest Services in France on 0033 160 306053. This costs only 0.5p per minute from a UK landline :).

Mind you, it doesn't mean you'll get the answer you want straightaway there either - as thats the number I called earlier today :rotfl:.

no idea :confused3 thats the second time that we have upgraded in a sale, as we managed to upgrade to hotel new york last year. only thing that miffed me was being on the phone for 29 mintues, as she kept putting me on hold, that number is NOT cheap to call :eek::headache:

I'm sure I've posted this before - call one of the "cheap calls to France" numbers first (for example, 0844 2009090) then call Guest Services in France on 0033 160 306053. This costs only 0.5p per minute from a UK landline :).

Mind you, it doesn't mean you'll get the answer you want straightaway there either - as thats the number I called earlier today :rotfl:.

That's the one that is listed as a cheap(er) alternative to 0844 800 3003 and 0844 800 8222

:)

Thank you as usual ladies :goodvibes:thumbsup2

As it seems I am going to have to call tomorrow as there is no sign of my confirmation email yet :scared1:

Just hoping the booking has actually taken place and I didn't dream it :rotfl:

Elaine - you just need to ring back and speak to someone else, you WILL get the answer you are looking for eventually :lmao: :headache:

Just phoned and got our annual pass rate and it is much cheaper. 3 nights in a family room in DLH for 1 adult is coming up at £1825 (with 15% off). Annual pass rate is £1400. The annual pass rate works out at about the same as 35% off the brochure price for 1 adult.

Can anyone phone up for an AP rate or do you need proof you own one? Thinking of getting one for DH/DD but havent yet. I'm a shareholder but think the dream ap discount is better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter