NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ozziewags
mouseteacher.....don't panic....let's see, it could be a couple things. First be sure to 'highlight' the pic, then right click on it, then click on properties. 'Highlight' the url(which is that long address. Then, right click on the url address and click on 'copy'. Next, go back to your post and click on IMG. When you get the pop up screen it begins with: http://. Right click and when you see the little box, click on 'paste'. Your url address will be pasted into the IMG space. Then click on OK. It will come up in your post like http://whateveraddress[IMG/] Look at it and be sure there is only ONE [url]http://[/url] and NO spaces. I have accidently hit the space bar and had your problem before. It is usually some little thing like that. The puter has to read it just right, or it won't work. Try again and let me know what happens. [/B][/QUOTE]

disnurse ~ here's how to post on the DIS after you do imagestation uploading.

I don't think there is a Dolphin "coupon", but if you show them your Entertainment card, that is what counts.

Maggie

Mom Poppins,
Sending pixie dust to you and baby Kirk!

Muffy

Originally posted by Pewing
I just checked and the Corner King is back.
LOL...HappyTrails for the "IT'S BACK" line! I could almost hear some music from the corners of my mind/memory...

i-2_B.JPG

"It's not safe to go back in the water"...LOL! :p

Pewing! I KNEW it would work. Never, ever...panic. Especially when you held the "Holy Grail" in your hands (Copy of original UPGRADE). All's well, which ends well. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, that you check-in and are "whisked" off to the Magical Corner King as you've dreamed. ;) **************

Ozzie...You should have been a SURGEON! :cool: Or even an ATC (Air Traffic Controller!). As for the pics...(Did you see the "other" thread? LOL), I learned from the BEST!! ;)

Mouseteacher...DR. F, indeed! She's a Techie, for sure! LOL. Thanks for the "shout" to my mom for her BD. They relish their time at the Cape, and are Flying to Maryland for a Reunion at Annapolis (DF). then, back to the Cape. My mom's heart lives near the Sea. :)

Mom Poppins....oh, what an inspirational story. I felt as if I was reading the pages of Reader's Digest (very gripping). I'm thrilled Kirk is a "fighter", and will make it to the MK in Feb. He's already a "Mouseketeer", and he doesn't even know it! LOL. Better get him a little hat w/his name. If you lived near to me, I'd toss you a "Mouse~Shower" for your DS. With all things MAGICAL and MOUSE~LIKE! ;) Take care, and keep resting. :) :sunny:

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

:wave:

P.S. I love the Ocean...and surfing. You have NO IDEA how difficult it is to block the above picture from my mind. Every time I hit waist deep...it's there. Then, I replace it with this:

HAPPYDOLPHINF.JPG
And, I'm GOOD TO GO!! :p

DF.........how funny......I have been called many things, but 'techie' is a first!!!! I just spend way too much time 'playing around' when I should be doing other things!

After working through a lot of good info in this thread (thanx to all the posters - it's a gold mine)... I called down to the Swan and spoke to a very friendly guy at the desk and explained to him that although we had booked Club Level, I had heard that we could keep our Club privileges and be on another floor. He said that was correct and could help.

I asked if we could get a Room with a nice resort view, and if possible a King bed. He made the change on my ressie for the Balcony... but told me that he could only make a note about the bed request.

Tonight I checked my ressie on the SPG website and now have... "Beds: 1 King -- Room Features: Deluxe Non-Smoking Rm, Step Out Balcony, Resort View With Balcony, Hollywood Bath, , Whimsical Themed Room With Private Balcony Offering A View Of Resort Area And Crescent Lake." :earsboy:

It appears I got some extra disney magic :jester: So now my question is... are the Swan's King rooms with Balcony on the corners like the Dolphin's? Or is that a "special" kind of room? Does the Swan have any double balcony type rooms?

Also - Should I go ahead and get a new Platinum SPG Amex for the Gold upgrade in the hopes of getting further upgraded?

Any info from the pros is greatly appreciated.... just over a month and a half til our trip and I'm already counting the days! :wave:

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: OF COURSE...these CREATURES are more INDIGENOUS to the WDW & ORLANDO AREA!
biggatorhead.jpg

feedingtime.jpg

gator_head.jpg

bellow.jpg
gotta_fish.jpg
gatorfac.jpg

hatch6.jpg

gatorpos.jpg

Kind of feel Like MARLIN PERKINS on MUTUAL of OMAHA'S WILD KINGDOM! LOL...Enjoy! Sweet Dreams...and STAY out of the SWAMPS (& the LAKES TOO...in fact, walk AROUND LARGE PUDDLES!!) :p

Scoob...Great work on the upgrade! The Dolphin is the only resort with the special CORNER TURRET BALCONY. Although the Swan has GREAT balconies and views too! I would definitely obtain the AMEX SPG for the GOLD SPG card. The points alone are a tremendous benefit. Enjoy!

TREKKER?! ARE WE THERE YET?!?
:p

Hi,
While we are staying at the Swan, Disney will be having an e-night!
Where do we purchase the tickets at the Swan for e-night?
Thanks so much for your replies.
Sandy

Last time we stayed on club level we were not happy with the view we originally had, my husband asked to be switched and as soon as they had a room they did indeed switch us. We were put in a room a few doors down from the club lounge on the same side as the club. It was perfect!! We would love this room again when we go in June and I would like to request it ahead of time. When I look at our stuff from last time it says #12099 but I can't remember if this is the first room we had (roof view) or the great second one. Soooo my question is does anyone know the numbers of the rooms on the club floor that are on the same side of the club?
Thanks, Caren

thanks for the pic info that will be this aft project, getting pics off laptop and onto imagestation. We stayed in room 18093 a fantastic view and had CL privies. I think we droped the ball, at check in they had us in king room with pullout couch and hubby said we needed 2 beds!!! My 13ds is tall and may not have done well on couch with 10ds but now i wonder if it was a balcony room or what. Anyways 18th floor is magnificent i will attempt to post our view later today.
Baby kirk hang in there and keep up the good fight. Its amazing how medical advances can keep such a close watch on your little ones progress. I worked in a level 3 neonatal unit and baby kirk is pretty big already compared to some of them. Hope you can hang on, every day counts!!!

MomPoppins,

Just read your post regarding your son. We are all pulling for Kirk. Take it easy and think good thoughts.

Scoob, do you happen to remember who you were speaking to at the Swan? I need to call with a similar request, and it would be really helpful if I could ask for someone by name.

MomPoppins, I'm so happy to hear that Kirk is such a fighter! Hang in there, little buddy!

Those Jaws and gator pics have me a tad freaked out! :eek: :p

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend. Can't wait to get me some of that FL sunshine!

Many prayers and wishes are coming your way for you, Kirk, and your entire family. Let's hope the miralcles of prayer and the wonders of science will help your family to have a wonderful healthy little boy to cherish!!!:D

I had to stay off the thread (early last evening) until now b/c DS was having 3 friends sleep over and the computer is in the family room where they have the sleepover. 4 17 y/o YIKES!!! But we survived and they didn't clean out the snack cabinet. :)

ozzie ~ There is no way I could have explained to disnurse the "how to" of picture posting. You definitely were the techie and you were an excellent instructor. I learned very quickly by following your instructions. Disnurse - are you ready to post pictures, yet?

DF ~ :earseek: alligators are not my cup of tea or swamp water!

snels ~ I believe you can purchase the e night tickets at the Disney desk in the Swan/Dolphin lobbies.

scoob ~ Isn't it such a magical surprise to see the upgrade on the spg site? Don't forget to print out a copy of that to bring with you upon check-in. Just a little insurance policy. ;)

I just had to post on page # 150 - and look forward to "continuing the Dolphin/Swan tradition."

MomPoppins - our prayers will continue for you, Baby Kirk, and the entire family. As I mentioned once before, my oldest was 6 weeks premature, I had similar problems as you did, and was on bedrest. The joy of having a healthy baby was paramount to us and the bedrest was a small price to pay for her. She is now 24 and the mother of our precious grandson.

to all those whose vacation ends tomorrow, and there are a few of us teachers, administrators, parents etc..., hope your "back to school" is a good one. Thanks to not taking any snow days, and there could have been plenty, we are getting out the earliest I can remember in many years.

ozziewags , holding on to your excellent directions for posting pictures - thanks for the help. Caroline:D

Originally posted by Athena
Scoob, do you happen to remember who you were speaking to at the Swan? I need to call with a similar request, and it would be really helpful if I could ask for someone by name.

Alas, no I did not get his name. I called down to the main number and originally a lady answered and I explained that I had a Club room booked but was being told by my loved one that we MUST have a balcony :p

She said no problem and told me she'd connect me to the "front office" - the guy who picked up was totally polite and helpful... I even was joking with him about the fact that no matter what type of room I have ever booked at Disney.... there's usually at least one member of my family who wants something to be changed... he laughed and said "Trust me... we hear that a LOT, it's no problem" - really nice guy. Wish I had gotten the name... but based on how friendly the folks were when I called - I think you shouldn't have any problem. When trying for any type of upgrade...I always try to establish some friendly conversation with the person who handles the request to establish some rapport first... that way they seem to respond better.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I have heard for a long while that Paul is still at the front desk of the Dolphin and is verrrrrry good, polite, helpful, etc. He may be the one Scoob talked to. I read about him last summer and then again last night in another thread. Worth a try.
Thanks for all the kudos about the picture directions......I do love seeing them on these boards.....adds a certain character to our discussions! (except for maybe the alligators...LOL, DF)
What happens now that we are on PAGE 150? Start over? DF...help us!
In case this is the last post:

fc778c5d.gif

Are we putting this thread to bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter