MARCHing like Mulan - Exercise Challenge

Good Sunday morning.

As we're getting closer to the end of the month, we've had all kinds of color changes.

I'm impressed with all of our personal ups and downs and unpredictable weather - we're all finishing strong!

Joining Mighty Mushu Maroon:
Tasha228

Joining Red Hot:
GrandAdmiralStrife

And going over 100% we have:
lisah0711
galazygirl76

AND we have two folks joining the March 4-digit reporting Hall of Fame:
Established members:
GrandAdmiralStrife
2TxAgs
Trith
Mrs Ar
Figment1990
glss1/2fll
New Inductees:
lisah0711
galaxygirl76

As a team we're at 81.09% and we're only 2,115 minutes away from 90%!!

Stay focused and let's finish this battle strong!

DisneyBelle99 oodles of good thoughts and pixiedust: for you and your family. :hug:

Another 90 minutes walking brings me to 1180/1000 I had over 16,000 steps on my FitBit yesterday with a 5 mile run and all the other stuff I did. :cool2:

but I just had a quick question for you guys: how do you typically log Disney trips for these challenges? I'd like to participate in April (since I had a great time doing my first one this month!) but with a week long trip I have no idea what number to aim for. Thanks for any tips, sorry if this is too offtopic.

Not off topic at all! :goodvibes In the past when I've been at Disney and participating in these challenges I just add an hour or two for walking to my minutes. I don't think we have any hard and fast rules except what the host sets -- you set your minutes and try to hit your goal. What you want to count is up to you. We're just here to celebrate the success and cheer you on! :cheer2:

GAS thanks for hosting April -- off to see the mystery theme! pirate:

hmack hope your week is improving -- thanks for being the hostess with the mostest this month! :flower3:

Congratulations to our color changers this morning:

Joining Purple Power:
swissfamilyrobinson (welcome back, I missed you)
Zim

Joining Mighty Mushu Maroon:
dglilbit
GrandAdmiralStrife
and me

Currently in the ranks of the March Hall of Fame for reporting 4 digits:
General Admiral Stife
2TxAgs
Mrs Ar
glss1/2fll

It's been a rough weather month for a lot of folks, and I'm crazy proud that everyone is getting their numbers in and moving, moving, moving!

Thank you, hmack. I have missed being here! And thank you for hosting us with such enthusiasm and encouragement - especially with all you have had going on this month.:thanks:

Pretty sure they got rid of the app when they did the big update. It's a bummer.
I had no idea! Yuck.

Motivational quote for the last few days:

There are those who say fate is something beyond our command. That destiny is not our own, but I know better. Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.

Gold star to the first person who can identify who said the quote above without looking it up!

Motivational quote for the last few days:

There are those who say fate is something beyond our command. That destiny is not our own, but I know better. Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.

Gold star to the first person who can identify who said the quote above without looking it up!

I'm 99% sure it's Merida. From Brave.

I only wish I also had exercise minutes to report ... I've been very lazy the last few days :(

SarahDisney - I'm 100% sure you get a GOLD STAR

And the day is still young!! You're so close to being Red Hot - only 27 minutes! You can blow that out of the water - I know you can.

SarahDisney, you've been my benchmark this whole month we've been within 20 or so minutes of each other. Whether you know it or not, you've been one of my motivational partners in crime! Let's get to Red today together. What do you say?

SarahDisney, you've been my benchmark this whole month we've been within 20 or so minutes of each other. Whether you know it or not, you've been one of my motivational partners in crime! Let's get to Red today together. What do you say?

I'm in! Hopefully we can both make it to WISH Green if we work hard over the rest of the month!

Catching up a bit- walked allllll over the "world" on Friday so 90 minutes there plus yesterday a half day before leaving (boohoo) so 45 minutes.

1225/1260

Thanks grandadmiral for hosting April- ill be over to join soon. And thanks hmack for hosting march! I know you motivated me tremendously!

As for how to count minutes on vacation, I've heard you walk 5-8 miles per day on a Disney vacation. For those days that I feel we actually do walk around that much, I gave myself minutes that it normally would take me to run that distance at my regular pace so depending on what we were doing that day, I counted 45-90 minutes. But it's totally up to you! It's your challenge!

Looks like everyone is getting active. I'm catching up today too.

Thursday
30 min run am
40 min elliptical (hubby was in a hurry)
Saturday
60 min of hill running. We were in Auburn for a conference/and hubby's 40th class reunion
30 min walking (looking for a Starbucks that I never found)
Brings me to
1204/1200

Thanks for hosting hmack

33 minutes for me today ... puts me at 906/1000 and just over that 90% mark!

I've got 2 days to get 92 minutes ... I hope I can do it!

updating myself 905/1000

Going to need a couple of big days to hit that goal!

Can't chat long - I don't know about you but I'm going to need every spare minute to exercise if I'm going to meet my personal goal - and help the team meet the crazy goal of being 90% in just 2 (TWO!) days!

Color changers today:

Joining the (we're so very close) Red Hots:
figment1990
whitney250
SarahDisney
and me

The latest to meet the goal and become Wish Green:
Mrs Ar

4-digit reporter March Hall of Fame:
Established members:
lisah0711
galaxygirl76
grandadmiralstrife
2TxAgs
trith
Mrs Ar
figment1990
glss1/2fll
New Inductee:
psutraveler

Where do we stand as a team in the crazy pursuit of fame and glory?
We're currently at 84.01%
Minutes remaining to hit 90% - 1,422

It's totally doable, so remember to report your numbers, whatever they may be. Every minute counts!

Tomorrow is a rest day so 55 minutes of strength yesterday and 55 minutes of cardio today puts March for me at 1160 minutes.

thanks for checking in galaxygirl76 - enjoy your rest day tomorrow!

Team - that puts us at only 1,312 minutes to go to hit that 90% mark as a team. Who's going to be next to check in??

Probably my last check in for the month, unless I surprise myself tomorrow.

90 minutes with my trainer tonight

1290/1200

58 minutes for me today - including yoga and a lunch break walk in the SNOW. (grumble)

963/1000 (getting closer!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter