***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

We are packing up the night before school lets out and surprising the kids, leaving Friday the 25th and heading down through Memorial day. I just can't risk missing PTN and the new fireworks since our next trip is Nov and it will be holiday fireworks, and parades are being shuffled like mad! Oh my gosh I can't wait, I love PTN!

People on Touring Plans are reporting that 5/19-20 looks like a repeat blackout/grad night/hours schedule from last year. And that SoCal resident discount tickets expire on 5/24. Apparently that combined to make that weekend last year ‘very very busy’ with capacity closures on Sat.

Looks like I’ll be waiting to visit the parks on weekdays.

We are packing up the night before school lets out and surprising the kids, leaving Friday the 25th and heading down through Memorial day. I just can't risk missing PTN and the new fireworks since our next trip is Nov and it will be holiday fireworks, and parades are being shuffled like mad! Oh my gosh I can't wait, I love PTN!

My daughter and I will be there that weekend also. Very excited. A bit disappointed that there will be no World of color.

People on Touring Plans are reporting that 5/19-20 looks like a repeat blackout/grad night/hours schedule from last year. And that SoCal resident discount tickets expire on 5/24. Apparently that combined to make that weekend last year ‘very very busy’ with capacity closures on Sat.

Looks like I’ll be waiting to visit the parks on weekdays.

Our first day in the parks is going to be Sunday May 20th- are there chances of capacity closures on Sunday?

I find it really only reaches capacity during the holiday season. I wouldn't worry too much.

My daughter and I will be there that weekend also. Very excited. A bit disappointed that there will be no World of color.

You know something funny, I have STILL not seen regular world of color. We didn't go for a number of years, and then we went during the holidays in 2014, and for the 60th in 2016, closed this trip, then Holiday again at the end of the year. I hear that regular WOC is the best one, but I am like not destined to see it!!! Maybe in 2020 finally, cause 2019 we are avoiding DL and going to WDW either during AP previews or right before SWL opens.

The 20th should be fine, but the 19th will be uncomfortably crowded.

I'm going reverse psychology with our trip, peak season, yet all AP's blocked, and NO grad nite (yay), so hoping for a decent crowd level.

Thankfully I arrive the 19th, but going to the parks starting teh 20th... hope we have a good now so crowded time.... IAM SO EAGER TO BE THERE CANT WAIT

Of course we fly out on the 25th lol fingers crossed it comes up and that there is a soft opening lol

World of Color at Disney California Adventure Going Dark for 1.5 Months to Accommodate PIXAR Pier Construction

To accomodate construction of PIXAR Pier and the Incredicoaster, World of Color at Disney California Adventure will be going dark from April 13th through May 24th, 2018

Of course, the park will not be left without a nighttime spectacular during this period as the Paint the Night Parade debuts April 13th, 2018 as part of PIXAR Fest. World of Color is expected to return unchanged for the Summer. PIXAR Pier opens June 23rd, 2018.

That whole thing is confusing. So is it coming back that weekend or when the Pier opens? I see no dining for Memorial weekend.

I've been checking every day hoping to snag a World of Color dessert party on the 25th but it is not showing up. Last time we were in CA, they were building WOC. I'd really REALLY like to see it this trip because who knows when we'll get back.

I saw they announced new character meals and Mickey is moving to Storytellers. They haven't released a date....just said "summer". We go the last couple days of May and the first part of June. I'm really hoping "summer" means Memorial Day and we can switch to Storytellers. We currently have a reservation for Minnie & Friends at Plaza Inn. We're staying at Grand Californian, so that would be super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!