Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

:rotfl::rotfl: I am dying here! That would be something I'd say and my kids would punch me to be quiet...

Nice! Looks huge too!

OMG it was so fun to meet you guys!! I couldn't believe how fast time passed!!! And many thanks to Tom again for the lovely sangria and of course-the picture!

Happy birthday to Davy! You will be in my neck of the woods (we are in Springfield). Think Silver Dollar City will be gorgeous right now with all the fall colors too!

Tom takes such great pictures, really enjoying them!

Lol.......I’m past the age of being concerned what others think of me, so have been known to just blurt out exactly what I’m thinking........Tom and the nice lady appreciated it, I’ll say that.........:D and at times I can do an Amazing American accent.........::yes:: so my impressions of Karen Walker are spot on!! Well, almost......

Oh it was our pleasure........and yes, it was such a nice meet! And when our friends had their emergency and had to leave, we both said we could have stayed longer and had some lunch together........I’m sure our dates will align again sometime.....:thumbsup2

Glad you like the pics.......Tom says a big thank oooooo..........:wave2:

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST

We were meeting at The Backwater Bar in IOA...….and as usual we would be early...….we always are!!!! The walk was lovely although still hot......and we stopped into the store on the way in and had a look around as we usually do to pass the time till we were due to meet.

i-Bsjjw66-XL.jpg

Backwater Bar is attached to Confisco Grill and is a fabulous bar to have a drink or two in.....they also do food, and it`s very friendly......so we thought this was an ideal place for a little meet up...…...usually we would have been there longer, but we had this meeting with friends that couldn't be another day and they had already changed the place twice, so we were fully expecting another change before we met them today...….we wouldn't be disappointed with that one!!!

i-cJXcS3t-XL.jpg

Vicky was already there when we trooped up...….it had been a few years since we had seen Vicki, we had just missed each other a few times and other times it just hadn't worked out...…..but this time we made sure we managed to meet up at some point, even if it was a quicker than normal meet.

And the lovely Monykalyn was also in town......we hadn't managed to get together in May??? So this time we were glad it could work out...…..and Vicki hadn't met MonyK either, so it was nice to be able all catch up together.

Once MonyK had arrived we went inside as we were boiled sitting outside......much cooler inside...….and we chatted the whole time we were inside......we each had a glass of Sangria which is ok in there...…...but we did have a good old chat and a giggle too...…..

It was a shame we had to cut it short, but could genuinely have chatted the afternoon away...……

And, Tom reminded us we did need to get a photograph as always...…...I always forget to mention a picture!!!

i-pQ4mtLw-XL.jpg

So, we said our goodbyes...…...and headed off in our own directions...…...but, we were so glad we had managed to meet up with both ladies.....it was so nice to chat and be able to put a real face to MonyK rather than an online picture...…..Vicki of course we had known for years...……

We did wish it had been longer, but everyone had plans as it was.
I wish we had longer too Carole, it was so much fun meeting up again after missing each other the last few years and it was great to meet Monyk too! I think we could have spent all day talking....wish I had remembered to ask Monyk about her chickens ...we definitely need to all meet up at Strongwater on our next HHN trip since we will be staying at SF.

Yes, I second the thanks to Tom for the Sangria and the pic turned out great.

I wish we had longer too Carole, it was so much fun meeting up again after missing each other the last few years and it was great to meet Monyk too! I think we could have spent all day talking....wish I had remembered to ask Monyk about her chickens ...we definitely need to all meet up at Strongwater on our next HHN trip since we will be staying at SF.

Yes, I second the thanks to Tom for the Sangria and the pic turned out great.

I do like the picture too!

Yes, it really was fun and yep, we absolutely could have sat all day! And yes, after we left we realised we never got to chat about many things.......but, yes, there’s always next time.........:thumbsup2

Sitting in the lounge was as always fun...…..and tonight we left around 6ish to head into the parks for another HHN...……

It was another hot one, we were getting used to it just being boiling hot at all times now...….we again went for the boat and were lucky tonight and there was one waiting.....so we were straight on it...….and set off as soon as we did get on...….after the few times we had waited longer for a boat this was nice.....

We again used the hotel guest entrance tonight and it was a lot quieter than the last Friday we had come in, it still looked busy, but nowhere near as busy as last Friday, but certainly busier than Wednesday already...….but it was Friday and to be expected.

As it was still light out, it maybe wasn't as atmospheric as it usually is.....but we still enjoy the park when it`s still light...….we think we may do Halloween twice and go through the regular line if it isn't busy....but already it`s 45 minutes...…..nah.....too long to wait in this heat.....we wave to a TM we know who is joining the regular line, afterwards he said it took over an hour and not 45 minutes as shown.....we were glad we used EP. We walked straight on. Never even stopped except to get our tickets scanned...……

Tonight it was another fabulously timed house......we had struck it lucky every night with this house and so enjoyed the scares....and we had a good crowd around us....everyone was enjoying the fun everyone around was having which was nice...….and again, good scares from this one!!! Michael, well one of them came right after me tonight, when he usually just popped out from a corner...….never expected that as he hadn't done that the previous visits......and apparently it was very funny watching from behind me!!!! Of course it was...…..

We ignored the Chucky zone tonight and wandered round to Twisted Tradition as we planned to do some of the houses at the back of the park tonight first.....although the long walk involved was kind of off putting…...but we wanted to do Trick r Treat again and Slaughter Sinema……

i-9dDKznw-XL.jpg

i-5p6S88r-XL.jpg

So, this character was the one that I thought was trying to attract my attention on a previous night...….so when I saw him I was going over to get a picture....of course it could be a different SA...…...but, I went over anyway...…….

i-BQzj5Tk-XL.jpg

I have always loved when SA break character, not too much but a little...…..however I slowly realized we should know this guy...….and Tom said he could see it on my face as it dawned on me who it was...….

i-df332mX-XL.jpg

Yep, we knew him...………………...love it!!!

i-b6LQvtZ-XL.jpg

Although this zone wasn't overly scary, it was well done...….the scenery and the effects especially after dark are beautiful...….those pumpkins are incredibly beautiful all lit up at night......and of course the SA are phenomenal...…..every one of them...…so the zone is fun......just not as scary as it should be.....

i-vt5CfkH-XL.jpg

i-KRfXPLz-XL.jpg

Although I do have to say, after Tom took this picture and I went to turn, this guy did give me a scare I wasn't expecting......and I did run a little.....but Tom had turned to catch the next picture...…..but I do like a little scare!!!

i-9j4ZTJJ-XL.jpg

i-cfcG8hS-XL.jpg

Trick r Treat was showing 45 minutes and that could have meant the length of the walk too!!!! It was ridiculous...…..but we took our time and wandered round and got there in time to see the next lot of SA entering...…..I always found those hooded cloaks a little spooky as a kid...….

i-zPWkp3p-XL.jpg

i-hPZ76kb-XL.jpg

It was another good house tonight...….we missed the good scare at the beginning but we did enjoy the rest of the house a lot...…it is fun and well worth the incredibly long walk to get to it...…...we weren't going to do the plant one, Seeds of Extinction again so we took a picture of the Twisted Tradition zone as it was getting incredibly busy now...….you really couldn't move in there......

i-w3wcDFZ-XL.jpg

We were heading to Slaughter Sinema next...….

Hi Carole, I have now caught up on your entire trip report so far. With less than one year left until my rescheduled trip, I'm ready to get excited again. My three month checkup for my back surgery is tomorrow. I feel I am doing well. Hopefully that is confirmed.

We will be at . I tried to get DH to try RPH or HRH because we stayed at Portofino last time but he is obsessed with the hotel. We are also fans of the Backwater Bar. Funny thing though, whenever we are there, Confisco Grill isn't open. We we told it was "seasonal". I don't see much difference between late September and late October as far as crowds. Your photos are great as always. I'll be impatiently waiting for next year and whatever houses are announced for then. Keep writing!

Hi Carole, I have now caught up on your entire trip report so far. With less than one year left until my rescheduled trip, I'm ready to get excited again. My three month checkup for my back surgery is tomorrow. I feel I am doing well. Hopefully that is confirmed.

We will be at . I tried to get DH to try RPH or HRH because we stayed at Portofino last time but he is obsessed with the hotel. We are also fans of the Backwater Bar. Funny thing though, whenever we are there, Confisco Grill isn't open. We we told it was "seasonal". I don't see much difference between late September and late October as far as crowds. Your photos are great as always. I'll be impatiently waiting for next year and whatever houses are announced for then. Keep writing!

:welcome: Wendy..........lovely to see you here.........and glad you’re all caught up!!

Oh wow, good luck at your check up tomorrow.......3 months already! That went quickly......hope you’re feeling ok and doing better everyday.........it’s a tough thing to recover from.......

I’ve never seen Confisco Grill closed! But only been as early as March, never in January of February.....and I suppose December is holiday season......so it’s going to be open then! Love Backwater Bar........it’s never overly busy and very friendly!

Portofino is beautiful.......no doubts......long as you’re there you’ll love it.......

Thanks, glad you like the pictures........and yes, already looking forward to next year and HHN.........we are in the process of planning something a little different for next year........maybe adding in Vegas......but still not 100% sure that’s what we want to do........decisions!! Plenty of time for us to decide........:thumbsup2

But, glad you’re enjoying reading.........will be trying to update as quickly as I can.........don’t want it dragging out too long...........:wave2:

Sorry Robby I don't have the picture you asked for, I`ll look my older pictures to see if I can find it....…….

More coming up though...…….:thumbsup2

So, our next house was Slaughter Sinema……...this was a little off tonight, some things were missing and we seemed to avoid a lot of the scares......but......looking at the displays around the house is fabulous....they really do make a wonderful job of every house.....even the ones I`m not particularly fond of can still be appreciated. And we did enjoy it despite the lack of scares...….fun house!

We thought we would head round and spend a little time in Potter again tonight...…..we do like it during HHN and I think someone told us it would close around 11pm tonight......we are usually gone by then so haven't been in there that late...….and tonight it would be a cool place to chill out before we hit the front houses again......and Vamp zone!!

Looking over the lagoon is so beautiful at night, and during HHN when the regular lights are dimmed and you can only see the highlights of the park it`s even more so...…..

i-9RrTF9J-XL.jpg

Typically, the moon was so much clearer in real life than in this picture...…..I can never quite capture it quite as graphically as Kyle`s telescope camera can. Of course it`s designed to a much better job......but I do like moon pictures for some reason.

i-GkDBsBM-XL.jpg

i-5tK8WfR-XL.jpg

i-ZxtSv6Z-XL.jpg

Heading in to Potter area we do stop off for a bathroom break...….in the bathroom it sounds like there is a riot going on......I do think twice about going in, but realize that is two young kids who are screaming bloody murder in there...…..they were tired and screaming to just get attention by the looks of it...…no tears, just screams and tantrums...….maybe around 4 and 5 age group...…..horrible to see and to listen to......and yes, the parent was being judged, absolutely!!! She basically told them to suck it up they had a long night ahead!!! Really!!!! She did lift one up to try and stop the yelling.....by this time I had decided to leave the fairly long line for the bathroom and go elsewhere...….anywhere else!!! As did a few others...….boy they were loud!!!

So, I would go in the Hogsmeade bathrooms...…….Tom said they could hear them from the men`s room and was glad they weren't in there!

Diagon Alley was beautiful...…...all lit up it is precious!

i-V9G4Fxb-XL.jpg

i-hnndxZv-XL.jpg

We did look to go in to DA tonight, but it was surprisingly busy! Usually it was fairly quiet on a HHN, but we turned around and decided to head round to the houses we wanted to do tonight...…….

i-3TVCmNz-XL.jpg

i-QhgSZ2V-XL.jpg

Up next, Vamp and food!!!!

We stopped off at the bathrooms opposite Richter Burger...….which was mobbed when we looked in tonight! Don`t rate their food at all, same with Mel`s Diner, not somewhere we would ever eat again...….and Richter used to be so good many years ago...….not sure what happened to it over time. But, went in the bathroom and wasn't too bad considering it is on the main walkway through the park...….and it was a lot quieter even with a contingent of teenage girls laughing and squealing...….they were having so much fun though...…..

Vamp 85 was busy tonight...….and so much darn fun!!!!

Not the best or clearest picture of the night...….

i-dhmxPBZ-XL.jpg

We seemed to keep meeting up with this guy on his motorbike...…..of course we had seen him every night we had been there...…same guy too. He circled around me tonight with his bike while his buddy tried to be menacing......lol...….they were cute!!! And really into their part...….of course this had been the guy who told Tom to use his flash last week when taking pictures...….lol...…..

We did hear a lot of TM yelling loudly over to people to stop using the flash in SA faces...….it can`t be pleasant...….

i-hJgbjTN-XL.jpg

I was actually right behind this guy when he took part in the most obvious case of photobombing we had ever seen...….:laughing: He just jumped in front of me as Tom took the picture...…..timing is everything...…..

i-kT4npjX-XL.jpg

We also had a look in Finnegans……..oh my, that is a mess during HHN now...…..the queue always worked fine before, not sure why they have the line to line to join the line to get a drink...……so we wouldn't bother...…..

i-zCNwGhx-XL.jpg

i-5vksx2c-XL.jpg

Gotta love Prince!!!!

i-BtK5PZ8-XL.jpg

We had missed the show which is excellent........but we had just missed it so didn't want to wait around for the next one.....so we went to do Poltergeist first...although the music was so good we really didn't want to leave......but houses were calling.

Poltergeist was again missing the rain and extreme cold as you entered the excavation scene at the beginning.....which did take something away from the entrance......I`m not sure if it had stopped altogether or if we had just been unlucky...…..but, the rest of the house was fun and we did get a few scares, however there were many props that weren't functioning correctly or just missing...…..which is a shame. But, good house overall. The regular line was 60 minutes and we got in within 5 minutes with EP.

We left that and immediately went into Scary Tales...…...regular line was 65 minutes and again, it took us 5 minutes to get in the house...…..this is a fabulous house and scenes are incredibly impressive...…..and very immersive if you press the red buttons.....and of course there is the aromas around the house....not horrible like previous years...…..Diapers and baby powder anyone????? Yep, that wasn't nice...…..but the witch is a highlight in here and the rest of the house doesn't disappoint.

We were going to do ST but the regular line was showing 90 minutes and we could see the EP line was well back almost to the entrance...…..no way were we standing in that line...….that was the only time we saw an Express line so massive...….timing was again everything as friends who were there just after us said it took them 15 minutes...….so, maybe a little unlucky...……

We decided to call it a night after that...…...we took our time and wandered through the zone at the entrance......it was just ok and didn't seem to have a lot of SA tonight...…..

Out into Citywalk we planned to eat at Cowfish...….and as always it was busy. We could have got a table immediately if we had wanted to eat outside, but, we prefer eating inside when it`s as hot...…..so a 10 minute wait wasn't too bad and soon we were heading upstairs to the top floor for a change.....

It was a little quieter up here.....the main floor can get incredibly noisy and it was full to bursting as we walked through...….

Once seated we asked for water first......we were both hot and incredibly thirsty...…...I think she topped us up twice before we even ate anything!

Tom ordered a beer and I went for the Mango Ginger cocktail, which has Milagro Silver tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave juice and mango ginger purée, but asked if I could have it made with Rum instead of Tequila...….of course it was no problem......I had swapped it before and it was beautiful...….

i-zw64ZsS-XL.jpg

i-9KBKLSR-XL.jpg

We much preferred it up here.....at the risk of sounding like an old lady, it was nice being able to have a conversation without yelling as we probably would have done downstairs...…..it was noisier than usual...…..but this was nice....and we do like to chat the night away...…..

Food. This was easy for me...…...Jalapeno Popper Show Stopper Burger with extra jalapenos...….and sweet potato fries, my ultimate favourite...….Tom took his time as he likes to have something different each time...…..

Tom eventually opted for the Hoisin Beef burger, hoisin cooked short ribs, candied smoked bacon, pickled red onions, cucumber all on a brioche bun, little different for him for a change...…..both were medium well...…...

i-LjSx35Z-XL.jpg

i-2HjJdvL-XL.jpg

They were gorgeous!!!!

Genuinely good burgers that were so tasty.....and cooked to perfection. I did get added jalapeno on the bottom but I think they were afraid to put on too many as there were only 3 little extra rings of the spicy green stuff...…..but, delicious.

We again enjoyed our meal here...….food and service were excellent...…..so we paid the check and planned to walk straight back home...….we were tired...…

However, once we paid the check we met a couple of folks we knew and they were headed to Margaritaville for one drink...…….

How could we turn down their request for us to join them...…….for one...…….one drink...….

i-zGjV5d6-XL.jpg

Well, we didn't have one drink each...….but we didn't do too badly though as we had plenty of water alongside and spread them out a little...…..but what fun we had!!!! It was unexpected which was can be the best times on occasion...…….

But, eventually after two more margaritas for me and 2 beers for Tom we decided it was time to head for bed...….we really were tired now...…..so we bid our friends a very good night and I`m sure it would be as they were headed to one of the clubs, we didn't even have the energy to even think about a club......so, we walked back home where we were imagining our bed all the way there......it had been a good day but felt long right now......I think it was after one when we wandered into our room.

Forced myself to have a shower as I could easily have just fallen asleep on the floor I was so tired. But, made it into bed and thought we`d have another lazy day tomorrow...…..

I can think of no better way to spend a lazy afternoon than binging on one of your TRs! Always discover something i’ve Managed to miss over the years

:welcome: Along my friend...........always glad when you’re here!!!

Lol........that made me laugh.......well, I did want to get a head start to save some time when I got back........so started the trip report early..........hoping to get it finished before we leave for next one........

Oh the creme brûlée is their star dessert.........it is gorgeous and so much better than the cheesecake, while it’s nice.......it’s not amazing!

That drink is called Last Typhoon.......it’s made with crushed ice and very nice.......pineapple, passion fruit and grapefruit along with rum of course........it’s nice......but then I haven’t met a cocktail in there I haven’t enjoyed!

Yes, you got the advance story of the key when it was still quite raw.......lol........and yes, not fun......of course we told him if he’d had to have had the door removed by someone professional to get in it wouldn’t have mattered......long as he was in!

Hope you enjoy this one too Janet..........

I’m still pouting I was too sick during our visit to eat anything but bread service and lobster bisque, next time.

It was lush!!! I’m not a huge cake eater in general, much prefer savoury, but it was lovely......

We were so tired. Usually we are happy to take lots of pictures as we have so much time but we just wanted to sleep.......I think this trip we probably took less pictures than usual......it was so hot at times, last thing we wanted to do was stop and take pictures......we just aimed for the aircon buildings a lot.....:D

That cake looks amazing. Hate to say it but nearly impossible to find decent cake in Orlando.

That was the biggest crowd we had ever seen for HHN......we usually go in a little later so miss the crowds at the entrance, but the crowds in the park itself were surprising...…..

That Vamp area was the best thing about the zones...…..yep, musical memories......or as Kyle says just our regular every day music we listen to......lol.....we do play a lot of 80`s music :D

Loved, loved the vamp area. Kyle is a wise son :)
So, we enjoyed our sandwiches, minus the potato chips of course...……

We decided to have a wander around the hotel, during the day it can feel a little like a ghost town, but always pleasant to walk around...…..it is a beautiful resort. Funnily enough we have never stayed here, and I don't think we would, but it is a hotel that gets amazing reviews. I don't know anyone who hasn't loved it.

It was blazing hot again, so we retreated into the cool of the interior of the hotel...….which is even more pretty than the exterior...….

The lobby is another one that has a unique and fresh scent when you enter, it does smell incredibly fresh and clean...….and always sparklingly clean and almost gleaming...….and I don't have heels on today, so no worries about slipping today!!!

There is a unique little indoor area that really just leads to their meeting and banquet area, but there is a nice little store in here to have a meander around......it is very cosy looking with the twinkling lights overhead...….I do like twinkling lights!

Usually when we visit Bar American is closed, apart from once a few years back at night when we did enjoy a drink with friends...…..so when we saw it open today we decided to go in and have a drink and a sit down...….

It is classically designed and very beautiful with darker style wood, but very much of the theme of the hotel...……

We take a seat by the window and Cameron asks what we would like to drink...…..Tom opts for a beer and I had checked out their cocktail menu and nothing appealed to me......so I asked for a dark rum, ginger beer and lime...……he was a little confused as to what type of rum to use, but he had Myers dark, that would be ok...…...I preferred a Zacapa or similar, but Myers worked just as well.

I do love those Pewter tankards...…...we must buy some for home as they do keep your drinks very cool...…..and he had made up a very nice drink...….

We sat for around an hour and just relaxed and passed the time away...…..we were in no rush to go anywhere today so this was very pleasant...….and the young barman was a chatty guy who was lovely to chat to...….

But, eventually we decided it was time to head back home, so we paid our check and thanked him and went out to the valet guys to get an ODC back home. One of them immediately tells us there are none available but to wait two minutes...…..he runs off and we manage to take a couple of pictures before he comes back...……

The main entrance to PBH is quite pretty too...….always love a water feature...…...

As there were no cars available this lovely young man had gone to get a hotel car to take us over to RP.....he said it would be much quicker for us......I whish the valet guys at HRH had been as proactive the other night...….

So, we were heading back to our hotel and he was a lovely guy to chat to......we thanked him as we got out the car and we made sure he got a very good tip for his good deed today.

We went up to our room and the laptop was fully charged...….I let Tom have a go first as I knew he was keen to check it out...….boys and their toys!!!!

Coming up...….a surprise for me that wasn't as expected, and HHN!!!!

Can’t wait to stay there soon! Do find it interesting how the resorts all have such a different vibe. The car service is top notch, always a treat to have them summon a town car for dining within the properties

So, someone sent me a pm and asked if we complained about the SA dining experience.

The answer is yes, absolutely...…..we obviously filled in the survey that comes through after these things. I didn't hold back on that either.

Have also emailed Universal with a long and detailed list of what exactly we felt was wrong with the whole event for us. I`m sure there must be people who enjoyed the food, someone must have had hot food at some point.

The food really was secondary. I had seen previous pictures of the food served and it certainly didn't look palatable, and I wouldn't say I was overly fussy......high standards maybe. But I don't think it was unreasonable to expect food served to be edible and warm. Nor should we have been encouraged to leave as soon as we sat down.

The real disappointment was lack of relevant SA to the theme of the event this year...…..and yes, I`m biased but Michael Myers should have been there...…

So waiting to hear back from the relevant people now.

I do think that since my expectations were set so low after your and mac’s Reviews i’d be disappointed. Totally different tho, had a great time. Pretty much had to shoo the scareactors away so we could eat. I went with tried and true buffet options: salad, chicken & cheesecake. Pretty hard to mess that up.

On a Saturday we had a 5:30 pm time slot but I noticed people lined up at 4:30 pm. Inquired and they said it didn’t matter what time you had, could sign in and be waived into the small holding area. We were 3rd group thru the doors, food was still fresh & hot. I’m sure if it wasn’t properly replenished could go south quick enough.

We were disappointed in the lack of characters at the SA dining too and we only saw Igor, punk vampire, Lady Liberty and the wicked witch who was a hoot. I also made my opinion known on the survey. They also told us the houses were open for us when they were not...maybe to make us leave earlier to make way for more diners. Probably will not do it again.

I agree about the heat ...it was the hottest I can remember in all our years of going in September :sunny::sunny::sunny::faint:

I vote we bring back RHPS too....let's do the time warp again :dogdance:

After 5:30 I had to ask the manager twice where Sam was...she was not exactly pleasant. I pointed out that people were departing their tables and then grabbing pics with him when it was clearly stated you were to wait for scareactors to visit your table...I got an unacceptable shrug. At least the houses were open @ 5:45 pm. We got several done in that area before they opened the gate, which was a huge surprise.

Thanks mac......I`m so glad you like the pictures......it does take you back doesn't it!!!

Yes, he loves that camera and now I doubt he`ll get another camera to beat that one!!! Long as he`s happy, I`m happy...…...:thumbsup2

Men & their cameras! They love them until the next best thing comes along lol

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 20TH

Actually I think today may qualify as the least amount of pictures taken!!!!!

We kind of slept late this morning...….around 7ish we woke up which seemed to be late for us this trip....we put the tv on watched the same weather lady talk about a freakishly hot September we were experiencing......but, we were genuinely loving it......we had no real plans yet today, so once we had more or less wakened up we would decide what to do.

There was no HHN tonight and we did think should we maybe go to the parks today, but we thought we might like to go drive somewhere today....so, we finally got up, showered and headed downstairs for breakfast...….again, it was fairly quiet and a nice way to start the day.

After we had eaten we went back up to collect my bag and put on a bit of sunscreen...….then went out to the car. We had decided to drive up to Lakeland which was on the road to Clearwater...….maybe around 50 miles away.....but one of the Club staff said it had a nice little Downtown area and a lovely lake to mooch around......so, that would be nice this morning, and it was still quite early.

The drive up was beautiful, we know the road of course as we do go regularly this way and it was an easy find to see the turn off......we have been known to take the wrong turn on occasion!!!! Even with a satnav!!!

Parking was easy....there was signposts everywhere...….so we parked in a multi storey between the town and the lake......we wanted to see the town first. It did look small, but had some very cute stores and restaurants......although knowing us we would be done long before lunch...….I can`t spend all day in one place usually, especially as small as this one seemed to be...….one look around a place like this and I`m done, but I do like to see new places all the same.

The town had a central park area...….it was lovely, but we soon noticed the folks sitting in the park under trees and such weren't just enjoying the sunshine, they were homeless. They weren't threatening in any way, and one lady did speak to us, not begging, just spoke a little......we passed a few moments with her and it was sad, as she clearly had issues along side being homeless. Awful to see.

The park did have some very unusual art work around the whole area, actually the whole town did as we would see later...…

We somehow got talking to a lady who was passing as we were exiting this area...…..we struck up a conversation and she was surprised we were taking time out of the parks to visit her little town. We explained we weren't average tourists who visit just for Disney and went on to tell her the places we like to see......she even gave us a couple of suggestions for the future....she was a lovely lady and she explained she was going to a meeting to try and help the homeless who were around the town. Mental health issues were the main reason which is heartbreaking, but they were trying to do something...…she had seen us taking pictures and offered to take one of us together......of course we said we`d love that...…...she was a nice lady and very genuine...…..she gave us her card, she was something to do with Publishing, and said if we ever needed anything or were coming back up this way to send her an email...….it was nice of her, but one of these things you would feel awkward actually doing.

The town itself was small...….there definitely were some beautiful places to eat, but we were too early to even think about lunch...…

And of course, we did notice some more strange architecture around the town...……

We headed down towards the lake to have a walk around there......we had been told there was a lovely garden there you could walk around, so we thought as this was quiet day, we should do just that...…..

We sat on a bench for a while and just enjoyed the amazing tranquility of this beautiful place...….there was hardly a sound around the whole place......a few people wandered past and some seemed to have come out of offices and were having a coffee break...….and everyone who passed us by all said Good Morning and were very pleasant...…...one woman passed in a hurry but still nodded...….I was marveling at how fast she could walk in very high heeled shoes, when we both heard a male voice shout "Carole"...……..lol......we both looked at each other and thought......no way does anyone know us up here...….

And he didn't...…..the lady who had just flown past us was called Carole as she turned around when he shouted her name, and they met up...….but...….it was a strange coincidence...….our friend said later he wouldn't have been surprised if he had known us......lol...…

We wandered very slowly around this beautiful place and I studied the water intently to see if I could see any wildlife...…..not a ripple except for the birds that were hanging around...…..

Hollis Garden was upon us, and it was as beautiful as we had been told...…..

It also looked so peaceful. There was young couple who were having engagement pictures taken, and that was about it, not another person in the whole park...….

And of course, my face is as red as it had been on HHN!!!!! This heat was immense, and despite being around a lake, not a single breath of breeze was around to ease the blazing heat......well, we had been told today was going to be another scorcher...….

However, we set off into the rather quaint but perfectly formed park...….there were lots of separate little areas to explore and I`m sure kids would love this....it did feel a little fairyland place...….

We didn't spend too long here as it was just a garden...…..we did go find a café and had a cold drink then used the bathrooms and headed back to the car which although it was a ten minute walk......it felt like 100 miles with the sun beating down......but at the same time we loved every second of it...…..

We got back to the car and headed out of town...…...as we arrived and got out the car we had heard a whole load of emergency services with sirens going, and I think we were now seeing the reason for them. As we headed out to main highway, we saw a car that had gone straight into a tree in the divide between both sides of the road......the car had been split almost in two. We had missed seeing anything thank goodness, but it does give you a chill when you see something like that.

The drive back down was as always uneventful...…..and even this road is very familiar...….we would be heading back up this way at some point as we wanted to either go to Dunedin or into St Pete`s...…..but that was another day...…..

Once back in Orlando we began to feel hungry......we did plan later to go back in the parks and do the water rides today...….but first lunch.....

We opted to visit Toojay`s……

This deli place is very local, it`s on Sand Lake Road and again in a strip mall type of place.........not too many tourists seem to go here according to the waitress we had today, but it is very friendly and food is good. The first time we visited I wasn't sure, but it was more what I ordered than the place, so we gave it another try and it`s somewhere we try to visit maybe every other time...…

I opted for Strawberry lemonade and Tom got a Dr Pepper????? I always forget he likes that as we never have it at home...….and we study the rather large menu......there are a lot of options from little plates, sandwiches to full dinner plates...…...we just wanted a sandwich today as we were going to Red Lobster tonight and didn't want to be too full...…..

I stuck to my usual shrimp sandwich in a bun, and Tom chose one of their specials...…..Turkey Cranberry Grilled sandwich...….which came with mash and gravy???? but, hey ho...……..

These were good sandwiches!!!!

So much shrimp in mine......I was happy for Tom to take some...….but it was lovely...….his sandwich was gorgeous too and I kinda wished I had ordered it too...….that always happens...he orders something and I think.....I should have got that!!! lol...….

But, it was lovely......and had no room for dessert......they have amazing cakes and pastries.....but not today!!!

We headed back home and straight upstairs to get changed for a quick blast in the park...…..as always with water rides we never take a camera, don't even take a bag...……

We gave Dudley a miss today and instead did Jurassic Park a few times, and we went to Bluto`s Bilge Barges...…...this is such a blast!!!! We weren't surprised by how busy it was this afternoon……but we got on it around four times and got soaked, as you are supposed to on this ride!!! One barge we were on with folks who all had ponchos on......although they did actually look horrified when they saw how wet we already were...….they were also incredibly rude......they barged past a lady who was on her own in front of us and we just looked at her as if to say....some people...….so we let her go on and then we sat down beside her.....just as we were setting off one of the rude family said to me I could tell her when the gush of water was going to hit them...….

My response...……..

Nope. You can find out yourself...……

And they did...….we didn't get hit this time......….most of them did and they got annoyed their shoes got wet!!!!! lol......there`s a reason we had flip flops on......I hate rude people.

The other lady was lovely and we had a good old chat with her as we got off...….her husband was at a conference in one of the hotels and she was just enjoying herself without him...……

We did Bluto one more time and this time Tom and I both got hit by the huge amount that falls...…..it was so cool!!!!

But, walking back to the hotel wasn't fun......my flip flops have no support and now were slippy……..dragging around in wet clothes isn't fun and this is why we keep the water rides for a separate day and not a regular park day...….we managed to get back home without slipping too many times...….darn those flip flops!!!

Back home, we were glad we never ran into anyone.....we looked a mess!!!!! But, it was so cool walking around soaking wet......although we did start to dry off as it was just so hot!!!!

Into the shower and changed, we thought about having a quick snooze, we were quite tired......so we had a very quick 30 minutes, which really isn't enough when you are tired!!!! I think I felt worse when I woke up...……

Quick splash of the face would wake me up!! Then it was Club Lounge time...……

We had seen a lady post she was there at the same time as us...….Shelley......or FeetOffTheTable is her username on here...….we hadn't known it was her but we did get a chance to speak tonight...….she was here with her cute little boy, husband and parents. It`s always lovely to chat to folks from the boards.....and Shelley was lovely...….

We spent our usual time chatting to everyone and we always love doing that...….they are just the nicest of people...…..

Tom doesn't have any wine tonight as he is driving, so he is on Sprite and coffee...….I`m having a blast!!!!

We eventually head to the car and drive down to the Red Lobster at the bottom of I Drive opposite the convention centre…….and it wasn't too busy....we get seated immediately and the guy taking care of us is Dutch and has worked there forever!!! But we had never had him look after us before......and he was lovely...…

My drink of choice is my famous Strawberry Lobsterita…….so nice!!!!

Tom had strawberry lemonade...….it is very tasty in here...….and we get our lovely cheese biscuits...….and try not to eat too many!!!!

We had decided to go with endless shrimp...…it was too good to turn down tonight.....so often we miss this as it`s not on when we are here...….so endless shrimp it was...…..

Tom opted for the shrimp scampi and shrimp linguine, I chose the same shrimp scampi and the sesame ginger...…

It came with fries and broccoli...….none of which we touched...……...

They were all lovely...…..Tom doesn't really like ginger, but he enjoyed the taste of mine that he had...…..

We got a second order, I had the same and Tom just went with the shrimp scampi as the linguine was too filling...…..I did tell him...…so regular shrimp all round...….

Of course it didn't stop us tucking in when he brought us more shrimp we hadn't really asked for...…..he thought we had asked him for a third set...….we hadn't...…..but who can resist shrimp!!! Not us apparently...……

We ate too much.

Although he did tell us the table along from us were on their fifth set of shrimp!!!! We were lightweights...…..

Obviously no room for dessert...…..we sat for ten minutes or so then paid the check and waddled out of the restaurant to the car...….I really wanted to just lay down and go to sleep...…..so did Tom to be honest...…..

However, we perked up as we were off to meet a friend. We ended up having a lovely evening and it was over far too quickly......we could have sat all night.....one of those nights.

But, around 11pm we were back in our room and we were both shattered...…..and we did hope we would sleep a little later in the morning......so I kept the drapes fully closed so no light would disturb us...…..and I swear again, we never even said goodnight to each other, we were sleeping before we knew it...…

Tomorrow was a mini Dis meet and HHN again...….

Why is it the MCO Red Lobster locations food seems so much more appetizing than what I find in my area?

You vacation well! Love how you get out of the bubble to explore. Pretty sweet hat too :)

We did sleep a little later by our standards this morning...…..not getting to bed till after 1ish and getting up early wasn't the best idea this morning..... but awake we were...…….it really would have behooved us to not go into Margaritaville with friends...…..but, so much fun!!!!

But, shower was the first thing on my mind this morning...…..that would wake me up and then coffee...….lots of coffee...….

We went down to Club Lounge a little later than usual, with one member of staff saying they wondered where we were......lol....we are creatures of habit......and one we know very well spotted we weren't as bright eyed and bushy tailed as we usually were...….and it really was lack of sleep.....we hadn't had a lot to drink, 4 drinks the whole night wasn't a lot......but sleep was certainly a little more imperative to us right now...….we felt exhausted!!!!

But, after a few cups of coffee we did feel a little more human and we recounted a few tales of last night and how much we enjoyed it.

We took our time and chatted for ages this morning...….we were in no hurry to go anywhere...….toast and coffee was perfect this morning.

We did need to go to Best Buys though...….the laptop Tom had bought me for a birthday present was displaying some odd signs...….so it was going back and we planned to replace it with the model above it......it was showing as in stock in the store near us. So, back up to room and we chatted briefly to our lovely housekeeper before heading out to the mall.

As we went to leave the hotel we saw our friend and we always adore seeing him, it really makes our day to see him...….he is the busiest man, but always makes us feel like we are the most special people on earth. Truly the nicest man there is. I have a big hug and we have a chat about a load of things...….we do love chatting to him and could stand all day with him...….but, eventually we have another hug and set off out to the car with the offending laptop. We had 14 days to return it for any reason......so that was the plan this morning......and we did giggle about it being another "little glitch" in this trip of little glitches...….lol...….

So, into the car and we drive the five minutes or so to get to Mall at Millenia.....and Best Buy was just before the mall.

It wasn't busy and we went to the Customer Service desk and explained what it was doing......he immediately agreed it was a fault and said they would do a full factory reset so everything I had put on would be wiped...….there was nothing much as it was only days old.

We went over to the sales staff and asked for the higher spec laptop and found out there weren't any in store and we could order one it would probably be in store within 2 days...….well, that was ok, so we went over to get it ordered...…..only to be told ah, there`s a slight problem...….he asked how long were we in town as it couldn't be delivered to them till October 2nd. The day we left. Ah again. So, on our last day we didn't want to be hanging around a store waiting to get a laptop...….so we just got a refund on the original and decided to wait and just get one when we got back home. I had my ipad with me so we didn't exactly need one in a rush...…….

So, on to Mall at Millenia, our favourite Mall in Orlando...…….

I just realized this is another day with hardly any pictures and not much going on really, so shouldn't take long to write up...…..I was determined not to drag this report out too long...….I would hate to take months to complete one!! Well, 2 months is acceptable I suppose.....so I`m hoping it wont be too long before it`s done and dusted...…..

We planned to go to Cheesecake Factory today, but we were eating at Ocean Prime tonight so didn't want too much, and with the best will in the world, you just can`t have a small portion of anything there...…..although if Kyle had been with us, we would have been there regardless. Kyle does love the Cheesecake Factory...….for one thing only!!!

Really, we just fancied a sandwich or something similar...….so we went with Charleys Philly Steaks in the food court......we hadn't eaten at this one before, so after deciding not to have Firehouse Sub which are so good too, we would give this one a try...…..

After studying the menu carefully we opted for a regular cheese steak with jalapenos and no onions for me and Tom went for the pepperoni cheese steak....both with fries and strawberry lemonades...….and they were really nice...……

i-mTf2k6s-XL.jpg

i-Z6jwbk2-XL.jpg

i-fvh84bN-XL.jpg

There were loads of jalapenos on mine I was delighted to say...…..they were both tasty and we would get them again...…..Tom loved his...….pepperoni and beef.....what could be nicer!!! And he got onions which he loved...…..

We sat for a while just watching the world go by. Then we had a good old wander round the stores...……

i-7s3vbsP-XL.jpg

Our usual stops are Macy and Williams and Sonoma......we picked up a few smaller items today...….I got some perfume and Tom got some aftershave, he did need some and hadn't brought any with us this trip...….I wasn't buying any make up till later in the trip when Clinique had their specials on.....I was getting used to buying everything all at the one time to get the gift bags filled with goodies, they were always filled with some lovely little items...….but I did need a chubby lipstick for tonight.......I had finished my favourite one, Mega Melon colour, that I brought with me, and wasn't going to wait till next week to get this...….I`d buy another one next week too as I do go through this one really quickly......

We did wander around and into a few stores but didn't see much...….we would come back to go into Bath and Body for our usual stock up of things for us and gifts for friends who always love to receive items from here...……

Bloomingdales and Pottery Barn and we were about done...…...we did avoid the favourites like Tiffany and LV...…...I didn't want to be tempted, and didn't really need anything right now...…..and if I looked...…...well...……...you know...….

i-pL6w9WF-XL.jpg

i-gvPf2QR-XL.jpg

Williams and Sonoma we picked up a lime juicer...….but, since we got home we cannot find it...….haven't a clue what happened to it, so have bought another one here, but that was better so will pick up another in December...…..just another tiny little glitch...…..

We went into Godiva and got a selection of 12 chocolates……..we picked the flavours ourselves, but have to say, they weren't all great......but, not being the biggest chocolate fan, I was never going to be overly impressed......the salted caramel one was gorgeous though!!!!

i-wdkmppF-XL.jpg

i-ZWbGVw8-XL.jpg

i-jR2nMfJ-XL.jpg

And eventually we wander back out to the car which today was so close as we had gotten a great space so close to the entrance...….little things make us happy at times...….lol

We drove to Total Wine as we wanted to buy a bottle of wine as gift for one of the Supervisors who had helped us out with the car incident a few days ago.....we had sneakily asked a few questions as to what type of wine she enjoyed, and we knew her well enough now to have a good stab at picking one for her......it was just a little thank you. We chose one we would buy for ourselves, a little wine bag and we set off back to the hotel.

We thought we might have a little snooze this afternoon...…….or maybe not.

I can think of no better way to spend a lazy afternoon than binging on one of your TRs! Always discover something i’ve Managed to miss over the years

I’m still pouting I was too sick during our visit to eat anything but bread service and lobster bisque, next time.

That cake looks amazing. Hate to say it but nearly impossible to find decent cake in Orlando.

Loved, loved the vamp area. Kyle is a wise son :)

Can’t wait to stay there soon! Do find it interesting how the resorts all have such a different vibe. The car service is top notch, always a treat to have them summon a town car for dining within the properties

I do think that since my expectations were set so low after your and mac’s Reviews i’d be disappointed. Totally different tho, had a great time. Pretty much had to shoo the scareactors away so we could eat. I went with tried and true buffet options: salad, chicken & cheesecake. Pretty hard to mess that up.

On a Saturday we had a 5:30 pm time slot but I noticed people lined up at 4:30 pm. Inquired and they said it didn’t matter what time you had, could sign in and be waived into the small holding area. We were 3rd group thru the doors, food was still fresh & hot. I’m sure if it wasn’t properly replenished could go south quick enough.

After 5:30 I had to ask the manager twice where Sam was...she was not exactly pleasant. I pointed out that people were departing their tables and then grabbing pics with him when it was clearly stated you were to wait for scareactors to visit your table...I got an unacceptable shrug. At least the houses were open @ 5:45 pm. We got several done in that area before they opened the gate, which was a huge surprise.

Men & their cameras! They love them until the next best thing comes along lol

Why is it the MCO Red Lobster locations food seems so much more appetizing than what I find in my area?

You vacation well! Love how you get out of the bubble to explore. Pretty sweet hat too :)

lol...….I love that hat!!!!!

Oh you can make up for that next time you go to The Palm..........think of their gorgeous steaks and everything else!!!! Gawd, I`m imagining it now too......lol...…

and I`m so glad you had a much better experience with the food at the Scare Actor dining thing than we did......now you mention it, there didn't seem to be anyone behind us at all.....wonder if that was the reason food was so poor......

Oh yes, cameras are an extravagance...….and yes, I`m still waiting for the next one to catch his eye...…..which I`m sure there will be!!! men and their gadgets....

It`s a shame you don't have a good RL near you...….we love it....cheap and cheerful......have to say though, there`s a couple in Orlando I wouldn't set foot in......but that one is stellar and never disappoints...….being so close to the Convention centre might have something to do with that though...…..

The Vamp zone was a classic wasn`t it!!!! I could have danced the night away there...…...

Thanks Janet...…...we do love the way we vacation too......wouldn't suit everyone if you need to fill every moment of your trip with an activity, but we`re quite laid back...….some may say lazy......lol...…..but, glad you`re all caught up and enjoyed it...……:wave2:

I was determined not to drag this report out too long...….I would hate to take months to complete one!! Well, 2 months is acceptable I suppose

"But what am I going to read when you are done??????????? " Said in best whiny voice! I have made your daily entry part of my nightly relaxation time. In the last several years we have traveled to Orlando 3 times; never once been to that mall. On my to do list now. Looks amazing!

"But what am I going to read when you are done??????????? " Said in best whiny voice! I have made your daily entry part of my nightly relaxation time. In the last several years we have traveled to Orlando 3 times; never once been to that mall. On my to do list now. Looks amazing!

Lol.......Thank you, that is so nice to read........Christmas trip report will be starting before we know where we are....certainly it’s a lot shorter of a trip, only 10 nights........but December is such a busy month, but, I’m hoping to get it started soon as possible after we’re home........

Mall at Millenia is beautiful.....certainly the nicest mall in Orlando........a real mix of high end stores and more regular ones.

Good food choices too!!!

Such gorgeous pictures again! What kind of camera do you use now? I know it is in a TR report somewhere. We need a nice point and shoot to take with us. Iphone pics are OK but would be nice to get some spectacular pics!
wish I had remembered to ask Monyk about her chickens
:rotfl: We are just gonna have to coordinate for next year! Think DH was a bit jealous after we got back and heard Dd and I talking...
Also-I have more chicken pics than kid pics on my phone :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Trick r Treat was showing 45 minutes and that could have meant the length of the walk too!!!! It was ridiculous
That walk!! I think I timed it at like an 8 minute walk or something! House was well done though-I think we did it a couple times.

Wow, I got busy for a couple days and look at what I missed, all caught up now though!!!

I agree also on Richter’s, seems as though the food is as good as a pre packed meal these days, milk shakes are still ok though, that probably wouldn’t have been a great idea in that September heat anyway. :wave:

Such gorgeous pictures again! What kind of camera do you use now? I know it is in a TR report somewhere. We need a nice point and shoot to take with us. Iphone pics are OK but would be nice to get some spectacular pics!

:rotfl: We are just gonna have to coordinate for next year! Think DH was a bit jealous after we got back and heard Dd and I talking...
Also-I have more chicken pics than kid pics on my phone :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

That walk!! I think I timed it at like an 8 minute walk or something! House was well done though-I think we did it a couple times.

I just checked with the expert...….it`s a Canon G1X mk 3...…...I always forget what it is, I just know Canon......I`m not the most technical of folks......how I ever got into engineering I`ll never know!!!!

We never carry a phone with us, so a good camera is a necessity......and Tom is really happy with this one......it`s slightly bigger and certainly heavier than a regular point and shoot...….I at the minute have more pics of the rooms we`ve revamped recently than I have of Kyle.....lol......send them to my family to show pics to mum.....she has an old phone that doesn't have a camera.....

We have four trips planned next year so surely we`ll be able to co ordinate one of them!!! I`m glad you had a lovely trip with DD...….

It was only 8 minutes!!!!! Are you sure your timer didn't stop half way...……:rotfl: It felt like an eternity...…..yes, the Trick r Treat house was worth it though:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter