Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning a December of 2005 trip and I was disappointed to see that the MVMCP ends before we can get there. Due to dd being in middle school we can t get there until the 23rd. The school system here gives mid term exams 2 days prior to the Christmas break (which to me seems like an evil ploy to keep the kids in class lol).I am assumimg though from everything I have researched there will still be plenty of holiday activities going on. The only bad thing is it looks like we could be in for some large crowds that close to Christmas.

That is correct. There will still be plenty of holiday festivites going on. The crowds as it gets closer to Christmas and all the way up to New Years will be busy. As it is the busiest time of the year. I talked it over with DW and it looks like the earliest we could go back would be 2007, but I want to maybe shoot for going in Jan. So it will either be Jan of 2007 or Jan of 2008.

Which really seems far away, but I can make the days go by just like that.... :cool1:

MateasMom said:
I thought the photos were totally bizarre. The angle was way off. How much work would it have been to straighten that out?! Also....I thought it was odd that the photo background was so busy and the background they used to print the photos was a totally uncomlimentary equally busy pattern.
i did not enjoy the party at all but the photos were the one good thing, ours came our great

I am still waiting for my photos! I went to the MVMCP on November 28th and had to re-order since the orginal pictures did not come in. Hopefully before next November I will get them (tee hee hee).

We go to disney several times a year, but this was the first time I was able to convince dh that MVMCP would be worth the extra $, as we have AP's so he just didn't think it would be worth it. I explained about the special parade, fireworks and how it wasn't supposed to be crowded, we should be able to walk on rides etc.... It was crowded, hard to even walk thru fantasyland. We were able to walk on Snow white, Buzz lightyear and Splash mountain, but all the other rides in fantasy land had 20-30 min waits.The 8 pm parade was delayed, we staked out a spot, then waited, and waited, they kept announcing that due to a problem, they parade was temporarily delayed, after about 30 mins of this, we walked over to Buzz which is when we were able to walk on, and when we were done there was no evidence of the parade, I'm not sure actually if we just missed it or if it was cancelled, because it was almost time for the fireworks then, which were lovely. By 10 my little ones were falling asleep and we gave up. It wasn't at all what I expected and I don't think I'll be able to convince dh to try it again any time soon.

We Also Went To 12/5 Mvmcp , Decided To Stay Another Night And Go After 12/2 Mvmcp,, Yes The Parade Was Delayed About 20-30 Minutes That Also Pushed All Other Shows Back About 15-20 Minute, Yes Crowds Were Not A Light As We Would Have Also Liked,, But We Still Had A Great Time,, We Felt The Shows Were Great And Also Went On Some Rides, But Only If We Could Walk On,, 12/5 Was Also The Day They Filmed Mariah Carey For The X Mas Show And The Park Was Very Busy When We First Got To The Party At 500 Pm,
I'd Still Go Again For The Shows Etc.. You Can Ride The Rides Any Time,,,,

I was a little leary about going to the MVMCP on the 17th (last party in Dec.), especially after finding out that it was a sold out night. I had read quite a few negative posts about others who didn't have as much fun as it had been in the past.

This was our first experience with the MVMCP, and we had a great time! The crowds were almost nil until about 7 pm, and we had the park to ourselves. I think the longest line was, well, I don't remember a long line at all! I guess we were lucky or just went in the right direction at the right time. We just had so much fun, and we inadvertently timed our burger meal at Pecos Bill's for a great view of the parade!

I think I'd definitely do the MVMCP again!

I had never heard about MVMCP. This thread got me very excited about it so I was disappointed when the only night we could go was sold out.

Tenacious R Us (or 'am I') and I never give up on anything SO, we got tickets and entered the park at 8 PM (wish we could have gotten in at 4). I admit that I was somewhat disappointed in the quality of the parades and shows...but the Wishes fireworks (altho we could have seen them for just the price of all day admission the next night anyway)_ were worth it to me.

The crowds weren't all that bad, the cocoa and cookies were great once we figured out where they were!!!)....I admit that the 'snow' on Main Street was not quite enough for this Colorado Mt person...LOL. I guess I wanted it to 'accumulate' some on the ground or something.

BUT I certainly didn't feel that I wasted my time or money...just that I probably wouldn't do it again unless I was otherwise occupied (like a late arriving flight ) during that day of...and couldn't get to the park until late afternoon anyway. If we had been able to enter at 4:00....until midnight, I surely would have thought it an excellent value. As it was, we rode all the rides we wanted to (cept Space Mt), saw one parade, one show, and WISHES...in just 4 hours.

I'm glad we went and just wanted to thank everyone here for posting about it, letting us know it was available. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Colorado Belle

Reading the last couple pages of this thread made me realize that we have not received our pics from 12/14. Sorry, if this has been discussed but is it usual to wait this long? If not, how would I get in touch to check on them? (Gosh, did they give us any kind of receipt? I honestly can't remember getting anything to take with and I've already gone through all my Disney papers for my scrapbook project)

The photos are the only bummer about our trip - we are photo-cursed. We also got 3 different Photopasses and two were blank, only one pic appears online.

Hi jenjersnap!

I went on November 28th and am STILL waiting for my pictures! I had to call them and was told that they would re-send them.

I did get a receipt and was able to provide the information to them. Here is the telephone number I called. I hope it helps! Good luck, my friend!

WDW MCMCP Photo telephone number: 1-800-347-1388.

Hi Jenjersnap..
My photos came BEFORE Xmas and we were there Dec. 12.
I am sure we had a receipt just as I am sure I lost it...but the photos came with a receipt for reorder etc.
Good Luck!
Colorado Belle

Just wanted to update that I got my pics yesterday. Yay! I had called earlier in the day and was told, basically, no receipt = very difficult to locate so I am relieved. The pics themselves are so funny! It was very late and our 16-month-old was getting cranky so DH took him back to the room, leaving myself and our 4-year-old. We - just the two of us - got our pics taken right before we left and we look so cold and windblown and disheveled - brrr, just seeing us reminds me how freakin' cold we were!

Thank for the advice!

Yes and no. They will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays from the day after Thanksgiving through Dec 19. Or something like that.

We got our first set of pics from 12-7, but nada from 12-9. Or wait they could be the 12-9 and nada from 12-7. Has anyone else noticed that the pics that they took, not just at the Xmas party, but the regular pics were not as good as say if we took them? When we went in April, the pictures the cast members took were great. We bought like 5 different ones, but this time, I don't know.

I am STILL waiting for my pictures from November 28th for the MVMCP. I have had a call in to three supervisors and have talked with numerous individuals who answer the phone. One supervisor and I played phone tag and then she went on vacation. Grrrr. I have another call into another supervisor. Anyone else out there who has not received their pictures from this far back?

Queen Mammaw said:
DoesDoes anyone know when the 2005 party dates will be announced? princess:

The above is correct. Do this and it will help. Have your dates pre selected. If you can go twice you will not regret it. I am glad we did, because MK stays open until 12. But May 1st will be the date.....

We are doing land/sea early Dec, 2005. I have been thinking that the kids would be to tired to stay late so the $ wouldn't be worth it. What have you guys experienced? I hate to spend the extra money if we are headed back to the hotel at 9. But if we stay late will they be to tired to enjoy the next day? What time does does MK close on those nights for regular guests? We have 4 day park hoppers and I was planning on 2 full days at MK, 1 AK and 1 MGM. Kids didn't care for Epcot in July. They will be 7 & 4. Thanks for your thoughts. Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter