NBA at Walt Disney World

Are they putting backboards and hoops on Main Street ?
NBA will be a bubble , They will take over a hotel, Have there own busses, eat at hotel. Ect. Most likely the GF. Because of the restaurants

Are they putting backboards and hoops on Main Street ?
NBA will be a bubble , They will take over a hotel, Have there own busses, eat at hotel. Ect. Most likely the GF. Because of the restaurants

Most likely CSR because it’s close to WWOS, it’s secluded, it’s very large and his enough rooms

Most likely CSR because it’s close to WWOS, it’s secluded, it’s very large and his enough rooms
3 restuarants, the bar, plus a QS. I think they'll be okay. Decent feature pool, solid other pools. All of the resort has been renovated in the past few years, plus the new tower.

I'm more curious about MLS. Do they stay on sight or what? If so, where. They are going to be bringing lots more people than the NBA (30 on a roster x 26 teams, plus coaches and the rest). That said, since MLS has always tended to do things on the cheap, I could see either Pop or one of the All-Stars.

3 restuarants, the bar, plus a QS. I think they'll be okay. Decent feature pool, solid other pools. All of the resort has been renovated in the past few years, plus the new tower.

I'm more curious about MLS. Do they stay on sight or what? If so, where. They are going to be bringing lots more people than the NBA (30 on a roster x 26 teams, plus coaches and the rest). That said, since MLS has always tended to do things on the cheap, I could see either Pop or one of the All-Stars.
I'm wondering if Disney would put MLS in another Skyliner resort, possibly CBR. That way, they could keep the "bubble" since the Skyliner is rumored to be closed during the first phase of openings.

Disney could get the income from CSR and CBR, but keep POP and AOA closed to reduce crowds. That would leave the AllStars and Port Orleans R/FQ available to open during phase 2.

For PR purposes, I feel like it would be important for Disney to open a few moderates and values. Having both sports deals housed in similar locations could give Disney a justifiable reason to keep POP and AOA closed, and another reason to keep the Skyliner closed that may be more palatable to guests. Since the athletes are not supposed to be going into the parks, it would be like closing 4 HUGE resorts, which helps with lowering park numbers.

All speculation. Just thinking out loud.

Two things can be true. Disney will certainly add some fun into the resort experience.
And park visits?
WDW has a lot of experience providing private parties park access after hours or by closing parks to the public early.

I'm on the side WDW will provide both types of entertainment-resort and park.
The park might be a limited area, but it will be some sort of park visit. (And I think the visits will be private events.)

Unlike most people who visit WDW, the NBA players are not there for the parks. This is a business trip.

3 restaurants, the bar, plus a QS. I think they'll be okay. Decent feature pool, solid other pools. All of the resort has been renovated in the past few years, plus the new tower.
[snip]

Not to mention that it is a convention facility, which means that they have a very large catering kitchen that can set up extra food service locations anywhere at the resort. I suspect that there will be a full breakfast served in several locations every day as part of the contracted service. (The typical NBA contract apparently sets what hours they can be required to report for work, and my understanding is that they tend not to like early calls). Poolside BBQ's, fireworks cocktail parties ... the options are endless. They probably will also negotiate special terms for room service. Disney will almost surely send many of the staffs of their best restaurants over to work at CSR to deal with the extra work generated by the NBA project.

I’m going to throw my two guesses about the three resorts out there... CSR, POR, and POFQ, or the three All-Stars. These guys are there for work - they don’t need deluxe accommodations. Maybe longer beds, but no resort had those. 😉.

Here’s my logic - CSR has been the most popular rumor so if that’s true, POR/POFQ are considered two resorts but are pretty self contained.

If not those three, the three All-Stars are also self contained and very close to ESPN WWOS. They could set up special dining options in the three QS, coffee bars, etc. Teams could each take a building if they really want to spread out for social distancing... there are 30 between the three.

That is one slipshod article. Anyone see a Yahoo Sports article claiming CSR is the resort as OCR is claiming reported the info? I’ve seen lots of speculation from Keith Smith on Twitter but that’s it... Also loved the “research” that involved running down CSR cliff notes and speculation the could book Enzo’s Hideaway. Definitely approved “outdoor dining” 🙄 OCR can do DLR info- apparently not WDW...

You tell the 6’9” guy he’s sleeping on a double bed.

The renovated rooms have queens. My son is 6’7” and he has a queen. He sleeps a little crooked but is comfortable. Conceivably, any hotel could bring in extra long beds for the players.

With no crowds generating that stream of revenue, Disney is going to use this as an advertising opportunity.

I'm willing to bet they're not going to put these millionaires up at the Motel 6 of their hotel line up for months. You'll be hearing complaints on social media from players in time. Even if they're tongue and cheek, light hearted jokes; everyone over analyzes all that is said and posted. Also, it's much easier to secure the entrances and exits of hotels, with private hallways and whatnot.

Last edited:
The renovated rooms have queens. My son is 6’7” and he has a queen. He sleeps a little crooked but is comfortable. Conceivably, any hotel could bring in extra long beds for the players.
They do but only Movies and about 40% of Music have queens, so not 2 resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter