New Board Features

If you click on the poster's avatar, a box pops up with user info. I can see you are from SoCal and you've received 10 Likes. You can also link from there to the users profile page.

Ohhhh, Judy!! My little brain just can't keep up with all these details. New places to look, different options to wade through.

Thanks.

Ohhhh, Judy!! My little brain just can't keep up with all these details. New places to look, different options to wade through.

Thanks.

It's a learning curve, alright! But before you know it, it'll be old-hat and you wouldn't remember the other way.

Here's another thought, we used to be able to see "location" on users (if they opted to post that info in their profile). It's helpful when answering questions sometimes to know where the questioner is located

Yes, that'd be useful to have back, allowing a quick glance across to the poster info so we at least know the country of origin.

Andre

When you hover over your name in the upper right, a menu should pop up. Go to Personal Details (most will probably work), then you should see the relatively familiar menu on the left side. Click on "Watched Threads"

FYI, the "watched thread" system has problems. I'm not getting email notifications for most (even though it is specified), nor am I getting "Alerts", except for the thread about "Why am I no longer getting email notifications?", oddly enough.

Watched threads might be things you've posted in (if you have set it to watch everything you post in) and it might also include threads you've never posted in.

Here's just what you've posted in: access your profile from clicking on your avatar or up top on your Name>Your profile page
Then click Postings.
View attachment 927

Down at the bottom of that list are two additional posts:
View attachment 928

I don't know if you notice, but in the first picture there you can see that in my own profile I set my status to be a link that I want to get to all the time.
It's been useful so far! I click my picture anywhere I see it and get to that link. (All watched threads).

So is it just not showing our threads we started or posted in prior to the upgrade. When I click on my info for activity is shows zero threads I've created and the only activity is what I have posted in this thread, so only what I have posted since the upgrade. I hope I am just missing the way to search for old threads.

So is it just not showing our threads we started or posted in prior to the upgrade. When I click on my info for activity is shows zero threads I've created and the only activity is what I have posted in this thread, so only what I have posted since the upgrade. I hope I am just missing the way to search for old threads.

It is showing them all for me if you followed my directions for how to get to them. You might need to click on "show all threads" or something like that - like the old system it only shows the most recent ones.

You can also click your name and 'Your Content'

It is showing them all for me if you followed my directions for how to get to them. You might need to click on "show all threads" or something like that - like the old system it only shows the most recent ones.

I did do that(at least I am pretty sure I am doing it) and it says nothing. Here are some screen shots:Screenshot (57).png Screenshot (57).png Screenshot (59).png Screenshot (60).png Screenshot (61).png Screenshot (57).png

I gave directions before, let me do it again, with pics, as you are not looking at the right page.

You don't show the very top. But you should see a tab with your username, Inbox and Alerts.

upload_2015-2-4_21-26-37.png

Hover over your name. When the menu pops up, click on Personal Details. Others may work, but NOT "Your Profile Page". It appears you may also click on your username for browsers that don't allow hover.

upload_2015-2-4_21-27-1.png

Now on the left side, you should see:

upload_2015-2-4_21-28-35.png

Click on Watched Threads.

upload_2015-2-4_21-29-3.png

You'll need to click on "Show all watched threads" to see all of them.

In my profile I have saved a link to go to all watched threads. :) That's been making it really easy for me to get to.
Yea I also saved a link to the recent sweepstakes because 'Cindy's Castle'!

But, I thought he was looking for all threads he's posted to (which may or may not be the same set).

In my profile I have saved a link to go to all watched threads. :) That's been making it really easy for me to get to.

But, I thought he was looking for all threads he's posted to (which may or may not be the same set).

Ah, if he is looking for a list of all his posts, that would be on the Postings page. But that is actually a search function, and I'm not sure searching is fully enabled yet.

I gave directions before, let me do it again, with pics, as you are not looking at the right page.

You don't show the very top. But you should see a tab with your username, Inbox and Alerts.

View attachment 1045

Hover over your name. When the menu pops up, click on Personal Details. Others may work, but NOT "Your Profile Page". It appears you may also click on your username for browsers that don't allow hover.

View attachment 1046

Now on the left side, you should see:

View attachment 1047

Click on Watched Threads.

View attachment 1048

You'll need to click on "Show all watched threads" to see all of them.

Thank you both for your help. I was looking for all threads I've previously posted to or started(none of which are showing up when I click on any of the previous suggested links), but maybe it is considered a search feature and that will come soon. I never subscribed to threads in the past b/c I would always just click on my user name and either user posts or user threads before the website was upgraded. Maybe I was doing things the hard way before :) Either way I appreciate your help....not that it matters, but I am a she LOL :)

Thank you both for your help. I was looking for all threads I've previously posted to or started(none of which are showing up when I click on any of the previous suggested links), but maybe it is considered a search feature and that will come soon. I never subscribed to threads in the past b/c I would always just click on my user name and either user posts or user threads before the website was upgraded. Maybe I was doing things the hard way before :) Either way I appreciate your help....not that it matters, but I am a she LOL :)

If you post in a thread or create one, it is by default a watched thread. :) You can also watch threads you don't post in, in case you have nothing to add but want to see responses. But given how many "Following..." posts I've seen over the years, no one uses that feature. :)

People -- this is all related to the indexing of the "old" posts and getting the search function operational. Your Content, Recent Activity, Postings ... all of those things require the indexing to have the right posts directed to your location. Please be patient. The Webmasters are working on it.

People -- this is all related to the indexing of the "old" posts and getting the search function operational. Your Content, Recent Activity, Postings ... all of those things require the indexing to have the right posts directed to your location. Please be patient. The Webmasters are working on it.

Easy there, my dear :hug:. We know you all are pulling "extra duty" right now. And, I for one, appreciate it. Thank you.

Ah, if he is looking for a list of all his posts, that would be on the Postings page. But that is actually a search function, and I'm not sure searching is fully enabled yet.

Exactly, I'm only seeing posts that were made via the new boards so far when I check people's profiles. I'm sure this will be dealt with once the search backlog is completed though, it just might take a little time as the underlying database for the whole history of the DIS must be HUGE.

Andre

You know a really silly little new 'feature' that I'm loving? When you post and message and then maybe re-edit it (which I do all the time, terrible typist!) that activity no longer counts as an extra page in your browser history. This means that after you post a reply, pressing Back now takes you straight to the previous page that you viewed (e.g. the threads list) rather than the old way of back into the message editor, then the thread, then the message editor again, then the thread again, before finally getting back to the threads list which you actually wanted.

A silly little thing I know, but it makes browsing the site much easier and quicker.

Andre

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing how to do something.

Sorry I didn't reiterate that search wasn't up yet. I was trying to show the many ways to access previous posts.

Yes...we've reached that conclusion in this case. ;)

I thought "watched threads" was out of a different index than searches. My watched threads seems complete and has been there a while. "Postings" I know is a search function and I know the indexing is having issues...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter