NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually 2! Floridacat and Harborwhaler hit the nail on the head! I was wearing Nike Straprunner type sandals and being a bit of a Girl Scout noticed the location was perfect for our slithering friends! Best precaution would be to make a lot of noise and swing a stick in the grass ahead of you!

*I know I should have had sneaks on but, it was an unexpected trip over and it had been a rainy day, so I was wearing these to keep from getting my sneakers soaked!

EEKKK!!! Snakes!?!?!? Maybe I won't go looking for the box next time! ;)

FYI - Days 2 and 3 are up in Trip Reports. I would put the link in this, but I have no idea how to!

:( Can't believe that I lost my letter that came with the itinerary. If anybody can tell me the email for concierge services it would be greatly appreciated. I want to have a pal mickey waiting in the room for my boys, one of which will be turning 2 while we are there. Think they would both get a huge laugh at him talking not to mention keep them busy while standing in lines.
Thank you for any help!! ::MickeyMo

Anyone going to WL the first week in Feb?
I have been going the last few years because it is Florida resident's month and nice and cool.
This year I won't be staying my normal week and I am hoping I can afford to stay at the WL if I only go for 2 or 3 nights. (Just bought a new MickeyMobile)
Any other hotel (that is good, but less expensive (besides the AS):eek:

Hi WL Vets ~

I couldn't waste my 200th post for any other thread but this one! Well, the countdown clock is starting to tick. Just 2 weeks from today and we're off. Thanks to you all for your great help and advice. I know I don't post much here but I'm an avid reader and try to keep up on a fairly regular basis. I've got all my notes in order and we're ready to roll.

On our trip last year we were lucky enough to be upgraded from standard to woods view and were placed in what I now know is the south wing on the villas side. We were happy just to be upgraded and didn't know much about the various locations in the lodge. Now, thanks to Florida Cat and so many others who have shared such detailed room information I have a pretty good idea of what we want to request, North wing on the 5th floor with a view of the otter pond. Do I have that right??;) Your help has really been invaluable.

Hopefully after this trip I can claim "vet" status. I don't believe I qualify yet since last year we were only lucky enough to be at WL 3 nights. (We split our stay between there and the Dolphin, which BTW was great in its own way) All I can say is I just feel so blessed to be able to go back this year. We can't wait!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Now my feet need a vacation. Everything was incredible.
We found the memory box and left a note. I will be working on
a trip report over the next few days.

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a good time AND found the box. Ahhh....sniff....it's almost a month old! Sniff.....awww I'm gettin' all mushy now. :)

Fred

Originally posted by travelgoddess
Now my feet need a vacation. Everything was incredible.
We found the memory box and left a note. I will be working on
a trip report over the next few days.

Here ya go: WDW WLodge Itinerary Planning

WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com

When you write in, if you get someone named Tara or Matthew, make sure to tell them that Fred said hi!

Fred

Originally posted by Ga Girl
:( Can't believe that I lost my letter that came with the itinerary. If anybody can tell me the email for concierge services it would be greatly appreciated. I want to have a pal mickey waiting in the room for my boys, one of which will be turning 2 while we are there. Think they would both get a huge laugh at him talking not to mention keep them busy while standing in lines.
Thank you for any help!! ::MickeyMo

So, so sad.. Our week at the WL is over. We were in rm 5153 (courtyard) and could see some fire works over the other wing. Service was great. We had horrible pillows when we arrived but called mousekeeping and all 6 were quickly replaced. John S., our mousekeeper, left us a few towel animals. I was more happy than the kids. We searched and found the box on 10/5 and it is still there.
We requested turndown service and it was always great to come back to after a long day. Room service was delivered quicly each day. My happiness was that they have 2 different kindspots for coffee and hot water. My tea never tasted like coffee. I know that does not seem like a big deal but to a tea drinker it is. Thanks again to the WL

Have a Great Trip, sounds like your ready (don't forget to take your instructions for the Memory Box)

Yeah, that Floridacat is way COOL

Pixie Dust:wizard:

Annamonto: loved your first three days of Trip Report

Travelgoddess: I know what you mean about..." DA Feet", glad you enjoyed the trip.

It's hard when you first get back. After a week or so you start to get over it and start planning your next trip! Ahhh....we are busy working on that as I write this to you! :)

Make sure that you lodgers that just came back and found the box post about your box experience in it's own thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442267

Looking forward to trip reports!

Fred

Originally posted by bell.of.the.ball
So, so sad.. Our week at the WL is over. We were in rm 5153 (courtyard) and could see some fire works over the other wing. Service was great. We had horrible pillows when we arrived but called mousekeeping and all 6 were quickly replaced. John S., our mousekeeper, left us a few towel animals. I was more happy than the kids. We searched and found the box on 10/5 and it is still there.
We requested turndown service and it was always great to come back to after a long day. Room service was delivered quicly each day. My happiness was that they have 2 different kindspots for coffee and hot water. My tea never tasted like coffee. I know that does not seem like a big deal but to a tea drinker it is. Thanks again to the WL

;) Thanks Fred, I just knew I came to the right place. I will be sure to say HI for ya. I have been goin' nuts trying to find the address. Guess now I can go nuts over planning for my sons 2nd birthday that we will celebrating while we are there at the Lodge. Can I get any suggestion or hints on where to get a CAKE. I know I can get the balloons from the florist, but I am stuck on the cake. HELP!! :confused:

What do you mean, "Get a cake"???? You're staying concierge silly!

Ask them to get a cake ready for you for the day you want it on and give them your son's favorite character. They took really good care of my DD on her 3rd B-Day while we were there. All of the staff is helfpull and friendly. We are staying concierge from now on.

Don't be afraid to ask the concierge for ANYTHING. They will try more than you think to make you happy.

Fred

Originally posted by Ga Girl
;) Thanks Fred, I just knew I came to the right place. I will be sure to say HI for ya. I have been goin' nuts trying to find the address. Guess now I can go nuts over planning for my sons 2nd birthday that we will celebrating while we are there at the Lodge. Can I get any suggestion or hints on where to get a CAKE. I know I can get the balloons from the florist, but I am stuck on the cake. HELP!! :confused:

I noted his BD on my reservation and on my itinerary. So I also need to mention it when we check in? If thats all I have to do, I have nothing else to "go nuts" over. I can just sit back and watch my countdown tick closer and closer to December.
Thanks a Million Fred.:D

I have to tell you, that posting on this thread I feel like we are all a big happy Wilderness Lodge family. I come from a real small family. (Its just me, my son and my 81 yr old Dad, thats it).
Im like emotionally attached and its going to be my first stay at WL. Ive been there tons of times (love it, love it, love it) and now I get to stay there. Woo Hoo..what a dream come true.

I have an idea: Fred and Florida Cat. You two are such great contributors to this thread, how about one year we have
"The Wilderness Lodge Family Reunion"

I went to something like that last December at POR with my pin collecting buddies. A block of rooms was set aside. It was loads of fun. We would meet at the food court, trade some pins, chat and have some nice commaraderie. We had some games and a real nice coffee and cake night. We had a section set off for the kids too. Disney even gave us a small space at Epcot in Future World to have a nice event.

Maybe this is something for us to think about in the future for us
WL Lovers. Food for thought!!::yes::

Starz723,
I like the reunion idea. We just have to plan it far enough in advance that everyone can make plans. A lot of folks here.::MickeyMo

Oh yes indeed::yes::
Im sure something like this can be planned a year in advance like most of the other events are planned. That way, everyone can arrange their schedules, vacations, etc. Some of the past events Ive been to span several days, that way it gives more leeway for people to come and go. Off season is usually the best time. Thats why early December is a great time. The Weather is not killer, and the attendance is on the low side.

I know that I have to plan things way in advance being that Im a performer and I am booked up to two years in advance. Its funny, when I was expecting my son, they had to plan my baby shower around my open dates, so it was no surprise for me. So, Im one of the people that plans things around my singing schedule.

This would be such a great event. Maybe we should at least try to shoot for a some dates. Ill start,
Hows, the first or second week of December, 2004. WL in its Christmas Decoration Glory!!

resort hopping to GF and the poly? i have a woodsview booked, did anyone not like their woodsview?

I had a woods view from for a 7 day trip in dec and i wasnt very pleased, all i saw was the roof , and nothing else,not very mny trees or anything. I do not know if it is the same in all the rooms or not but i would not waste my money on looking at the roof again, id rather shop. But I still love the WL even after that.:tongue:

Skylarr29
What was your room number? I can't thnk of a Woodsview with that view.

WiscMomof2
You have it Norht wing, Fifth floor, room 5032 to 5014. Have the time of your life and remember when you become a Vet, it's your turn to help the newbies.

Ratpack
things did not look very good agaisnt Miami today Bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter