~ May 25, 2015 ~ Disney Dream

welcome Heather, this will be my first cruise as well and there r a couple more here going on their first too. Jyoung is in charge of the FE and should be along soon but yes it is an exchange of gifts between those on the list. I chose not to do it, just want to be lazy lol. also look for the fb group!

I am interested in the FE group for the May 25th Disney Dream Cruise. We are Disney fans, but this will be our first ever Disney Cruise. Can anyone tell me how the FE group works? Do I bring gifts for everyone above on the list? Any info is greatly appreciated to this Cruise newbie

Heather,
Here is some info that might help answer some of your questions. Please let me know if you would like to join in the fun or if you have any question I might be able to answer for you. It us a fun activity to add to the cruise.

So what exactly is a "FE"? Well FE stands for Fish Extender. You sign up to be on a master list that gets sent to all the participants. Once on the cruise you leave the present at the recipient’s door with a note identifying who you are (or not...the rules are very lax). Easy right? Don’t worry, I know you still have questions. Hopefully I can answer some of these for you.

Q. Why is it called FE (Fish Extender Exchange)?

A. Well when you’re on the cruise you’ll notice there is a metal clip in the shape of a fish right next to your cabin door. This is used by Guest Services to leave you messages.

(img:4405181606054)
Q. How do I make or get a Fish Extender?

A. Well keep in mind a fish extender is just an overly Disney decorated pocket organizer. They are fairly easy to make and you can find many tutorials on the disboards. Here are some links.

No Sew FE Instructions

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325613

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30302583&postcount=609

You can also purchase them online. The best places are probably ebay or etsy. Just make sure you search under “fish extender”. Prices can range from appx $10 to $40

Q. What are the gift giving rules?

A. Hmmm … “Gift Giving Rules”; This question comes up so often in so many forms. "I don’t want to spend a lot of money; What do I give? Do I have to give everyone in the same room a gift? Do I give a gift everyday?" The answer is simply do what you are comfortable with. The general rule is at least one gift per room.

Q. What do I give out?
A. Anything you want. Some people make or buy items related to Disney, the cruise location, or something that represents their home state or country. Below is a link to a lot of great ideas

Homemade FE Gift Thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

I hope this answered some of your questions. If you have any more please ask.

I wanted to updated everyone about the FE group. We currently have 19 cabins signed up to participate in fun. We are going to cut this group off at 20 cabins. After we have cut this group off, another group can be started.

I hope everyone is ready for the cruise as we are only 71 days away.

Below is the current FE list for the May 25, 2015 Disney Dream cruise.

2525 - Julia, James & Jaley 6 (DD)
5152- Scott (DH), Brandon (DB), Onyx- 22 (DS ), Kieran-20 (DS)
5154- Sabrina (DW), Zoe-16 (DD), Karsen-13 (DS), Zara-10 (DD)
2542 - Kristy, Chad, Gavin (male 11)
6600- Amanda, Stephen, Alyson 14 (DD), Dylan 9 (DS)
8652 - Harrisons - Tamantha 37, Rob 43, Savannah 15 (DD), Dylan 13 (DS)
8654- Waltons (with Harrisons, different cabin next door) - Sarah 36, Dave 38, Saige 8 (DD), Dylan 5 (DS)
10047- Simmons - Mark, Nicki, Erick 16 (DS), Sydney 12 (DD)
5540- Robin, Kaylee 22 (DD)
6096 - Tripp, Amy, Hunter 8 (DS), Xander 5 (DS)
5052 - Lisa, Scott, Grace 7 (DD)
10550- Jonas, Jessica, Alexander 7 (DS), Catherine 4 (DD)
10538- Christina, Tasha (DD), Natalie (DD), Diana (DGM) (all adult)
8026 - David, Julie, Faith 16 (DD), Alison 12 (DD)
5011- Nichole, Chase 7 (DS)
8502- Ashley, Peter, Averie 4 (DD and birthday girl 5/24)
9658- Tam, Ken, Ben 13 (DS), Drew 11 (DS), Jack 8 (DS)
12512- William, Jennifer, Amelia 14 (DD), Andrew 8 (DS)
#### - Dawn, Caitlin, Lilliana 5 (DD and birthday will be 6 on 5/28)
6094- Rachel, Michael, Kieran 16 (DS), Elanor 6 (DD)

*This group has been cutoff now. We have 20 cabins. For anyone who is not on the list but wants to be part of a FE group, please feel free to start another group. We have updated this on the FB page as well.*

Thank you

Last edited:

Looks like we procrastinated checking this FE list too long! :( I'd be willing to start a second list but I don't know what I'm doing so I don't want to mess it up! Also, I'm not sure I've had enough posts to be able to do it anyway. One question I do have that I haven't seen an answer, is the etiquette to leave one gift per cabin per cruise or is it something more? This is our second cruise and we didn't have a fish extender on our first cruise.

Hello, my family would be interested in FE as well if you do start a second group! I'm a little late to the party. It's our first cruise and I am just finding out about all this! I have an 8yo girl and a 6yo boy.

Eeek! this group completely fell off my radar for too long! I thought I signed up for FE back in October but I'm not on the list. Please put me back on. Please, please! We did FE on our last cruise (just Emilie and me), and it's one of the things Adi is most looking forward to. This trip will be her first cruise.

Cabin 7690
Annie - mom to two great daughters:
Emilie - age 13
Adi - age 13

Last edited:

Robert, I'm happy to try to lead one if you're not sure. I was part of an FE group in 2009. It was really fun.

So, Disney Dreamers, if you're interested in joining an FE, pm either me or RobertPerrin25 and we'll add you to the list. :goodvibes

Hi All,
I'm willing to compile a second list for a FE group.
So, Disney Dreamers, if you're interested in joining an FE, pm either me or RobertPerrin25 and we'll add you to the list. :goodvibes

Yeah, just PM either of us and we will add you to the list. We'd like to limit the list to 20 cabins, just like List #2, and close it on April 20th so that everyone on the list will have time to get gifts together. Please be sure to let either of us know if you have any allergy or gift restrictions that you want added to the list.

Hi! This will be our first Disney Cruise; really our first cruise! We are taking our DD who has been asking to go on the "Mickey Boat" for the last two years (she'll be 7 and is a complete princess-aholic).

I see a few other Louisiana families, we live in South Louisiana as well. We will be driving and I'm hoping to get a little park time the weekend before we board.

Welcome Jill! Are you interested in being part of a Fish Extender group? If so, let me or Robertperrin25 know a.s.a.p. We're forming a new group but will close it off at 10 families because we don't want it to get too large. FEs are a fun thing to do on a Disneycruise. You can read all about them on earlier pages of this thread.

I'm having technical difficulties and can't seem to send PM's to anyone! we are:

5166 - Jason, Jill, and Lila (DD 7)

Hello! My name is Maki. This is our first time joining FE even though this will be our eighth cruise^o^

We have a family of four,(Mark, Maki, Amy 10, and Jake 7) from Atlanta Georgia.

Our state room is 8622.

If we can still join the second group, that would be great!

Hi! Just learned about fish extenders.... Is it too late to join?

Last edited:
I think they are closing the list by April 20; post your info here if you cannot send a PM to one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter