Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

Was there a sign on the gate, MinnesotaChill? Or do you mean what a gatekeeper told you? If there was actually a SIGN on the gate, that would almost be considered "official" from Disney, I would think! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Just read the official post on the Disney website! "Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen on Wednesday, September 20." :-)

what about mickey's BBQ?

It will be interesting to see what happened to that building. It was one of the ones (the other being the whole Tri Circle D Horse Barn and complex) that was going to be relocated if the DVC was ever built behind Pioneer Hall and Trails End. The BBQ Pavilion was to be rebuilt over behind the Settlement Trading Post and the TCD was going to up near where the Horse Ride corrals are now. If the BBQ Pavilion received too much damage from Irma, why rebuild it there then in the future rebuild it again behind Settlement? They might do without it and at some point begin implementing the relocation plan on it in the new location. So in other words, Mother Nature may have advanced that part of the plan.

Then again I could be wearing my conspiracy theory tin foil hat receiving radio signals from SkyCommand.....:music::rotfl:

Bama Ed

PS EDIT: Oh sure, now WDW posts message that BBQ will resume tomorrow along with HDDR. Oh well....

It will be interesting to see what happened to that building. It was one of the ones (the other being the whole Tri Circle D Horse Barn and complex) that was going to be relocated if the DVC was ever built behind Pioneer Hall and Trails End. The BBQ Pavilion was to be rebuilt over behind the Settlement Trading Post and the TCD was going to up near where the Horse Ride corrals are now. If the BBQ Pavilion received too much damage from Irma, why rebuild it there then in the future rebuild it again behind Settlement? They might do without it and at some point begin implementing the relocation plan on it in the new location. So in other words, Mother Nature may have advanced that part of the plan.

Then again I could be wearing my conspiracy theory tin foil hat receiving radio signals from SkyCommand.....:music::rotfl:

Bama Ed

PS EDIT: Oh sure, now WDW posts message that BBQ will resume tomorrow along with HDDR. Oh well....

The Disney site shows availability for 2 this Saturday at the BBQ.

EDIT: I was checking while you were editing :)

Just read the official post on the Disney website! "Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen on Wednesday, September 20." :-)

It looked like there were a good number of cars at the entrance parking lot; not sure if they were CM or the like.

Im going over by 8am in the morning to try getting a site. I'll post up here what I find out. Hopefully I get a site assigned, then I'll run over to pick up the golf cart at 9.

j

Im going over by 8am in the morning to try getting a site. I'll post up here what I find out. Hopefully I get a site assigned, then I'll run over to pick up the golf cart at 9.

j
Keep me posted, i'm thinking about doing the same tomorrow evening, but it would be good to know if you succeed!

My husband just checked in!!!!!!

He went over without the 5er and got in line. He's got his site assignment and is going in at 8 to check it out. He said there are about 40 rigs in line waiting to get in.

The are doing a grand re-opening ceremony at 8 with a food truck, photo ops and ribbon cutting and then letting people in. We'll go over later today with the rig when things quiet down.

Jim's got pictures posted over on the September trip report thread.

Jim's got the reopening pictures posted on the September trip report thread.

Great Picture. Ok now lets get on with some Camping / Pictures of the Fort...... I hope it didn't blow my rocking chair away..

17 days till the Fort......

I posted an update and some pics in the September thread, but I did a little drive through.

It looks like the cabins and the east side loops (Big Pine Drive) are all open.

These loops are the ones I saw barricades or couldn't get to because the road was closed.

100, 200, 600, 900, 1000, 1100 and 2100.

There is still a lot of work going on, but looking across through the trees to the closed loops, they look to be in pretty good shape, so I don't think they will be closed long.

j

Losing track of which thread is which.

Sorry to cross post, Denise.

I made it to my site in 1400. The east side loops, except for 100, 200 are all open and look great.

Closed loops as of this morning are:
100, 200, 600, 900, 1000, 1100, 2100. I didnt drive through all the cabin loops but the main turn in by 2200 was all open.

WELCOME HOME! Everybody.

j

I posted an update and some pics in the September thread, but I did a little drive through.

It looks like the cabins and the east side loops (Big Pine Drive) are all open.

These loops are the ones I saw barricades or couldn't get to because the road was closed.

100, 200, 600, 900, 1000, 1100 and 2100.

There is still a lot of work going on, but looking across through the trees to the closed loops, they look to be in pretty good shape, so I don't think they will be closed long.

j

I cant thank you enough for posting on your experience yesterday. I feel much better about my trip now.

How is the rest of the resort doing? The Settlement? Meadow? Waterfront?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter