• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Michael Myers returns..and so do we....19 Fabulous nights of HHN, RP & SF Sept/Oct 2018

Wow, I got busy for a couple days and look at what I missed, all caught up now though!!!

I agree also on Richter’s, seems as though the food is as good as a pre packed meal these days, milk shakes are still ok though, that probably wouldn’t have been a great idea in that September heat anyway. :wave:

lol......I`m trying to get through it reasonably quickly...….so it doesn't take months and months to finish!!!!

We last ate there reluctantly, a few years ago at HHN......never again...….we had burgers that didn't taste like any burger I ever ate......taste or texture.....:sick:

Oh yep, milkshakes weren't on the agenda in that heat!!! Actually now I think on it, I couldn't say when I last had a milk shake :confused3

Your meal at Cowfish looked so delicious. That is on my list for when we visit there. One of the boys can be a bit of a picky eater, but he loves a good burger ( he gets that from his momma :rolleyes1 as my dream job would be to do a travel vlog and write about all the different burgers I could eat :rotfl:) It just seems like a great everyone can find something to eat type of place.

I don't know if I would like the SA trying to scare me...yikes :scared1: That might be too much for me lol.
I have a little confession...I finally watched the original Halloween the other night. I have NEVER watched it before. I was a little kid when it came out, and I remember one halloween my parents had went out and we were with a babysitter, and she made us go to bed, because it was " too scary " for us kids to watch. She was watching it on tv, and i remember her screaming at times lol. So i finally watched it, with the lights on. My youngest comes into the living room and asks what I'm watching...and he laughed as he could tell by the music is was an early scary movie. As teenagers we watched all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies...that was our thing to do For that day and age...they were really scary!!!! lol Not like todays show that can be downright creepy. I don't watch many of those when the hubby and boys want to watch them...I'll happily go work on a quilt in my project room :eek::laughing:

We have Charley’s here at home also, I can handle mine with peppers and onions, wife and kids are strictly meat and cheese only.....good stuff!!!

Oh how I miss onions!!!!! It`s been two years since I last ate them...…..

I love, love love onions!!!! Raw, stir fried, baked, stuffed....with more onions...….you get the idea I`m sure!!!! Unfortunately, I can`t eat them at all any more, same with garlic.....I blame age!!!! But, that`s life...…..funny thing is now I still love the aroma of cooked onions, but raw onions make me gag.....and I used to adore that smell!!!!

I always say it could be worse......it could be wine I became intolerant to...…..now that would be a heartbreaker :rotfl:

Love peppers, and I can eat them!!!! :thumbsup2

Your meal at Cowfish looked so delicious. That is on my list for when we visit there. One of the boys can be a bit of a picky eater, but he loves a good burger ( he gets that from his momma :rolleyes1 as my dream job would be to do a travel vlog and write about all the different burgers I could eat :rotfl:) It just seems like a great everyone can find something to eat type of place.

I don't know if I would like the SA trying to scare me...yikes :scared1: That might be too much for me lol.
I have a little confession...I finally watched the original Halloween the other night. I have NEVER watched it before. I was a little kid when it came out, and I remember one halloween my parents had went out and we were with a babysitter, and she made us go to bed, because it was " too scary " for us kids to watch. She was watching it on tv, and i remember her screaming at times lol. So i finally watched it, with the lights on. My youngest comes into the living room and asks what I'm watching...and he laughed as he could tell by the music is was an early scary movie. As teenagers we watched all the Nightmare on Elm Street movies...that was our thing to do For that day and age...they were really scary!!!! lol Not like todays show that can be downright creepy. I don't watch many of those when the hubby and boys want to watch them...I'll happily go work on a quilt in my project room :eek::laughing:

The burgers there are so good!!!!! Yep, there are a good few choices for everyone there...…..we tried the sushi, and although we love sushi, we didn't find it as good there as other places......it`s decent, but not spectacular...…...yes, that sounds like a great job!!!! Food blogger...…...hmmmm…..maybe we should start something here...…..:D

Did you enjoy Halloween though????? It is so scary and incredibly tense...…..I swear it still terrifies me to this day!! I watched it first as an 11/12 year old when I wasn't supposed to be watching it, on a black and white portable tv (1979) at 10.30pm with the volume turned down low so no one would hear I had my little tv on....and in the dark of course..........and yes, I wished I had listened to my very wise mother as it made me sleep with the light on for a very long time...…..:laughing:

We watched Freddie as teens too......it was THE series of movies everyone our age were watching......and Friday the 13th of course......but Freddie was more menacing to me......not as much as Michael of course!!! Now you`ve made me remember all those Friday nights gathered at various friends houses every week watching all those movies with our Friday night treat of candy, potato chips and pepsi……..simpler times!!!

HHN is so much fun!!!!! Maybe one day you`ll try it...….hope so...…...think how much fun your kids would have watching you get terrified while laughing all the time...…..::yes::

So, back to the hotel and we go up to our room...…..Tom has a quick lay down while I send off some quick emails...…..as I`m typing I keep hearing a strange noise......but, can`t quite put my finger on it and can`t quite work out where it`s coming from...….Tom has the tv on so I turn it down and hear the unmistakable sound of a yappy dog.

I look out the window as it does sound muffled, so I wonder if someone is standing underneath our window with a dog......I know we are on the 6th floor but yappy dogs you can hear for miles...…...so, it seemed to stop...…..then it started again...…...I had no doubt now it was a dog and it was in this tower.

I went out into the hallway and could hear it again, but couldn't quite pinpoint it...……

Came back into room and Tom had given up trying to get to sleep with me snooping around like Sherlock Holmes...…..so, he went down to Club Lounge to get some plastic cups so we could make a cocktail in the room...….while I called to report a dog barking.

The first lady I spoke to wasn't much help......she began to explain that Loews were a pet friendly hotel......bla bla bla…...I told her I was well aware of that fact but that T2 was a recognized tower for dogs. So, she wasn't much help at all...…..she said she would send someone up to hear. No one showed...….

Meanwhile, Tom came back up with the cups and then the housekeeping supervisor appeared to let us know there was a dog on the 7th floor and it was a service dog. And of course in America they can`t ask for proof. So, she thought they were checking out but would get back to us...…..we thanked her for the information and she headed out...….

The barking had actually stopped by now so we poured ourselves a rum, ginger beer and lime while we got ready for our evening out...….we also tried to have a snooze but it just wasn't going to happen...….

Once we were dressed we went down to the lounge to sit for a while before we headed out for dinner. We spent a lot of time talking to the new Club Lounge Manager......we had only met her the night we arrived, but we immediately hit it off with her and over our trip we chatted to her an awful lot......she was so easy to talk to and we all felt we had known each other for years...….she is lovely and will be excellent in her role...…and we do keep in touch with her which is lovely......

We had earlyish reservations as we planned to come home from Ocean Prime and head to HHN for even just one house...….and more if we felt like it. So we got an ODC to take us to Ocean Prime on Sand Lake...….this cost $20 plus tip for such a trip. It`s not too far and trips further afield are more expensive.

We got to Ocean Prime in perfect time for our reservation...……

This restaurant is one of our two favourites in Orlando...….the other being The Palm...…..there is a sliver between them and I couldn't honestly choose one.....we love them both.....

i-d8Gp3FF-XL.jpg

As we got out the ODC we spotted this Corvette Z06 Convertible...…..very nice little car!!! Not very practical of course, but would be fun to drive around even for a short space of time...…..

i-3QfVsTt-XL.jpg

Lori, who isn't the manager but is close enough, she more or less runs the place and is so good at it...….she is lovely and we`ve known her a long time now......she always greets you with a massive hug and is always delighted to see you...….the things she remembers is amazing...…she says she is glad we have reservations as it`s a mad house with Magical Dining being on...…..at that Dan comes over for a big hug too......we adore Dan!!!!

He was a fabulous waiter the first time we ever visited and so unique......we chatted a lot about Dr Who and had a lovely evening...….the following year we went back he remembered us in a heartbeat......and remembered the Dr Who conversation...….really nice man, but this was the last we would see of him as he was relocating to Colorado...…...we were so disappointed as he is a super guy who is a real asset to the restaurant...….so this would be bittersweet...….he had been the floor manager the last few years but tonight we were having the privilege of him looking after us...….we were delighted...…….

So, we got our menu`s and Tom began snapping away of course...…….

i-xqCCbwT-XL.jpg

It is a beautiful restaurant...…..tables aren't too close together and it can get a little noisy, but not too overpoweringly so. They have a man playing guitar and singing and he is very good, again not intrusive. There is always a really good atmosphere in here and it is very friendly...…

i-nvM9Mq6-XL.jpg

Dan brings us over our bread choices, and asks us what we would like to drink...…..we are going to have wine, but will start with a cocktail........but we do tell him which bottle of wine we would like for after our cocktail.......our usual Coppola Chardonnay.......he says he`ll bring it when we require it........he knew we were going to ask for that one.....he also guessed which cocktail I would choose......he is good and has a fabulous memory...….

i-H3Hns2J-XL.jpg

As predicted by Dan I opt for my favourite cocktail in there.......Berries and Bubbles........I love this one........they make it tableside and it is impressive to see the dry ice react with the liquid.........

Tom goes for a new one they have introduced......Rye on the Hudson......…

i-g7X62Fg-XL.jpg

i-HLHRcdj-XL.jpg

Tom liked his, but it wasn't his favourite from there........I loved mine as always........it is so fruity and full of flavor and very moreish!!!! But, I stick to one as we have wine coming later...........

For our appetizers I had gone with the simple but delicious shrimp cocktail.........and Tom had gone for his old faithful in here of Surf and Turf which was braised short rib, scallops and a small portion of mashed potato......…

i-9PGLXhw-XL.jpg

i-WJrbdx3-XL.jpg

Oh my goodness they were both divine!!!! Tom had a shrimp, well half a shrimp.....I`m kind of mean.......lol......and I got a half of one of the scallops.....yep, Tom was mean too tonight........but both were gorgeous........

And we got our wine........this is again something that some may find rather dull.......we always get the same wine in here.......we do enjoy a variety of wines and enjoy trying new and different ones, but, sometimes we like familiarity.

i-rHT5Jm6-XL.jpg

Dan and Lori had been popping by our table to chat as the evening went on, and it`s always lovely to chat to them.......Dan was looking forward to overseeing the opening of the new restaurant, but we would miss seeing him.......

I had opted for the twin lobster tails tonight and Tom had chosen the Bone in Filet.......and as always we would share the jalapeno au gratin.......more than enough to share..........

i-g39wNQ3-XL.jpg

i-Ff32fQN-XL.jpg

i-sqnpsRd-XL.jpg

They really were the most perfect steak and lobster.........the lobster was sweet and delicate and the most beautiful texture......Tom`s steak he had asked for medium rare tonight was perfect.......so tasty and so juicy!!!!! We did share a little of course but neither of us really wanted to share with each other......sometimes we do have meals like that!!!!

We had finished and asked Dan if we could have 20 minutes before deciding on dessert.....of course, that was no problem.........

At that the owner Michael came over to say hello and thank us again for being regular repeat customers.......we had met him a few years ago for the first time and he was a very nice man who was very proud of his staff and restaurant.......it was nice of him to stop by tonight and say hello......

Dan came back and we told him we were going to share the Butter cake.......we had always wanted to try it and as we were quite full we thought we would share.......

And when it came out we were glad we had shared one instead of getting a dessert each.........it was large......…

i-P5jdPwX-XL.jpg

And delicious........the ice cream was one of the nicest I had tasted, and although it really was a large dessert , it wasn't too heavy.......

We finished our wine and decided not to have coffee but were going to head off......so we paid our check and went to the front to say our goodbyes......we had said to Dan we would love a picture with him. He said he would love that.....so we took a couple of pictures and had a good old chat before wishing him well in his future move........he said we should visit him sometime and he would take us hiking.......I almost choked with laughter at that thought!!!!

i-z99ZNV4-XL.jpg

We said our final goodbye and Lori had called us a cab to take us back to the hotel......we told her we may see her in December with our son.....she said she`d be there...…

This really is our favourite kind of restaurant...…..

Our cab driver was very nice and ironically had worked at RP when it first opened.......I often wonder why folks end up doing what they`re doing when they don't really enjoy it.....he said he`d love to get back in to the hospitality industry.........he was nice.

Back at the hotel we paid the cab and headed in........on the way up in the elevator I said we`d get changed and head out to HHN.......I honestly didn't have the energy.......so I was very relieved when Tom said did I mind if we didn't.......he was shattered!!!! I said oh thank goodness I`m exhausted.......we did laugh at how ridiculous we must have sounded.....it was around 9.15pm!!!! How old were we!!!!

So, rather sheepishly we indeed decide that around 9.30pm on a Saturday night in Orlando, we were going to bed as we were shattered!!!

So, we climbed into bed and put the light off.......Tom was sleeping in seconds......but something immediately stopped me from falling into a deep, deep sleep.......

Yapping dog was back. I sat up and listened closely......although I didn't have to try too hard.......I shook Tom who was naturally over the moon at me waking him up to tell him about the dog.......why can men fall asleep so quickly anyway!!!!

It was constant. By now I was awake, Tom was awake and not happy about it.......not the time to request a picture lol.........we gave it 10 minutes as we thought the owner may be in the shower, or bathroom.......but 15 minutes later we called Star Services to report it.......the lady was much more sympathetic than the one earlier and said that was unacceptable and they would send someone up to our room, would we still be there........we thanked her and said we were going nowhere as we were in bed......she was so apologetic although it clearly wasn't her fault...

As we waited the dog barked the whole time........now I love dogs, I really do......but if you have a dog it shouldn't infringe my life in any way.......so this was annoying.......we were shattered and just wanted to sleep.........

15 minutes later we get a knock on the door from security.......I am in my jammies and I just don't care.......he says he has walked the corridor and can`t hear a dog........seriously, I can hear it from the door........I tell him to come in and he`ll hear it then.......

He does. Immediately.

He tells us they'll try and contact the owner and then they`ll go in with a cage and take the dog down to an area where they keep the dogs, give it water and food and the owners will be fined. But they will remove the dog. We thank him and he set off.

It took an hour for the barking to cease. I guess they tried to contact the owners and then finally removed the dog..........

By then, we weren't as tired which was even more annoying.........but eventually we fell over.

In the morning we found out the dog was supposed to be a service dog!!!! Well, if its so necessary that you can`t be without the little yapper as you can`t function without it.......why the hell are you able to leave it for hours on end to go do HHN!!!! As a service dog the owners can book any room not just in T2 as all pets are put...….there is nothing the hotel can do about it......unless it becomes a nuisance which it clearly had tonight. We found out in the morning others had complained too.

People like that ruin it for everyone else who do genuinely need a service animal.

But for now, all we wanted to do was sleep.

Did you enjoy Halloween though?????

I did. It was not as scary I thought it would have been. The acting is quite cheezy lol. And I did giggle a little as some of the deaths...but his appearing and then disappearing is unsettling.

I'm sure the boys ( I need to update my signature as they are almost 18 and 16 now ) would LOVE HHN. They often laugh at their mom and they do try to scare me. Life with boys is certainly an adventure especially after having no brothers and only sisters lol.

Last edited:
I did. It was not as scary I thought it would have been. The acting is quite cheezy lol. And I did giggle a little as some of the deaths...but his appearing and then disappearing is unsettling.

I'm sure the boys ( I need to update my signature as they are almost 18 and 16 now ) would LOVE HHN. They often laugh at their mom and they do try to scare me. Life with boys is certainly an adventure especially after having no brothers and only sisters lol.

Lol.....yes it was a bit cheesy at times.........the deaths were a little OTT at times.......very exaggerated.....but it freaks me out every time!

But, yes, the suspense was what made the movie.......and what was slightly missing from the new one.......it was the fact he was pure evil and couldn’t be reasoned with in any way that scared me a lot.......that mask!!!

Oh yes, I know that feeling of being teased by my boy and husband......they love seeing me terrified as they know I love it really!!

So they’re 18 and 16 now!! Oh you gotta go to HHN before they’re up and gone........there’s always a few of us around at the same time usually.....it is fun!!

I had a few brothers and they loved to tease me .........although mostly that I cried every week watching Little House on the Prairie..........loved that show! But sheesh did it know how to pull at your heartstrings.........miss that show!

I’m so glad you’re reading along and enjoying it.........:wave2:

How frustrating about the barking dog! I'd be upset as well.

A true service dog is so well behaved, you normally don't even notice their presence.
We had one on our flight to Orlando last week. The dog didn't make a peep!
And we saw it a few days later at Magic Kingdom....again, working as a service dog and oblivious to everyone/everything but it's owner.

saw the pic of the shrimp and first thought was to wonder what size they were...huge and so fresh looking! Then, I saw the dual lobster tails and nearly swooned. :cloud9: Steak looked amazing too. Cannot wait to show the hubby, have a feeling he’ll be lobbying to visit it sooner vs later. :thumbsup2

A true service dog is so well behaved, you normally don't even notice their presence.
And we saw it a few days later at Magic Kingdom....again, working as a service dog and oblivious to everyone/everything but it's owner.

Yes, genuine service dogs don’t behave like that........we saw a couple this trip too and you wouldn’t have known they were there.

Our complaint was that genuine service dogs don’t get left for hours at a time away from their owners who are supposed to need them with them at all times............so we didn’t believe it was a real service dog......I don’t think the hotel did either........this seemed to be someone who just wanted their dog to stay with them but not infringe on their time........

The hotel were fantastic though dealing with it.......and we did get to sleep finally.........and they checked out next day! Thankfully!

Glad you’re still reading along.........:wave2:

saw the pic of the shrimp and first thought was to wonder what size they were...huge and so fresh looking! Then, I saw the dual lobster tails and nearly swooned. :cloud9: Steak looked amazing too. Cannot wait to show the hubby, have a feeling he’ll be lobbying to visit it sooner vs later. :thumbsup2

Lol......they were huge!!! And so tasty........both shrimp and lobster!!

Oh yeah........he’ll want to visit there too ::yes:: Steaks are always fabulous there too.......I really was torn between the filet and lobster!

Lobster won out as I can have a taste of Tom’s..........usually!!!! :D

Dinner looked A-ma-zing! How wonderful to have staff that remember you too. Truly good management there, for long term staff to stay.

This! Most places have become so fearful of online negative reviews that they cater to the WORST people instead of the best customers. And you can ask what service the animal performs and to demonstrate that-perfectly legal. And if there’s any doubt the animal is true service dog- have the person acknowledge in writing they agree to to terms of being ejected and fined if animal displays any aggressiveness or disturbing of others. True service dog owners know the bad apples are really spoiling it for them. Glad RPR was able to take care of the situation instead of just hopin it’d go away magically on it’s own (like Disney does with ALL the bad apples- pet peeve that Disney rewards bad behavior). Ok rant over :flower1:

Sometimes-you just need sleep. Even on vacation-makes you feel so much better when rested!

Caught up once again, loving all your adventures and the few glitches, ugh!
The older I get, I am less tolerant to noise in my hotel room. I hate noisy people and dogs, so disrespectful especially at night.
Love all your yummy food pictures even if it is only 7am here, lol!

Dinner looked A-ma-zing! How wonderful to have staff that remember you too. Truly good management there, for long term staff to stay.

This! Most places have become so fearful of online negative reviews that they cater to the WORST people instead of the best customers. And you can ask what service the animal performs and to demonstrate that-perfectly legal. And if there’s any doubt the animal is true service dog- have the person acknowledge in writing they agree to to terms of being ejected and fined if animal displays any aggressiveness or disturbing of others. True service dog owners know the bad apples are really spoiling it for them. Glad RPR was able to take care of the situation instead of just hopin it’d go away magically on it’s own (like Disney does with ALL the bad apples- pet peeve that Disney rewards bad behavior). Ok rant over :flower1:

Sometimes-you just need sleep. Even on vacation-makes you feel so much better when rested!

Dinner was so good!!! We love going there a lot...….everything is very special from food to service...…..

Yes, we were glad they rectified the yapping dog situation fairly quickly...….oh I agree......it`s awful seeing folks trying to cheat the system or complain to get a freebie and it`s encouraged!!!

And yes, we just wanted to sleep!!!! We were definitely feeling the burning the candle at both ends this trip!!!

Caught up once again, loving all your adventures and the few glitches, ugh!
The older I get, I am less tolerant to noise in my hotel room. I hate noisy people and dogs, so disrespectful especially at night.
Love all your yummy food pictures even if it is only 7am here, lol!

Thanks Caroline...…..yep, the glitches were certainly prevalent on this trip.....lol......but hey ho...…

I can never understand why folks have to make noise in hotel rooms when they know there are others around them......it`s not hard to be considerate. And yelling in corridors...….why!!!! I don't expect folks to whisper, but why the need to yell!! Especially at 6am......thankfully this trip we didn't get disturbed this way.

Glad you like the pictures...…..:thumbsup2

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 23RD

We slept like logs all night!!!! Although admittedly I did wake up around 3am and listened intently to see if I could hear any dogs......not a sound.....thankfully.

We slept a little later again this morning......we were having another day away from the parks till HHN tonight...….so we could take our time and have a relaxing day. We don't usually take as many days doing things away from the park, but we were feeling the mixture of late nights, early mornings and the extreme heat of this year...….we did try to sleep later than usual, but here we were again and it was barely 7am. But, we were awake...….and it didn't look like we were going to fall back over.....

We took our time again and got showered and dressed and headed downstairs for our usual relaxing breakfast...…..I mentioned to one of the girls about our dog fiasco last night and she said they had several calls complaining about it...….mostly from folks who were concerned about the dogs welfare at being left alone...….nah, I`m not that compassionate...…..I just wanted the little rat to stop yapping!!! She did laugh at that and said she`d have been the same.....

The people were claiming it was a service dog. Yet, left it for hours on it`s own.

We really did take our time this morning and sat for ages chatting and passing the time away...…..Tom enjoyed some scrambled eggs again this morning while I stuck to white toast......with my usual toppings of cream cheese and grape jelly......love it!!! We had a few cups of coffee and soon decided we should move and go get sunscreen on and head out for the day. We were planning on going to one of our favourite little towns, Mount Dora. It really was beautiful and full of quaint little stores that were unique to them.....I always feel as though I`m stepping back in time a little when we visit to a time less rushed and more peaceful.

On the way out we were delighted to see our friend again......we did laugh and say we weren't stalking him!!! We had another good old chat and when we told him where we were going he told us Mount Dora had a lovely little farmers market on a Sunday.....we like things like that......he also told us about Lake Eola Park on a Sunday also had a larger farmers market, we decided we would do that the following Sunday......we chatted a bit longer and it was really lovely seeing him again today in almost the same place as yesterday.

So, we set off to the car park which was quite busy today with it being Sunday......it would be quiet again tomorrow I`m sure...….

Tom won the chase to drive up, so "we" decided I would drive home...….as long as we didn't have lunch in a place that served cocktails.....then all bets were off...…….

It is a lovely drive up to Mount Dora...…..and again, it`s a very familiar road to us now and we do enjoy the drive up to the town...…

We find our favourite little car park and it`s full, but luckily a man is reversing out of a space and we manage to get that one......although there is plenty of on street parking and a good few car parks around, we do like this one.

And it was searingly hot today...….so we do try and walk in the relatively shady side of the street...….every little bit of shade helped!

But, heat or not we do love a wander around this gorgeous little town.

i-3L6XSTS-XL.jpg

i-nZSMbRq-XL.jpg

i-K2fqkq2-XL.jpg

There are loads of little stores and plenty of food and drink choices...…..we had enjoyed some seafood and also some Cuban food on previous visits......you wouldn't be stuck for choice looking for food options...….

Then we came across the little farmers market...…..

i-Gd8H9t3-XL.jpg

It was the friendliest little place. Lots to sample and you genuinely didn't feel under pressure to buy anything...…..people were chatty and the vendors didn't push their products at all...…...and when they heard the accent they became more chatty. Many of them had relatives that were from or lived in Scotland which for such a small market was unusual...…..but we had some lovely conversations...…..one lady told us where her relatives lived and I said it was quite near where I grew up, haven't lived there in 40 years, but she did ask if I knew their name...….lol...…

i-NpdnPn7-XL.jpg

i-MBz6N39-XL.jpg

We would come back up and go through the rest of it after we had gone down to the waterside...…...we always enjoyed a walk down here and admired how beautiful it was every time...……

i-LsqWJFv-XL.jpg

We first had a walk to the left through a little area where it was just homes, and I loved those trees that cloaked the whole road and gave some relief from the heat of the day......they were unbelievably old and so pretty...….

i-HhFmW8z-XL.jpg

We turned as it was a dead end, and went back down past my favourite apartment building in the town, which was of course the purple one...my favourite colour.

i-ZVKMKks-XL.jpg

The view over the lake is beautiful and the water is so still, yet hides all sorts of creatures and reptiles that fill me with horror so I try not to think about them as we wander down the pontoon...…….we chat to the guy who does the tours and he does say oh you`re back again when he sees us...…..yep, we had seen him a few times this year...….very nice man with an amazing knowledge of wildlife particularly on and in the water. He is forever trying to sell us a tour around the lake, and I `m forever telling him no thanks!!!! No way am I going out on that lake knowing what`s in it...…...he does laugh and says we`d be perfectly safe.....hmmm. No thanks...….

i-cQDK7WM-XL.jpg

i-SN52j5J-XL.jpg

I do however marvel that anyone would go out in a lake full of reptiles that will happily feed off you for fun in a tiny little boat this size!!!! I had seen Lake Placid...…….lol...…..

i-bjpdfk9-XL.jpg

And of course Jaws, although I knew there were no sharks in there......…….loved this meme though!!!!

i-J6GcHbR-XL.jpg

i-LCfjDgn-XL.jpg

There are some little benches down at the end......and they were thankfully under some decent shade...….and there was a cooling lake breeze, so we sat down and enjoyed the views and the tranquility...….although we had been joined by a young couple who sat on the other side...….even so, it was still so quiet and tranquil...……we could spend all day just looking out over the water.

I had always lived by the sea. I love living close to the water but never really feel the need to be on the water or in it.....hotel pools filled that desire well enough. I don't love things that live in the sea. Unless I can eat them...…...

There were plenty of folks out on the water on a variety of different vehicles...…some fairly large that looked safe and others that wouldn't have been safe in a bath tub!!!!

i-q9v9pb6-XL.jpg

i-HbK38wM-XL.jpg

We enjoyed this little haven for around 20 minutes before heading back up to the town and market, and then of course we would be looking for somewhere to have lunch...…..

Your Ocean Prime dinner looks wonderful! I love your drink- it's fitting for Halloween with the dry ice!:thumbsup2

I do love that purple house! I remember your pictures of it from your last visit! Can't get away with a purple house just anywhere, though! There it's just lovely!

Agreed about noisy folks in hotel rooms :crazy2: My pet peeve is door slammers at all hours of the night/early am...so many people simply don't know how to close a door without letting it slam loudly behind them - lost sooo much sleep this way when traveling.

We once stayed at a place with thin walls and a baby SCREAMING at the top of her lungs on and off throughout the entire night. Poor thing was probably not feeling well. But have to admit I was glad when they checked out the next day.

Your Ocean Prime dinner looks wonderful! I love your drink- it's fitting for Halloween with the dry ice!:thumbsup2

I do love that purple house! I remember your pictures of it from your last visit! Can't get away with a purple house just anywhere, though! There it's just lovely!

Oh it really was one of the nicest meals...…..and I adore that drink......very dull, but I get it every visit.

Yes, purple isn't a colour I `d have for a home, or a car, or even a handbag really...….and it has to be the right shade of purple whatever I buy......but that apartment building just seems to fit nicely there...….:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter