My, What an Interesting Carpet Bag~A Dec. 2013 TR!*Remember Me?!*PTR for May 2015 Link, pg 23!*

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing highlights from Sept and Dec!

Sorry to hear Sept was so rainy...that really was some serious rain....YUCK! And more crowded than expected :crazy2: But, glad you had some fun at F&W and overall is was a nice trip!

And great pictures of Disney at Christmas -- so many fun things to see and experience! :goodvibes

Thanks! And thanks for still being here! I didn't think anyone would even bother reading these updates! :rotfl2:

Yeah the rain was awful...and the crowds were a little crazier than I expected, but we did manage to have fun!:thumbsup2 F&W was awesome, as always!

Thanks! I love Disney at Christmas, it was so much fun being there so close to Christmas even though the crowds were a little much at times!

I was happy to see your post! Great summary on your 2 trips. Ugh to the rain and headache but it sounds like you had a good time on both trips. Christmas at Disney is the best! You gave me the idea to take the sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness and it was the favorite thing we did last trip. Welcome back!:cool1:

Thanks! I did have a great time on both trips, I just could have done without SO much rain! OMG I'm so glad you did that sleigh ride! Isn't it awesome? I really need a reason to go back to FW, I haven't been there in a long time! :yay:

"IT RAINED THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME!" Yup, THAT is the perfect title for September. Probably the worst weather I've experienced ever. Drenched from sweat or drenched from rain.

Totally agree Jen. Festival of Fantasy has completely changed my view of daytime parades. It is simply magnificent. And seeing it in September was not easy since it seemed to get cancelled a lot.

What night was your first MNSSHP? Mine was the 23rd, and the first party hour (and a couple hours prior) was miserable. God the rain!

I think I'm done for September as well. This was my first, and while I had no crowd issues whatsoever, the trade off just is not worth it.

Aww I miss December Disney. December 2013 is still my favourite trip ever.

It's amazing to me that the next time I'm there, the Hat will not.

Haha, OMG you were there at the same time right? I have to read your TR too! It's funny we keep going to Disney at the same time, yet we never run into each other! The rain was SO awful! I mean, a day or two would have been annoying but I would have been able to handle it. This rain was like, causing us both to have mental breakdowns! :rotfl:

Festival of Fantasy is AMAZING!!! I love it so much! Did it really get cancelled in September? I guess I lucked out with seeing it then, because if I didn't see it that day, I had no other time to do it!

Hmm, I'm not sure when our first MNSSHP was...it might have been the 23rd, that was Tuesday right? When we got there, it was fine, but we had an ADR at 4:00. When we came out, it was POURING. I wanted to wait to see Jack and Sally, so like an idiot, I got in the line, in the pouring rain at like, 5:30 (which by the way, was already obnoxiously long). I stood there until like 6:30 when Brandon was like "yeah I'm getting us a refund", then HE stood in line for almost an hour and a half. As we were leaving, the rain was letting up, but I didn't care, I was drenched and ready to get out of there. I was in the worst mood, I think I probably cried at some point that night. :sad1:

I didn't really have issues with the crowds, I just expected it to be a little less crowded. I guess with F&W starting early, there goes nice quiet September! But yeah, between the rain and the insane humidity, and the crowds, I'm done with September.

December is really the most magical time to go to Disney! :thumbsup2

I'm here!! I totally agree with you about Disney being my happy place. We also went at Christmas and with no children! I can't wait to read what y'all did.

Yay! Isn't Disney beautiful in December! I love seeing the parks all decorated for the holidays!

Glad you were able to do the mini-reports; they were fun to read!

The rain was terrible... I think you were there right after I left, and I remember the weather getting more and more rainy. But I could be wrong about the dates cause I'm wrong a lot.

Happy to see you posting here!

Thanks! Glad you liked them!

Haha I think I remember asking you on FB if you were there and you were leaving right as I was arriving. Yeah the rain was awful. :mad:

I read your DL TR in one shot the other night, but I was on my phone and didn't sub so I'll be sure to do that now! :thumbsup2

of course we remember you! LOL

I get it...I haven't been on here in ages...I go thru 'spurts'

anyway, your recap was cute! So, Sorry about all the rain...
I can imagine how miserable it was...one trip we had about a full day and half of rain and it was really starting to get on our 'nerves'...I'm with you...rain at Disney does matter :(

anyway, hope all is well ....looking forward to a recap of your December trip!

Haha, yay! :cool1:

Thanks! Yeah it was insane...I mean, one day of rain would have annoyed me, but once it was over, I would have been fine...this was just too much. I tried not to let it bother me but it was ridiculous.

My December recap is right after the September one, if you want to read it! :thumbsup2

I was sooooooo excited to see updates from you!!!

I really enjoyed your highlights lists from your two trips. I can imagine that the rain really made the whole trip difficult to get excited about in September. Weather plays such an important part in enjoying a trip any time of the year.

And of course, there's very little in the world that beats Disney World at Christmas! I'm glad you were able to get down there to enjoy it, even if only for a few days.

Thanks!

It really does! I try to not get too hung up on the weather, because it's Florida and you have to expect it to be hot and humid and rainy sometimes, but this was a little much! Hopefully the weather will be better in May!

Those 3 days were just what I needed to get my Disney at Christmas fill! I'm so glad we got to do that, I almost thought we were going to miss Christmas at Disney this year! :rotfl2:

Sometimes a mini report is awesome!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED disney world at Christmas time!!!!!!

Getting to see all the decorations, castle all lit up, Osborne lights, gingerbread house! Everything!!! :)

We just did fp when we were there, too. Ry and Mike Got to ride a couple rides late at night, the last night we were there, at MK.

Isn't it great? That's why I can't miss it and I go every year, even when I say I'm not going to! I would miss all of those things if I skipped a year!

I don't mind FP+ as much as I used to, but I just hate that when you use up your 3, you can't make the next one on your phone, you have to actually BE in the park. I've never even tried to do that to see what was available because I assumed nothing would be. :confused3 I'll have to try it next time!

Yeah, a couple times we got decent rides. Like little mermaids fp so my sis could ride it that day. And great movie ride bc we rode TSMM as 1st tier pick at dhs. But epcot fp was living with the land or figment. So all depends. Little mermaid fp we got was for like 8:45pm, but we had BoG dinner at 9 that day so it worked well.

It was great to see a post from you, Jen! I wandered a couple times if everything was all right, and then I saw on Facebook you were waiting for IllumiNations to start in December and was really happy for you. Disney during the holidays is just magical.

Loved your mini reports. Sorry about all the rain! It sounds like everyone who visited this fall got rained out. That can make for a long trip. You try to keep your spirits up, but there's only so much wet soggy weather you can take before that cheerful attitude starts to fade.

Yay! A May trip! I feel like every TR DISer is going to be there that month!

So happy to see some updates! And I hope that you do a TR for your May trip! :goodvibes I totally understand how hard it is once you start getting behind... and then it's so overwhelming to get caught up! But the fun of it makes up for it... that's what I'm in the middle of myself! ;)

So good to see you back!!! :goodvibes

I found your December recap!! Duh..don't know how I missed it....lol
Anyway...what a great trip....and love that beach in south Carolina!! Omg...I would love to spend every Christmas there!!!!

Wow, you go away for a week and everything is different! I hope I'm multi-quoting right, and who knows how to make chapter links now...I might have to practice with that and inserting pictures before I do a PTR for May! I hate not knowing how everything works!:rotfl:

Yeah, a couple times we got decent rides. Like little mermaids fp so my sis could ride it that day. And great movie ride bc we rode TSMM as 1st tier pick at dhs. But epcot fp was living with the land or figment. So all depends. Little mermaid fp we got was for like 8:45pm, but we had BoG dinner at 9 that day so it worked well.

That sounds pretty good! I don't really mind FP+ anymore I just wish you could do more than 3 at a time.

It was great to see a post from you, Jen! I wandered a couple times if everything was all right, and then I saw on Facebook you were waiting for IllumiNations to start in December and was really happy for you. Disney during the holidays is just magical.

Loved your mini reports. Sorry about all the rain! It sounds like everyone who visited this fall got rained out. That can make for a long trip. You try to keep your spirits up, but there's only so much wet soggy weather you can take before that cheerful attitude starts to fade.

Yay! A May trip! I feel like every TR DISer is going to be there that month!

Thanks! Aww, thanks, that's so nice! Haha yeah I just kinda dropped off the DIS for a while, but I'm back! I know you have a TR going, and I definitely have to get caught up with that!

Thanks! Ugh yeah, the rain was not cool, but whatever, it's still Disney World!

Really? I haven't been around enough to see who will be there yet, but that's awesome!

So happy to see some updates! And I hope that you do a TR for your May trip! :goodvibes I totally understand how hard it is once you start getting behind... and then it's so overwhelming to get caught up! But the fun of it makes up for it... that's what I'm in the middle of myself! ;)

So good to see you back!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I am like 90% sure I'll do a TR for May, I miss writing TR's! And I'm slowly but surely getting caught up, I think! :rotfl2:

I found your December recap!! Duh..don't know how I missed it....lol
Anyway...what a great trip....and love that beach in south Carolina!! Omg...I would love to spend every Christmas there!!!!

Haha, that's ok, glad you saw it!

I keep looking at my SC pictures and wishing to go back. Hopefully we'll go this summer, but Brandon's parents have warned us how humid it is in the summer sooo...not sure I'm looking forward to that! I just really want to go again!

Wow, you go away for a week and everything is different! I hope I'm multi-quoting right, and who knows how to make chapter links now...I might have to practice with that and inserting pictures before I do a PTR for May! I hate not knowing how everything works!:rotfl:

I was just on here YESTERDAY and it was normal and now today it's all weird and different and I don't like change! :scared: It took me like 3 minutes to find the dang smilies!

I totally understand being so far behind, I got that way too and I'm still struggling to keep up with the ones that I caught up on, and to catch up on the rest!
I do love the way you summarized both trips! September was crazy rainy! I couldn't believe it too! (And we often go in September.)
Your quick Christmas trip sounds really magical!

I was just on here YESTERDAY and it was normal and now today it's all weird and different and I don't like change! :scared: It took me like 3 minutes to find the dang smilies!

Yeah it is really weird. I have to figure out how to post pictures and links, or I'm in trouble! :rotfl2:

I totally understand being so far behind, I got that way too and I'm still struggling to keep up with the ones that I caught up on, and to catch up on the rest!
I do love the way you summarized both trips! September was crazy rainy! I couldn't believe it too! (And we often go in September.)
Your quick Christmas trip sounds really magical!

Yeah it's really hard! There are just some TR's that I'm way too behind on, and I'll just have to wait for new ones I guess!

Thank you! September was rainy, I'm pretty much done with September for now! :laughing:

Our Christmas trip was great! I would love to do that every year!

OK, so I'm just trying to figure out how to post photos, and it seems like all of my pictures in Iphoto are wayyyy to big, even when I resize them. So I guess I'll be doing it the old way for now, through photobucket!

Yay, so I think I actually also figured out how to post chapter links as well as pictures! Not that anyone's reading this, I'm just posting this for my own amusement, haha! But at least I'll know what I'm doing for my PTR whenever I start that!​

Last edited:
we're still here!!! LOL
not sure what I think of the DIS changes...I'm having a hard time finding the threads I follow :(
perhaps, if I was on more than once a month I would have it figured out...LOL

we're still here!!! LOL
not sure what I think of the DIS changes...I'm having a hard time finding the threads I follow :(
perhaps, if I was on more than once a month I would have it figured out...LOL

Yay! Yeah I know, it's really hard, figuring out which threads you're "watching" (I guess you're no longer subbed to threads, you watch them!)

I'm still here!!! :rolleyes1:wave:

Yay! I just started my PTR, gonna hopefully put in a link...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter