NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this thread for the past 2 days has made me really excited for the Feb trip...then today I found out my sister has been on this board for over a year...she leaves for her 2nd Magic cruise on Saturday..
What is this memory box I hear about...I would love to participate!

I just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome from all of the WL vets!

I do have a question. In January, are there typically lots of things closed for refurbishment? And are there fireworks? I ask because I'm known as a firework fanatic, and Disneyland isn't having ANY until the holiday season starts up, so I'm going through withdrawals! :( ( We live a few miles away, and we used to go on Friday nights to watch)

Today I'm doing the double digit dance! Yay!:Pinkbounc

1EeyoreFan
January 2004
Magic Kingdom
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter will be going closed for rehab October 12 to prepare for the debut of a new attraction to open in the fall of 2004. Rumors have been circulating for sometime now that the revised attraction will highlight Stitch!
As of Sunday, September 28, Adventureland in Magic Kingdom will not open until 10 a.m. on "non-peak" days. Check your guidemap schedule for details.
Polynesian Resort - the longhouses are being refurbished one by one. Each longhouse under rehab is walled off (and very little disturbance to folks staying there). Tentative schedule is: May 2004

bell.of.the.ball

Welcome and so happy you found the Lodge a great experience. We all know the “back home syndrome” so just hang out here and it will slowly become livable.

Starz723

Yes the word “Family” has been spoken, uh typed here a lot. I think your idea of a WL Vet get together is interesting and should be given some thought

MAGICinMYHEART.

Bobby always looks good and few know the game of football like him.

WiscMomof2

What part of Wisconsin do you hail from?

Travelgoddess

I think we all know where you are coming from on that. I once thought I would get a walking meter to find out how far I walk at the parks. Decided that was not a good thing to do. You know like getting on a scale after you get back. LOL

Ga Girl

Good place to hang out to get any last minute information you need before you head out in Feb.
Just read back a few pages on the box.

Well WL “family” Goodnight and PD all around. I will sleep good tonight because the Cubs won.

Kimmar is happy, the Yanks won.

Remember life throws us curve balls, it's up to us to make each other smile.

Originally posted by FloridaCat
WiscMomof2

What part of Wisconsin do you hail from?

Kenosha which is right smack between Milwaukee and Chicago right on Lake Michigan. It looks like we just had our last day of "Indian Summer" temps yesterday. It's all down hill from here. Can't wait to get to Florida weather!:D

Originally posted by FloridaCat
Skylarr29
Ratpack
things did not look very good agaisnt Miami today Bud.

I know, at least they are ranked higher than us so it is not an upset. Maybe next year it will be drier.

FRED?

I was just dreaming and wondered how many people will the Yosemite Suite accomodate?

:earsboy:

::yes::
We are so excited to spend Christmas/NY's week at the Lodge! We're assuming the parks will be more crowded than ever and plan to really take advantage of a slower pace, if that's possible at the World. Any suggestions for enjoying the Lodge? Cherie

Part three!!! It seems like we were just after kimmar to start part 2!! Okay fearless leader we all look to you for our inspiration, (and great pictures!) Do you have your new thread title worked out? We will all be waiting!! Thanks for all you do Kimmar!!

Okay my DisBoard buddies! I need advice!

Here is the dilemma. My sister and I are planning our next multi-family vacation for April as you know, and we have always purchased our tickets early and had them waiting for us, or had them to take with us. The reason we would get them early was because we had the Disney Club discount, and we would get our ressies with a good deal (hopefully a room only code) later on. My sisters DisneyClub card is still valid until November, so we were going to get our tickets now, but I'm afraid that if there are no more room only codes coming out, and they only have a good deal on a package, then we will have a whole lot of tickets that we can't use. Now of course we know they don't expire, but the finances cannot handle the extra expense of unused tickets. Also, if there is no room only code, and no package for the time our visit is planned, we might end up with an AP to get a deal. What to do? Do we get the tickets now and take a chance that there may be room only codes for April? Or do we let the Disney Club card expire in the hopes that there is a great package deal? What do you all think and do you have any advice?:confused:

Personally, I would purchase my tickets with the DC discount. In fact that is exactly what I plan to do before my membership expires Dec 31st. You can never go wrong having the passes. If a great package does come out, You can always use the passes for another visit. Let's face it!...it would be a good excuse to visit the mouse again! Besides, there is no guarantee that a great package will surface!

I am thinking that I should have picked up the Disney theme park edition of Monopoly while I was at he WL a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know how much it costs at the merchantile? I can buy one from EBay...but I'm not sure if it is too overpriced.

Thanks!

I can't say enough about our other "home". Upon arrival to be
"welcomed home" on vacation is a great start. To hear the soundtrack of "The Last of the Mohicans" in the lodge and its hallways is emotional. The rocking chairs in front of the gigantic fireplace in the lobby is breathtaking. The water that is bubbling nearby at the "creek" start inside the lodge is relaxing. Yes, we love our Wilderness Lodge, the lobby, the rooms, the pool, the lounge, the restaurants. I hope one day to venture out to another Disney resort but I am no where near being cured of my Wilderness Lodge addiction. I have another year to wait for my next fix and it won't be soon enough!!!

Funny thing...yesterday I watched Dances with Wolves (forgot how LONG it was!) and all I could think about throughout the movie was the soundtrack and the Lodge. Heh. I thought it was funny but at the same time, I missed home.

Hoping to go back sometime soon.

Fred

Originally posted by jillwdw
I can't say enough about our other "home". Upon arrival to be
"welcomed home" on vacation is a great start. To hear the soundtrack of "The Last of the Mohicans" in the lodge and its hallways is emotional. The rocking chairs in front of the gigantic fireplace in the lobby is breathtaking. The water that is bubbling nearby at the "creek" start inside the lodge is relaxing. Yes, we love our Wilderness Lodge, the lobby, the rooms, the pool, the lounge, the restaurants. I hope one day to venture out to another Disney resort but I am no where near being cured of my Wilderness Lodge addiction. I have another year to wait for my next fix and it won't be soon enough!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter