MAY WISH Goals - Monthly Thread

@DisLiss :welcome: to the DIS and our little group here! I see that you made your first post on our thread!!

--

My woohoo for the week is that I finished my last project from the old job!! It is so great to finally be rid of it (there is still some tidying up to do, but the main bulk is gone). At the end I really hated it, mainly because I just wanted to focus on new things!

Not so woohoo is that I am struggling with my allergic asthma this year. The birch trees are in full bloom and it really affected me. I have upped my inhalator dose, so hopefully I will be able to get more air soon. Also not so woohoo was my choice at lunch. Not sure what possessed me there. But I only had the choice between two dishes, one marginally better than the other and I chose the tastier one. I think I need to avoid going to the work cafeteria on Wednesdays because that's the day they offer this dish... I should try to make sure to always bring my own lunch on Wednesdays.

Woohoo... I have eye brows! What an intense emotional roller coaster. After hearing "blood" and "bleeding" for the 6th or 7th time, I wanted to run like the wind. Evidently they were supposed to have sent me an email saying don't take fish oil for several days, or Aleve, or drink caffeine. Yah, well, I was three for three. But I'm well pleased with the results, my left brow is darn near perfect and my right brow is good but will need a little touch-up in a month or so, which is normal. They are super dark right now, and a little shocking but will fade out in the coming weeks. I'm sure people are going to be staring at me all day trying to figure out what's different.

This morning I actually heard the weatherman say "We seem to have turned the corner into Spring"! No more excuses for skipping an evening walk.

Last edited:
Hey. My name is Zia and I'm pretty new to Disboards, but on a whim I searched to see if there were others trying to lose weight here. I've struggled with my weight for most of my life (overweight since I was a child). I've managed to lose weight before, but I haven't been able to stick with it on the long term due to health issues, or stress, or other things cropping up that generally make me give up the fight. Due to a recent bout of health issues, high blood pressure, etc. I decided I need to really make this the year of focusing on fixing some aspects of myself. So, I started off at 280lbs, and I'm down to 268.6 as of last Sunday. My goal for the month of May would be to get out of the 260s and into the 250s. My ideal end-goal for my weight-loss journey would be to get out of the 'obese' range and into just regular 'overweight' on the BMI scale, which for me is around 200lbs. I want to get there, and then figure out how to maintain it in the long term.

Woohoo Wednesday has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss but it’s made me feel good lol. All caught up in washing, ironing and putting away laundry so for the next half hour at least ( before youngest son goes to bed) I have an EMPTY laundry basket!!!!party:
I swear my washing reproduces at night when no one is looking :lmao:

Woohoo Wednesday has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss but it’s made me feel good lol. All caught up in washing, ironing and putting away laundry so for the next half hour at least ( before youngest son goes to bed) I have an EMPTY laundry basket!!!!party:

HUGE Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations!! I call my laundry "Mount Washmore."

:dancer::laundy::dancer:

Hey. My name is Zia and I'm pretty new to Disboards, but on a whim I searched to see if there were others trying to lose weight here. I've struggled with my weight for most of my life (overweight since I was a child). I've managed to lose weight before, but I haven't been able to stick with it on the long term due to health issues, or stress, or other things cropping up that generally make me give up the fight. Due to a recent bout of health issues, high blood pressure, etc. I decided I need to really make this the year of focusing on fixing some aspects of myself. So, I started off at 280lbs, and I'm down to 268.6 as of last Sunday. My goal for the month of May would be to get out of the 260s and into the 250s. My ideal end-goal for my weight-loss journey would be to get out of the 'obese' range and into just regular 'overweight' on the BMI scale, which for me is around 200lbs. I want to get there, and then figure out how to maintain it in the long term.

Welcome!

Woo Hoo Wednesday! Tell us your successes this week! This could be a scale or non-scale victory, or just something that makes you smile to think about!

My Woo Hoo - I hit 20,000 steps yesterday! First time in a long time that I was all green!

View attachment 320162

Congrats on hitting your steps!

My Woo-Hoo Wednesday is that I squatted 200 lbs as my workout weight (5 sets of 5 reps) this morning. That's about 2/3 of what I eventually want to squat for workouts, but it felt like a lot today.

I somewhat understand where you're coming from. I do the laundry in our house. There are only two of us. I do it regularly, but it always seems like there's more to do.

My Woohoo. It was a great day. I ate really good and by the grace of god it was the first day in weeks/months that we didn't have any kid activities. DH had a bad headache so I too the kids to the rec with me. They went swimming while I worked out. I also got a lot of work done at work and I am very excited that our new way of booking appointments is working out great. It has only been 24 hours of using it but so far so good. So all around a great day.

On Monday my weight at the dr office was 151.2 but today on the scale at home was 148.4. I am going to go with this number to lose my 5 pounds.

Topic Thursday! Tell us your favorite vegetable, and share your favorite ways to prepare it. Bonus points for recipes!

I think my favorite veggie is green beans (or broccoli). I have a grill pan for veggies -- I love to cut up whatever I have in the fridge, season with whatever mixed seasoning I might have, toss with oil and grill them. I also love roasting veggies, but I don't do them as much as I'd like (think it has something to do with the time it takes).

Over the winter, we discovered the versatility of cauliflower - I even used it for pizza crust one night, like mashed potatoes another. We'll be working on more recipes going forward!

My favorite is green beans, broccoli and asparagus. The green beans and broccoli just get steamed. The asparagus we lightly drizzle with olive oil or lightly spray with coconut oil sprinkle some kosher salt on them and back in the oven until cooked.

+++++++
I weighted myself again this morning and I went from 148.4 to 148. I am a happy camper this morning. I tracked my food yesterday and eat really good. I did eat a snack close to 10 last night by my calories at that point were only 760 so i had 2 severing of tortilla chips.

Today will be a bit harder to get a work out in. I was going to try and get to the rec right after work but we have determined I wouldn't have enough time before leaving for DS's soccer game. I will eat good and try to get in what I can today.

Favorite veggies... well, I love the green beans at WDW, but rarely eat them any other time. And at WDW I'll even eat the broccoli that comes with the salmon at Columbia Harbor House, but will rarely eat it otherwise. Other than that I think I like sweet potatoes and carrots the best. How do I like to prepare them? However the cook at the restaurant wants to is fine with me.

My favorite veggie is broccoli. As a kid I loved broccoli with cheese, but now I prefer it steamed, or better yet Home Chef introduced me to the wonderful joys of mashed broccoli. My wife and I even bought a potato masher that we use to make mashed broccoli, mashed carrots, and mashed sweet potatoes (also one of my favorite veggies).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter