NEW...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on quest for my 'Dream Room':
Phone call this morning didn't go great. 'Ann' explained to me that they could not 'guarantee' a corner room. I explained how excited I was to see the ressies and asked if there was anything I could do before actual check in to 'restore' this status. She said no. I said thank you.

I do have my print out...and I'm still sure that all will work out fine (King Corner...or not).

Thanks everyone. I will update you...

Don't lose hope, pewing. Here's some PD so that all goes well at check-in ******************************************

Availability will all depend on how booked the resort is and who is paying for the King turret rooms.

If that doesn't work perhaps they will upgrade to a better view and CL.

Pewing

Tons of pixie dust, & hope coming your way, my fingers, toes, & legs are crossed for you :) :) :)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Who knows, maybe you'll get something even better!;)

I'm sending pixie dust too, pewing! I would also suggest calling back later today and speaking to a manager. It just does not sound FAIR to remove the king room from your reservation?! I still think SOMETHING can be done about this! Don't loose hope!

BCVNovember, to the best of my knowledge, the Entertainment Card, which is provided with the purchase of the Entertainment "Coupon" book, makes you a member of the Entertaintment Club. (LOL) Make sense? I believe they are one in the same and generally afford a 50% discount off the Swan & Dolphin rack rates.

No Dreamflight, sorry to say I haven't corresponded with Jen in quite some time. Hope she pops in soon. Thanks for remembering the SA photos. What a great hotel and location Westin has here, as gm attests. By the way, I agree - - those double shower heads (heavenly bath) are terrific!

Pewing, did you call the reservations number at the Dolphin? It sounds as if you may have. Perhaps "Anne" is not in the best position to assist you with the current dilemma. Try phoning the main number of the Dolphin (sorry don't have it handy) and ask for the front desk - then for the manager. Explain the situation again. You might also try calling Starwood directly and speaking with a manager there. The most effective starting point may be with whomever generated the "upgraded" reservation confirmation (Starwood?). Good luck and we're keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Hello - I heard from Bob at DU and he confirmed that the "Entertainment Club" and "Entertainment Book" are the same thing. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Now if someone could please tell me when the Sw/Do coupon in the 2003 Entertainment Book for Orlando expires that would be great!

I bought the book yesterday, thinking that it was obvious that it would be good through 2003, and then heard it may only be good through October, and of course I'm going in November.

:confused: :D

Thanks again!

Hello!

My best wishes for a wonderful vacation for those who are getting ready to go to the "World". It really kept me going to think of the vacations we had taken there..... For those of you who have asked I will tell you what has been going on here:

I went in for a scheduled sonogram on March 17th. they noticed the fluid was extremely low and checked me in to the hospital the same day. They performed another sono on March 20th and the fluid was even lower at this time I was told "frankly I think your baby will be dead by Monday" I was horrified by not only the frankness of the delivery of bad news but by the news itself. We prayed and prayed and asked others to pray as well. Monday came and went and I was still pregnant. My doctors tried to convince me to just let the baby stillborn and not do a c-section because it was to risky and the baby was so small (12 oz. at 24 weeks) I insisted on a c-section delivery to at least give the baby a chance. I spent the next 11 days in labor and delivery on IV, clear liquids just waiting for something to happen. With God's mercy the baby just was fiesty and hung in there, his heart rate would go down but would go right back up (fluid was low, so his cord was restricted) I went in after the 11 days for another sonogram and the babies fluid had gone way UP to normal and he had grown to 1lb. 3 oz. we were on our knees and greatful for the good news. The baby has continued to do well and I had another sonogram yesterday and he weighs 1lb. 13oz. Baby Kirk is still small but we are now given a 90% of survival compared to 0% when we checked in.... Thanks for all your good wishes and I will check in and let you know how things are progressing... Pray for this baby.... he is our little miracle....I have thought about our great trips to WDW and am thankful for my family and the 4 DD I already have......I am praying to be able to take this baby to WDW in February....... :D

Mom Poppins ~ What a miracle! It is the power of prayer and the will of your beautiful little boy to live. Of course, you and baby Kirk will continue to receive my prayers. All my best to you all. Oh... and here's some PD and hugs to be added to my prayers.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} *********************************

MomPoppins...
So glad to hear of your 'good news'! Thank God your little Kirk was protected. Take it easy. Miracles are amazing, but they take it out of you ;)

Okay....thank you, thank you. I called back (thanks happy trails :D ) and talked to a wonderful man named Paul at the Dolphin. He said he couldn't guarantee it, but he reserved it for me. I didn't push the 'blocked out' thing...hope I don't regret that :rolleyes: .

At any rate...I just checked and the Corner King is back. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks guys. You are the greatest. I will let you know if it goes 'as planned' ;)

MomPoppins--so glad to hear your situation is improving. Prayers are ongoing for your whole family--I know it isn't easy to be on bedrest.

Hi! I've tried to figure this out from various websites, but I'm still not sure of the answer. Do either the standard view or resort view Swan rooms have a couch? I thought I saw a picture somewhere with one, but I'm really not sure. Thanks for clearing this up for me! :D

accomp ` I believe a couch is in the King bed rooms or you might be thinking of the suites. A couch is not in a standard room i.e., 2 double beds.

accomp.......sorry I can't help you.

pewing........way to go.....I have heard others speak of Paul at the Dolphin and he is very helpful! Have a great time and keep checking that ressie!

mompoppins.....thank you for the update. I had no idea of what was happening, but I can tell you from experience that prayer DOES work. My daughter is proof of that....she was born 3 months early as I had severe toxemia. They took her when my blood pressure was so high I almost had a stroke. She was 2 lb. 3 oz at birth....now she is 24, a Mizzou journalism grad and was an honor student all through school and played varsity tennis. It took her a few years to 'catch up', ie. she didn't start school with her age group, but it all paid off. Hang in there and know that we will all pray for you and Kirk right here and send as much pixie dust as it takes!

fc897860.gif
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mary Poppins,

I just had to send you my best and let you know you are in my prayers. Little Kirk is so very lucky to have a wonderful Mommy who is doing all the right things for him. Practically perfect in every way!

Pixie and Prayers! What more could any one need:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :earsgirl:
pewing ~ I knew it would work out for you b/c we were all rooting for you!!!! ;)

Originally posted by ozziewags
Put your CD in your puter....you can either download your pics into your pc or upload to Imagestation from the CD. First go to www.imagestation.com and sign on and get a password. Then go to 'upload images'. There are a couple ways you can upload your pics...there is a 'browse' button that you click and it will take you to your stored pics in your files(mine are in My Pictures). Or you can drop down the bar that says D drive(where your CD would be). All you do is click on the pic, and click on OPEN and it transfers to the 'browse' space. Then click on 'upload' and they transfer into imagestation. Follow my other directions(in blue on previous page) to post a pic in the Dis! There are also some directions on that page for 'dragging and dropping' pics into imagestation and some other ways(email, etc.) Step by step directions. Hope this all makes sense! Believe me, I only know enough to get us all in trouble!

DF........wow.......your pics continue to amaze me! Where is that coach from? It is awesome!

disnurse - this is for you. ozziewags is our own Dr. Frankenstein.

Originally posted by Mouseteacher
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :earsgirl:
pewing ~ I knew it would work out for you b/c we were all rooting for you!!!! ;)

As a good Southern Baptist...let me say...AMEN to that ;) You guys are the Magic of Disney :earsgirl: :earsboy:

BCVNovember,
The 2003 Entertainment Book is good until November 1, 2003. After that, you'll need the 2004 book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter