Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

I wouldn't be so sure. I'm on hold now, supposed to check in tomorrow (20th) and they're trying to put me in a hotel room. They said I should have gotten a letter... we ONLY found out because we're here in a Grand Villa right now and my sister is trying to make a reservation on property starting the 20th and they told her they can't make any hotel reservations because they are holding reservations for all of the campground reservations that are displaced.

They say they will definitely not be open until next week according to Fort Wilderness reservations. I'm on the phone right now with the Guest Services people that we will all get rerouted to eventually. She know someone who works at the Fort and just called there directly and they said it will be next week at the earliest.

The online system hasn't yet been updated.

No worries Lady Di. The Fort will still be there in December. I'll post some pics on Wednesday after we move in.

j

Teamubr, If you have time to give us a report, please let us know if you were able to check into the Fort today - MinnesotaChill has just been told that they aren't going to open until next week?!?!?!?

Yes, I'm still on hold. No check in tomorrow. They have my number now and SHOULD call me back before check in tomorrow with relocation options.

Teamubr, If you have time to give us a report, please let us know if you were able to check into the Fort today - MinnesotaChill has just been told that they aren't going to open until next week?!?!?!?

Correction I meant if you are able to check in tomorrow Teamubr

I wouldn't be so sure. I'm on hold now, supposed to check in tomorrow (20th) and they're trying to put me in a hotel room. They said I should have gotten a letter... we ONLY found out because we're here in a Grand Villa right now and my sister is trying to make a reservation on property starting the 20th and they told her they can't make any hotel reservations because they are holding reservations for all of the campground reservations that are displaced.

They say they will definitely not be open until next week according to Fort Wilderness reservations. I'm on the phone right now with the Guest Services people that we will all get rerouted to eventually. She know someone who works at the Fort and just called there directly and they said it will be next week at the earliest.

The online system hasn't yet been updated.

Did you have a reservation for a cabin or a campsite?

Just as a hunch I just tried to book Hoop Dee Doo for tomorrow and was able to book it, or at least wish I could of been there but it let me book a meal at 4:00pm. Not sure how much this is helpful.

Did you have a reservation for a cabin or a campsite?

Do you think they might open the campsites first and the cabins later? We have a reservation for 2 cabins starting 9/27 and a third on 9/29 and I am in a mild panic (again)

Yeah I'm wondering if maybe it is an issue with cabins, I find it odd that they would re-open the restaurants with the rest of the campground still shut down. As for myself I'm anxiously awaiting a report from Teamubr or PAHunter or Rusty..........

We are due to check in to a campsite for 10 nights on the 26th. Have decided to just breathe and what will be will be. We will still be at Disney, whether in a hotel room or at the fort. It is out of my control. If not reopen by Sunday I will call and sort our reservation out then.

Opening tomorrow at 8am according to the gate at The Fort. I spent two hours being tossed around by reservations for no reason.

While I'm sorry for your runaround, I'm really happy to hear this!!! I was really hoping you had some crazy cm on the phone who was drunk and giving you the wrong information...

Was there a sign on the gate, MinnesotaChill? Or do you mean what a gatekeeper told you? If there was actually a SIGN on the gate, that would almost be considered "official" from Disney, I would think! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Website has now been updated to confirm Wednesday opening, online res shows it booked solid until Saturday, which seems odd- i suspect they havent updated the system to show availability sooner?

Website has now been updated to confirm Wednesday opening, online res shows it booked solid until Saturday, which seems odd- i suspect they havent updated the system to show availability sooner?

Potentially. It could also be a 'buffer' in case a few sites here or there aren't ready, certain loops can't open, they need time to get all of the people transferred in, etc... They might want some room to shuffle people around and gradually fill up, as needed, before they go to 100% occupancy.

Potentially. It could also be a 'buffer' in case a few sites here or there aren't ready, certain loops can't open, they need time to get all of the people transferred in, etc... They might want some room to shuffle people around and gradually fill up, as needed, before they go to 100% occupancy.
I was thinking the same thing. For now we have a Res starting Saturday and a backup Res at KOA beginning tomorrow. if anything opens up we will move over sooner...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter