March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Teri- nice sandals go to Stein Mart...was just there today and they've got some really cute ones...I think that may be my route for both Kaitlin and I...

I always pack last minute like the day/night before we leave. I have a pile of odds and ends in my closet though. I get everything together and Tim packs it. He is an EXCELLENT packer. Not me, I would just throw it all in there.

I also have to get Kaitlin to try on some things...hopefully it will warm up here first of March and I will be able to use that as a gauge for if things fit or not...I'm pretty sure she is in the same size.

We are so excited! This is our first cruise ever. DH, DD (9) DS (7) and self are traveling with my good friend and her family. I keep lurking on these disc boards and have received great tips and advice. I've already started packing! See you all on board!:cool1:

Welcome --- congrats on your first Cruise could not have picked a better one ! You will have so much fun. Dont be surprised if the kids only want to stay in the kids club. You may have to pull them out to have time with them. dont be afraid of the meeting the first day. It is really great to spend the rest of the time seeing familiar faces.

Hey everybody! Thanks for the welcomes :) I am going to get my dd that is in 5th grade on the kid board. She was slow to make friends last time so that would be great!! I think just knowing some names and stuff will be fun!!!

I have a 5th grade dtr also whom is also slow to make friends hopefully the first meet will warm them up.

Thanks, Carole. Actually, I won't mind if they want to stay in the clubs. They will probably have more fun there than hanging out with mom and dad. I've registered them for the clubs, but have not given Claire permission to sign herself out - I'm not comfortable with that. Our friend's daughter (also 9) will be on the trip as well, so maybe they will connect with your daughter. :)

I just want to say thanks to whoever started the kids thread!! I have never had to fight to share my computer with my daughter. She is giddy to see if people have responded to her!!!

:banana:

Thanks, Carole. Actually, I won't mind if they want to stay in the clubs. They will probably have more fun there than hanging out with mom and dad. I've registered them for the clubs, but have not given Claire permission to sign herself out - I'm not comfortable with that. Our friend's daughter (also 9) will be on the trip as well, so maybe they will connect with your daughter. :)

Funny, I have a Claire also age 9 too... and a 11 year old Madeleine
We are traveling with my mother 78, str and her son (special needs). Looking forward to meeting up on the first day. Time to start packing...
We are arriving two days before and still have not decided if will take all to one of the parks. Was planning on doing Discovery Cove on the friday before. Need to book my ride from hotel to port and back to airport.

We are flying in on the Friday and back out the Sunday. I wasn't comfortable with the flight times for same day as cruise. We have booked transportation with Mears to Port Canaveral and back.

:cool1::cool1:Mailman just brought our cruise docs:cool1::cool1: we are getting closer:thumbsup2

Sure hope we see ours this week too.
Could really use the pick me up!" :goodvibes

Saw my parents over the weekend, they were able to come through the town where DD14 was participating in a Volleyball tournament. They note that we won't see them again until Orlando! Yea! (mean "yea" Orlando, not "yea!" won't see the parents.... or do I... :rolleyes1 --- Shhhhhh:ssst:...!)

FE gifts done & packaged... think I will reorganized them by stateroom for easier delivery. :thumbsup2Just updated our old FE to reflect the dates of this cruise.
I might mention that the more you personalize your FE the less likely it will be to disappear. Having it taken is very rare but has happened. Who wants one that has your names all over it, however.:confused3
Someone suggested zip ties to secure it better to the fish itself. That way someone would have to actually cut it off.

Off to organize some other aspects of the trip - like how to best take advantage of the night we booked at Royal Pacific at US/IOA for the early entry and Front of the line perks... anyone know just how to maximize this? How early to get there the day you are to "check in" and how to "check out" but still use the parks to the max?
Going to the DIS forum for more info... someone will have done this I am sure!:disrocks:

Marcy

i just found this thread. We will be on this cruise also. Me- Shondra, DH-Trever,and DS-Zach. We are also traveling with lots of family. We may try to catch the meet on embarkation day, but we could still be catching up with our group. Glad DS will have some boys his age on the cruise.

I forgot to ask. Is there a kids thread for this sailing? I thought my son might want to try and make friends pre-cruise.

i just found this thread. We will be on this cruise also. Me- Shondra, DH-Trever,and DS-Zach. We are also traveling with lots of family. We may try to catch the meet on embarkation day, but we could still be catching up with our group. Glad DS will have some boys his age on the cruise.

Hi Shondra! Glad you found us!
I am a fellow DIS Podcast fan too. Can't wait for this weeks show... really want to hear their "review" of the Dream!

How old is your DS? Mine will be 10 in a few weeks.
There is a kids thread, I think mostly the tween girls have been posting, but I haven't checked. I should encourage my DS to post too.

I have a full list of posters on this thread on page 8, post #119. I will add you.

I hear cruise docs are arriving! That is a few weeks earlier than in the past. Mine will have to come by way of my TA... (DU) hope they get 'em out soon!
Need to finish online check in... Docs area just a bonus!

Marcy

Got my docs today...mail just hadn't come yet...;) They are new and fancy aren't they...a small spiral bound book for those who haven't gotten theirs yet. This next month cannot go fast enough. So ready.

There are a few boys posting on the kids thread.

I loved mine too but since I was the first to get them, I didn't want to give away the surprise. :goodvibes

Thanks Marcy. My son is 12. Do you know where to find the link for the kids thread? Can't wait. Time is flying by and I have so much to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter