• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

By the first 3 weeks of May, wouldn't that be Week 1- May 1-5, Week 2- 6-12, Week 3- 13-19? Wouldn't 20-26 be week 4? our dates are May 19-25, similar to Darkhaund..So sounds like for sure fireworks and PTN will be every night, and then F! at weekends, and WOC will see if it comes up?
I don't know when specifically they start the week at DLR. They usually start their "Summer" season on the last weekend of the month which is 26th-27th (Sat & Sun), with Memorial Day on the 28th. I really wish they released their dates earlier so we could actually plan stuff in advance!

I have read that from the F! area you can see the fireworks - not a prime view like in front of the castle but you could do that on your F! day and then try to catch it from a better spot later. If you don't catch them a 2nd time at least you got to see them without too much of a hassle.

Yes.. and thank you... i WAS TOLD though.. that if i watch the Fireworks from the F! place in BB I might not see buzz light and the UP house.. so id rather go out once F! is over or watch them the next day

Yes.. and thank you... i WAS TOLD though.. that if i watch the Fireworks from the F! place in BB I might not see buzz light and the UP house.. so id rather go out once F! is over or watch them the next day

If you try to leave the BB F! viewing area to get to the Hub or Main Street to see the fireworks, most likely CMs will be forcing guests into one way traffic patterns (exit through Adventureland and enter through Frontierland). This means very heavy, congested traffic; and with wife, toddler, and infant, you'll have slow going. The chance of you finding a good viewing spot for fireworks by the time you reach the Hub or Main Street is slim. Better to stay in the BB area and view the show from the ROA (it really is a pretty nice view -- the water screens are used for the digital projections and the music is piped in). Some people do leave, so the viewing area becomes roomier. The next night, you can spend more time finding and holding a good viewing spot in front of the castle for the fireworks. Then you'll be able to compare two totally different views of the same show. The show creators know that the fireworks will be viewed from different areas (i.e. ROA, the castle, Main Street, IASW, etc.) and they design the show accordingly. This was done very successfully with the 60th fireworks. Give yourself and your family the chance to enjoy the fireworks twice, rather than have everyone be crushed in the mass of people trying to rush out of the F! area after the show. (It can be really scary sometimes -- avoid it if you can.)

I have 5 days until we hit the 60 day mark for ADR's! Since this is a kid free trip we are going to do somethings we wouldn't normally do with the kids. WOC dessert party (if its up & running), Napa Rose Chef's Counter, and Carthay Circle (we have taken them to Carthay before). Any other things we should try?

If you try to leave the BB F! viewing area to get to the Hub or Main Street to see the fireworks, most likely CMs will be forcing guests into one way traffic patterns (exit through Adventureland and enter through Frontierland). This means very heavy, congested traffic; and with wife, toddler, and infant, you'll have slow going. The chance of you finding a good viewing spot for fireworks by the time you reach the Hub or Main Street is slim. Better to stay in the BB area and view the show from the ROA (it really is a pretty nice view -- the water screens are used for the digital projections and the music is piped in). Some people do leave, so the viewing area becomes roomier. The next night, you can spend more time finding and holding a good viewing spot in front of the castle for the fireworks. Then you'll be able to compare two totally different views of the same show. The show creators know that the fireworks will be viewed from different areas (i.e. ROA, the castle, Main Street, IASW, etc.) and they design the show accordingly. This was done very successfully with the 60th fireworks. Give yourself and your family the chance to enjoy the fireworks twice, rather than have everyone be crushed in the mass of people trying to rush out of the F! area after the show. (It can be really scary sometimes -- avoid it if you can.)

Good advice.. thank you
We will stay at BB and go watch them infront the next day or so.

What is the PAINT THE NIGHT RECEPTION

i AM VERY CONFUSED about

Dining package..
reception party..
this that

i am getting overwhelmed

I WANT to see Fantasmic, WoC , Paint the night AND together forever.
We will be going from MAY 19 TO MAY 26.. will this be possible???

I've heard from many people that they don't think the package (dining or reception) will be necessary to see Paint the Night. For me it's a special B-day trip so I'm spending money on things I normally wouldn't. I'm not big on sit down meals while I DL so I went with the reception. I wanted to do the World of Color desert package but it's not available so I'm dong the reception. If you were going to splurge I would splurge on the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package. It's not at WDW and it does have great atmosphere even if Pirates isn't running. I'm gong May4th thru the 8th - so I'll do my best to report back on the reception.

I've heard from many people that they don't think the package (dining or reception) will be necessary to see Paint the Night. For me it's a special B-day trip so I'm spending money on things I normally wouldn't. I'm not big on sit down meals while I DL so I went with the reception. I wanted to do the World of Color desert package but it's not available so I'm dong the reception. If you were going to splurge I would splurge on the Blue Bayou Fantasmic package. It's not at WDW and it does have great atmosphere even if Pirates isn't running. I'm gong May4th thru the 8th - so I'll do my best to report back on the reception.

I would VERY MUCH appreciate if you can report back. I am almost 100% sure that I will book F! Dining package in BB. I am extremly dissapointed that pirates wont be open. I dont even want to tell my wife.... that it wont be open

I would VERY MUCH appreciate if you can report back. I am almost 100% sure that I will book F! Dining package in BB. I am extremly dissapointed that pirates wont be open. I dont even want to tell my wife.... that it wont be open
I'm with you - I'm so sad Pirates won't be open. Be sure that you make reservations the first day you can (60 days out) I'm 6 weeks out and I checked and BB Fantasmic dining has no openings. I'm doing the the 2 go package so I'm set I was just checking to see how full it was.

well.. i just checked and I CANT GO BEYOND may 13th... i will try to book for the 20th.. MY BDAY... and well i am getting ready for the $$$$$ impact hehehehe.. but well i wnna treat myself

well.. i just checked and I CANT GO BEYOND may 13th... i will try to book for the 20th.. MY BDAY... and well i am getting ready for the $$$$$ impact hehehehe.. but well i wnna treat myself
I'm with you on being ready to spend $$$$ I decided to treat myself to the afternoon Tea at the Disneyland Hotel. I've got a reminder on my phone to call about the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour - I can't book that until 30 days out.

If Pirates is down will Blue Bayou be open...? Since its in the ride..? In Tokyo last year they had both down while Pirates was being refurbished. Hopefully they stay open!

If Pirates is down will Blue Bayou be open...? Since its in the ride..? In Tokyo last year they had both down while Pirates was being refurbished. Hopefully they stay open!
I was able to book an ADR for Blue Bayou (and there is F! dining package availability) in early May, when Pirates should still be closed. So, I hope so...

May 12-13th 2 day 1 park with Maxpass for the first time should be fun, interested in seeing how Grad night effects our stay.
Also thinking about paint the night at DCA thinking it will be easy to view without a dining package.

Disney Store has free shipping today (freeship) and parks merchandise has a 25% off code (parks25). DD always gets a pair of new ears or two when we go but it is getting harder to find ones she does not have. I got her the silver polka dot ones which I have not seen in the parks for $13.50. Also got her Up pjs and a Minnie Mouse dress that were both on sale.

So far I've booked Carnation Cafe on arrival day, BB F! package next day, and Carthay for my birthday lunch on the 8th. I am debating about the PtN reception for the 8th, I think we can find good spots along the route but will have to ask my IL's (who have mobility issues) if they feel comfortable waiting for the parade.

I am also thinking about doing the HB F! package for DD and I on the day (Friday) we are by ourselves in the parks. I got a couple of foam seat pads on Amazon for $2.36 (each) that would work for us. They are not super thick but you can feel the difference and they fold pretty small so I can bring them in a backpack.

edit - actually instead of the HB F! package on that Friday I booked the Plaza Inn parade package. Anyone know if it is supposed to be a daytime or nighttime parade? There is not actual info on it, the dining package says we have the first show. I know in DCA it was an afternoon parade - I always got stuck behind it when trying to make it to the Sh-Boom at Carsland - but wonder if at DLR it will be right before the fireworks.

Last edited:
Hi! I have never stayed at the Staybridge (or PP for that matter) but have read good thing about it.
We actually just changed our hotel reservations to DLH from PPH with the price change they have. Super excited! I've read good things about Staybridge, just don't like being that far from the park...but hoping for the best with the shuttle not being too awful.

So sad. Looks like Pirates will be down for all of May now. :( It is my youngest daughter's favorite ride. A lot more is down in May than I anticipated. We will still have fun though!

I saw that...we're super bummed about that too...but it seems like no matter what time of year there is always something happening.

Anyone booking a character meal? I think we're going to try Minnie & Friends. Looking at getting a late reservation and making that count as "lunch".

This is what we're planning on doing. I've heard good and bad about booking a later reservation with them. I'm hoping it will work out as great as I'm thinking it will lol.

Quick question.... I forgot to ask... I am about to book F! on BB... we are 5 adults..... a 2 year old and a 6 month old.. do i have to put 7 guests or just ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter