March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Just adding my thanks to everyone for the great FE gifts. We've already enjoyed listening to the CD and most of the candy is gone! Loved the homemade gifts and all the magnets. It was a wonderful first Disney cruise and we're already counting down the days until our next one on the Fantasy in 2012. Thanks terimac for sharing info about rebooking onboard. Can't wait to enjoy our stateroom credit. :)

I'm an avid imovie user and put together a "trailer" of some highlights from our cruise if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c86Y2jcalt4

Do you all have your sea legs back? I noticed it most in the shower!:lmao:

Well, what a great cruise. What a great group of people to cruise with too!:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for the "thanks!" I was glad to get this thread going way back on October 29th, 2009. Wow! that was over 16 months to wait! So glad to get to chat online with you all during that time.

The FE exchange was a great success too! Thanks everyone for the gifts! Some serious creativity and thoughtfulness went into everything. How fun it was find treats and gifts throughout the week. The stateroom attendants sure get a kick out of it.

Big thanks to Mark, Joy, Marissa, and Shadow for being such fun table mates!
My family really enjoyed getting to know all of you and we really seemed to hit it off. Although it was challenging at times to talk across such a big table. I do miss the Shadow keeping my toes warm under the table!
And - sorry I didn't get a chance to say "goodbye" on the last morning. Between the luggage, bathrooms, and crowds, I even lost my family until Customs!

Big thanks also to Jo Anne and family for suggesting a great excursion on St. Maartin. We really got a feel for the island and even some relaxation time at the resort. Of course, I am very appreciative still that you lent me the towels too!

We did rebook onboard... have no idea when we may actually sail again. Maybe on the Wonder to Alaska in 2013. We can at least drive to that port!
My parents are completely sold on DCL. They rebooked too and will likely sail sooner.

Since sailing, we have been in Central Florida visiting parks and enjoying the warm weather. For the most part, this vacation is shaping up to be one of the best yet.

We are at the Orange Lake Resort in two (2-bedroom) villas. Big resort! Pools, waterpark, and even fishing lakes for my DS10 who brought an angling rod as well as a fly rod!

Discovery Cove on Monday was awesome. Almost like the ship in that it's all inclusive... although at DC the beer is included too! Here we are with our dolphin "Kaylee:"

M032211_00_0390.jpg

DH & I had a resort (pools!) day on Tuesday while the grandparents took the kids to Kennedy Space Center.

Wednesday and Thursday were our Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure days. We booked a night at the Royal Pacific Resort for Wednesday night which gave us "front of the line" priviliges for both Wednesday and Thursday. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
Actually the parks weren't as crowded as I expected. Even the Harry Potter area was approachable. We got early entry on Thursday morning for staying onsite and walked right onto the new Harry Potter ride.

Only two not so good things have happened... there is always something on a big trip.
DS10 locked the rental car keys in the trunk last Saturday, had to get a locksmith to break in. Guess when we return the car we'll see what that will cost us.
And I managed to leave my cell phone (Motorola Droid) in a bathroom at Universal yesterday. :headache:
As of yet, it hasn't been turned in.... I am seriously bummed but will keep checking back. I can disable the phone online, so it is of no use to someone else.

Today is a resort day too. :beach: Worked out this morning, brunch soon to use up a bunch of the food we still have. Pool and warm sun this afternoon. With any luck, I will need to drive out to Universal to pick up my phone!

We check out of here tomorrow but don't fly back home until Sunday. Thinking of going to Sea World (admission was included with our Discovery Cove tickets.)

Not that I want to go home to the cold rain, :sad2: but there is so much to do when we get back. So much to get "back on track!"

Bye all! And happy travels in the future!

Marcy

It was so wonderful meeting you guys! I will cherish the new friendships I've made, and hope to cruise again with you soon! I hate that I didn't get to meet some of you onboard...maybe someday we will cruise together again...
This was our first FE experience, and we loved it! Seriously, the journals and other FE treats that I brought not only filled an entire suitcase, but they maxed out the weight on it also! I was hoping that by giving all of that out that I would have plenty of 'extra' room on the way home. WRONG! Had to use an extra duffle for a carry-on...Oh well. We will pack better next time! :rotfl2: And the special gifts and treats and gifts from each of were wonderful! Thank you, again!
We booked the Dream for March 9, 2012 for the 4 day, and then plan to spend another 5 or 6 days in the parks afterward. We've also booked the Fantasy for Thanksgiving of 2012. I am already counting down the days to both!

See you real soon! ;)
Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter