March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Here's the instructions I found to make ours, but I made my pockets about 8" deep. Also, I used sew-on interfacing instead of the iron-on. For one, I did the pleats in the pockets, for the other, I tapered the fabric.

I can't get my photo to show up. :(

You need 1/4 yard of fabric, iron interfacing, wide double fold bias tape, and a 3/8" dowel 8" long.

Pockets are 11" X 5 1/2"
Back is 32" X 8"

Cut out backing and pockets then iron on interfacing.
Sew bias tape on top of pocket
pleat once on each side and pin bottom of pocket so that it is 8" wide.
baste, then pin bias tape on bottom and sew on
Pin pockets on backing and sew bottom of pocket to backing
Pin and baste around entire outside of project.
Pin then sew bias tape around outside edge of whole fish extender
fold top over leaving room for you dowel at top and sew along the inside of bias tape down each side to secure.

Guess what I received via Fed Ex today! :goodvibes

Our cruise documents!!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

It is freezing cold here today and it made the booklet even more beautiful when it arrived!

:cloud9:

That makes me SO happy! I was just wondering when we would be getting ours!!!

Wow! We have sooooo much snow here right now....(remember, we're in Texas, so it's all relative!). And it's really coming down now. I definitely prefer this to the ice we've been having. The drive into the office today was actually very peaceful!

But...I've had about enough of this weather...ready for some sun! Maybe I'll have to start packing this weekend too! Ha!

Ashley

I with you on that, Ashley! The snow is beautiful (much prettier than the ice) but I'm ready to get out of the house and do some cruise shopping! All of my favorite stores have been closing because of the weather. Maybe on Sunday...:)

Here's the instructions I found to make ours, but I made my pockets about 8" deep. Also, I used sew-on interfacing instead of the iron-on. For one, I did the pleats in the pockets, for the other, I tapered the fabric.

I can't get my photo to show up. :(

You need 1/4 yard of fabric, iron interfacing, wide double fold bias tape, and a 3/8" dowel 8" long.

Pockets are 11" X 5 1/2"
Back is 32" X 8"

Cut out backing and pockets then iron on interfacing.
Sew bias tape on top of pocket
pleat once on each side and pin bottom of pocket so that it is 8" wide.
baste, then pin bias tape on bottom and sew on
Pin pockets on backing and sew bottom of pocket to backing
Pin and baste around entire outside of project.
Pin then sew bias tape around outside edge of whole fish extender
fold top over leaving room for you dowel at top and sew along the inside of bias tape down each side to secure.

Thank you! I will try to figure that out...I'm not a bit "sew-er" but would like to get a little bit of use out of my sewing machine! I'll post a pic if I do make the attempt! (Otherwise, I may just use a tote bag!)

5 weeks from right now our family will be hanging out at Animal Kingdom Lodge and shopping at Downtown Disney! :banana::dance3::cool1:

Hmmm....we'll be in MK I am guessing....after our breakfast at the castle! Dad's will probably be trying to get to Epcot, to partake in some German beverages!

Sunday will probably be a good day to shop....al the Superbowl Hub Bub will probably leave the shops quite vacant!

Ashley

I think this will work.
232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A9%3Enu%3D3245%3E744%3E8%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D34559%3A%3A%3A%3C6338nu0mrj

They don't have the dowels or ribbon on yet.

Hmmm....we'll be in MK I am guessing....after our breakfast at the castle! Dad's will probably be trying to get to Epcot, to partake in some German beverages!

Sunday will probably be a good day to shop....al the Superbowl Hub Bub will probably leave the shops quite vacant!

Ashley
We will be flying in on Friday morning (around 9:30am), so we'd tossed around the idea of spending a day at MK, but I think it would be better to just chill at the hotel and do some shopping. We have never been to WDW and I think just spending one day in the parks would tease the kids too much! And from what I hear, AKL is pretty cool to just hang out at (and they give you night vision goggles to watch the animals at night!!!) :thumbsup2

And that's exactly what I was thinking about on Sunday...everyone will either be at the game or at home watching it...and with the temps getting up to 50, there is no reason for stores to be closed!

I think this will work.
232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A9%3Enu%3D3245%3E744%3E8%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D34559%3A%3A%3A%3C6338nu0mrj

They don't have the dowels or ribbon on yet.
Those look GREAT! I hope mine turn out half as good!

Wow! We have sooooo much snow here right now....(remember, we're in Texas, so it's all relative!). And it's really coming down now. I definitely prefer this to the ice we've been having. The drive into the office today was actually very peaceful!

But...I've had about enough of this weather...ready for some sun! Maybe I'll have to start packing this weekend too! Ha!

Ashley

Hope the weather gets better in time for Sunday's SuperBowl game. I'm not a football fan but for those who are, football in the snow sucks! Living in Canada, we know ALL about that! :lmao:

Hope the weather gets better in time for Sunday's SuperBowl game. I'm not a football fan but for those who are, football in the snow sucks! Living in Canada, we know ALL about that! :lmao:

Ahh... but you forget...we're in "Jerry World" down here. The stadium is domed and once you get there, you'll have no clue it's cold outside (not like the old stadium!). We're supposed to be above freezing tomorrow and probably near 50 on Sunday...so even the tailgaters will be happy! Besides, most the fans are from PA and WI...they are used to this!

Go Steelers!

Ashley

yeaaaaaaa :)

Sooo cool! :dance3: I'll be rushing home from work on Monday to see if our cruise documents are waiting for us. This is sooo cool. :banana: It's all getting very real now. Only 5 more weeks to go (and I have it right this weekend...it's 5 not 6)!
:cutie::cheer2:

Michelle:cool1:

Ahh... but you forget...we're in "Jerry World" down here. The stadium is domed and once you get there, you'll have no clue it's cold outside (not like the old stadium!). We're supposed to be above freezing tomorrow and probably near 50 on Sunday...so even the tailgaters will be happy! Besides, most the fans are from PA and WI...they are used to this!

Go Steelers!

Ashley

The snow is Tom Landry's revenge on Jerry Jones:lmao::lmao:

Rob

Been working on our cruise scrapbook from 2009 and looking at our one from 2006....getting so excited! Keep trying to get things together without Kaitlin catching on too much about us going on her birthday. She's got the March figured out but that's about it...:)

The cruise documents have changed a lot since 2009 when we last sailed. They are really nice.

:banana:

Hi everybody! I am not new to disboards but I never knew there was a cruise meet :) I am going on the Magic during spring break. My husband and I both teach middle school so spring break is a welcome getaway!!! We have 5 cabins and I would love some of my kids to make friends in advance!!

Sailing will be my mom
me(39), DH(46), DD (14), DS (12), DD(11)
sister (41), hubby(39), and thier kids DS(9), DS's twins (8) and DS (7)
and our older daughter (19) and her boyfriend (21)

Quite a group :) My sister's kids both have MS and one of them (james) uses either a walker or crutches most of the time. You can't miss us!!! If you see him give him a high five and a "go james"... he loves it!!

We cruised on this same cruise in 2009. I remember it being cold so I am hoping it is warmer this year. I see there are many Texans here..... I am sure you are like me and ready for this snow/ice to go away!!! However, in my 17 years of teaching it is the first time I have had 4 snow days in a row!!!

Can't wait to meet everybody,and if you want to pm me with daughers facebook stuff my 14year old would love to make some friends before she boards the ship. Running around with friends was her favorite part of the last cruise!!!

Lisa

We cruised on this same cruise in 2009. I remember it being cold so I am hoping it is warmer this year. I see there are many Texans here..... I am sure you are like me and ready for this snow/ice to go away!!! However, in my 17 years of teaching it is the first time I have had 4 snow days in a row!!!

Can't wait to meet everybody,and if you want to pm me with daughers facebook stuff my 14year old would love to make some friends before she boards the ship. Running around with friends was her favorite part of the last cruise!!!

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! There's a kids thread in case your kids are interested (general age is 7-12).....I have two girls ages 8 (2nd grade) and 10 (5th grade).....So a little younger than yous. I've lived in Texas for about 30 years and NEVER remember weather like this! Anything without ice will be better!

Ashley

Hi everybody! I am not new to disboards but I never knew there was a cruise meet :) I am going on the Magic during spring break. My husband and I both teach middle school so spring break is a welcome getaway!!! We have 5 cabins and I would love some of my kids to make friends in advance!!

Sailing will be my mom

Quite a group :) My sister's kids both have MS and one of them (james) uses either a walker or crutches most of the time. You can't miss us!!! If you see him give him a high five and a "go james"... he loves it!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa

We were on this same cruise in 2009 as well. Our DDs may have hung out. My oldest is now 15.

Send me a PM with her first name and I will ask if she remembers her.

:banana:

Sailing will be my mom

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! I believe that we will be meeting up at 3pm on the first day (before the muster drill) in the Promenade Lounge, so I hope you and your family can plan on meeting us all there!
What part of Texas are you from? We are from Grand Prairie, and I'm assuming by your snow day comment that you are also from North Texas? Where do you teach, and what subjects? I used to teach middle school, but now I just work for two middle schools as an athletic trainer (taking care of injuries).
OK, so when you say that it was cold, do you mean on the islands, or at sea, or Castaway Cay...please clarify...I have been planning on bringing summer clothes for the week, but if I need to bring warmer stuff...

We live in Plano :) I thought it was cold on the ship. It was very windy and I mean VERY windy!!! The islands were warm but I wore a jacket a lot during the day and night. However, obviously it did not bother me too much because we are going again the same week!!! Maybe somebody else can say they went in March and it was warmer?????

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I did the Eastern Caribbean Cruise this week last year. It was in the mid 80's during the day. :goodvibes:goodvibes

We have a DD will turn 14 on the cruise. this will be her 2nd cruise. She doesn't have FB.:rolleyes1

I will be the guy in the wheelchair with the black dog. lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter