MAY WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

I have been sooooo bad! wine, ice cream, cheese - you name it, i had it last few days.

:)
here I said it - i got it out of my system, it's out of the way now and focus on healthy living.

Okay -- lets think about WHY you're doing this, and what you can do instead of eating next time. Are you bored, lonely, _____, ? Next time when you feel that emotion, decide you're going to sit through it (it's uncomfortable) and journal what's going through your head. Then you can work to strategize what you're going to do next time those feelings come up instead of eating.

Free-for-All Friday! What would your dream job be, given no education, income, or hours challenges?

tenor.gif

What would your dream job be, given no education, income, or hours challenges?

Great question!

Taking in my strengths/talents, and the things that make my heart sing, I often think Imagineer would have been the perfect job. If only I'd known such a thing existed! I do love to create things, make things work, make peoples lives better thru how things work. In Imagineering, the combination of art and engineering would have fit me to a tee.

Looking forward to the weekend. Don't have anything specific planned, but I do know it needs to involve not being stuck in the normal routine.

Have a happy and healthful one!

I would love to be a labor and delivery nurse. I started out in school to be a nurse and then got lazy and got my degree in Office Administration. I wen to school to be a secretary! It was easy and I didn't have to work for it and I didn't have to take Psychology. I would love to go back to school for it now but I don't want to work those hours and I really like my job now. There is no incentive for me to go back.

I would also love to be a stay at home mom. I can do that now but then we would have to go back to living like we did when we had the kids. No vacations, no extras and well I can't give up my Disney so I am not leaving. Plus the kids are older now and at the age that helping out at school no longer happens. Though I do get to be a chaperone for each of their field trips the zoo. I do have a job that has made it easy for me to help out at school. I really do work for a great company. It is a family first mentality here. My boss has twin girls that are 15 and he does most of the Dr. appointments and stuff like that so he understands life with kids. He is great boss and I hope he never leaves.

Hello! I didn't know what W.I.S.H. was until today.

I started at 290 at 6'2" a little over a year ago and I'm at 180.8 today. Being able to ride all of the rides at Disney World was a factor in me deciding to lose weight and to try to get more healthy. My mom also died from cancer a year ago in April and my size put me at a much higher cancer risk. I also have quite a few family members with diabetes and I didn't want that either. I also had trouble sleeping and I had some back problems. I feel so much better now!

My biggest thing is using the MyFitnessPal app on my phone which lets me know what I'm eating and how many calories that I have left for the day. I use it to track my progress from day to day and I enter in my weight into the app once a week. The app also calculates my walking and adds that to my total goal for the day. I got a Season Pass to my local Six Flags and I use that as motivation to walk. On the days I go to the park I walk between 10-15 miles and I try to do that once a week when the park is open. I also gave up soda (which was a very slow and hard process for me) and I don't eat red meat on a regular basis anymore. I love steak, but now that's a once in a blue moon thing and not a multiple times a week thing. I also switched from white rice to brown rice since it's supposed to be better for my colon (my mom died from colon cancer). I had my first colonoscopy at 31 or 32 and all is clear so far.

My starting weight for the month was 181.8 and I'm hoping to get to 176.8 by the end of the month. So -5 pounds for May! I'm also hoping to hit my calorie goal every single day, start weight training on a more regular basis and walk a little more since it's so nice out.

My next major milestones are 110 pounds lost (I'm only 0.8 pounds away) and 116 (which is 40% of my initial body weight). I'm not really sure where I want to end and I'm more worried about maintenance than achieving a particular monthly weight loss goal.

I started at 290 at 6'2" a little over a year ago and I'm at 180.8 today. Being able to ride all of the rides at Disney World was a factor in me deciding to lose weight and to try to get more healthy. My mom also died from cancer a year ago in April and my size put me at a much higher cancer risk. I also have quite a few family members with diabetes and I didn't want that either. I also had trouble sleeping and I had some back problems. I feel so much better now!

My biggest thing is using the MyFitnessPal app on my phone which lets me know what I'm eating and how many calories that I have left for the day. I use it to track my progress from day to day and I enter in my weight into the app once a week. The app also calculates my walking and adds that to my total goal for the day. I got a Season Pass to my local Six Flags and I use that as motivation to walk. On the days I go to the park I walk between 10-15 miles and I try to do that once a week when the park is open. I also gave up soda (which was a very slow and hard process for me) and I don't eat red meat on a regular basis anymore. I love steak, but now that's a once in a blue moon thing and not a multiple times a week thing. I also switched from white rice to brown rice since it's supposed to be better for my colon (my mom died from colon cancer). I had my first colonoscopy at 31 or 32 and all is clear so far.

My starting weight for the month was 181.8 and I'm hoping to get to 176.8 by the end of the month. So -5 pounds for May! I'm also hoping to hit my calorie goal every single day, start weight training on a more regular basis and walk a little more since it's so nice out.

My next major milestones are 110 pounds lost (I'm only 0.8 pounds away) and 116 (which is 40% of my initial body weight). I'm not really sure where I want to end and I'm more worried about maintenance than achieving a particular monthly weight loss goal.

Welcome! You are doing awesome with your weight loss.

:welcome:

Welcome, and congratulations on the success you are having! This is a great group... hope you will enjoy it here.

Free-for-All Friday! What would your dream job be, given no education, income, or hours challenges?

I have two dream jobs: sports radio/blogger or travel writer. I wish that I could just sit, watch sports, and talk sports all day long. I actually studied journalism in college because I hoped to become a SportsCenter anchor. Similarly, I would love to travel to various locations around the world and then write about those experiences.

Okay -- lets think about WHY you're doing this, and what you can do instead of eating next time. Are you bored, lonely, _____, ? Next time when you feel that emotion, decide you're going to sit through it (it's uncomfortable) and journal what's going through your head. Then you can work to strategize what you're going to do next time those feelings come up instead of eating.

to be honest we were away for long weekend with few friends and their families. We were active but I we didn't spend much time in one place and there was not many healthy food options as there are in Dublin when eating out. Plus the drinks in front of the fireplace at night.

IN one of the towns we were, there was no shop! Not even one. Just a pub and ice cream shop. I have been only peak season before and there was a small shop.

Honestly - the kids played their socks off. We stayed in house with most amazing views! We had bbg, lovely company, ran at the beach for hours, visited few towns during the day, haunted house tour and family outdoor events. Enjoyed the company of friends we love and met a wonderful aunt and her husband of one of our friends - they own the fab house with stunning views. It was great fun - frankly sometimes eating fish and chips to be finished with ice cream and chilling out with glass of bubbly in front of the fireplace while enjoying complete chill out after spending hours outdoor.

I think I am more confident now compared to years ago and I can let loose and get back to normal quicker without making big deal of it. I would have had troubles doing this when I lost weight 2016, I would have felt more guilt. I have zero guilt - I truly enjoyed myself.

If there were healthier food options I would have probably opted for one few of the meals, if I known the shop would not be open I may have brought more food but considering I am at my maintenance range and it was as weekend away I wasn't going to eat from containers and I was so insanely busy in work on Friday - I got no chance to drop by the shop after work before the trip. I also wasn't willing to sit without meal when everyone is having their dinner, I have done it before but I am in different place right now. I think when I was 10 kg heavier I would have viewed this differently.

The concept "the healthiest lifestyle I can honestly enjoy" is still my goal. I went back home and cooked meals for me and the family. Last night we were out and I picked up roast chicken and few bags of salads instead of pizza. I have delicious meals cooked for today already. And that's my healthiest lifestyle for today - but for last weekend my healthiest lifestyle went as far as skipping starter and putting some veg on my bbq plate, and anything more wouldn't have felt as happy.

Last edited:
spamming you with pics from the beautiful countryside of Ireland. That was one of the pubs we had fish and chips - it was so remote and so perfect to eat fish and chips :). Any other choice would have not felt right. The house is not over looked and doesn't have curtains. It's all about stunning view and natural lights, sunset and sunrise, happy children playing outdoors - I feel there are days that spending time thinking about my weight and healthy eating is perfectly fine and right now there are days that it's much healthier and happier not to

However back home I have no intention of eating the same way and I am back to normal. I think listening to phit and phat has helped me lay off the unnecessary drama

i joint the free phit and phat 5 days back to group on facebook. She is really awesome - love her. Did anyone else join?

So weirdly I posted on Thursday answering the topic of the day but it isn't here! Maybe I didn't hit post reply oh well.

Well - I also enjoy most aspects of my current job which is essentially supporting children's development but I also love travel but don't get to do it nearly enough - so maybe a way to combine them both would be my dream job.

spamming you with pics from the beautiful countryside of Ireland.

Gorgeous pics glad you had a good time :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well it is Mother's Day morning here and my kids are downstairs making me breakfast - we are going to a movie (and taking my mum) this afternoon - I know today is not going to be a very healthy day - but I will be back on track tomorrow.

Wishing all the Mothers a wonderfully spoilt day where you feel loved and appreciated :flower1:

Today was my weigh-in for the week, down to 276.6. Which is 1lb weight loss for the week. Really, any loss is great, but I'm struggling with feeling a bit disappointed with two weeks in a row of only 1lb losses. We went out and got ourselves a treadmill for the house, but we have to actually get it downstairs and get it set up today. Got to hang out with friends yesterday, which was fun. Also got myself a couple of new pairs of trousers, which I had the usual 'fat person' frustration of shopping for clothing. I'm apparently right between two sizes which means I have to wear lose trousers with a belt, but I imagine in a few more weeks I'll be a size down. I got trousers that don't have elastic in them so I have a better idea of what my actual waist size is, which is helpful.

Just trying to do little things here and there, trying to work through everything little by little. Being able to chime in here with others who are also going through the same process is really helpful for me, since I don't have any real-life weight-loss buddies.

I feel your pain. I lost a grand total of 0.2 pounds this week. I hit my other goals in terms of caloric intake and exercise, but it still didn’t give me the numbers that I wanted to see on the scale.

As you lose, it gets harder and harder to go down. There are many different factors that could have impacted the numbers. Such as since it’s a lot warmer out, I’ve been drinking a lot of water so I may be retaining more water weight. I’ve also been lifting weights more, so some of the fat loss may have been offset by muscle gain. Finally, I’ve been eating more protein bars to help with weight training and trying to get into a more manageable 1700-1800 calories a day instead of 1500, so that may have hurt me too.

If you believe in your program, keep at it because you’re getting results. I’m down 109.4. You may also look at what you’re eating and see what you can cut. Like if you drink soda, consider cutting back a little until you’re able to cut that completely. Sodas have no nutritional value and are just empty calories. I love the stuff and it took me months to finally cut it from my diet.

I feel your pain. I lost a grand total of 0.2 pounds this week. I hit my other goals in terms of caloric intake and exercise, but it still didn’t give me the numbers that I wanted to see on the scale.

As you lose, it gets harder and harder to go down. There are many different factors that could have impacted the numbers. Such as since it’s a lot warmer out, I’ve been drinking a lot of water so I may be retaining more water weight. I’ve also been lifting weights more, so some of the fat loss may have been offset by muscle gain. Finally, I’ve been eating more protein bars to help with weight training and trying to get into a more manageable 1700-1800 calories a day instead of 1500, so that may have hurt me too.

If you believe in your program, keep at it because you’re getting results. I’m down 109.4. You may also look at what you’re eating and see what you can cut. Like if you drink soda, consider cutting back a little until you’re able to cut that completely. Sodas have no nutritional value and are just empty calories. I love the stuff and it took me months to finally cut it from my diet.

Thanks for the advice. I know some of it is probably that I just started to add in additional exercise that may certainly be effecting it a bit. I don't really drink soda due to recovering from a stomach ulcer, so it's mostly water. We did have a couple of nights out with friends, which I probably didn't eat so much to gain weight, but it probably was higher calorie days than the ones where I count every calorie. When your spouse doesn't diet, you can't really convince them to eat healthy every day, so I try to limit it to 1 or 2 nights a week that we eat out and I try to eat light when we do.

Whew. Glad the weekend is over! Saturday was the big drive over the mountains to see the in-laws. My brother in-law from Kansas was there. He's lost 25 pounds since he was diagnosed as diabetic. He was surprised at how much he actually had to lose. This whole process has been eye opening for him. It was also eye opening for DH. He asked a lot of questions, which was good. He's an exercise fiend but also a huge chocoholic. He's been feeling bummed lately because he's about 10 pounds over where he wants to be. Yeah. Not a lot of sympathy from me! We listened to a couple podcasts of phitnphat and he really enjoyed them. I did, too!

Saturday was a lot of eating. Lunch was too small (geriatric-sized portions) so DH and I went out and each got a hard-boiled egg and an apple for snack. Dinner was great fun with three nieces, two of their spouses, and seven of their children plus brother in law. It was so great to see people. The last time was in July when one of their brothers got married.

Today DS2 came home and brought me a peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen. Mmmmm Since it's Mother's Day I made everybody go for a walk after dinner. I love it when they have to listen to me!! I'm under calories for the day but just barely. We won't even talk about yesterday!

HappyGrape, I love the photos! It sounds like a wonderful time.

Arazia and Helvetica you are doing great!

Have a great week DISers!

Second thought. I read the question, and I didn't want to answer it. To avoid answering I went in defense mode, giving all excuses without giving the true answer or giving the question honest chance. I didn't want to even question my behavior, as I am too embarrassed and I think I know better, I don't do better so I may as well throw 100 excuses to justify the fact that

I was not hungry when the cake arrived after dinner but I ignored the lack of hunger and said yes, followed by drink or two and more snacky foods. And the honest truth is that I don't want to do that anymore but I have not let go of that behavior yet. I wasn't lonely or bored. Could it be fear of loss pleasure? Lost opportunity to indulge? But if I am not honest about it, I will keep doing it.

Thanks @lovesmurfs for your question - it is really spot on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter