New Board Features

Thanks Jenseib, now I am trying to update the title of my thread, normally I post todays date that I have updated the thread. Do I still have the option to edit the title of the thread?

you can...let me find how...I saw it somewhere

thanks lanejudy, and...... before we could preset where wee had the most recent posts first. do you think we still have that function available?

I've found how to sort the threads oldest --> newest or newest --> oldest
I'll see what I can find about posts within threads

Looks like existing profile tags were somehow brought over but they broke. I've got broken HTML code from my DIS Sponsor tag, looks like the rest got cut off...is the Tag Fairy out of a job now? :)

Also, the notification emails I'm getting now come from WebmasterAlex...you're going to get a lot of bounces and replies I think... :)

Haven't played with all the new functions yet, but I'm excited to see rich text formatting, links and such are easy to get to now!

I like that when you are in the midst of typing a reply, you'll get a yellow bar above letting you know that "since you last refreshed this page, additional posts have been added" or something to that effect, with a link to go see them if you want. I don't know if you'll lose your partial reply if you DO go look at those posts, but it this feature may help keep me from adding duplicate info on an active thread if someone else has beaten me to the punch.

Figured out another feature I like. Since all the threads showed as new in the new boards, I thought the ability to see what was new had been lost. Once I started clicking around, and asked on another thread, someone told me that tiny circle between your avatar and the thread title is a little pair of glasses. I must need glasses, because it just looks like a circle with a dark line to me ;). BUT it appears and the title is bolder when there are new posts in the thread - it's cool that when you click it, it brings you to the newest unread post in that thread rather than scrolling and skimming to find where you left off.

before we could preset where wee had the most recent posts first. do you think we still have that function available?

"Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the thread list.

You can also click on a column header line to sort by a different category at will.

Andre

Is there a way to turn the page count on in the forum view without the hover option? It helps to know which threads are well into a discussion and which are new. There is so much gap between the thread titles on left and the thread details on the right. Is there a setting I can click to enable this?

Without hover: Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 7.53.09 PM.png With hover: Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 7.53.27 PM.png

Would like the HOVER status constantly enabled.

I am not a long time USER (DH is), but recently joined to discuss DVC member cruise. So I am not locked into the old way and change her is not rocking my world. To the developers....I LOVE IT! MUCH more user friendly and intuitive. A much better experience. Thanks for the change, and don't let those who are struggling with the change get to you. I appreciate it and all the work you guys do. THANK YOU!

PLEASE PLEASE bring DARK SCHEME Back!!!!!!!

Reading all thse white boards is hard on the eyes!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE bring DARK SCHEME Back!!!!!!!

Reading all thse white boards is hard on the eyes!!!!

Dark Scheme is available under styles. Are you not finding it?
At the bottom of the page, on the far left, it probably indicates "Default Style"
Click on that and you will get a pop-up menu with the various themes available.

Another way to get there is to click on your username in the dark blue bar at the top.
Click on Preferences
A pop-up menu appears, with Style at the top. Click in that box and choose "Dark Scheme"

It does seem that board-specific themes will override what you set at your preferences, though.

I was doing fine until I tried to start a new thread today. I can type it in, but it doesn't go through when I click "create thread". (I get a little moving bar for a bit, but then it just stops.)

I thought at first it was my iPad, so I went to start over on the PC...and was surprised to find that what I had typed was still there when I clicked "post new thread". But it won't go through from that computer either.

Anyone have that problem and get around it yet?

I was doing fine until I tried to start a new thread today. I can type it in, but it doesn't go through when I click "create thread". (I get a little moving bar for a bit, but then it just stops.)

I thought at first it was my iPad, so I went to start over on the PC...and was surprised to find that what I had typed was still there when I clicked "post new thread". But it won't go through from that computer either.

Anyone have that problem and get around it yet?

That just started happening to me maybe in the past half-hour. If you persevere and keep trying it will eventually post -- I'm finding usually on my second try. I assume they are doing something "behind-the-scenes" that only letting so much traffic through at a time.

ETA: yep, this one took 2 tries to post. I have an FAQ post I'm trying to edit on another board that is still refusing to take after 6 tries...

Talk to me like I'm 5...exactly how do I get the picture I want to upload to be the right size so it's actually displayed beside my posts and not just in my profile page?

I don't think I saw an answer to this and when I try to search I get threads that are really old. I have tried to resize a picture for an avatar until it was a tiny dot and I keep getting the message that it is too large. Can someone please send a link to help me figure this out? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter