My, What an Interesting Carpet Bag~A Dec. 2013 TR!*Remember Me?!*PTR for May 2015 Link, pg 23!*

Yay I love your TRs!!! So happy you are doing one! I wonder if I'll see my family and i in threes back ground of any of your pics! Lol hope you are having an amazing time! Can't walt to read about it! !

Hope your trip is going (went) well!

I've hardly looked at DIS in the last year since we hadn't gone in so long, but I've finally come out from under my Disney rock! :thumbsup2

If for no other reason, please do a TR for your recent trip so that I can use it as "homework" for my first FastPass+ trip :rotfl: Joyce (joyciemc) is writing a PTR, and I'm sure she'd also enjoy the inspiration :goodvibes

I'm so glad to hear that you'll be doing another TR! I love following along with your trips. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read about your next trip! I'm bummed that we were so close to being there at the same time...

i found your prev Christmas trip report in the finished ones read it & just read this one as well. Thank you for sharing your trip it looks like both were fun. Now I'm off to check out your sept pre trip.

Heyyyy!! Remember Me? :rotfl:

Hi guys! :wave2: Long time, no DIS. I know, I'm a horrible, horrible DIS friend and I wouldn't blame anyone for not even taking the time to read this since I've been so bad at reading and keeping up with everyone's TR's. Here's what happened...nothing. :confused3 I went to Disney in September for 11 days, I came back, and I was even more behind than before, so I gave up. I tried to get caught up and I just couldn't, it is SO impossible to get caught up and stay current with the DIS when you are as far behind as I am. And I miss reading TR's! :sad: So I'm going to try to get back in slowly, instead of jumping in and making myself crazy, trying to get caught up all at once. One TR at a time, one TR at a time.

Anyway! I know I said I'd do a TR for my September trip right? I bet you're all dying to know where that is, right? Well, it's not happening, and here's why. 1. You know my new camera I was SOOOO excited about? Well it kind of sucked. I mean, sometimes it took the most beautiful pictures for a point and shoot, and then other times, it was awful. 2. This wasn't the best trip, and I'd say for, I don't know, 50% of the time, either one of us was in a bad mood, and halfway through the trip, I gave up taking notes.

Why?

IT RAINED THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME!

I'm not taking about a little afternoon shower, throw on your poncho and suck it up kind of rain, I'm talking about, once it started, it did NOT let up. It POURED. We got so drenched almost every single night, it got really old, really fast. I never thought I'd let rain ruin a trip, but wow, this was a test. And when it wasn't raining, when you woke up in the morning and saw a beautiful blue sky and sun shining down on you, there was about 1000% humidity in the air. So it might as well have been raining, because you were drenched with sweat as soon as you stepped out of your room.

Oh yeah, and those low September crowds? They don't exist anymore. Maybe early September, but certainly not mid September anymore, with Food and Wine starting so early!

BUT I don't want you to think from all of this, we had a horrible time, we didn't, it was a fun trip! Just not my favorite. I knew it would be hot and humid and I was prepared for that, but the rain? It was unlike anything I'd ever experienced. If it was a day or two, I could have been ok with it, but it was the whole trip. But between the rain drops, there were a lot of fun things, a lot of great experiences, so I thought, since I'm not doing a TR, why not just share some of the highlights with you here?

September 2014 Trip Highlights!

1. We spent our first night in Port Orleans French Quarter and it was AWESOME! This was the first time we have stayed here, and it will not be the last, it was amazing! I wish we had more time there, the room was beautiful, and the grounds, from what I saw of them, were gorgeous. We lucked out with a king bed AND a corner room with a view of the water, it was perfect!

2. We ate at Raglan Road the first night we were there and it was awesome! I'm sorry that picture is so dark, but that's the famous bread pudding that I've heard so much about, and it's seriously almost as good as 'Ohana's, if not better!

3. We stayed in the Caribbean Beach Resort for a few nights, and it was lovely. Not my favorite resort, but it was really pretty and calm, and I'd definitely stay there again, although it wouldn't be my first choice. It's just SO BIG. I mean, I've heard people say that, but you don't realize how big it is until you're there! But our room was beautiful, we got a newly remodeled room in the Jamaica section, which was my request, so I was happy with it! I'm glad we tried something new!

4. The Food and Wine Festival, pretty much our main reason for going when we did! It was fantastic, as usual! My new favorite thing is the pork slider from the Hawaii booth, OMG I must have had it like, 3 or 4 times, it was absolutely delicious! And of course, the ravioli from Italy, the Godiva chocolate coffee from Belgium. Brandon drank all the beer he could find, he discovered beer flights on this trip (took him long enough!) and got about a million of those, so he was pretty happy about that!

5. Beautiful Epcot Sunsets! No explanation needed!

6. OH MY GOD, FESTIVAL OF FANTASY!!!! I know, this is old news to everyone, but it was my first time seeing it, and it was absolutely PERFECT! I really lucked out with seeing this parade too, because I only had it fit into our schedule this one day, and luckily, it didn't rain until much later in the day. I parked myself on a curb on Main Street at about 1:30 and sat there the whole time, so I would have a front row view, and the Castle would be in the background. This parade is SO wonderful, the music, the colors, the floats, everything about it is amazing! I never watch the afternoon parades in Disney, but from now on, I have to see this one!

7. The Halloween Party, specifically Boo to You and HalloWishes. If I ever go back for Halloween season, it will be for these 2 things, they are so wonderful!

8. Staying at Kidani Village, and eating at Sanaa! OMG, Sanaa! It might be my new favorite restaurant in all of Disney, it is SO good! We had Naan for an appetizer, OMG, we were pretty much fighting over it, it was that good. And I had slow cooked butter chicken and beef short ribs...wow. I had no idea I would love it so much, I am SO glad we finally tried it! I will definitely be eating there again! And Kidani was beautiful, Brandon loved it, as I predicted, our room was perfect, and we really loved the pool!

The 2 worst things about this trip, were obviously the rain

(That's the night of our first Halloween party. Yeah. Waited in line for 2 hours to get tickets to a different party, because the rain was relentless!)

And...

Saying goodbye to Maelstrom! :sad: Luckily, we knew far in advance that it would be closing, so I had about a thousand FP's for it, and if the line wasn't long, we would ride it, so we went on it many, many times on this trip. But knowing it would be gone a few days after we left was heartbreaking. I'm really, really going to miss this ride.

So that was a really condensed version of our trip! I highly doubt we will go back in September, but who knows? Free dining is always nice, and I do love the Food and Wine Festival, but I think from now on, I'll stick to November and catch the end of it!

I hope you enjoyed my highlights, and if you did, guess what? There's more!

For those of you who don't know, I was in Disney a couple of weeks ago for Christmas! We spent 3 days there, the 20th-22nd, and then on the 23rd we drove up to South Carolina to spend the rest of the week with Brandon's parents, who moved there a few months ago. So I'm going to do another post with highlights from that trip right now, stay tuned!!! :thumbsup2

A Disney Christmas!

Hey! So yeah, Brandon and I took a little trip down to Disney a couple of weeks ago before we went to South Carolina to visit his parents! I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing Disney at Christmas, so even though we were there for only 3 days, it was awesome seeing the parks all decorated for Christmas! It was crazy though, because it was the beginning of Christmas week, and you could see the parks getting busier and busier by the day! Thank goodness for FP+! (Never thought I'd be saying that, but in these busy times, it's kind of a necessity!)

I was going to do a trip report for this trip, but we were so all over the place, park hopping and running around, and resort hopping, that I could not keep up with the note taking. AND of course, my Disney trip enemy came back on this trip, I had the WORST migraine of my life the first night, so I couldn't really do everything I wanted to do. Then the next day I was so scared it was going to come back (which it kind of did, but then went away) I kind of took it easy, which was not the plan at all, when the Magic Kingdom is open until 3 am! I wasn't planning on sleeping much these 3 days, but sadly, I had to if I wanted my stupid migraine to go away!

So I'll just do a few highlights for you instead!

December 2014 Trip Highlights!

1. Christmas trees and palm trees in the same place! It was crazy, being 5 days away from Christmas and being in a place with palm trees and 80 degree weather! Loved it!

2. So I stalked Disney dining for weeks trying to get a Le Cellier reservation, and nothing was open. Finally, the night before we were leaving, I thought, let me just try one last time, and guess what? An opening for lunch on our arrival day! Yay cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread! Oh, and the steak was pretty good too! :rotfl:

3. The Osborne Lights were awesome as always, but CRAZY! I've never seen them soooo busy! It was kind of ridiculous, I could barely get around, so we only stayed to watch them for a little while. I usually stay there for hours, but I'm glad I got to see them for the small amount of time that I did!

4. The Hat! I realized while I was there, it would be my last time seeing the hat in person. First Maelstrom, now this! Just kidding, I do like the hat, but it's not as emotional as Maelstrom, and I'm glad I got to see it one last time! I'll miss it, but I'm also looking forward to seeing DHS the way I remember it from when I was a kid!

5. Christmas on Main Street, so pretty and festive! I spent a lot of time on Main Street, just looking at the decorations and the lights, I love it!

6. Holiday Wishes! (I know this picture it weird and kind of out of focus, but I like it!) I LOVE Holiday Wishes, my favorite fireworks in all of Disney! We stood in the middle of Main Street to watch them and it was awesome!

7. The tree at Art of Animation! It's just so pretty, we went there to eat one day (because they have the build your own pasta, like POR!) and I just fell in love with this tree! And the resort, I actually had time to kind of look around, unlike when we stayed there for one night a few trips ago, and I really like it!

8. Magic Kingdom resort hopping! We went to the Poly to eat dinner at Kona Island-actually, I think Brandon just had sushi and I had a drink-and we were remembering how the last time we were there, the waiter smuggled us some bread pudding. Then I remembered, you can get bread pudding at Tambu Lounge now! Yum! And a Disney Christmas trip is not complete without seeing the decorations at the Grand! We were there pretty late, so it was nice and empty! :thumbsup2

9. The Once Upon a Christmastime parade! My favorite Disney parade! It was weird seeing it during the day, I'm used to seeing it at night during MVMCP, but this was good too! The only strange thing was, some really weird guy stood next to us, who wouldn't let a little girl sit in front of him, and her parents yelled at him, but he didn't budge...then 2 girls wanted to sneak through to run across the parade route before it started and he was basically blocking them, telling them no, because the parade started (wayyyy down in Fronteirland, near Splash, and we were near the shooting gallery thing)...so I was like "dude, who are you, they can cross if they want to cross" and I held up the rope to let them through. :crazy2: I just did not understand this guy, he was like the Disney police or something, except he didn't work there...:rotfl:

10. Epcot Christmas beauty! My favorite part of the park during Christmastime, the America Pavilion!

11. We sat directly under the Christmas tree, waiting for Illuminations, and it was seriously magical. To be under a tree that huge and waiting for your favorite show in all of Disney to start was just perfect. Seriously almost cried, just sitting under a Christmas tree. That's all it takes for me, I guess! :rotfl:

And Illuminations was beautiful, especially with the extra holiday ending, loved it!

12. And of course, the Castle all lit up for Christmas! We missed the new Frozen lighting (honestly, missed it on purpose, because as much as I love Frozen and Elsa, I'm sorry, it's Cinderella's castle!) but I had plenty of time to just stare at this beautiful sight! I love it so much!

It was a short trip, but it was a good amount of time for what we wanted to accomplish, and really, all I wanted to do was be immersed in Disney Christmas! This trip wasn't really about attractions (I mean, of course we did attractions, but mostly the ones we had FP's for!) or ADR's (except the Le Cellier ADR of course!), I just wanted to be in Disney for Christmas! I loved being there so close to Christmas, I honestly wouldn't mind doing that every year, but I just don't think it's possible! And driving to and from SC was kind of a pain too!

South Carolina was beautiful, though! I didn't think I'd like it, but I really did! Here's where I spent part of Christmas Day in South Carolina-

This BEAUTIFUL beach at a state park, where we saw actual dolphins swimming in the water! It was crazy, maybe that's normal to people down there, but up here in CT, we never see dolphins swimming around! It was about 65 degrees that day, and it was perfect!

So again, I hope you enjoyed my trip highlights! I am going to make a HUGE effort this year to finally get myself back on the DIS! Not only do I miss reading TR's and commenting and chatting with everyone, but I miss writing them! I am planning a trip in May, so hopefully I'll get to do a TR for that one! :wave2: Thanks for reading!

So sorry to hear that you got rained out! I totally get the getting so far behind that you just can't keep up. It happened to me a while back and I just had to start from scratch with new reports.

Looks like you did manage some good fun while you were there though!

Yes!! I told you you'd find a LC ressie!! Haha!!

I'm so glad you guys went back for Christmas! I know you were super bummed about your September trip and you needed a Do-Over!

OMG you didn't tell me that the Christmas Parade has Santa Duffy!!! OMG he's soooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

How funny is it that on the day you come back to The DIS, I also came back?? I decided to start working in my scrapbooks again since I'm still working on 2012...

Yay for updates!!!!

Yay, you're back!! :cool1: :goodvibes

Totally understand not being able to keep up. But don't worry about it - join in when or where you can and the TRs will still be there later to catch up on, if you have some down time. If it helps, the two I currently have going are both on Day 2 still ;) (No obligation, though - for real).

I can relate to the rain - that's what our June trip was like. Downpouring all the time. And really sorry you had such a terrible migraine! I'm glad you still managed to have some fun, though! You have a lot of great highlights from both trips! :thumbsup2

When are you going in May? Our plans are 5/14-5/18 at the Boardwalk, 5/18-5/22 cruise on Disney Dream, and 5/22-5/26 either Boardwalk or Beach Club (wait list). Can't wait! :woohoo:

Jen - I'm glad you are making an attempt to get back on the DIS. The thing I have found is if you stay off too long its just too hard to keep up with it. Sort of like exercise, :rotfl2: That's why I am afraid to stop both of them.

I saw you posted on your Christmas trip on FB, so I knew you were there, but I totally forgot about September. What a great assortment of resorts you stayed at. I heard it rained like crazy that month. You should try October - I have had three October trips now and they have all been perfect!

I love South Carolina! It is so beautiful there. If you ever go back check out the HHI resort. It's about 1.5 hours from Charleston and 45 mins from Savannah.

I'm sorry you don't love your camera. I love all the pictures you posted. You did a beautiful job of highlighting both trips! Well done!

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing highlights from Sept and Dec!

Sorry to hear Sept was so rainy...that really was some serious rain....YUCK! And more crowded than expected :crazy2: But, glad you had some fun at F&W and overall is was a nice trip!

And great pictures of Disney at Christmas -- so many fun things to see and experience! :goodvibes

I was happy to see your post! Great summary on your 2 trips. Ugh to the rain and headache but it sounds like you had a good time on both trips. Christmas at Disney is the best! You gave me the idea to take the sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness and it was the favorite thing we did last trip. Welcome back!:cool1:

"IT RAINED THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME!" Yup, THAT is the perfect title for September. Probably the worst weather I've experienced ever. Drenched from sweat or drenched from rain.

Totally agree Jen. Festival of Fantasy has completely changed my view of daytime parades. It is simply magnificent. And seeing it in September was not easy since it seemed to get cancelled a lot.

What night was your first MNSSHP? Mine was the 23rd, and the first party hour (and a couple hours prior) was miserable. God the rain!

I think I'm done for September as well. This was my first, and while I had no crowd issues whatsoever, the trade off just is not worth it.

Aww I miss December Disney. December 2013 is still my favourite trip ever.

It's amazing to me that the next time I'm there, the Hat will not.

I'm here!! I totally agree with you about Disney being my happy place. We also went at Christmas and with no children! I can't wait to read what y'all did.

Glad you were able to do the mini-reports; they were fun to read!

The rain was terrible... I think you were there right after I left, and I remember the weather getting more and more rainy. But I could be wrong about the dates cause I'm wrong a lot.

Happy to see you posting here!

of course we remember you! LOL

I get it...I haven't been on here in ages...I go thru 'spurts'

anyway, your recap was cute! So, Sorry about all the rain...
I can imagine how miserable it was...one trip we had about a full day and half of rain and it was really starting to get on our 'nerves'...I'm with you...rain at Disney does matter :(

anyway, hope all is well ....looking forward to a recap of your December trip!

I was sooooooo excited to see updates from you!!!

I really enjoyed your highlights lists from your two trips. I can imagine that the rain really made the whole trip difficult to get excited about in September. Weather plays such an important part in enjoying a trip any time of the year.

And of course, there's very little in the world that beats Disney World at Christmas! I'm glad you were able to get down there to enjoy it, even if only for a few days.

Sometimes a mini report is awesome!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED disney world at Christmas time!!!!!!

Getting to see all the decorations, castle all lit up, Osborne lights, gingerbread house! Everything!!! :)

We just did fp when we were there, too. Ry and Mike Got to ride a couple rides late at night, the last night we were there, at MK.

So sorry to hear that you got rained out! I totally get the getting so far behind that you just can't keep up. It happened to me a while back and I just had to start from scratch with new reports.

Looks like you did manage some good fun while you were there though!

Thanks, the rain was really not fun! I could have dealt with a day or two, but it was every single day! :sad: Ugh, I'm so far behind...I'll probably have to start over with new TR's but there are a lot of them that I'm subbed to that I really want to get caught up on! It's just going to take a while, that's all!

I did have some fun times at Disney last year, in spite of the rain! :thumbsup2

Yes!! I told you you'd find a LC ressie!! Haha!!

I'm so glad you guys went back for Christmas! I know you were super bummed about your September trip and you needed a Do-Over!

OMG you didn't tell me that the Christmas Parade has Santa Duffy!!! OMG he's soooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

How funny is it that on the day you come back to The DIS, I also came back?? I decided to start working in my scrapbooks again since I'm still working on 2012...

Yay for updates!!!!

I can't believe I found one the day before! Crazy! And that wasn't the only one, there were a lot of different times available! I wonder if people wait until right before that 24 hour mark to cancel ADR's?

Haha I forgot! Isn't he cute? :rotfl2:

It was nice going back for Christmas...really crowded, but it was awesome seeing the decorations and then having Christmas Day be right around the corner. I'd do this again next year if I could!

Haha that is funny! I hope I can keep it up and stay here for a while!

Yay, you're back!! :cool1: :goodvibes

Totally understand not being able to keep up. But don't worry about it - join in when or where you can and the TRs will still be there later to catch up on, if you have some down time. If it helps, the two I currently have going are both on Day 2 still ;) (No obligation, though - for real).

I can relate to the rain - that's what our June trip was like. Downpouring all the time. And really sorry you had such a terrible migraine! I'm glad you still managed to have some fun, though! You have a lot of great highlights from both trips! :thumbsup2

When are you going in May? Our plans are 5/14-5/18 at the Boardwalk, 5/18-5/22 cruise on Disney Dream, and 5/22-5/26 either Boardwalk or Beach Club (wait list). Can't wait! :woohoo:

Hi! :wave2: I actually saw your Hawaii TR in your signature and read almost all of it in one night (I couldn't sleep at like, 3 am one night so I read your TR!:rotfl2:) But I was on my phone, which is why I didn't comment, I'll go there today to make sure I sub!

Both trips were fun, I could have done without the rain though! We even had a little rain in December, although nothing crazy like September! Ugh! I'm so done with September for now!

We're going the first week of May, so right before you. I almost did late May to go to SWW, but I feel like it's going to be way too hot and crowded, so I opted for early May. Your trip sounds awesome! I tried to rent points at the Boardwalk, but it's booked already. :sad:

Jen - I'm glad you are making an attempt to get back on the DIS. The thing I have found is if you stay off too long its just too hard to keep up with it. Sort of like exercise, :rotfl2: That's why I am afraid to stop both of them.

I saw you posted on your Christmas trip on FB, so I knew you were there, but I totally forgot about September. What a great assortment of resorts you stayed at. I heard it rained like crazy that month. You should try October - I have had three October trips now and they have all been perfect!

I love South Carolina! It is so beautiful there. If you ever go back check out the HHI resort. It's about 1.5 hours from Charleston and 45 mins from Savannah.

I'm sorry you don't love your camera. I love all the pictures you posted. You did a beautiful job of highlighting both trips! Well done!

HI! OMG your TR is one I'm really, really behind on. :faint: And one of the ones I really want to catch up on! I just have to dive in and read it, good thing you have links! (I hope! :rotfl2:)

Haha, if I ever want to go for Halloween I will probably do October. But since I love Food and Wine and Christmas, I'm thinking from now on I'll stick to November, I've always had great weather in November!

We actually had to go to to Hilton Head while we were in SC! Brandon's parents live about an hour from there, and our stupid rental car had some scary warning come on that said our brake fluid was empty, and to get it serviced right away! :scared1: So we called Budget and they told us we could trade it in at the nearest Budget rental and get a new car, which happened to be in Hilton Head. I looked to see how far away the Disney resort was, but it was still 20 minutes from where we were so I didn't get to see it, but next time I'm down there, I might visit it. HH looks beautiful, from what I saw of it. I really love it down there.

Thanks! I don't think I'm going to buy a camera for a while, and when I do, I'm just going to jump in and get a DSLR, even though I have no idea how to use one. I keep buying point and shoots and end up disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter