***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

I'll be there May 3-4. Staying at HOJO. Wasn't planning a trip this year, but when I managed to get a ticket to the Star Wars Night, I couldn't pass it up. Will be going alone this time, but kind of looking forward to the freedom. It's been 3 years since the last time I went by myself.

We will be there May 19-26. My youngest daughter is graduating from high school the weekend before we leave and Disneyland is where she wants to go for her graduation trip. We haven't been to Disneyland since 2009 and they were just building World of Color, so we're excited to see everything. Also... first trip with no young kids!

Seems we are going the exact same days!!!
We will be there May 19-26. My youngest daughter is graduating from high school the weekend before we leave and Disneyland is where she wants to go for her graduation trip. We haven't been to Disneyland since 2009 and they were just building World of Color, so we're excited to see everything. Also... first trip with no young kids!

Has anyone heard anything about special events/meals for Mother's Day? I believe DLR usually does a couple of special brunches or special items in some restaurants.

We'll be there! May 19-25!! Last minute work trip, so I am excited to get this bonus vacation AND get to come back to DLR!

PaloAlto Networks Ignite 2018 is at Anaheim Convention Center 5/21-5/24, 2018.

I guess I will jsut buy the maxpass once htere right before i enter the park.. that is ok right?[/QUOTE
It’s my understanding you can’t purchase until you are through the turnstile and officially in the park. Once in you can purchase and get a pass for either park.

As noted on another thread. Be sure to already have your cc loaded on the DL app- and know your 3 digit code so you don’t have to dig your credit card out.

Dilemma -

arrive late Friday, 5/18 and spend Sat/Sun with DH in the parks. Then Monday/Tues on my own while he's at a convention. Stay Marriott. This would be a birthday treat for me plus some MUCH NEEDED adults-only time for us before kids are out of school. I would miss being home with the kids most of the last week of school. Then we return 2 weeks later as a family for 9 nights visiting Yosemite/Northern Cal.

OR

Arrive late Sat, 5/19 and spend Sun in parks with kids (10 & 13) and DH. Then Mon-Thurs. without DH, kids and I play in the parks. Stay Residence Inn on Katella. Family time. Would result in some spoiled kids - missing the last 4 days of school. They have camp and 2 vacations already planned for the summer. By my numbers this is $1000 more than option 1.

I can't decide! Be selfish with "me" time or have them skip school (which is workable according to school policy if they work hard till then)????

Last edited:
Personally I would go with #1 since you said you NEED adult time and its for a birthday treat. You already have tons of plans to spoil your kids over the summer... (PSA: I am not a parent so I am not sure how much my opinion counts here..! )

Dilemma -

arrive late Friday, 5/18 and spend Sat/Sun with DH in the parks. Then Monday/Tues on my own while he's at a convention. Stay Marriott. This would be a birthday treat for me plus some MUCH NEEDED adults-only time for us before kids are out of school. I would miss being home with the kids most of the last week of school. Then we return 2 weeks later as a family for 9 nights visiting Yosemite/Northern Cal.

OR

Arrive late Sat, 5/19 and spend Sun in parks with kids (10 & 13) and DH. Then Mon-Thurs. without DH, kids and I play in the parks. Stay Residence Inn on Katella. Family time. Would result in some spoiled kids - missing the last 4 days of school. They have camp and 2 vacations already planned for the summer. By my numbers this is $1000 more than option 1.

I can't decide! Be selfish with "me" time or have them skip school (which is workable according to school policy if they work hard till then)????

We are arriving on 5/18 as well, and I am attending a seminar Monday & Tuesday. We chose to leave the kids at home, actually we haven't told them we are going other than "mommy has a work trip". Hubby is looking forward to his "me" time on Monday & Tuesday.

I say be selfish!

Woo hoo! Bonus trip booked. We are booked for a longer trip June, but I got an opportunity to take my kids in May and I jumped on it! Flying in from San Francisco - May 4 - 6 with 5/5 being our only park day (and 1 park only) to save money. We are booked in a Family Suite at Desert Inn and Suites. We have never stayed there so hopefully it is clean. We don't spend any time in the room.

All booked for my trip next month. Decided to spend the money on the Grand Circle Tour and the Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour. I have a feeling there might be some repetition but this is probably my only chance to do these tours.
Also doing the fantastic Hungry bear dinning to go, paint the night reception and tea at Disneyland hotel.

It’s going to be a busy 5 days!!

I just looked at what the park hours will be for our trip and saw that it is Grad Nite on May 18th and 19th. What can I expect? Is it just larger crowds or do they close the parks early?

I just looked at what the park hours will be for our trip and saw that it is Grad Nite on May 18th and 19th. What can I expect? Is it just larger crowds or do they close the parks early?
I have 2 grad nights (May 4th & 5th) when I go as well. I'll try to report on the crowds. I think people on here have said they expect Disneyland to have less grad kids due to the high cost and DCA to be very busy as that's the cheaper grad night ticket. But you never know!!! I'm going with the expectation of it being crazy bus those to afternoon/evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter