NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mind me asking where you saw this? Share the wealth.

Originally posted by Kimberle
Wow! I just saw this thread listed as one of the busiest/most popular threads at the DIS!!:goodvibes

Originally posted by Majestic
Do you mind me asking where you saw this? Share the wealth.

Fred,
This was part of the DIS newsletter that was emailed out. I would think you would have gotten it unless your email is not listed with the DIS.

Well, there is the king size bed in the master bedroom that could sleep 3 easily but that depends on what you have in mind if you know what I mean. :)

Then there's the pullout queen sofa bed in the living room area. That could sleep 2 no problem.

Then, if you REALLY need more room there is a connecting room that you can add to the suite and have an additional 2 queen size beds to the mix.

WOW!

Funny thing is, you can fit 15 people EASY on the balcony alone. :) That was one of the best parts of the stay in the suite. The view of the lake and lodge on the balcony.....

Ahh....I can almost see it now. Wish I was back home.

Oh yeah, I hear that Christina Aguilera (sp?) once stayed there. Roy Disney himself was supposed to have stayed there sometime this year but he changed his ressie to the AKL instead as it was a new hotel and he had not stayed there yet.

Originally posted by MAGICinMYHEART
FRED?

I was just dreaming and wondered how many people will the Yosemite Suite accomodate?

:earsboy:

Originally posted by Tig-girl
Okay my DisBoard buddies! I need advice!

Here is the dilemma. My sister and I are planning our next multi-family vacation for April as you know, and we have always purchased our tickets early and had them waiting for us, or had them to take with us. The reason we would get them early was because we had the Disney Club discount, and we would get our ressies with a good deal (hopefully a room only code) later on. My sisters DisneyClub card is still valid until November, so we were going to get our tickets now, but I'm afraid that if there are no more room only codes coming out, and they only have a good deal on a package, then we will have a whole lot of tickets that we can't use. Now of course we know they don't expire, but the finances cannot handle the extra expense of unused tickets. Also, if there is no room only code, and no package for the time our visit is planned, we might end up with an AP to get a deal. What to do? Do we get the tickets now and take a chance that there may be room only codes for April? Or do we let the Disney Club card expire in the hopes that there is a great package deal? What do you all think and do you have any advice?:confused:

What passes do you plan to buy? Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't AP's and maybe the UPH the only tickets that the DC discount work on anymore? I know the regular PH's don't get a discount with DC.

Originally posted by AspiringCindy
As far as I know, PHs are still getting discounted with DC. Maybe I should call the Disney Store and inquire!

When we were in our store before our trip this summer, they told us that the AP's and I believe the 6&7 day UPH were the only chance for a DC discount. This all happened when they started offering a discount for buying in advance. Also, the DC website only mentions AP's where as it used to mention all tickets. But I would still call and verify, as things can change at any time.

everyone's been busy while I was away for a few days!!

Welcome back to those that have returned...so glad you enjoyed your stays!! The WL IS the best!

For those that are getting ready to go.....lots of Pixie Dust sprinkled on you for low crowds, good weather, and lots of magic!!

I can't wait to read the latest trip reports!!

I would like to fax a room request about Wed. for our trip starting Saturday. We have "Woods View" accomodations and I've heard about the otter pond rooms. Can anyone give me some good room numbers to request in the Woods View?

Thanks!

Originally posted by jillwdw
I can't say enough about our other "home". Upon arrival to be
"welcomed home" on vacation is a great start. To hear the soundtrack of "The Last of the Mohicans" in the lodge and its hallways is emotional. The rocking chairs in front of the gigantic fireplace in the lobby is breathtaking. The water that is bubbling nearby at the "creek" start inside the lodge is relaxing. Yes, we love our Wilderness Lodge, the lobby, the rooms, the pool, the lounge, the restaurants. I hope one day to venture out to another Disney resort but I am no where near being cured of my Wilderness Lodge addiction. I have another year to wait for my next fix and it won't be soon enough!!!

That is so well put!! It's hard to just live one day at a time anticipating our next visit!!

Thanks Fred, I was hoping the second room would be included in price for Yosemite. So that would be additional $350.00 added to Suite price for Value season. Ok a little out of my price league.

Maybe one day. I was looking at all the suites at WDW on ***********. I loved the Yosemite and the Vice Presidential at BoardWalk Inn and the Suites at AKL::yes::

Well we made it back. Our stay at WL was absolutely wonderful. The Lodge and the Parks were quite busy all week. Fastpasses were even running out on some days. I think between the big Mission Space Media event and the Columbus Day Holiday it made it quite a bit more crowded than it normally would have been during the first part of Oct.

MARKSHAW- I would request a particular view or amenity you are after rather than a specific room number. For instance when I sent in our request, I had asked for a view of the Castle as my #1 priority. The room assigner had even called me and told me he was planning on putting us in a non-smoking room on the 6th Floor. When we arrived I was given Room 5032 and was very concerned until we got in. This room was not only next to the elevator (very convenient), but had a perfect view of the Castle cutout of the trees.

I will try and start posting trip reports tonight. For those heading down, we would like a report on the otters. We saw them catch a 5 foot alligator in the otter pond one morning, and did not see the otters the rest of the week. Hopefully, they were just laying low for awhile.:eek:

To those heading down-Enjoy! Remember..."It's not a dream hotel, It's a Dream Come True Hotel" (I'm going to have to figure out how to add that to all my posts).

Thanks for the great info KCDISDAD! That gives me something to go on.

Originally posted by markshaw
I would like to fax a room request about Wed. for our trip starting Saturday. We have "Woods View" accomodations and I've heard about the otter pond rooms. Can anyone give me some good room numbers to request in the Woods View?

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Woods View Rooms:

1.Above Whispering Canyon-Floors 4,5 & 6 View-Trees
2. Above Front Desk-Floors 5 & 6
3. Northside Woods-Floors 1-6 Face Otter Pond*A handful face MK

Could someone please help me out?

My neighbors are going to WL for their honeymoon (per my suggestion). They would like a king bed. Does anyone know where the king bed rooms are located at?

Where are the standard view rooms located at? Are there that many of them? Any with king beds?

Thanks!

Double post..don't know what happened

I was looking at original Wilderness Lodge FAQ our leader started that 04/19/2002 reached 150 pages on 05/23/2003 13 months . The new and improved if that's possible WL FAQ started 05/23/2003 reached page 150 10/13/2003 5months...Is that possable Kimmar067???

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
Could someone please help me out?

My neighbors are going to WL for their honeymoon (per my suggestion). They would like a king bed. Does anyone know where the king bed rooms are located at?

Where are the standard view rooms located at? Are there that many of them? Any with king beds?

Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry! There are no King beds in Standard rooms!
You might want to suggest a Woods View Room!

Hi everyone :wave:

Been so busy lately I barely have time to check email :crazy:

Had lots of reading to catch up on here. We're on the last page :teeth:

FC, Fred, Kimmar, Cindy, BluOrchid, Ratpack - hope all is well...

Now, let me check that coundown.....

Woohooo! Time to move on kiddies! So let's root RooT ROOT for our new thread at the old Wilderness Lodge!!!

How about it Kimmar??? Are you ready? Let's get thread #3 ready to rock!

See ya all on our new digs.

Fred

WOW! I spent a couple days over on the Trip Report Board, and now look at this thread! I believe it has taken me at least 1 1/2 hours to catch up.

:confused: Has any WL vets dined at Cape Mays? What is the easiest way to travel from WL to breakfast?

Oh, and I loved reading all the trip reports!!!::MickeyMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter