I am going to try and post another post next! Stay Tuned!

Cute pictures!!!! I had always wished we did some sort of "same picture each trip" ones. I guess we do have the same picture in front of the castle pictures but it's fun to see the these types. Now my girls are 11 and 7 so the meaning is a tad different. I may have gotten the same picture each trip and not realized it. Haha
You might be surprised... you might have a common pic, maybe not every trip...

That is such an awesome tradition with the girls! Nice to look back at how they've grown throughout the years! Love the family photo too :)
Thanks! It is great to see how they grow.

Oh my gosh! I’m totally teary eyed over those rapunzel pics! They grow so fast!
I know! E will be big before you know! I always say it goes slow and fast all at the same time!

Any who! You are plowing through this TR, getting prepped for another one after your trip?!
I will most def do another Trip Report! I think I have gotten a handle on these. Plus it will probably be a full year before our next trip, So i will have to savor this one.

Sorry Andy got soaked on Kali that second time! Feels good outside, but they lump that air pretty seriously indoors, brrr! And boo to a not so great dinner at Yak and Yeti. I’ve heard such great things, sorry it didn’t live up.
He was a good sport about it until we got into the cold restaurant. He def should have just bought a dry shirt.

What a beautiful memory :goodvibes
Thanks. I love that it isn't something that I could have planned out or anything. It just happened. You know?

Hi Everyone! It's FRIDAY!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! Thank goodness! I started not feeling well Wednesday Night and am trying to fight off what ever I have as quickly as possible. I am just hoping it doesn't spread through the house.

Oh, and because I KNOW all of you were soooooo worried about it, Our Magical Express Tags came today!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Day Five: 40 Attractions for 40 Years!

So, I left off that we had finished up our photoshoot at the BEST BATHROOMS EVER. We decided to split up, Morgan wanted to ride Haunted Mansion and Gwen did not. So, Andy went with Morgan and I went with Gwen to It's a Small World. (this is becoming the thing...)

Morgan and Andy got the switch heads ending and Morgan HATES this! Sh thinks it is SUPER disturbing... I think it is awesome...

I took a picture of this girl as she seems to be missing a friend. She has a square area next to her for a friend but doesn't. :(

I thought this was extra appropriate as we were leaving today. :(

We met back up and decided that we needed to eat something! We were all hungry! So, we headed over to Gason's Tavern to get some breakfast.

Morgan loves the cinnamon roll here, so she choose that. I need to remember to ask for extra frosting next time!

Gwen had her eye on something else... She wanted the macaroons. I wasn't sure if they would be snack credits, but when we got up to order the person said that they were! So, she got both trios of flavors!

She was SOOOOO excited that she was able to get both! They came in sets of 3 and both sets had 1 flavor that I was beting Gwen wasn't going to like. And i was right. but she loved them. They were ok. Not nearly as good as the macaroons in France but still good.

Andy and I decided to split the Ham and Cheese thing... It was considered a Table Service Credit, which was fine with us. It came with plain chips and we got a bottle of water.

It was suprisingly good. And perfect to hold us over to lunch.

We also got a La Frou's Brew as a snack credit, cause we'll we have ALOT of snack credits!

The little pick me up was just what we needed.

After our refueling pitstop, we headed out! We still had 2 fast passes to use.

Since, we had to make new fast passes for this day so close to the day, I was limited but I grabbed a Winnie the Pooh one, as Gwen likes the ride and it just isn't worth a long wait. So, to me it's a good use of a fastness.

This ride just goes too fast! You can barely take pictures on it. It is fun.

After bouncing our way through Pooh, we headed over to the Carousel for our 40th Attractions!

(So, I am not sure what I listed here that we didn't count while we were there, because, we thought we needed 3 more attractions to be 40 but according to my list here we only need 2.. But regardless, we made it!

Getting a 40 Picture! There may have been some fighting over how good some of us were making our zeros by the photographer...

But we did it! And we still have one more fastness! Crushed it! Other than the fact that it was our 40th ride, the Carousel was well the Carousel... Nothing crazy about it. But I think we all actually rode a horse to make is SUPER official.

I have to get these gals some dinner, so I will have to stop here. Up next one more ride and lunch!

Last edited:
Oh, and because I KNOW all of you were soooooo worried about it, Our Magical Express Tags came today!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Yay! Always exciting :goodvibes and very unpredictable when they're come lol. I ordered our ones for March six months prior to the trip and got them in 3 weeks. I have clients whose tags are ordered 6-8 months prior and they come a month before they go :sad2:

Morgan loves the cinnamon roll here, so she choose that. I need to remember to ask for extra frosting next time!
You do! It took me many visits before I finally remembered to ask for the extra frosting lol

They came in sets of 3 and both sets had 1 flavor that I was beting Gwen wasn't going to like. And i was right. but she loved them. They were ok. Not nearly as good as the macaroons in France but still good.
Mmm, I LOVE macaroons :love: When we were at Gaston's in Nov. I totally forgot they sold them there until it was too late. Not sure how I missed them on the signs but I did! I also haven't had the ones the sell in Les Halles either, just the wonderful ginormous raspberry one from F&G and then the delicious ones from Toothsome over on Citywalk so I have to put Gaston's macaroons on my list for March.

Getting a 40 Picture! There may have been some fighting over how good some of us were making our zeros by the photographer...
So cute!

Yay!
I am soooo sad I never got to try this on my last trip. I'll just have to go back and get 2 next time I'm in WDW. . .
The little pick me up was just what we needed.
Looks like a great snack and a lot of food to use up those snack credits.

I can see why Morgan would find the head switching creepy on HM, but I think it's awesome, too! Such a cool effect.

You breakfast/treats at Gaston's Tavern looked tasty!! How great is that that Gwen could use a snack credit for her macarons!

I was wondering if you'd make it to 40 attractions! Your "40" picture is cute! a great memory :)

I am STILL waiting on our magical express baggage tags. I have called twice now to have them sent and everyday I come home and pray that they are in the mailbox. Nothing yet. Andy does NOT want to have to get our bags before hoping on magical express. So, here to keeping my fingers crossed. But really, that is my biggest problem right now, I am doing pretty good!
Looks like they came from your next post, but if they ever don't I've heard you can just give the DME folks your baggage claim numbers and they'll get it for you still

I got these off of Etsy and thought they were really pretty. The girls loved them, but haven't really worn them. They still like to "play" too much and always seem to break there chains on there necklaces.
What do ya know we have that same trouble in our house.

Well, we flew Frontier this time and apparently Frontier does not participate in the hotel checkin service. So, we could check them. We were VERY disappointed by this. Andy declared we would never fly Frontier again when going to Disney. (Hence, why I am stalking our mail!) So, we checked everything with Bell Hop, and we headed to the boats to get to the Magic Kingdom.
I didn't realize that not all airlines didn't participate, though we swore off Frontier for different reasons Their prices are great, but a few years back we showed up at the airport and they had 1 person checking in bags for at least 3 flights worth of people!!! We (and everyone else) ended up missing our plane and they said they couldn't get us out until the next day. I like any reasonable person wanting to go to disney just went over to the United counter and bought us tickets right then and there!

[
This ride is the best! And I highly recommend doing it at rope drop! The que is worth the effort! They let us into the park right at 9:00 and I have us doing our next item @ 9:28, so it was less than a half an hour to get back there, walk through the que and ride.
I'll have to remember to do this. Sounds like a pretty easy morning and better than using a FP on it

This one is also one of my favorite pics.
Pure unadulterated joy right there! Magic indeed!

My sister said that if they ever started a band this, should be the cover of there album. Ha!
Love it! I'll be sure to pick up the album when it drops!

And FINALLY back to the present... Well the present of this trip report! We got the much needed picture with their best day ever shirts on.
Love it!!!! Though Gwen has gotta work on recreating her original face. Its' priceless :P

:love:

I thought this was extra appropriate as we were leaving today. :(
Sad, but very appropriate. Though these dang things have never worked when we are there.

Yum!!!! I need this right now as I'm trying not to eat until lunch!!!

Love it!

What do ya know we have that same trouble in our house.
Glad to know it isn't just my children. That reminds, me I need to go find those and Morgan's Mickey Earrings and pack those!

I didn't realize that not all airlines didn't participate, though we swore off Frontier for different reasons Their prices are great, but a few years back we showed up at the airport and they had 1 person checking in bags for at least 3 flights worth of people!!! We (and everyone else) ended up missing our plane and they said they couldn't get us out until the next day. I like any reasonable person wanting to go to disney just went over to the United counter and bought us tickets right then and there
That is terrible. We probably would have done the same thing! It's why I always end up not flying out of Atlantic City by us. The smaller airports are going to have less options.

I'll have to remember to do this. Sounds like a pretty easy morning and better than using a FP on it
We have done it twice now, and it is def worth it.

Love it!!!! Though Gwen has gotta work on recreating her original face. Its' priceless :P
I will let her know that she needs to work on that face! ;) She is def missing the sass in the latest version!

Day Six: Into the Jungle

So, we left off hitting our 40th ride (kind of) I wanted to check something out that I saw here on the boards awhile ago and it just baffled me....

We went into Sir Mickey's. We have been in this store a number of time. Not once did I look up at the ceiling and notice this!

I just love this!!! How many people come into that store and never notice it! I showed the girls and they weren't impressed. Sigh... One day.

While we were in there, Morgan was checking out the merchandise for her "last thing". As we were looking around this lovely lady was just passing through.

She just waved and said hello as she passed through. But it was kind of fun. After that, we needed to move on. Time was starting to get tight.

We headed over to Jungle Cruise for our last fastness. I think the stage show was going on as we passed and Gwen wanted to stop and watch but unfortantly we didn't have time. (Will have to find time to actually watch it this time for her) We made it over to the Jungle Cruise, and got in line.

I don't think we waited tooo long but that line always seems really hot!

We got the "Mongala Milie", which I took to being fairly close to Morgan. We got good spots in our boat up front for once and our driver...

MORGAN!!!!!

She was really funny, and had good timing. I think she said a few jokes that I hadn't heard before, so not sure if she was off script or what. But she was really good. When we were getting off, We took our skipper that Morgan's name was Morgan too. And she got super excited about it and said that is was an awesome name.

I usually take a ton of pictures on this ride but I think I refrained as they are always the same.. ha. I love the elephants. They are the best.

The Jungle Cruise was closed because of the hurricane up until the day before, so I was excited that we were able to ride it. The water was particularly brown and had lots of foam. Not sure if it was from the hurricane or what. So, I took a picture of it...

After our ride as we were walking out of the attraction, a family comes up next to us and says that there daughter's name was Morgan also! There were 3 Morgan's on the Mongala Milie! Crazy! We chatted with the family on the way out of the area and said goodbyes. We had lunch reservations to get to!

We had lunch reservations at Skipper Canteen. We ate here once before and really liked it. The kids dessert has something to do with Morgan and Gwen liking this place. We checked in and were taken right in. The host seating us made a comment on our shirts asking if it was really The best day ever. We said not really since we were leaving today. he said, sorry to hear that.... and then... he showed us to our table!!!!

The best table ever!!! We told the host that this made it the best day ever! I wanted to sit there the second I saw that table.

We had a great waitress. We told her that we needed to eat kind of fast. As we had a plane to catch. And she said no problem. She offered to take our whole order if we knew what we wanted, which we did.

Morgan, Gwen and I all ordered the
Schweitzer Slush
Frozen Apple Juice and Passion Fruit topped with Bursting Green Apple Boba Balls, first concocted by the noted explorer and humanitarian, Dr. Albert Slush

The girls were able to pick that as there drink on the dinning plan. So, they were excited to get more boba balls.

I ordered the Shrimp Dish that is no longer on the menu.

it was good, nice and light and just what I was looking for on our last day.

Andy ordered the Steak.

He said that it was really good. He actually liked the mashed yuk that came with it. Again, they have changed this on the menu... it's slightly different now.

Morgan ordered the kids
Smiley's Little "Croc"
of Chicken Noodle Soup with fresh Seasonal Fruit

She liked it enough. I think she ate all of the noodles and some of Andy's steak.

And Gwen ordered her usual,
Junior Skip's Mac & Cheese
Classic Macaroni and Cheese served with Broccoli.

It was really good! But Gwen being Gwen didn't really like it but I threatened if she didn't eat some, she wouldn't be able to get desert. So, she ate some.

Our waitress double checked to make sure we were ok with her bring out dessert, since the girls were still eating. but we said yes for the sake of time. Again, she was fantastic!

She also offered to take our picture.

I think this might be our best family pic of the trip. And i totally didn't realize it till now. Ha.

We finished up dinner and out came our desert.

Morgan and Gwen ordered the
Volcano!
Gooey Chocolate Cake with Caramel Lava and exploding Chocolate Rocks will make you shout "UH OA!"

They LOVE this thing!

They usually ask to come to the restaurant with the Volcano Dessert. It is tasty and cute!

Andy and I both ordered the
Kungaloosh!
An African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas and Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust

Sooooo Good!

I love this. So good. The waitress had brought out our check at the same time as the dessert. She said no pressure but whenever you are ready. She was perfect, kept us moving but always let us know that we didn't need to rush.

We did lose some of the joking around because of it but it was what we needed to do. We needed to do some shopping before we headed back to the hotel to get Magical Express.

Lunch was great and we were all full. We headed towards the front of the park to do some shopping!

Last edited:
Happy Sunday!

I have made it to the end of this report before I leave! I should be able to finish this up this morning! I started packing yesterday and I just hope I am bringing enough of both weather temperatures... I am trying not to pack too much but I also don't want us to be cold... But regardless, we are all getting SUPER excited!

Day Six: Rice Krispie Treats for days! (No literally!)

So, I left off we had just finished lunch. We headed up to main street and into the shops. Andy was looking for a shirt and the girls "NEEDED" there one thing for the day. So, we wondered around and Morgan decided to get the charm necklace that she was looking at earlier. She just was taking forever to decide on which charms to get.

Meanwhile Gwen was sad we were leaving/tired/indecisive, which equals a miserable little Gwen. She couldn't decide what she wanted. She wanted another "cutie" as she calls them but she didn't like any of the other options. "Cuties" are just these plush that Disney has where the feet are kind of big.

Andy finally found us in the store, and I told him that he needed to help Gwen decide and that I needed to go across the way to burn some of our counter service credits!

I hopped across the street and grabbed a basket and started shopping! I pretty much grabbed every shape rice krispie treat I could find!

This is what I grabbed:
(9) M&M Rice Krispie Treats
(3) Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
(3) BB8 Rice Krispie Treats
(1) Animal Rice Krispie Treat
(2) Fruity Rice Krispie Treats
(2) White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(1) Raspberry Chocolate Cookie

I went to check out with my loot. I made sure to tell the lady that I wanted to use counter service credits for the snacks. I learned last time, that they can't do both in the same transaction. Counter transfers need to be it's own thing. Anyway, I was able to zero out our Counter Service Credits with all of that above!

And I STILL had Snack Credits to burn!

While I was doing that Andy was trying to get Gwen to make a decision... They looked at pins, plush princess dolls, charm necklaces, purses... Gwen just couldn't make a decision. So, Andy suggested she get this super cute Mickey Shaped Ice Cream Bar Plush. So cute. Which she agreed but wasn't completely sold. So, when they came over to the Bakery Gwen was crying... Sigh...

I tried to redirect her sadness while we picked out MORE snacks! I let them pick anything they wanted as long as it was snack credit eligible and wrapped to go into the suitcase.

We ended up with the following:
(4) Giant Lolipops
(1) Bag of Rock Candy Sticks
(1) Bag of Twisty Lolipops
(1) Bag of Gummy something
(8) More Rice Krispie Treats

That is 26 Rice Krispie Treats!!!!

I am pretty sure we zero'd out our snack credits with that second shopping spree. So, we headed to the boats and back to Wilderness Lodge. Once back we collected our suitcases from bell hop and I started to try and figure out how in the world to get all of these treats home!

This is what one of the suitcases looked like. And I don't think that was even all of it!

Gwen was still sad about her purchase and I told her we would look in the store at Wilderness Lodge if we had time. Which we did, so we went over to the store and poked around. Of Course they have a limited selection, so we really just ended up poking around.

Morgan tried to get Gwen to get this pillow, which we both thought was super cute. But I said that Andy would kill us if we let her get it. It was too big! Gwen wasn't into it anyway. Gwen didn't find anything, so we went back to wait for Magical Express.

The bus came shortly and we were on our way home. :(

Morgan's face sums up our mood... Sad to be leaving.

We got to the airport and literally had to go to the LAST terminal desk to check in our bags. I was sweating by the time we got there. This may have been when Andy swore off Frontier. But we did get our bags checked in and we headed over to security. Security was super busy today. By far the worst we have had at MCO. But we had plenty of time, so I wasn't worried but man, people around us were very impatient! And it was making Morgan nervous. I had to keep telling her we were going to miss our flight that all was ok.

We made it through security and to our gate just fine. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. We made it home in one piece, tired but glad to be home!

It was a great trip! A great way to spend celebrating turning 40. A few summary posts coming up after!

Last edited:
We went into Sir Mickey's. We have been in this store a number of time. Not once did I look up at the ceiling and notice this!

No way!! I've never noticed this before!

We got good spots in our boat up front for once and our driver...

MORGAN!!!!!

She was really funny, and had good timing. I think she said a few jokes that I hadn't heard before, so not sure if she was off script or what. But she was really good.

How great is that!? A good skipper makes all the difference, and what are the chances her name would be Morgan!? It's so nice when you get seated up near the front. We didn't on our last trip, and the skipper was great, but we could barely hear her.

I think this might be our best family pic of the trip. And i totally didn't realize it till now. Ha.

So nice!

37539795071_0691b43887_z.jpg

Holy cow!! That's a lot of treats!! Those snack credits really can add up at the end of the trip.

Day Six: Attractions Tally

1. Space Mountain
2. Buzz Lightyear Spin
3. People Mover
4. Dumbo
5. Barnstormer
6. The Voyage of The Little of Mermaid
7. Star Tours
8. Toy Story Mania
9. Fantasmic
10. Test Track
11. Mission Space
12. Journey into Imagination
13. Test Track
14. It's a Small world
15. Tea Party
16. Magic Carpets of Aladdin
17. Pirates of the Caribbean
18. Enchanted Tiki Room
19. Happily Ever After Fireworks
20. Kali River Rapids
21. Dinosaur
22. Triceratop Spin / Primeval Whirl
23. Kilimanjaro Safari
24. Nemo the Musical
25. Rivers of Light
26. Tree of Life Awakenings
27. King Louie Meet n Greet
28. Maharajah Jungle Trek
29: Big Thunder Mountain
30: Tomorrowland Speedway
31: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parade
32: Mickey's Not So Scary Hallow-wishes Fireworks
33: Haunted Mansion
34: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
35: Astro Orbiter
36: Flight of Passage
37: It's Tough to be a Bug
38: Everest
39: Peter Pan
40: Winnie the Pooh
41: Prince Charming's Caroseul
42: Jungle Cruise

We made it! pixiedust::cool1:party:

I can't find the sheet that Morgan was filling out each night. So I am not sure what we didn't found that I have on the list above. But either way, we made it! Counting the fireworks and night shows counted and helped but for the most part we made a point of seeing them, so to me they counted and they were ALL NEW to us.

Favorite Night Time Show:
  • For Morgan: Fantasmic
  • For Gwen: Fantasmic
  • For Andy: Halloween Parade
  • Me: Happily Ever After Fireworks!
Favorite New Ride:
  • For Morgan: Everest!
  • For Gwen: Kali River Kapids
  • All of us: agree on Flight Of Passage
Overall Highlights of the Trip:
  • Girls getting to ride together.
  • Halloween Party
  • Doing more at night in the parks.

Caught up right at the end!
Sorry Andy was the one to get soaked on Kali River Rapids; that's the worst when you have somewhere inside to be.

I agree with you about the wontons at Yak and Yeti. I do like cheesecake but did not like that dessert. Very disappointing.

Haha, Gwen not liking Everest but secretly she really does story was cracking me up. Happy all four of you managed to go on it a second time. Love the photo you got of you all waiting for your turn to load!

I loved your Tangled bathroom traditional photo story. Your girls look so little in the first pictures! Wow, time flies fast. It was cool to see the progression from picture to picture...I really hope they cooperate and let you take more of those shots as they get older.

Wow, that was a lot of treats!!! I have a friend who's at Disney right now, and I joked that I'd send an extra suitcase with her to bring me back some snacks and her response was, "I don't think I could fill a whole bag with just Disney treats." Guess I need to send her that picture and tell her she's got a new goal!

And whoo-hoo for hitting 40 attractions!

Day Six: Food

Gaston's Tavern Breakfast:
(1) Ham & Cheese Roll
(1) Cinnamon Roll
(2) Macaroon boxes
(1) La Frou's Brew
(1) Table Service Credits
(4) Snack Credits
$31.01

Skipper Canteen Lunch:
(1) Shrimp Lunch
(1) Steak Lunch
(1) Kids Soup
(1) Kids Mac n Cheese
(4) Table Service Credits
$124.37

Day Six Total: $155.38

Remaining:
(0) Table Service Credits
(12) Counter Service Credits
(24) Snack Credits
$1.84 Remaining

The dinning plan cost us $1,131.67
Day One Total: $225.51
  • Table Service Credits: (4)
  • Counter Service Credits: (1)
  • Snack Credits: (4)
Day Two Total: $725.32
  • Counter Service Credits: (2)
  • Snack Credits: (7)
Day Three Total: $222.25
  • Counter Service Credits: (0)
  • Snack Credits: (8)
Day Four Total: $329.19
  • Table Service Credits (4)
  • Counter Service Credits: (4)
  • Snack Credits: (3)
Day Five Total: $157.22
  • Counter Service Credits: (4)
  • Snack Credits: (3)
Day Six Total: $155.38
  • Counter Service Credits: (1)
  • Snack Credits: (6)

Totals:
Table Service: (24) Credits Used ** (0) Left over ** $856.96 Total
Counter Service: (14) Credits Used ** (10) Left over ** $162.77 Total
Snacks: (31) Credits Used ** (17) Left over ** $136.85 Total
Plus Snack Purchasing Palozza Averaging $5.00 per snack... $135
Grand Total: $1,291.58

So, we broke even with Lunch! And we still had a ton of counter service and snacks left! So, our snack shopping was basically free stuff!

Granted I think this was because we did a bunch of pricey dinners... Ohana, Teppan Edo and Tusker House were all super $$$. I priced up options for us for this coming trip and we would break even again but because we weren't doing big ticket places it was a bit tighter on breaking even.

I am also missing some counter service in this math... When I went to zero out the counter service we had (7) left but I some how have 12... This is what happens when you don't take actual trip notes! But never fear, I ordered a book off amazon to use for this coming trip!

So, I am racking my brain trying to figure out where the missing meals are! I "think" we ordered a Bounty Platter Breakfast one morning. OMG!!! It just came to me... I went down to the Wilderness Lodge Gift Shop on Day Five after we got back to the resort!!!! I wanted to use up some of the counter service credits so that we could pack them away! (When I thought we could get rid of our bags!!!!)

I have no reciept of that. So I have to guess that I used up the missing (3) Credits there! Pretty sure I got all Rice Krispie Treats.. so add another (9) to my total!!! (35) Rice Krispie Treats!!!!

• Favorite New Restaurant: Ohana
  • Favorite Dish: Bread Service
  • Favorite Drink: Black Cherry Mule from Geyseur Point
  • (5) New Restaurants out of (6)

Last days are the worst, but you guys sure made a great go at it!

I really wanna eat at Skippers Canteen, even more now, that coffee dessert looks incredible!

I love all the Morgan’s on your last trip through the Jungle. And I think the water is from the storm. In Miami the canals always had a bunch of dirt kicked up in them after a storm. Takes a long time for stuff to get normal again.

I can’t believe all those treats you guys got, basically a whole suitcase! I know you guys broke even, which makes that stuff free, which is great! I always fear that even after all the math the plan is more costly than paying OOP or with TinW. I’m looking forward to seeing how the added alcoholic beverages change the value of the plan. That addition makes it more appealing to me as I always want a drink, but seldom buy them cause of the added cost.

Hope you guys have fun on your trip! And stay warm! Layers are key in Orlando, it’s usually chilly in the morning and after sundown, but the days get warm. Leggings and a hoodie for the win!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter