Random question: someone posted earlier about getting your bib signed. That sounds awesome. I’m wondering what you use to sign it (sharpie?) and how you keep it from getting all crumpled?

Random question: someone posted earlier about getting your bib signed. That sounds awesome. I’m wondering what you use to sign it (sharpie?) and how you keep it from getting all crumpled?
Sharpie would definitely be the best way. You probably should have something as a backing so the character can sign it.

We are skipping HS during the Dopey trip (headed that way on Friday with the kids). Really the only things I wanted were FOP and 7DMT and that's only because we are going with a couple that hasn't been in a long time. Got those.

Other than that we will be pretty low key. As long as I get on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Splash Mountain I will call it a successful trip. Hoping to spend a lot of time at Wilderness Lodge and World Showcase.

I emailed runDisney asking about the date and their response was "If you are registering after the POT deadline you have to submit the POT,when you register". I think we'll run the 10k on Saturday. Depending on how much faster we are ( I think we'll likely be 10-12 minutes faster, I'll make a decision about what to do when I get to the registration page.)

If it were me, I wouldn’t risk it. The benefits of moving up a corral or two with an improved time are far outweighed by the risk of being dropped to the back because of what rD may consider an invalid PoT.

Sharpie. When we did it, we folded them down the middle and kept them in the case with our iPad mini, which we had with us.
But just fyi ... we were told by one character handler that the characters can't sign because there's legal language on the back. So be aware that you may encounter that and have a plan for what you want to do if that happens (we had them sign our medal ribbons instead).

SAFD:

Thursday 1/10: TOT, SSD, RnR
Friday 1/11: Space, Big Thunder, SDMT
Saturday 1/12: FOP
Sunday 1/13: Character Spot

I didn't want to go to the parks on Saturday at all but FOP convinced me to show up for a few minutes. lol.

If it were me, I wouldn’t risk it. The benefits of moving up a corral or two with an improved time are far outweighed by the risk of being dropped to the back because of what rD may consider an invalid PoT.
I still am not sure what I am going to do, but it's only an issue DS comes with me. His only POT was from a hot race from before his cross country season started this year. It's not an accurate reflection of what he's capable of. If I do decide to use the new time, I'll print out my email from RunDisney and print out a screenshot showing that no deadline is specified. I know it's a risk though.

My Epcot problem as well. Everything on tier 2 is either walk-on or we won’t do it, so I feel kind of odd planning any of them. Not that we don’t enjoy them, just that a FP+ seems unnecessary.
I actually decided to forego Epcot fast passes for our entire 9 day trip this time because it is hard to see the value in using a days worth of FP+ for one Tier 1 attraction and two walk ons, especially when there will be two days of Epcot EMH during our trip. My plan is to utilize EMH and short wait times during Illuminations to get on Soarin, TT, and Frozen Ever After with minimal waits and hopefully pick up a couple FP+ after using my first 3. I'm feeling a lot happier about having 3 FoP, 3 RnRC, and 2 SDD FP+ to enjoy during our trip!

My Fast Pass day is tomorrow since we don't get there until Saturday. I double checked since I had a moment of panic this morning but thankfully didn't miss it.

I'm happy to hear that most people were able to get all the FPs they were interested in :) My plan is Expo and Disney Springs Saturday, DHS on Sunday after the marathon, Epcot Monday (I'm hoping to join for DATW), Magic Kingdom Tuesday and Animal Kingdom Wednesday.

Sharpie & a small clip board was my plan.

Sharpie. When we did it, we folded them down the middle and kept them in the case with our iPad mini, which we had with us.
But just fyi ... we were told by one character handler that the characters can't sign because there's legal language on the back. So be aware that you may encounter that and have a plan for what you want to do if that happens (we had them sign our medal ribbons instead).

Hmm...that throws a wrench in my plans.

Dinner @ Artist Point Storybook Dining. Get pic with Dopey wearing Dopey medal & hopefully sign my bib!
I never thought of characters signing the bib. I'll have to think about that.

Question - has anyone done Happily Ever After and Illuminations on the same night?
That would be very difficult. The timing would have to be just perfect as to when one show ends and the other begins because you'll have to travel from one park to the other. As a side note, there are some Epcot viewing locations for Illuminations that show some of the fireworks from Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular.

SAFD: I made my reservations Friday morning and have honestly forgotten most of them. I did get all the ones I wanted so that's good. I'm semi optimistic that I can make into AK early enough one morning to do Navi River Journey as a walk on. I don't want to use a Flight of Passage FP+ on NRJ out of principle.

I'll be happy if the crowds are light. I'm slow, so I won't be into the parks until later on most race days which will limit possible day of FP+, so lower crowds will help that out some.

SAFD:
Here's my FP plan.

Wed Jan 9 (Solo day 1)- AK after expo
Safari
Everest
FoP
Satuli for early dinner

Thurs Jan 10 (Solo Day 2)- EP after 5k
Soarin
Mission Space Orange
Spaceship Earth
Teppan Edo with friends for dinner

Fri Jan 11- DHS after 10k
wait for wife's DME to arrive and take her to expo and then off to HS
RnR
Star Tours
Mama Melrose dinner
Slinky Dog and then back to Pop to turn in early

Sat Jan 12- 1/2 Marathon and non-park day.
meet up with some friends at DS
Void
Boathouse for dinner and then go to sleep "early"

Sun Jan 13- run 26.2 miles and walk off the pain at MK later that afternoon
Jungle Cruise
Seven Dwarfs
jump over to Artist Point for dinner and picture with Dopey!
back to MK
Big Thunder
and then find a spot for Happily ever After

Monday Jan 14
Pre-rope drop Garden Grill
jump on Soarin
Mission Space Green
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
.....and then eat and drink around the world hopefully making it until Illuminations

Tuesday Jan 15
breakfast at Pop and head to airport :sad:

Is anyone going to Universal on Thursday (before the marathon)?? I didn't see anyone post that, but just curious because we'll be there!

(Also, for those with Chase rewards points, I was able to get our tickets for Universal through the portal, which was awesome!)

For those wanting Universal - sometimes Regal has Universal Orlando tickets as a cash out option for their points.

We got 1 day 2 park hoppers that we used during our most recent trip.

Vicariously living through everyone’s FP plans. I’m in indecison limbo of whether to skip the parks completely or get an AP, lol.

So, half of the Higdon novice training (at least time-wise) is officially in the books after a 10-miler today. I am looking ahead to next weekend where the training schedule has a 15 miler in store. Should be interesting as I've never run longer than 13.1 miles in my entire life...

Ha! I was just telling my husband this yesterday... Now the hard work begins! I'm nervous about this weekend's 15-miler! I keep telling myself to take it slow and enjoy the process... we'll see how that works ;)

Same here! :eek:

I still am not sure what I am going to do, but it's only an issue DS comes with me. His only POT was from a hot race from before his cross country season started this year. It's not an accurate reflection of what he's capable of. If I do decide to use the new time, I'll print out my email from RunDisney and print out a screenshot showing that no deadline is specified. I know it's a risk though.

I think you'll be fine. I used a PoT from a race in late February for Star Wars this year and was corralled appropriately even though the PoT race I used came after the PoT Deadline.

If the email is from Track Shack (disneysports@trackshack.com), you'll be good to go.

Is anyone going to Universal on Thursday (before the marathon)?? I didn't see anyone post that, but just curious because we'll be there!

I will be! I'm not sure when we're going to get to the parks as we are doing the 5K in the morning (and maybe breakfast at Kona Cafe afterward), but I know that we will be there at some point.

And figuring out how I'm getting from Disney to Universal and from Universal to the airport.

Check out Tony Hinds (aobh607@gmail.com). He is AWESOME and comes highly recommended on the Universal board. It is usually $100-$120 for both legs plus a tip. You can use Uber as well, but Tony is something special and worth the extra $$.

We are going to be based out of Universal (Cabana Bay) from Wednesday morning, 1/9 until Monday evening, 1/14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter