My State Food is Better Than Yours

N.Bailey said:
From Pa here. I'm not sure that we invented it, but we're home to scrapple (which I personally can't stand!). Thru the years, many have come into our area asking what the heck it is. IMO, if you have to ask, you'd probably rather not know.

I grew up near Philly and I do miss those cheese steaks in central Pa. We have them, but they're just not the same.

One thing we do have is, Pennsylvania Dutch! Go out to the sale any Wednesday (entire year, even winter) and you can buy anything from the Amish. I don't know who else can cook the way they do. YUMMY! They also have incredible carpentry skills.

BTW: I LOVE this thread. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Especially that "Road Kill" comment from the poster from RI. :lmao:

Yummmmm! scrapple!!!!!!!!

That must be a mid-atlantic thing because MD is big on that for breakfast too. Gotta get Rappa scrapple and cook it so it's crisp on the outside and soft on the middle. Slap it on some toast with an over very easy egg...yummmm....then go staight to your cardiologist and schedule to have stints inserted in your arteries - because they aren't gonna stay open long eating that everyday.

Being from Sheboygan, WI the bratwurst capitol of the world, bratwurst of course!!! No comparison.

Another Buffalonian here....scrapple is gross, our wings ARE the best, Beck on Weck is king, and pizza is made with pepperoni on top of the cheese, not under it like some places do. Also, due to the high Polish population in and around Buffalo, we have the best pirogi's(sp) around.

FishFlavoredSoda said:
Oh, baked beans on a stick is not a problem. We've done spaghetti on a stick. The secret to putting loose food on a stick is to just bread the heck out of it into a huge chunk and then stickify it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Though I've never actually had it (other then when staying in the hospital) Apparently none of you have anything on Utahs Green Jello recipes!!! HA Top that one!!! lol

i<3Disney said:
I'm from NJ near the Philadelphia area and we are experts on our pizza and cheesesteaks.
I agree 100% :thumbsup2 . I'm from NJ and we moved to TN last year and I've been crying because I want some good pizza and we have tried everywhere, yuck. My DH misses his good cheessteaks too. Also missing Manhattan Bagel and Pork roll and good italian food. :guilty:
I love TN but don't love Biscuits and sweet tea, just not healthy IMO.

JJClemson said:
I am from NJ near NYC. No one can top our pizza and bagels! I have lived in SC for 6 years and it is so depressing, I cannot get yummy pizza and bagels anywhere :confused3 Also, NJ has amazing bakeries! Muller's Bakery in Bay Head, NJ is the best! Crumb cake....mmmm.... :cloud9:
:wave2: You sound just like me. I'm dying here without Pizza and bagels. I'm from Pt. Pleasant right near Bay Head. The bakery here is basically Walmart. :rolleyes1

i<3Disney said:
I'm from NJ near the Philadelphia area and we are experts on our pizza and cheesesteaks.

What part of south jersey???? My fav. cheesesteaks have got to be from Gaetano's!!!!!!

N.Bailey said:
From Pa here. I'm not sure that we invented it, but we're home to scrapple (which I personally can't stand!). Thru the years, many have come into our area asking what the heck it is. IMO, if you have to ask, you'd probably rather not know.

I grew up near Philly and I do miss those cheese steaks in central Pa. We have them, but they're just not the same.

One thing we do have is, Pennsylvania Dutch! Go out to the sale any Wednesday (entire year, even winter) and you can buy anything from the Amish. I don't know who else can cook the way they do. YUMMY! They also have incredible carpentry skills.

BTW: I LOVE this thread. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Especially that "Road Kill" comment from the poster from RI. :lmao:

Ever go up to Knoeble's Grove???? They have the best potato cakes!!! My husband LOVES them!

Being born and raised in South Louisiana, I vote for authentic cajun food cooked by my mom. But I also married a girl from Sheboygan and look forward to visiting up there every year for the brats, malts and cheese curd. I had no idea when we married.

Anything deep fried tastes good. If I battered and deep fried my shoe, I'd eat it.

I'm orginally from South Jersey where cheesesteaks and hoagies are king. It's all about the roll:thumbsup2 Also pizza is the best from the Delaware Valley. Now I live in Maryland where crab cakes rule.

I haven't seen this yet... so I'm gonna put in my two cents...

Not a B-Lo native, but its the closest I've got... didn't beef on whyk/wyck/wick/whatever come from Buffalo also?

From Jersey here....nothing beats any eggs in a real diner or a porkroll, egg, and cheese on a hard roll from any deli. Make sure the porkroll is cut really thin and fried to a nice crisp. You can have a months worth of cholersterol by 9am!!!

Let's not forget scrapple! If you have to ask what's in it, you probably don't want to know......:lmao:

Also... funnel cake on the boardwalk in Wildwood; fried dough and powdered sugar, or as we call it a heart attack on a plate....:rotfl2:

Yummmmm! scrapple!!!!!!!!

That must be a mid-atlantic thing because MD is big on that for breakfast too. Gotta get Rappa scrapple and cook it so it's crisp on the outside and soft on the middle. Slap it on some toast with an over very easy egg...yummmm....then go staight to your cardiologist and schedule to have stints inserted in your arteries - because they aren't gonna stay open long eating that everyday.

OOPS, didn't get this far before posting.... DITTO from the jersey Shore

Amen to that!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

And any other seafood that you can put Old Bay on!

don't forget ....

oysters
clams
shrimp
corn on the cob

Thrashers french fries

I was going to say Thrashers Boardwalk fries. The BEST!!!!!

Maryland is called the crab state for nothing. The best crab cakes anywhere.

Here in FL, we're all about citrus, key lime pie, & strawberries.

I'm originally from the mtns. of NC where sweet tea & country cooking reign supreme.

Sorry, if these have been listed repeated, but the thread does go back to 2006. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter