• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

Agreed about noisy folks in hotel rooms :crazy2: My pet peeve is door slammers at all hours of the night/early am...so many people simply don't know how to close a door without letting it slam loudly behind them - lost sooo much sleep this way when traveling.

We once stayed at a place with thin walls and a baby SCREAMING at the top of her lungs on and off throughout the entire night. Poor thing was probably not feeling well. But have to admit I was glad when they checked out the next day.

Oh I hear you on the door slammers!!! There`s no need whatsoever to do it....again, I think people are just thoughtless...…

That must have been dreadful with the crying baby...….when it`s your own you deal with it, but other people`s disturbing you!!! Hard to be patient then, but poor thing must have been bad!!!

We once heard a couple next door being, shall we say intimate. Kyle was with us as it was maybe 2013 or 14?? We just made a joke out of it.....what else can you do.....and eventually we gratefully heard a man leave and we didn't mind the door banging shut that time as we would get some sleep now...….but we were shocked to still hear two voices, one male and one female still in the room after he left :scared1: ::yes::

We didn't see or hear anything the rest of the trip from that room, think they checked out next day...…..:thumbsup2

Yes, purple isn't a colour I `d have for a home, or a car, or even a handbag really...….and it has to be the right shade of purple whatever I buy......but that apartment building just seems to fit nicely there...….:thumbsup2

Purple is my favorite color too. I work at home and while the rest of my house is traditionally decorated and quite muted, I have a separate home office and it's painted purple- and I LOVE it. The painter tried to talk me out of it, saying I'd grow tired of the color, it was too much, go with a light pastel, trust him.

Bah!
That was 5 years ago and I'm still so happy I stuck to my guns every day that I go to work - it's fun, vibrant and so cheerful. It's very similar to the color of that house.

Purple is my favorite color too. I work at home and while the rest of my house is traditionally decorated and quite muted, I have a separate home office and it's painted purple- and I LOVE it. The painter tried to talk me out of it, saying I'd grow tired of the color, it was too much, go with a light pastel, trust him.

Bah!
That was 5 years ago and I'm still so happy I stuck to my guns every day that I go to work - it's fun, vibrant and so cheerful. It's very similar to the color of that house.

I don't have any purple walls, but do have a slight lilac colour in one of the spare bedrooms.....very pretty. And our dining room is pale lilac.....so yes I suppose quite muted really.

My accessories throughout the house are varying shades of purple, aubergine, burgundy and sometimes a mix of an odd colour just to set the room off......I added a duck egg blue set of cushions to a room that is strong on purple accents and it is gorgeous!!! But yep, purple is my all time favourite shade of anything.....like you I`d never tire of it...….:)

Yum Yum YUM!!! I love Ocean Prime. There's one right near where I work, so we've gone a few times. Everything has always been so delicious!!! I love that berries drink too!

Dog barking drives me absolutely insane, lol! But I cannot imagine listening to that while I'm in my hotel room?!?!?! Our sweet dog Rose actually doesn't bark - and it's just a fluke lol! She can, and we've heard it a couple times, but in her 4 years I think she's barked five times - just lucky!!!

We leave in just a few days for our trip and I'm making notes from your trip reports. :worship:

Yum Yum YUM!!! I love Ocean Prime. There's one right near where I work, so we've gone a few times. Everything has always been so delicious!!! I love that berries drink too!

Dog barking drives me absolutely insane, lol! But I cannot imagine listening to that while I'm in my hotel room?!?!?! Our sweet dog Rose actually doesn't bark - and it's just a fluke lol! She can, and we've heard it a couple times, but in her 4 years I think she's barked five times - just lucky!!!

We leave in just a few days for our trip and I'm making notes from your trip reports. :worship:

Only a few days till you leave!!! Wow.......that came around quick!!

Oh I wish we had an Ocean Prime in the UK! Wouldn’t be the same though......how lovely you have one so close.....I’d have that berries and bubbles every lunchtime!

I detest listening to barking or yipping dogs.......some owners think it’s cute, no, it’s darn annoying.....I love dogs that don’t bark!!!

The manager of the Club Lounge showed us a video of one of her dogs that was so cute.....it didn’t bark, it harrumphed........lol.......cutest thing ever!!! We have adopted that now......I don’t get annoyed and moan at anything I just harrumph.......:D

Bet you’re bursting to get your trip under way.......I’m excited for you!

Oh my gosh, I've missed so much! But all caught up now. Funny that Tom was trying to get details about the bathroom and Kyle wasn't saying anything

Aughhh! I hit 'post' too soon. Anyway, some of your meals look amazing! And the biscuits at Red Lobster....I could probably make a meal on those alone. Cowfish is one of the places my son loves - he's never met a burger he doesn't like!

The whole "emotional support" dog thing makes me crazy. My friend's boyfriend has a dog that he claims is for PTSD. Which is fine, but this dog has NO TRAINING. He doesn't even know how to sit. He just jumps all over everyone and kisses all over them.

Oh my gosh, I've missed so much! But all caught up now. Funny that Tom was trying to get details about the bathroom and Kyle wasn't saying anything

Aughhh! I hit 'post' too soon. Anyway, some of your meals look amazing! And the biscuits at Red Lobster....I could probably make a meal on those alone. Cowfish is one of the places my son loves - he's never met a burger he doesn't like!

The whole "emotional support" dog thing makes me crazy. My friend's boyfriend has a dog that he claims is for PTSD. Which is fine, but this dog has NO TRAINING. He doesn't even know how to sit. He just jumps all over everyone and kisses all over them.

lol...….it was funny!!! He was bursting to know how it was going and wanted to see the daily changes...….I told Kyle to make sure he took pictures on the ipad so we could see it all when we got home......I was keen to see it too, but was happy to wait!!!

The food at those places is always fabulous....and we try not to eat too many of the biscuits!!! Hard to say no when they offer you more!! I must try another burger in cowfish....but I adore that one as it`s so spicy!!!

We don't see a lot of "support" animals in the UK. We have Guide Dogs (seeing eye dogs) but not much else. But in The States they were everywhere.....of course there are plenty of genuine folks.....we know a girl who had one to let her know when she was about to have an epileptic fit. And she was annoyed at folks who just make up that they are needed......and this one was definitely not a service dog!!! Yep, they`re always well trained aren't they!

We saw one beautiful Labrador in the Mall at Millenia and this dog was almost like a third leg for it`s owner......so well behaved and attentive.

We headed back up towards the sturdier side of the pontoon...….it was moving around quite a lot for a day that wasn't overly windy!!!! I had visions of "something" gnawing away at the boards underneath!!!! But, my imagination does go into overload at times...…..

But, I can never shake the image of all those creatures in there lurking and watching and waiting for their next meal!!!

i-nn7WDxD-XL.jpg

Back up towards the market and my heart sank when they were offering samples of Vidalia onions...…..oh I adore them!!!! We don't get them in the UK and I had tried them when I was in Long Island...….and now I just can`t eat onions...….Tom tried and declared them.....perfect!!!! Hmmm.

i-zGRS62q-XL.jpg

i-ChQHq6N-XL.jpg

We wandered around a little more and checked some more stalls that were full of local produce...….so tempted to by a whole load of items, but I had to show restraint as we were going to the Olive Oil store later...…..they were quite heavy and I knew at some point we`d go buy some Rum to take home with us.....so many varieties we don't get easily back home...……

But, now lunch...…….we were both quite hungry now and we had planned to try a lobster roll place that had been closed last few times were there......and today it was open...….

i-pCjbpzH-XL.jpg

It is just a little café, and although the staff were pleasant enough, it wasn't the most welcoming of places......there was no warmth or atmosphere inside, but we had heard the food was good so we sat down anyway...…..

I ordered a frozen strawberry lemonade and Tom just a plain lemonade...….we were thirsty. We also got some water too and devoured that greedily.....we did try to keep our water intake high this trip...we always do drink lots of water, but it was ultra hot this visit so we didn't want any unexpected dehydration issues...….

i-knsVFbm-XL.jpg

i-3mQtDNX-XL.jpg

i-rxcBRmC-XL.jpg

It was a nice place, very clean and the bathrooms were immaculate.....always important!!!

We checked out the menu although I was having a lobster roll, I already knew that..... Tom wanted to try the chowder so we got a small one as a side for us to both try, and a side of coleslaw......Tom went for the grilled bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich......and he got potato salad...

i-cst55HF-XL.jpg

i-XLwhJSV-XL.jpg

i-mBPqJF6-XL.jpg

Chowder was alright...…..lots of potato and a little to runny.....no depth to it. But the sandwich and lobster roll were lovely....the lobster was fresh and quite a lot of it...….Tom loved his a lot!!! His potato salad was lovely, but the coleslaw tasted of nothing...…

And I hate paper or plastic plates. And a circle of raw carrot is neither desired nor needed!!!!

Overall we had enjoyed the main components of our lunch, but wouldn't go back again when you can get better food with a nicer atmosphere anywhere else... but for today we were full and it had been decent.

Back out in the sunshine, we walked over the street to the Olive Oil store...……

They have dozens of flavours of salad dressings and loads of varieties of olive oil which is what we were here for today...…..

You can sample everything that they sell, and we hadn't found anything yet we didn't like...…...their products are all beautiful.

i-8ppZHrb-XL.jpg

i-QnzvLjc-XL.jpg

i-6GbnFxC-XL.jpg

i-xqcMxwB-XL.jpg

We weren't purchasing any salad dressing today as we would be coming into winter after we went home, so not too many salads on the menu now...but we did plan to get a load of bottles of the Chipotle Olive Oil......oh my this was beautiful......I had gone from not liking olive oil, to using it at every opportunity....so we were buying 3 bottles today that were wine bottle size...…….one was a gift for a friend though, but we would still have plenty till we came back.

I also hate honey, but they had loads of flavours to try and I did try a few.....and ended up buying a hot honey that I was sure I`d find a use for somehow.....I did......goes fabulous in a chicken dish I make...…..we also picked up some Smoked Maple Syrup...….cannot get that in the UK......we only bought a small bottle though...…..big mistake!!!!

It is gorgeous...….and I used it up before we knew where we were......makes the best BBQ sauce ever!!!!! So, in December we will be mass buying the bigger bottles to bring back home.

We got our purchases packed up and then once we had paid headed across the street where the car park was......I was glad we didn't have too far to walk......goodness it was hot...……

As I hadn't had a cocktail with lunch, I took the opportunity to drive home...…...and enjoyed it...……..

Tom took over the camera work again......he does take a lot of pictures of me driving for some reason...…….

i-DK6jP5X-XL.jpg

Wish I had a picture of his face when I looked at the speedometer and told him what speed I had reached...….this car was fun!!!!!

Of course I got us home safely and had really enjoyed the drive this afternoon....

We got back to room and grabbed the gift for the supervisor who had helped us......so we took it down to the lounge as we knew she`d be there and we wanted to catch her before she went home today.

She was so surprised and of course said there was no need but we had been grateful to her...…..she then wondered if shed be able to drive out with it as it was alcohol...….but long story short, the Club Manager was going to sign something and as it wasn't anything that was sold on property it would be fine.

I said I hoped she liked it....turns out the brand we got her is one she collects......The Coppola wines do have rather unusual bottles......so it was sheer luck we chose one of those!!

We passed some more time down there talking to her and the manager who we just adored...….time passed so quickly and we didn't know where the time went........but we were in no rush to go anywhere quickly......…we enjoyed a few glasses of wine once food service started, I think we did have a few pieces of cheese and some crackers, but as usual we were eating later in Citywalk……..it was just so lovely sitting and chatting with folks we had gotten to know so well in such a short space of time...….there were some new TM too that we just adored talking to....really lovely people.

Eventually though we went back up to get changed as we were heading out to HHN again tonight...….

The wait for the boat tonight was short, but it was a wait...….we weren't used to waiting for very long, and in this heat it felt worse......everyone was melting and we hadn't even got on the boat yet!!

The boat was a noisy one tonight, so we were glad to get off.....I know, that sounds so grumpy but the guy behind us was just whooping.....for no apparent reason......everyone around was a little bemused. So, once off the boat we walked up towards the Studios and it wasn't getting any cooler tonight either.

We used the hotel guest entrance again and it was a bit of a walk through this time...…

The lines seemed quite long tonight for it still being relatively early......but, we went straight to ST and passed by Halloween which we wanted to do later tonight...…...The harvest was busy tonight......usually this zone was fairly quiet but we seemed to hit a crowd all at once.

i-vdwqt2K-XL.jpg

i-wk4wsbK-XL.jpg

Stranger Things regular line was 50 minutes right now, we were glad we did it when we did as later it was 95 minutes. We entered the house in just under 10 minutes...…..and it was excellent tonight...…..SA were on point and everything worked as it was supposed to. Those SA really did resemble the actors from the show...….

We left that one and went to do Poltergeist and Scary Tales...…...the lights below were from the Hogwarts night time show...…..as always they were better in real life than the camera shows.

i-WPVgcHr-XL.jpg

Poltergeist was showing 75 minutes and luckily we were on in 5 minutes......this was fantastic...…...but, the house was poor tonight...….again there were some effects not working correctly or just missing altogether...…...and the house lacked a little atmosphere tonight...…..and at the very beginning we were all stopped for some reason...….and one TM was yelling at us to keep moving!!!! Where did she think we could go...….I don't envy the TM their job of keeping the lines moving, I really don't, and think they usually do a very good job, but her over exuberance and irritation was unnecessary and someone did shout back at her we would love to be moving!!! But she still kept yelling it...….we were glad to move on!!!!

We then did Scary Tales...…….again, it was showing 75 minutes but we would have got straight in but...……..we seemed to stand for a little while, and folks were getting annoyed...….a TM came along the line saying there had been a "guest incident" and it would be a while before we got in.

At that we saw all the SA coming out of the house and any remaining guests who were inside...…..of course there was all sorts of rumours flying around the line that someone had taken ill, someone had assaulted a SA or the other was it was a child for some reason had caused an incident. We never did find out tonight what the real reason was.

We decided to stand for a little while anyway...…..we were right between the buildings and it was mad hot!!!! Not a breath of air was circulating......I remembered I had a map, so brought it out and began to waft it to try and cool myself down...….it barely worked...…

Around 15 - 20 minutes later we were thinking we would just leave the line when we saw the SA going back in the house all draped in the creepy black shrouds...….and a big cheer went up......we knew it wouldn't be long now...…

This was a fabulous house tonight!!!! It really was worth waiting for.....the witch was spectacular and everything else in the house just fell into place too.....we had some nice folks around us too which we always enjoy...…..no one crowding you or telling you to move quicker...….everyone around us had a lovely little pace going, so we could all have a good view of everything...…...this was a classic house tonight...….probably one of the best experiences this house had been for us.

We came out and marveled at how much we had enjoyed that one tonight...…..

On to Vamp85...…..the park was busy, no doubt about it......but wasn't too bad here yet...….so we did our usual wander around and snapped a few pictures....but we didn't take too many tonight for some reason...……

i-LT62tws-XL.jpg

Our favourite biker was again here and he yelled at us tonight...…..in a nice way of course...….we had seen him every night we had gone this year so of course we snapped his picture again......we asked him where his wing man was...….he said he`d been a bad boy and disposed of him...….lol...….love these SA!!!

i-Mkw2z9j-XL.jpg

i-5zP2mBz-XL.jpg

i-32Tnd6M-XL.jpg

i-SGPXxr9-XL.jpg

i-8gTCkDM-XL.jpg

We were done...…..we had spent an hour in this zone alone as it was just fun!!!! But, now we wanted to do Halloween before we left the park...….the regular line was showing 70 minutes...….and incredibly we walked on again...….the EP line was non existant……..

This was another hit tonight...…..genuinely loved every second of it......and scared the bejeesus out of me again...….they are so good and had clearly mastered Michael`s little affectations...….even the guys who you did see very briefly...….they were fabulous. We really enjoyed this house tonight...…

At that we stopped off for a bathroom break before exiting and heading to NBC for food.

We had looked at eating in the park, but to be honest, nowhere really appealed tonight......we had eaten at Louie`s, Finnegans was a madhouse and the HHN specials didn't appeal at all...…..so we would try NBC again...….

We had enjoyed our lunch here this trip, but last visit in July I hadn't enjoyed my steak and had to send it back......but this time I wasn't going to have steak...…

There wasn't really anyone waiting for a table when we went up, and when they said they had a table we were pleased we could see there were a few tables available downstairs...…..so when she said we were going upstairs I said I`d rather be downstairs...…..she said oh we have an elevator...….I looked at her and said I was perfectly capable of climbing the stairs but we didn't like upstairs as we hadn't had the best experience up there...….our waiter was busy and our food had been sat under heat lamps so wasn't great...…...she said oh that wont happen...….Tom then said we want to sit downstairs...…..we pointed out there was plenty of tables...…..at that she said wait here...…..

She came back and took us to a table downstairs...….no idea why they try to put folks upstairs when there are loads of free tables. But, we were seconds from asking for the manager and then leaving as she wasn't happy with us asking for a downstairs table.

It was a decent table...….and the girl looking after us was lovely...……..

i-m3jF62k-XL.jpg

As always we got water......and lots of it...…….I ordered a rum, ginger beer and lime and for the life of me I can`t remember what Tom ordered......it might have been a beer...….and then we had a good read of the menu to decide what we would have.

Tom was planning on having the brisket again......he had loved it last time, tender and juicy and full of flavor...…...I ended up ordering the pulled pork sandwich with corn bread as a side...…..

i-WMRD8gj-XL.jpg

i-tCDKbkn-XL.jpg

i-RxPvbHB-XL.jpg

Tom`s brisket was awful...…..full of fat and gristle...….not at all like the pieces he had the last visit...…..we caught the attention of our waitress and Tom told her it wasn't edible...….she apologized and took it away...…..

I enjoyed mine, it was lovely...…..and the table beside us we heard the man ask for a steak and wanted it rare...….I was tempted to tell him not to bother as they weren't the best, but thought we might just have been unlucky...…….

Tom`s came back and it was better......not as good as the first time, but he could at least eat it...……

Meanwhile the man`s steak had arrived and his wife had a massive burger...…..he cut into the steak and immediately said it was overdone...….I could see it was as well done as it could be...….not rare!! He pushed it away and tucked into half his wife`s burger as their waitress was nowhere to be seen......she did appear again and he said just take it off their check......she seemed to try and get him to have it redone.....but he had shared his wife`s food by now.....

If ever I wanted a steak, I know it wouldn't be here.

We paid our check and headed out into Citywalk……...we had a little wander round but we just wanted to go home now......so back to the boats and there was one waiting, so we hopped on and enjoyed the fairly quiet ride home tonight...….everyone who was on the boat looked done in...….even the boat Capt mentioned everyone looked a little lackluster...…..

Once off the boat we went straight up to our room...…..Turndown again, left the room cosy and had left us extra water which was lovely...….and she had made another little towel animal on the bed...….tonight we didn't have the energy to take any more pictures, so we moved it to the side and I jumped in the shower while Tom went for some ice for us to have a nightcap...……

We drank a bottle of water each too......the big ones!!! Then we had a rum, ginger beer and lime while we wound down a little and watched something that was supposed to be funny...….I think Will Ferrell was in it, and I don't find him funny ever...….so I don't think it was too long before I fell asleep.....

Tom said he watched it till the end and not sure why as it was awful!!!! He put the tv off around 12.30am...…..another late-ish night.

Tomorrow we planned to go to Studios.

I get a kick out of your over active imagination regarding all the sea creatures! I do t care for reptiles either yuck! I am not quite as nervous about it as you:lmao:

The lobster roll lucks really good but I thought the same thing, why are they using paper plates, I dislike that as well!

Glad you got some good scares at HHN this night, wow the heat sounds intense so far!

I love all of your detailed updated and appreciate the various restaurant reviews with pictures. I've read so many trip reports for those traveling in Sept and Oct and just said the heat was unbearable at times. Just an off year for higher temperatures.

I do however marvel that anyone would go out in a lake full of reptiles that will happily feed off you for fun in a tiny little boat this size!!!! I had seen Lake Placid...…….lol...…..
Oh my I'm dying laughing! Really isn't that bad. Guess you wouldn't enjoy swimming in our lake-you go to deeper spots to tube and let legs hang down the fish will nibble toes...it can be a bit unsettling!
I love purple too, was the color of my bridesmaid dresses at my wedding.

and one TM was yelling at us to keep moving!!!
Yeah this was a bad house for TM's to make people keep moving, frequently people would be slow or stopped (fine by me) and the TM would be motioning to keep moving! I get to not stop and stare for minutes but sheesh-going at at slow and steady pace is fine too. It was one area of HHn that really annoyed me in a few houses. Had a TM yell to keep moving when a scareactor was literally blocking my way. Almost went to GS services about it (the TM- the scare actor and house was fab) as it was really noticeable and cut the enjoyment down a lot.

.no idea why they try to put folks upstairs when there are loads of free tables.
This very likely had to do with spreading out the guest checks, so one section didn't get all the guests and another get few. The wait staff depends on the host filling the tables evenly in order for them to make money that evening. Hopefully they do rotate the staff among up and down so all get shots at the "better" tables/sections.

NBC does seem to do the sandwiches the best though!

I get a kick out of your over active imagination regarding all the sea creatures! I do t care for reptiles either yuck! I am not quite as nervous about it as you:lmao:

The lobster roll lucks really good but I thought the same thing, why are they using paper plates, I dislike that as well!

Glad you got some good scares at HHN this night, wow the heat sounds intense so far!

Lol......I am such a wimp!!! Tom always marvels that for someone as confident as I am about a lot of things, when I have fears or nerves about something.......they go straight to Defcon 5!!! No middle ground.......lol.......my over active imagination has both worried and amused Tom since we met.......:rotfl:

Yep, for such a pretty little place we were surprised to see that.......it was almost reminiscent of a little English tearoom, so I expected nice little china plates.......but yes, the lobster roll was lovely......

I swear we have never experienced heat like that in September......not for the length of the trip anyway, maybe the odd day here and there........we secretly loved it though......maybe just the odd one or two moans when I looked like I had been grilled.........:sunny:

I love all of your detailed updated and appreciate the various restaurant reviews with pictures. I've read so many trip reports for those traveling in Sept and Oct and just said the heat was unbearable at times. Just an off year for higher temperatures.

:welcome: along to this one buteraa...........always enjoy seeing you post here......

And thank you so much! I love hearing you enjoy reading them........and oh boy yes, the heat.......so many folks including friends who are local all spoke of the extreme heat this year.......it was hot, but we did love it at the same time.......

Hope you enjoy the rest of it too.........:wave2:

Oh my I'm dying laughing! Really isn't that bad. Guess you wouldn't enjoy swimming in our lake-you go to deeper spots to tube and let legs hang down the fish will nibble toes...it can be a bit unsettling!
I love purple too, was the color of my bridesmaid dresses at my wedding.

Yeah this was a bad house for TM's to make people keep moving, frequently people would be slow or stopped (fine by me) and the TM would be motioning to keep moving! I get to not stop and stare for minutes but sheesh-going at at slow and steady pace is fine too. It was one area of HHn that really annoyed me in a few houses. Had a TM yell to keep moving when a scareactor was literally blocking my way. Almost went to GS services about it (the TM- the scare actor and house was fab) as it was really noticeable and cut the enjoyment down a lot.

This very likely had to do with spreading out the guest checks, so one section didn't get all the guests and another get few. The wait staff depends on the host filling the tables evenly in order for them to make money that evening. Hopefully they do rotate the staff among up and down so all get shots at the "better" tables/sections.

NBC does seem to do the sandwiches the best though!

Oh I’d never even dangle a foot in a lake! If I can’t see through the water........nope......some of the Lochs in Scotland have the clearest water I’ve ever seen........if it’s warm enough I’d dangle a toe in there......

Poltergeist did seem to be the worst for keeping you moving.......wasn’t as bad in Scary Tales or Salughter Sinema where there was a lot to see too.......we did comment on the experience with the survey and we always send other feed back too so it was noted.

Oh with NBC, it was odd......there was no one else up there when I went up to the bathroom......and last time we were up there it was us and one other table.........and the waiter that we had was working tables downstairs......he mentioned he didn’t understand why we were up there.......that’s why we had the issue of waiting and food was dried up........maybe they didn’t think we looked good enough for downstairs lol......not the first time that’s happened there too......and yep, their sandwiches are fabulous......burgers are good too!!!

Another purple fan too........:thumbsup2

I love your writing style, but I have to say, I just snorted right out loud at this one! Too funny!!!:D

Lol........I’m glad to hear it!!

It was an odd addition to an already pretty useless salad.........:confused3

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH...……….

Back to the parks today...……

Despite another late night, we were again up so very early...…...I think we have the mind set from our once a year trips, that we have to absorb as much as we can as it would be a year before we were back...….and we`ve never lost that mind set...….despite so many trips this year, we still couldn't get enough of our Orlando time. Even over sleep...…...and we were suffering a little over lack of sleep and the heat...…..but, I keep saying, it`s not really a complaint as heat is one of the many reasons we return so often to Orlando...…..

So, we were up and downstairs for breakfast quite early this morning......and even the staff noticed we were early...….so, coffee was needed and lots of it this morning...….we did chat a little this morning as always.....but we had our breakfast and went back upstairs to get sunscreen on and head out to the parks...….we got back up, sunscreen on and as we were leaving our housekeeper was just about to knock to see if we were gone. We always put the please service room when leave, she was just so early this morning. We have a quick chat and then head off down to the boat...…

The boat looked not too busy this morning...….there were a few people heading down to the boat...…..and one family were having an absolute blazing row, but hissing at each other instead of shouting...….oh dear!!! The kids were mid teens and were plugged into their music obviously ignoring whatever they were fighting over...…...as we did the bag search the husband stormed off and began walking to the park...….we felt sorry for the kids though, not a great way to start a day in the parks...…..I`m sure most folks get stressed and bothered at times, but that was off the scale!!!!

So, on to the boat and we were looking forward to getting back into the parks and doing some rides...…...when we go to HHN we don't usually bother with the rides.....we prefer to concentrate on the houses and general HHN stuff...…..

There was a little line to enter the park today, more than I thought there would be at this time, but takes seconds to get through and into the store where we traditionally wander through and today we were using it as a cool down.....we do like to wander and have a look at the merchandise...…..we still had a few gifts to buy for some folks kids but today we were heading to the Minion ride.

We adore this little ride...….and already there is quite a line for the non EP folks...…...we walk into the EP line and there are maybe 6 folks in front of us...….the lady directly in front of us was holding a little boy of maybe 2, maybe a little older...….he was so cute though!!! I had noticed the woman had purchased the Unlimited EP ticket for them both...….so, we went in behind them a few seconds later when they let us in...…..we got to the glasses bit and then she told the TM there was two of them, the TM asked her to put her son under the height guide...….the little lad didn't want to but the mother kind of held him so the TM could see his height. She said he was too short, the woman interjected and said he fitted on Spiderman...….the young lady said he was too short but could sit on the stationary seats...…...this wasn't good enough for the woman who rather shockingly flung the ride glasses at the TM and on to the floor, them grabbed the little boy and stormed out!!! Unbelievable behavior...…….I was stood with my mouth wide open at her rudeness and to actually aim the glasses at the TM!!! She had been offered stationary seating as an alternative...…...so, not sure what her problem was.

The girl took it in her stride and just picked the glasses off the floor!!!! They shouldn't have to deal with attitudes like that...….but they do and how they keep calm at times I`ll never know...…….

But, we went on and it was fun...….everyone had a fun ride and again folks were whooping and cheering at the best bits......love when folks get excited for a ride...……

Next up was RRR....this was a complete walk on this morning......and we again got the front...….I`m so dull at times...….I choose the same song all the time!!!! Tom does choose some different ones.....but we both love this ride so much......as long as we are at the front...….we do know someone who doesn't find it rough even at the back......but he can do any ride and not be upset by it any way...…...but we were loving this...…..love that first climb although it still makes me a little nervous if I`m honest......but in a good way.....so fun!!!

We only did this once today again...….even on the front the last few turns are a little tight and quite rough....but it is better than being at the back for us.

This park is really pretty in many areas...…..so many trees to deflect from the surrounding ride buildings that can look quite stark...….the Transformers building is one of those...…..I quite like the sound stages, they certainly aren't pretty but they do reflect the park with it`s function and history...….but the newer buildings like TF not so much.

i-gqFVXXp-XL.jpg

i-Bn6hqKZ-XL.jpg

This street is a quiet one usually...…...they hadn't decorated it for HHN like they had in previous years to reflect some of the houses, like The Purge...…..and they do have street entertainers who perform around this area throughout the day...….Studios had really transformed over the last few years...…...they had a few sets of entertainers around the park singing and dancing...…..we were just too early today for any of them...…..and because we don't spend all day in the parks, we don't usually see them in this area...…..but we had done and they were all good.

I was sheltering in the shade as often as I could today...……

i-XNqwHL8-XL.jpg

They do have a Christmas store, although as I`m sure I`ve said before, it`s not as good as the one in IOA......but worth visiting......if only for the full Christmas aroma emanating from it...……

i-RbVRXbq-XL.jpg

Next up for us was The Mummy...…..a true classic and definite favourite of ours...…..Kyle loves this ride too and we knew this was one he was desperate to get back on when we come back in December...…..

But, first we were marveling at how empty this area of the park was compared to the contrary crowds of the night time event...…..

i-vWhbbP9-XL.jpg

i-zS3cmhZ-XL.jpg

The Mummy was fun. We dropped my bag into the new locker system...…..it was quiet, very quiet, so no issues with crowds...….then on to the ride...….we did think about walking through the full line as there was no one there...….but we had seen it many times...….so EP it was again.

Front row as always and we love it!!!!! It has quite a slow start and the theming is fabulous...….it was really well done and a lot of fun...…..when the coaster part starts it is so good!!!! Some good air time and feels a lot faster than I remember every time...….love it!!!

We do this twice and again, so much fun. It can be quite daunting if you`re not keen on coasters and want to try one...….this one is ideal as you can`t see it, and it genuinely isn't anything like The Hulk which does look fierce if you`re not keen...….but it`s not got huge drops and amazing theming......one I`d recommend to someone wanting to start coasters...……

The Blues Brothers are another show not to miss if you`re in the parks...…..high energy and loads of fun...….and you get to sing along and dance too.....and many people do...….

i-97Z4w96-XL.jpg

So quiet!!!!!!

i-QBxxqMk-XL.jpg

We are always lucky enough to catch the HE going back and forward......you can`t really miss it if you stand for a few moments and wait for it to pass by.....you can see it just before you hit Louie`s Pizza...….

I did wish it made the sound a steam train makes as it passes through that area as so many can see it...……

i-TNCZThQ-XL.jpg

We had experienced Fast & Furious on our last visit and hated it!!! Genuinely thought it was awful...…..along with Jimmy Fallon they had both been massive disappointments for new rides recently...….and we can never decide which one is worse than the other...…...I guess as we don't like Jimmy Fallon we were never going to be fans of the ride...…..it does however have a really cool building to walk through and I like the panda...….

i-M2mxx2T-XL.jpg

Tom suggested we should give it another try (exactly why I`m not sure) but heyho, there weren't many folks around and it was still early...….so we did the EP line anyway and as we wandered through the line we wondered if anyone had complained about the mess it had been left in when they saw the table.....lol.....

i-6F957tW-XL.jpg

i-mM4wF4P-XL.jpg

As car lovers, we do kinda like the line...….sort of...…..I`m pushing the point here to try and find something redeeming about this ride...….but the cars are interesting.....if you like cars.

i-d3Vmq5M-XL.jpg

i-JfsfT92-XL.jpg

i-BWc44DK-XL.jpg

i-ZC79vs8-XL.jpg

i-Qv9vvTT-XL.jpg

I have to say.

It sucked as much as we remembered it. Even the two actors who talk to you weren't very interested today...…..the first time we did it we found them quite enthusiastic, despite no one being impressed...….but today they very much seemed to be going through the motions...…..

The whole "family" thing is nauseating...….and I`m a very schmaltzy loving person.....I love all that...….but, it`s so fake, too fake. I was already wishing we hadn't bothered.

The ride vehicle came along and we got the guy in our row with the giant backpack...…...and it was giant!!! But, we set off and it was as dull and pointless as we remembered it to be. I can`t explain what is so wrong with it......it`s just dreadful...……

Of course there are some folks that enjoy it and enjoy JF too...…..but we just think it`s one of the worst things they have come up with...…..it should have been so much better.

Potter next...……

We wished we hadn't wasted twenty minutes on this ride after all...…..I know In December Kyle will want to see what it`s all about, so I told Tom I`d go and do something, anything really while they go ride it again.

But, now, on to something we did love and enjoyed every second in...…..Diagon Alley...…..

This place was amazing...….it is a spectacular place where you can believe you have been transported to somewhere truly special and feel totally immersed in everything Potter has to offer. Many of us say on the boards, you don't need to know anything about Potter or even enjoy the stories that much to love and appreciate what Universal Orlando has created here...….to say it is special is an understatement...….we are overwhelmed with admiration every time we walk into DA and KA too...…..there really is so much to take in and absorb in both Potter parks.......…people always ask which park is our favourite for Potter......well, I`m not quite sure...…...IOA has Hogsmeade and the Castle which is incredibly impressive......but DA is so amazingly colourful and brings so much to life in many differing ways...….so, I can`t really choose one over the other...…...I think whichever one we are in at the time is our favourite……..

One thing that does annoy me though......is people who complain about folks taking pictures all the time......I don't mean the physical act of taking them as in they get in your way which can be annoying if someone just stops in front of you. But, people who say you can find excellent pictures on the internet of anything...…so why take pictures of anything at all. I saw a comment recently from someone who didn't see the need to take pictures of iconic places.....and didn't understand why people waste time taking pictures at all!

For us, it`s memories...….I can see a million pictures of The Empire State Building online......but when I look at pictures of my mum and I standing at the top of that splendid building, it evokes all the memories of that trip and subsequent ones too...….

We have thousands of pictures that we take on every trip, and we do condense them down and delete a load that maybe aren't as good as they could be, but those pictures are memories that can`t be replicated and we love to look back at them all and enjoy those memories all the more.

I hope I never become as jaded as to say oh you can see that online and it`s so much better...…..we love our pictures and will continue to take as many as we can every trip...….(off soap box :D)

As you walk in you do get an amazing feeling that you are somewhere special...…

i-DXXK4kZ-XL.jpg

It was busier than this, Tom managed to just catch a brief moment when there was no one around outside Flourish and Blotts…….

i-5xRqGWM-XL.jpg

And of course the expected picture under the dragon......and try not to get in anyone`s way of course...…..lol...….it is an impressive site and of course when it breaths fire even more so. During the day you can still see it clearly, but to see it after dark is something else...….you can feel the heat from it when you are close enough...….

i-BqmrSxP-XL.jpg

i-SDGxkg2-XL.jpg

It wasn't overly busy today.....we had seen it much, much worse...….and it really is pleasant to roam around when it`s like this......we had been here when you could barely move around and although it was still amazing, to be able to see and appreciate the detail in everything you see, well it was much better.

i-m3L5dfc-XL.jpg

The money exchange is a must do when you visit...…...you can have an exchange with the head goblin...….he isn`t always pleasant!!!! But he`s quite funny and it`s a good interaction...….

Ask him anything you like and you will get an answer...….he is a little disconcerting though, and quite realistic!!!

i-DtRKdGZ-XL.jpg

i-xzk3rGD-XL.jpg

i-9LRfp3h-XL.jpg

This young lady was well into her character...…….

i-RswN5P7-XL.jpg

There are so many touches around here you can never see them first time, or even second or twentieth time!!!! I had never remembered seeing this sign before, so a picture was necessary...…….

i-pMsgfrZ-XL.jpg

And of course the lovely Dobbie...……

i-TMMgbNd-XL.jpg

i-c4sZFN9-XL.jpg

Back in a bit, my new laptop has arrived!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter