• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day Five: Food

Geyseur Point Breakfast:
(1) Seasonal Fresh Fruit $8.99 + Bacon
(1) Smoked Salmon Bagel Meal $9.99 + bacon
(1) Bacon Donut
(1) Cinnamon Roll
(2) Table Service Credits
(2) Snack Credits
$26.37

Yak & Yeti Lunch:
(1) Ribs Dinner + a drink + Dessert
(1) Buffalo Shrimp Dinner + drink & Dessert
(1) Kids Cheeseburger
(1) Kids Corn Dogs Meal + drink & Dessert
(4) Table Service Credits
$104.10

Zuri Snack Shop Stop:
(2) Sugar Sticks
(2) Desserts - I think one marshmallow animal & an animal cookie
(1) Dessert for Andy - I think some sort of chocolate peanut butter cup.
(1) Bag of Gummy Bugs
(2) Counter Service Credits
$26.75

Day Five Total: $157.22

Remaining:
(4) Table Service Credits
(13) Counter Service Credits
(26) Snack Credits
$171.97 Remaining

The dinning plan cost us $1,131.67
Day One Total: $225.51
Day Two Total: $725.32
Day Three Total: $222.25
Day Four Total: $329.19

Ummmm, does anyone see how many Counter Service Credits we have still!!!! 13! Tomorrow is our last day!?!! And it's not even a full day!!!! And 26 snack credits! Will we use them all?

Will we break even?

Wow, I've fallen woefully behind. You've really been cranking out the updates. It's like you are trying to get this done before another trip to Disney or something :-)

But I knew we weren't going to want to wait in line for any of the characters, and I just couldn't wrap my head around a plan. So, I just decided we would go with the flow! So, how did we fair?
This was our same plan for the Xmas party. The characters didn't matter to me and otherwise Casey was all about the rides and i was all about the snacks. Though you'll see when I get there (which will be July at this rate) that you faired much better than us.

Haunted Mansion was great as always, but it did take forever with us have to switch. We also had a fastness for Seven Dwarfs Mine train, so we headed over to that next!
Love this picture!!! She looks thoroughly disgusted.

If you guys are ever up this, way you should stop in. We can go to one! What is Pakistani & Afghan food like?
Consider your invitation taken!!! Pakistani and Afghan food isn't too much different than Indian. I find it a lot spicer and it tends to be more meat centric.

We didn't notice them in line, but when we got off they stopped us... Because.. they were Disguist & Sadness! The lady who was disguise wanted to get her picture with the mini-disgust

They are twins!!!!

Now that we completed ALL of the trick or treating stations, we headed over to the hub area to find a place to watch the fireworks show. I had said that I REALLY wanted to try and stay for both the show and the parade. We found a spot in the back of the hub. I left Andy with the girls and went off to find us some food!
Wow, congrats on getting them all done. I had no idea they had so many trick or treat stations.

So, since Andy waited for a spot last time, I told him to go take Morgan on a ride or two. And I would sit with Gwen. I made Gwen lay her head in my lap and try to sleep. She quickly fell asleep! This is where I was getting REALLY annoyed by people. A family sat next to me which was fine. The spot was clearly for 2 people, but they were a family of 4. And they just kept slowly inching Andy's book bag over to make more room. And then on top of that, people that were leaving the park were literally walking off of the sidewalk into the middle of the road by stepping OVER Gwen. Who does that!?!
1. I can't believe she fell asleep. but 2. RUDE!!!!!! I would have taken to tripping people and moving my backpack closer to the other family. #PassiveAggressive

It didn't help that Cruella came right up to us and made this face.. HA!
Yikes!!! That would scare me too.

One of my favorite pics from the trip!
This is awesome and that is a TON of candy!!!!!! How'd you even get all that home?

My goal today, is to do as little as possible... Of course that probably means starting to pull out some stuff for our trip. But we will see! I am getting SUPER excited for our trip, only 10 days! This week is going to be a long one. Andy had a busy work week and my client that I work with primarily has had a lot of changes, so I have a feeling my week may be crazy as well.
So excited for you!!! We are sharing the doing as little as possible today goal too, though sadly I'm down with a cold. Took till just now to finally make it out of bed.

And Gwen's as well. Both girls didn't get anything yesterday with the party. We didn't really look around too much. So, they had an extra "thing" to burn today. And Morgan had been eyeing some stones/gems as well. So, she picked out 3 stones as well.
We saw this on our trip and I wasn't sure what it was for. I thought you just picked out gems. That said, Casey would love this. Will have to add it to the list!

I waited in a LONG line for these drinks this time. It was slow moving, especially since they don't serve much. But I really wanted another Mo'Hara Margarita and Morgan wanted another Night Blossom.
We never even got to try this place because the line was always crazy long. Sadly no margaritas for this mama sita. Glad you all gone some!

A certain someone in our party ended up REALLY WET!!!! We waited a little longer than I wanted but it wasn't bad. Want to know who was the lucky winner?!?!

It's always the one who doesn't want it. Poor Andy.

I ordered these 2 lovely drinks:
Sorry you didn't like the pink himalayan. I had it a few trips back and loved it, but I'm a sucker for salt an all things grapefruit

These look WAY better than they tasted! They were super salty and dry! Boo. I was so looking forward to them. We ate them just fine, but they sounded and looked so much better than they actually were.
Yuck!

Ok, don't hate me... I didn't like them... The cream cheese inside needed to be a little sweeter for me. But I am not a huge cheesecake fan. So, that might have something to do with it. Andy and Morgan LOVED them... Gwen and I pretty much ate the strawberries and the drizzle that came with the wontons. That was Delish! I could of just had that and been happy. We were stuffed by that point anyway!
I won't hate you, but I can't believe you didn't like them. Of course not being a cheesecake fan this does make sense.

This is Gwen's poker face that isn't really a poker face... She HATED it!!!! I think it was mostly the new yeti that kind of hangs down that she didn't like. But I think she also liked it deep down..
Good for Gwen!!!!!!!! We still have to bribe Casey a bit to get on this too. She's got the same hate/love and love/hate relationship thing going with it.

Poor Andy for getting so soaked on Kali!! It always has to happen to someone...

It's really too bad Gwen didn't like Everest after she was so excited to go on it. But maybe next time she'll have a change of heart like Morgan did :)

I wasn't a huge fan of the nighttime safari, but I think it's cool to experience once.

Great day at Animal Kingdom. I had to scoot our DS5 over onto the circle so he could get matched at Flight of Passage as well. He LOVED the ride though!!

We've been to WDW 5 times now and have never ridden Kali River Rapids...we've got to do that this summer. I'm not sure why it has just never worked out, but it's just one of those things we've had plans to do several times but it doesn't happen for one reason or another.

I can't believe you have that many credits left. Sounds like you are going to go home with a lot of rice crispy treats!!

Glad you all enjoyed FoP! The necklaces the girls made were really cute.

The girls look so happy on KRR! Poor DH was the unlucky one!

Gwen was pretty brave for going on EE twice despite not liking it! I'm glad Morgan liked it this time around.

Love the pic of the stuffies playing tic tac toe! It's always so cute when mousekeeping does stuff like that!

Once we got our drinks, we headed out of Pandora and the craziness! It was so busy in there! Too busy. I hope it does settle down a bit soon. I think it would be so much more enjoyable if it wasn't a mad house in that area!
I hope that once Toy Story Land in HS opens, some people will start heading that way and out of Pandora, but who knows? Flight of Passage is an incredible ride, so it'll probably stay busy for a long time.

We like It's tough to be a Bug.
I hated it the last time we were there. The 3D did not look good at all. But I'm glad you liked it. A lot of people say the show scares their kids, which I can kind of see.

I was secretly bummed, they had a cute cup that I wanted but I was only going to get it if Andy decided to get a shirt. So I put it back.
I have definitely been there before. I always have this dilemma with dessert. I'll only get it if DH gets it.

For an appetizer we ordered:
Dim Sum Basket
Wow, that looks really good!
It was cool to see, but I don't think we were over wow'd by it.
I didn't really feel too impressed by the bio-luminescence either because it's just black lights. Like, there's a glow-in-the-dark mini golf place in the mall back home that looks just like it, so . . . Not impressed.
The girls were more impressed by my backpack and all things that were glowing that should have been glowing... Ha.
That's the other thing that bothers me about the "bio-luminescence." Everything glows. Not just the plants. So it definitely is not as immersive as Pandora is during the day time.

Sorry to vent on your TR. I really like your update and will look forward to seeing if you get those last 2 attractions in!

Holy updates, Batman!!!! You were busy!! Love Gwen's little face--there is no hiding how she is feeling, happy or sad!!!

Love all your drink choices--everything looks so tasty!

I can't believe you're so close to going back!!! I am very jealous!

I was so far behind, but am caught up now. That is so many snack credit and counter credits left. I can't wait to see how you managed that in the end. We never have counter left. DH loves to get late night "meals"- LOL.

You all really did rack up on the candy. We were at the 9/8 party. Had a great time, but wish we would have done the earlier parade too. DD7 just couldn't stay awake for the 2nd one. She would wake up here and there, but was in a daze.

We all LOVED it! Morgan and Gwen were so so so excited when we got off the ride. It was a good ride length, I kept thinking this is going to be the end and it would keep going. We all fit on the ride just fine. i wasn't sure how Morgan and Gwen would fit on the ride being kids... I think the CM might have pushed Gwen's back things a little to make sure she was snug. But that was it. And I don't think the girls had any issues with the glasses.
I do love that ride and I totally agree that I kept thinking, oh this is the end, and then nope-another dive and fly!

@ArielSRL shared them on facebook and I went on Etsy and ordered them almost immediately. Aren't they cute? Sadly my hair it kind of too short for me to use it. The girls thought they were cute but I think so tired to kind of care at the moment.
I know-the pitfalls of short hair! I do prefer short hair because once it starts to get shoulder length I get antsy and chop it all off. But then it prevents me from doing anything cute with it!

We stopped in the gift shop right when you get in. I think looking for water... But we checked out the march while in there. I saw this and wished that the girls were still little enough to play with it!

I love it!!!! Maybe when my nephew gets bigger...
Love it! I would totally play with it!

They have this station in the gift shop to build you own necklace, there was a set price for certain combination of beads or you could build a -la-cart and probably spend a fortune. So, we told them, they could make one using the set price...
I remember loving those as a kid too, but as an adult it makes me cringe-spend how much for a couple beads and string!?!
She was SUPER excited about these. She thought they were just the best! She has them next to her bed at home.
You should get her a book on geology!

And you always need a bug glasses pic!
Gwen is pulling it off! She reminds me of Anna Wintour!

This was even more funny than the night before! They loved it.
Adorable!

Wow, I've fallen woefully behind. You've really been cranking out the updates. It's like you are trying to get this done before another trip to Disney or something :-)
Maaaayyyybeeee...

Wow, congrats on getting them all done. I had no idea they had so many trick or treat stations.
I wasn't sure we would hit them all. But Morgan is a determined little girl. The Stitch station wasn't even on the list.

1. I can't believe she fell asleep. but 2. RUDE!!!!!! I would have taken to tripping people and moving my backpack closer to the other family. #PassiveAggressive
Gwen is NOT one to fall asleep anywhere, either. It just shows how tired she was. I am TOTALLY the same way, with moving my backpack and stuff but I just really wanted Gwen to sleep and I was afraid if I moved too much she would wake up.

This is awesome and that is a TON of candy!!!!!! How'd you even get all that home?
So, I had packed all of our clothes in gallon zip lock bags. So, I used a few of them. (Morgan sorted all of the candy in the morning) And then tried my best to put a couple bags in each suitcase. I am pretty sure we had a good 10 lbs extra! We still have candy!

Sorry you didn't like the pink himalayan. I had it a few trips back and loved it, but I'm a sucker for salt an all things grapefruit
I am usually a sucker of all grapefruit too. It might have just been the salt on the rim...

But maybe next time she'll have a change of heart like Morgan did :)
I hope so. I like that ride.

We've been to WDW 5 times now and have never ridden Kali River Rapids...we've got to do that this summer.
I think your boys would LOVE it! Def give it a try! Maybe just pack an extra shirt that day. :)

I have definitely been there before. I always have this dilemma with dessert. I'll only get it if DH gets it.
I do that sometimes, too.

Sorry to vent on your TR. I really like your update and will look forward to seeing if you get those last 2 attractions in!
Vent away. It's why we are all here.

Holy updates, Batman!!!! You were busy!!
I am usually pretty useless during the week... And I want to get this trip report close to done. My memory on the details is starting to fade.

I can't believe you're so close to going back!!! I am very jealous!
This is NOT the norm for us! I am so excited. But after this I think it will be awhile.

Love Gwen's little face--there is no hiding how she is feeling, happy or sad!!!
She has no poker face... She gets that from me...

Gwen is pulling it off! She reminds me of Anna Wintour!
We always say that she looks good in anything. And she does! The little stinker.

Hi Everyone! I am going to try and get a post in tonight because this time next week we will hopefully will be in Florida! Woo Woo!!! I have not packed a SINGLE thing.

I am STILL waiting on our magical express baggage tags. I have called twice now to have them sent and everyday I come home and pray that they are in the mailbox. Nothing yet. Andy does NOT want to have to get our bags before hoping on magical express. So, here to keeping my fingers crossed. But really, that is my biggest problem right now, I am doing pretty good!

Oh that, and the fact that the first weekend we are there, they are forecasting for 63 & 65 degrees! I know that is warmer than it has been down there lately, but I was hoping for low 70's all week. Just have to make sure I pack some warmer clothes!

Day Six: Best Bathrooms EVER!

Sadly, this was our last day. We had a flight home today, so we have basically a half day in Magic Kingdom before we needed to get on the Magical Express back to the airport. :( Sad, I know... I had packed as much of our stuff last night as I could. And I think Andy and I might have both showered the night before she we could get to the park as close to opening as possible.

Tinkerbell left one last gift for the girls.

I got these off of Etsy and thought they were really pretty. The girls loved them, but haven't really worn them. They still like to "play" too much and always seem to break there chains on there necklaces.

We woke up got dressed and brought all of our stuff downstairs to check in and be held. Well, we flew Frontier this time and apparently Frontier does not participate in the hotel checkin service. So, we could check them. We were VERY disappointed by this. Andy declared we would never fly Frontier again when going to Disney. (Hence, why I am stalking our mail!) So, we checked everything with Bell Hop, and we headed to the boats to get to the Magic Kingdom.

It was a beautiful morning!

I don't think we waited too long for a boat and we were off! I think we arrived just in time for the Opening Show. I want to say we made it through the turnstiles, and walked straight down mainstream and as we reached the hub they were letting people start to head into the parks. So I considered it a win!

One last looks at this beauty!

I think maybe the day before I realized that our fast passes for today had gotten wiped out! Even though DH had called and tried to resolve that issue ahead of time. The annoying thing was that I have Seven Dwarfs Mine Train again for this day. So that was a bummer, but we did ride it already so it wasn't horrible...

But we also lost our Peter Pan fastness, and we wanted to ride that still. So, we decided to go straight there in the morning. We had done this last year and it worked out well.

We made it over there, with no real problem and got to enjoy the que.

Gwen STILL holding onto that Bubble Wand!

[
This ride is the best! And I highly recommend doing it at rope drop! The que is worth the effort! They let us into the park right at 9:00 and I have us doing our next item @ 9:28, so it was less than a half an hour to get back there, walk through the que and ride.

The next important item on our agenda was the annual Rapunzel Bathroom picture! Some may have heard this story but I will tell it again for any new folks. But on our very first visit. (You know the once in a lifetime visit, one...) Morgan was 5 and Gwen was just shy of 3 and we had just had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and were heading towards the Magic Carpets. They had on Princess Dresses of course, Gwen in Jasmine and Morgan in Rapunzel. We stopped to check out the bathrooms and take some pictures. And as we were leaving, Morgan realized that they were playing the music from the movie and ran back and just started dancing in the courtyard area. Just like Rapunzel. And then she realized she was wearing her Rapunzel dress! And it was even more magical. The two girls just danced and danced and danced. it is still one of my most favorite memories of ALL our trips.

This one is also one of my favorite pics.

They really were just in the moment, believing that they were dancing in Rapunzel's village.

This Video you can just see how happy they are, a peek at Andy taking pics of them, and Gwen interest in a certain picture. Also, watching this video, I can't believe how little they are!

After they dance a whole bunch Andy snapped a bunch of pictures of them. And he captured this picture.

My sister said that if they ever started a band this, should be the cover of there album. Ha!

They also posed like this...

The whole thing was magical and we went about the rest of our night.

Fast forward 2-1/2 years later and we make it back for our second trip. We stop to actual use the Rapunzel Bathrooms. While I was checking out Raps's artwork in the bathroom, this happens AGAIN!

And then Andy "claims" that this was their idea to pose in front of the poster the same way as last time! So, we got this picture.

And so, started the tradition! Every trip, so far we have gotten the picture. I just love it. I hope that they will humor me when they are teenagers and even older.

Fast Forward another 1-1/2, for our third trip.

No dancing this time... But we got the pic! At this point, we joked that Morgan was (1) Hook Hand tall!

And then Fast Forward another year, for our VERY short 2 day visit.

Still no dancing. I guess they are too old for that. :(

And FINALLY back to the present... Well the present of this trip report! We got the much needed picture with their best day ever shirts on.

Andy was not happy with these... there was lots of shadows since we took the picture in the morning instead of right before dusk. But it's what we got. How big does Morgan look?! Sigh. I need her to stop growing, she is RAPIDLY becoming a tween!!

We also got someone to take our picture all together since we had on our shirts.

It's not great... But not horrible.

With our photos out of the way, we still had another goal for the day! And that was hitting the 40 Attractions number. But that will have to wait till my next post!

Last edited:
Your Tangled tradition is so sweet!! I love the photos through the years!

Oh that, and the fact that the first weekend we are there, they are forecasting for 63 & 65 degrees! I know that is warmer than it has been down there lately, but I was hoping for low 70's all week. Just have to make sure I pack some warmer clothes!

Excited for you for your upcoming trip!! Just makes sure to bring layers! The forecast looked similar when we were preparing to go in December. It could easily get much warmer or much colder without much warning! Hopefully warmer...since it got much colder for us...the morning of our 5K it was about 30 degrees...no joke...it actually hit below freezing. I hope for much better weather for you!

I love that Gwen is still hanging onto that bubble wand :) Is she taking it back on this trip??

Your Rapunzel pics are just too cute. I remember seeing you share them before, but not all together like that--your girls sure have grown!!

Where did you find your husband's Snuggly Duckling shirt?! TOO cute!!

Just makes sure to bring layers! The forecast looked similar when we were preparing to go in December. It could easily get much warmer or much colder without much warning!
Thanks for the advise! I know I am going to end up over packing... It seems very fickle the weather right now.

I love that Gwen is still hanging onto that bubble wand :) Is she taking it back on this trip??
Gwen doesn't know about the trip as of now. But she has said she wants to bring it back with her when we do go again, so I will be packing it. I already purchased a 6 pack of bubbles for Tinkerbell to leave her each morning, so we don't have to pay the $6 for one small bottle in the parks.

Where did you find your husband's Snuggly Duckling shirt?! TOO cute!!
I got Andy's and my shirts off of teepublic.com They have some great designs and you a bunch of different styles of shirts to choose from to print them on.

Gwen doesn't know about the trip as of now. But she has said she wants to bring it back with her when we do go again, so I will be packing it. I already purchased a 6 pack of bubbles for Tinkerbell to leave her each morning, so we don't have to pay the $6 for one small bottle in the parks.
DUUUH! I totally forgot this one's a surprise! :)

Great idea bringing your own bubbles!!!

I got Andy's and my shirts off of teepublic.com
I've never bought anything from there but have looked at them before. How is their sizing?? Pretty true to size or do they run big/small in your experience??

I got Andy's and my shirts off of teepublic.com They have some great designs and you a bunch of different styles of shirts to choose from to print them on.
They run small for women... I bought that one a size larger. And DH got me a really cute Orange Bird shirt for Christmas and he got me the size I usually wear and it is WAY to small. But I also like the women's soft cut that they have and the shirt kind of curves in a little. So, I think that effects it. Men's shirt wise I think it is pretty standard. But the shirts are nice and soft. Not scratchy at all.

Cute pictures!!!! I had always wished we did some sort of "same picture each trip" ones. I guess we do have the same picture in front of the castle pictures but it's fun to see the these types. Now my girls are 11 and 7 so the meaning is a tad different. I may have gotten the same picture each trip and not realized it. Haha

Glad you could make in time for park opening and ride Peter Pan right away!

That is such an awesome tradition with the girls! Nice to look back at how they've grown throughout the years! Love the family photo too :)

Oh my gosh! I’m totally teary eyed over those rapunzel pics! They grow so fast!

Any who! You are plowing through this TR, getting prepped for another one after your trip?!

I’m glad y’all like FoP, it was a fave of mine. The necklaces the girls made are lovely. I collected gems as a kid, and still have a few of them.

Sorry Andy got soaked on Kali that second time! Feels good outside, but they lump that air pretty seriously indoors, brrr! And boo to a not so great dinner at Yak and Yeti. I’ve heard such great things, sorry it didn’t live up.

Glad the girls mostly enjoyed Everest, even if Gwen couldn’t admit it, lol!

Frontier is our least favorite airline, second to Spirit, not surprised about the check in thing. Hopefully you’ll get this luggage tags soon. Ours came late in September too.

Looks like a magical start at MK, that Peter Pan queue is adorable. Not sure I’d wait more than 20 minutes in it though, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter