MAY WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

Thanks for the advice. I know some of it is probably that I just started to add in additional exercise that may certainly be effecting it a bit. I don't really drink soda due to recovering from a stomach ulcer, so it's mostly water. We did have a couple of nights out with friends, which I probably didn't eat so much to gain weight, but it probably was higher calorie days than the ones where I count every calorie. When your spouse doesn't diet, you can't really convince them to eat healthy every day, so I try to limit it to 1 or 2 nights a week that we eat out and I try to eat light when we do.

Sorry to hear that your weight loss is only going slowly. I think you should just watch the trend over the next few weeks and see if your weight loss pattern changes. A lot of women find that there are times during the month when they lose easier than others. So, two weeks is too short to see if it is just a blimp or a real issue.

Also, it seems that eating out with friends might be something that holds you back a bit. I believe very much that becoming unsocial in order to speed up weight loss is not the right way to go about. There is an article by a Canadian weight loss doctor who says that weight loss (and then maintaining) should be about trying to lead the healthiest lifestyle that you can maintain for ever. Fast success sounds like a great prize, but look at what cost it comes with if it meant that you lose all your friends and anger your spouse in the meantime!

However, since this might be one of your special challenges, I think you should try to go in these events with a plan. If it is possible to go to a place that tells you the nutritional information, try to convince everyone to go there instead of a place where calories are a mystery. Look at the menu beforehand and plan what you will be eating. If you want an alcoholic drink, inform yourself about what kind of calories they have. A small glass of dry white wine will have far less than a tropical cocktail for example. Try to form a plan and try to stick to it. It won't work every time, but the more often you can do it, the better. And it will give you the confidence to truly enjoy these evenings without constantly thinking about what you just ate and how this might affect the scale at the next weigh in.

Happy Monday everyone! I am so happy to see that we have so many new people active on this thread. I think I might be one of the oldest participants right now and I have to say that these threads have truly helped me so much over the years. While my weight has been up and down and I never reached my lofty goal weight, I would say that I have been able to maintain a fairly healthy weight for most of the time. I can only encourage everyone to take part in the chating as the more you put in the more you get out in my experience!

I am back at work after 4 days off last week for the sinus surgery. Felt great yesterday, but of course today the sinus is feeling rather uncomfortable. But I am seeing my doctor later today anyway, so will discuss it with him then.

The last days have been not too good. I could not be bothered to track and ate some junk. But also good food. The scale is up, but that is still in the normal fluctuation range, so can't really say what the result was. As of today I am back at tracking. Unfortunately no exercise for another week, so I am missing that in my weight loss efforts...

spamming you with pics from the beautiful countryside of Ireland. That was one of the pubs we had fish and chips - it was so remote and so perfect to eat fish and chips :). Any other choice would have not felt right. The house is not over looked and doesn't have curtains. It's all about stunning view and natural lights, sunset and sunrise, happy children playing outdoors - I feel there are days that spending time thinking about my weight and healthy eating is perfectly fine and right now there are days that it's much healthier and happier not to

However back home I have no intention of eating the same way and I am back to normal. I think listening to phit and phat has helped me lay off the unnecessary drama

I wish I could hit "LOVE" instead of "Like!" Thanks so much for spamming!

Happy Motivation Monday! Post something about what motivates you. This can be a picture, meme, quote, or something personal.

I could use it, even though I know motivation is something that's created by action -- you can't just wait for motivation to come and settle in. I feel like little mini decisions are taking me down the road to the weight I don't want to be. I'm seeing a drop in my activity, followed by an increase in eating. Stupid thing is that, after a few weeks of maintaining, I actually lost about 4 pounds last week.

So back to basics again this Monday morning, even though the weather was too bad to walk from the train station, which got me in too late to get to the fitness center before work. I'm traveling to Phoenix tomorrow for work -- will be gone until really early Saturday morning. Bringing my workout stuff and WILL use their fitness center (and walking trails!). I've already carved out the time within the conference, and put it on my calendar.

fitness-motivation-gym-inspiration-quote-saying-meme-workout-tone-and-tighten-waiting-for-a-sign.jpg

Motivation Monday:

I am motivated by small successes. There's a phrase I've heard before that says: "The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time." Not that I'm going to eat an elephant, but any long-term project or goal usually requires setting small ones along the way. At work, it might be finishing one part of a project, or feeling like an important influence at a meeting. At home, it might be doing the dishes or cat boxes. On my weight loss journey, it might be weight loss, or managing to meet step goals, or other things like that, though I try not to focus too hard on the scale and more on how I feel physically. (I've learned in the past that the scale can lead me to losing motivation.)

Yesterday, we managed to get the treadmill all set up. It required going back to the store and getting the key which they forgot to include when we picked it up. On the plus side, we were reminded to pick up some free-weights to work on upper body as well, and had enough store rewards points from the purchase of the treadmill to get forty dollars worth of weights for free. I haven't worked on my arm muscles in a long time, so we started with picking up 5lb, 10lb, and 15lb weights. Hilariously, I have to teach my DH who has never really done weight-training before how to do it. I also had to show him how to use a treadmill properly. :rolleyes1

I'll make this my inspiration for the week - choose to be happy. I'm in a much better mental/emotional place than I was a few weeks ago, and very relieved to be out of the funk. Now I need to focus all my efforts on loosing some weight. I'm just over a month away from my trip to Alaska and I want to be feeling good while I'm there. If I could drop 2 pounds per week that would be -8, which would sure feel great. I just have to do it.

Mid-month I'm off target on all of my goals: I threw out a lot of veggies yesterday, that didn't make it in to smoothies and got too old. Then at the grocery store I thought I was going to be real smart and bought a big container of mixed greens, thinking that would be better than getting things individually, but I made a drink using them last night and didn't like the taste at all - I drank it anyway because I knew I needed to get the greens in to my body.

Happy Monday everyone!

Just be the healthiest you can be in the moment. Says the girl who is starving but going to bed because it is bedtime not dinnertime! I'm probably just thirsty so will have a big swig of water before I hit the hay.

Good morning! Traveling to Phoenix this morning for a conference. Working to plan food and exercise in advance -- will be there until late Friday.

Topic Tuesday! What is your kryptonite, food-wise? In other words, is there a food (even one that might otherwise be good for you or "not so bad for you") that you cannot keep in your house because it is so irresistible that you might binge on it?

What is your kryptonite, food-wise?

upload_2018-5-15_7-20-39.png

It even looks like a drug in that picture, doesn't it? Doesn't even matter if its in the house or not, if I want it I'll go get it. And I do. Yesterday was super hot, with an 88 degree high, and all I wanted for dinner was ice cream. So I went to the grocery store and got some: didn't even bother putting anything else in the basket to make it look like I had an valid reason for being there. Just a big ol' bucket of chocolate chip mint. And I ate it. I'm going to own it, but also need to not do it again.

Cheese is probably my biggest challenge food. It can be just regular cheese, or fondue cheese, or cheese bread.
In general, I just really like cheese.

Last night, I had a french onion soup, and I actually was good and removed all the excess cheese. But if you stick Brazilian cheese-bread in front of me, there are no promises.

Sugary beverages. I'm off soda, but I still like anything with sugar. Juice, V8 Fusion, Red bull, Vitamin Water, whatever. I can do pretty good with everything else, but I want that sugar in my drinks.

Also steak. I know that because of my genetics that I should stay away from red meat, but it's hard for me to resist.

Mid-month I'm off target on all of my goals: I threw out a lot of veggies yesterday, that didn't make it in to smoothies and got too old. Then at the grocery store I thought I was going to be real smart and bought a big container of mixed greens, thinking that would be better than getting things individually, but I made a drink using them last night and didn't like the taste at all - I drank it anyway because I knew I needed to get the greens in to my body.

Hang in there you can turn it around :-) I hear you on throwing out veggies/fruit though - I do this way too often and just think of all the $$ I am throwing in the bin.

Topic Tuesday! What is your kryptonite, food-wise? In other words, is there a food (even one that might otherwise be good for you or "not so bad for you") that you cannot keep in your house because it is so irresistible that you might binge on it?

Soft-Drink although I have switched to sugar free. Chocolate. And yes chips - I can also eat a whole packet without realising it o_O

Peanut M&Ms.
I love them too - once there here I also can't stop - I have them every so often for a treat.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It is already my WOOHOO Wednesday - I am woohooing
  • A great afternoon at work
  • Making good choices this week - I am eating 2 pieces of fruit each day (I can't tell you when I have ever done that!!!)
  • I had dinner out with a friend last night and I chose as healthy as possible - grilled barramundi, salad and a side of sweet potato fries that was share with my friend. Oh and a glass of wine - but when all was tracked I was still under calorie goal for the day.
  • The scale is moving downwards.

Yes, I'm a bit late on Woo Hoo Wednesday -- I'm in Phoenix for a conference and I realized I'm now 3 hours behind the east coast people, and way behind the European ones!

Woo Hoo Wednesday! Tell us your successes this week! This could be a scale or non-scale victory, or just something that makes you smile to think about!

Mine is that I went hiking for 3 1/2 hours yesterday afternoon in Phoenix -- I took the hard trail, which really flattened me. Overall for the whole day (includes airport walking), I did 13 miles, 246 minutes of exercise, and over 30,000 steps - an all time high! I slept particularly well last night!

Woohoo... the "trade show" booth I put together for our recognition meeting went very well, a couple times we heard "this is the coolest thing here", which was, well, cool. One of the projects featured in the booth was robotic picking, packing and sorting of merchandise, and we had one of the robots in the booth... not humanoid by any stretch of the imagination, it looks kind of like a cross between a Rumba vacuum cleaner and a skate board. But it was something tangible and something people outside of our immediate area haven't had exposure to, so we had a steady crowd around us. And doing the booth goes hand-in-hand with my word of the month "visible", as I was there with two of our managers and held my own talking with people... and felt totally comfortable the entire time, which was cool.

Other than that, lets see, the changes I made in the supplements I take is really making a difference, I'm starting to remember things better, like getting everything at the grocery store - in one trip. I got my hair cut over the weekend and now almost all of the old color is gone, just a few tips here and there.

Happy Wednesday all!

The scale has forsaken me, but I’m doing pretty well otherwise. I’m below my caloric goals and I’ve been exercising a lot more. I walked for 7 hours on Sunday and I’ve been much more regular with my weight training. I’m using light 5 pound weights and I’m lifting every day. I do much better if I have a routine.

I think I may need to see my doctor to find out if I’m dealing with stubborn fat or lose skin. I know that dropping over 100 pounds can lead to excess skin.

I am back at work after 4 days off last week for the sinus surgery. Felt great yesterday, but of course today the sinus is feeling rather uncomfortable. But I am seeing my doctor later today anyway, so will discuss it with him then.

The last days have been not too good. I could not be bothered to track and ate some junk. But also good food. The scale is up, but that is still in the normal fluctuation range, so can't really say what the result was. As of today I am back at tracking. Unfortunately no exercise for another week, so I am missing that in my weight loss efforts...

hope you recovery quickly and feel better after the surgery

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter