NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamflight99

<font color=deeppink>Princess of THIS Castle!<br><
Morning all,
Just popping in before school to say hi. Sorry I don't know how long the mgm/dolphin walk is.

Carol

Welcome to the new discussion thread....
<center>
soapmanbkg.jpg

</center>
Once again I must remind everyone that this thread is running on the Disney Resort Board, So, Please stay on the topic of Disney resorts. Discussions, Questions and answers about rental cars, rewards programs, Frequent Flyer stuff, Health, Wealth, Non-Disney vacations, etc belong on different boards.

If this thread is one on which you would like to discuss any and all subjects - we do have a board for that "The Community Board".

Thanks for keeping this on topic - "Happy Posting"

Okay, we just booked Dolphin for 3rd week of June. Booked a standard King room at State Gov't rate of $129/night. Question - should I make any type of special room request or just take what they assign to me? Are some standard rooms better than others? Thanks.

Indiana Girl ... The walk is very pleasant to MGM and EPCOT. You can also take the boat which is wonderful. It goes directly to MGM from the Dolphin/Swan. The boat stops at the Boardwalk and YC/BC on the weay to EPCOT.

WolfPackFan ... I suggest getting a Starwood Preferred Guest Card, and maybe even an SPG American Express card to start gathering points. You can then receive a possible upgrade when you check in to the Dolphin with your SPG card. Just visit www.spg.com for more information:D

As the 18 year old put it.... To go back and forth from MGM....If the boat is not sitting at the dock waiting for you, WALK. He could beat the boat back even if it was tying up at the dock. So that should give you some walking idea.

Now the exhausted mom and the 9 year old girl were a different story........We took the boat no matter what. It was very relaxing. Next trip we will get one walk in though.

It's great to see the brand-new thread! :)

The Swan/Dolphin aren't Disney-owned hotels - so there is no AMEX White Glove Treatment there.

So nice to SEE (READ...ahem) you, Nancy! ;)

THANKS again, TREKKER...for the link & reminder. :)

As all have posted...the walk to MGM/EPCOT from the Dolphin/Swan is wonderful (expecially with all the banners and new light posts illuminating the way!).

jgates is CORRECT...the walk is VERY short and many times more expeditious than the boat ride! (Of course, I recall mom is lacking the "height" of DS...so the strolling is more arduous than pratical!)

To all the NEW VISITORS...follow the link Kelli provided and please sign up for the SPG program. The program is the BEST! Enjoy. :)

TTFN.....:wave:

Hello! :) Well, one week from today, DH and I will arrive in London! Seven weeks from today, I'll arrive at the Swan! :) I think I'm more prepared for the latter.:rolleyes:

Hi all! df99 ... do you know anything about T'giving dinner at the Dolphin with characters?

Thanks!

Wow, Nancy! I'll be thinking of you...have a wonderful time! ;)

DisneyPoly...YES! I recently heard about T-Giving and the Characters at the Dolphin/Swan (Either Coral Cafe or Gullivers). I heard this is FABULOUS (especially the food!) and the characters will range from the usual (Chip & Dale) to the magical (MM, MM and Princesses!). Sounds like a LOAD of FUN and a GREAT way to celebrate the Holiday!

*****NEWS FLASH*****

I Finally Made ressies at the DOLPHIN for Summer 2003! I blocked about 5+ weeks in July/August (in the SAME EXEC suite!)! I also made Ressies at the CR (suite 14th Fl), Peabody CL, & ANOTHER CRUISE (This is a surprise...Eastern this time...SShhhhh). :p Now...for all the other stuff, (Vero Beach and Portofino, Airline & Rental cars..) and I'll be ALL SET! HOORAY...I always FEEL as if I've accomplished something SO big when I MAKE ressies! LOL!!! Sorry for BLOWING my HORN a bit loudly. SECURING the DOLPHIN always makes everything else seem to "fall into place." ;)

How exciting, DF! It will be great to have that to look forward to for the next 9 months! :)

You're RIGHT, Nancy! In fact...it's closer than that. If we go by months...it's only about 8 months away! I'll be leaving the end of June...yippee. :p I made more reservations today. It's SO fun to plan these DISNEY trips. Planning...is a big part of the experience. :) I'm on my way to the SPG link, to see if there are ANY NEW updates. :cool: I feel so blessed to have YOU in on the planning phase with me! TTFN....moi:p

wow, it's like a new beginning... Nancy, have a wonderful time next week. And Df, you have already booked the Dolphin for next summer, wonderful!!! We have returned from WDW-had another wonderful time - it was so incredibly hot this past weekend - i love how the TV says " the comfort level" will be 97 today. That pool came in so handy. Just stopped by to say hello - will get back here soon. Caroline

...is the walk longer or shorter than the one from S/D to Epcot?? (I have done the latter but never actually walked to/from MGM)

(see - my post IS in the form of a question about S/D;) )

BTW ~ lovingthemouse is back from her mini-vaca -- WELCOME BACK!!!

I would pick the walk to MGM as the quicker one by a little bit but I may be way off base there. Maybe just because there are less distractions on the way there to lose time with- no boardwalk, etc.

DF99, I think my last post got lost at end of the old thread. Do you know if stockholders have any special priviledges? Rates, etc.? I bought a few shares thru Sharebuilder for the fun of it. (Watch out SPG, everything else I pick takes a nose-dive - although it looks like they already did in the last year!)

Just wondering if there is any benefit that I am not aware of. McDonald's usually has a coupon for a free sandwich in their books. Harley Davidson used to give us a poster (nothing this last year). Disney of course- nothing.

I have a very novice Swan question... we're staying at Swan, and have a Grand Suite. (Company paid for a standard room, with a convention rate - and we were able to upgrade). I can not WAIT, and I hear this is lovely! The SWAN is sold out when we are going.

Question... will we be able to take advantage of any of the wonderful conciege (or Grand) level privledges that I 've been reading about? The cost of this suite is high (nothing we'd be able to afford if paying for on our own)!

I am not a seasoned traveller, and this is first trip to WDW with our kids (we stayed at Caribbean beach 2 yrs ago solo, again DH's husband paid). So if anyone knows, let me know. (Sorry for my ignorance)!

If the hotel had breakfast and snacks, and drinks that would save even more money.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

These boards have been very helpful btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter