NBA Playoffs - Who ya got?

Last two minute officiating report is out for game 1 Warriors-Grizzlies. They cite three incorrect calls or no calls. Some of the controversy is over whether or not Morant was fouled by Thompson on the last shot, but then again they clearly missed the out of bounds play off the Grizzlies.

But what they got was a 3 second call missed (easy to ignore really), Curry splitting his feet before dribbling (traveling) which is also easy to miss in a blink. But the out of bounds play was just so egregiously obvious, and one that previously would have been subject to video replay review in the last two minutes of the game. However, the rules for this year only allow replay review based on a single coach's challenge per team to speed up play.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042100231

Q4 01:46.8 Turnover: 3 Second Violation Jaren Jackson Jr. Warriors INC Video​
Comment: Jackson Jr. (MEM) fails to fully clear and is in the lane for longer than three seconds.​
Q4 00:17.5 Turnover: Traveling Stephen Curry Grizzlies INC Video​
Comment: Curry (GSW) splits his feet at the start of his dribble.​
00:04.8 Turnover: Lost Ball Out of Bounds Warriors Grizzlies IC Video​
Comment: A jump ball is assessed as the crew is not able to determine who touches the ball last before it goes out of bounds in real time. The play was not reviewable because a Coach?s Challenge is the only mechanism to trigger replay review of out-of-bounds violations. However, Brooks (MEM) touches the ball last before it goes out of bounds and possession should have been awarded to Golden State.​

I can not stand some cities with their crowds. In regular season it has always been Atlanta, Miami & Orlando for me.

Last night I was going crazy with the Miami crowd. Empty seats with four plus minutes to play. Crazy.

The Phoenix crowd makes me want to visit Phoenix. Well beyond their airport. :drinking1

Wasn't sure what's going on with Warriors at Grizzlies - game 2. I was following just the score and the Grizzlies went up 8-0. But then I noticed that Dillon Brooks was ejected after a flagrant 2 and then found out that he clotheslined Gary Payton II. Also Draymond Green was injured from a foul and in the locker room.

But for those in the US (I think), apparently TNT has free video available on NBA.com although it's weird - called TNT OT. Just from the backboard-mounted cameras and some oddball side angles (they call them "Home" and "Away" player) without any announcers but with the score. And it will require watching an ad before game video is available. Home player apparently follows Ja Morant, while Away player is on Stephen Curry. I think the backboard angles are better because you can see the game.

https://www.nba.com/game/gsw-vs-mem-0042100232?watch

Oh man Ja Morant is pure magic to watch. :drinking1

I don't really like his game. He gets away with carrying the ball (improves his handles immensely) and the officials just let him. I remember the last second shot in game 1 and he had the ball resting in a clear carry.

If the Warriors are 4 for 21 from the three and this is the score, that does not bode well for Memphis.

I don't really like his game. He gets away with carrying the ball (improves his handles immensely) and the officials just let him. I remember the last second shot in game 1 and he had the ball resting in a clear carry.
I just love watching him bcla, just like I did Baron.

Surprised it's this close. The Warriors are currently 4 of 25 from 3, and Curry/Thompson/Wiggins are missing extremely open shots.

I just love watching him bcla, just like I did Baron.

I saw him play at UCLA once in Oakland (Cal played a couple of home seasons there) and had almost courtside seats. Yeah - he could ball. His vertical was crazy.

Tied at 77 going into the 4th. Warriors can't seem to make open 3s and are missing point blank shots, but are defending pretty well. Would have been nice to have Payton to guard Morant though.

Found video of the flagrant 2. It's pretty bad. Payton was breaking away and Morant tried to slow him down unsuccessfully. Then Brooks came from behind and just clocked him in the head with his forearm.

That's an ugly play. I don't think Brooks meant to injure him, but he's gotta know he had no shot of making that block. He should have backed off. I am fine if the league wants to assess a punishment - but I'm still rooting for the Grizz!

Ja is really becomming a superstar!

Last two minute officiating report for Warriors-Grizzlies game 2 is out. Only a single incorrect call/no-call is noted. It was just before Ja Morant made a shot to go up 3 points. But he did the same thing on his last second drive in game 1 but they didn't note that as an incorrect no call in that game's report.

Q4 00:33.0 Turnover: Palming Ja Morant Andrew Wiggins INC Video​
Comment: Morant (MEM) places his hand completely under the ball and brings it to a pause during his drive to the basket.​

https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0042100232&eventNum=2174

This closeup video shows that he actually took three steps while the ball was in his hand (and definitely under the ball).

The Grizzlies evened their second-round series against Golden State behind 47 points from Morant. The third-year guard scored the final 15 points for Memphis in just over four minutes of game action — he dominated. But NBA fans seemingly took notice with how Morant was getting to the basket with ease:​
He was getting away with some blatant carries.​
With Memphis up by one with 30 seconds remaining, Morant went one-on-one against Andrew Wiggins and finished off the contested floater. But from the replay, it was awfully clear that a turnover should have been called on Morant. A carry doesn’t get any more obvious than this:​

Dillon Brooks suspended for game 3, although I only heard a report and can't find anything yet online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter