• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here's my FP plan.

Wed Jan 9- AK after expo
Safari
Everest
FoP
Hopefully catch RoL
I'm super excited about FoP because I haven't been on yet. And Everest I don't usually ride when my family is with me b/c my kids are all too little.

Thurs Jan 10- MK
Big Thunder
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Planning to concentrate on Frontier and Adventureland and then head out.
Having dinner at Boma, which I've never tried!

Fri Jan 11- MK
Pooh
Small World
SDMT
Normally I would have done PP FP but since it won't be open I went with Pooh. Having lunch at BoG and then heading out. I've got a dinner at Jiko booked, but I might cancel.

Sat Jan 12- off day. If it's warm I plan on laying by the pool all day to rest up for the full. If not, I might venture to Disney Springs for a bit.

Sun Jan 13- HS
ToT (depending on how long the full takes, I might miss this)
RnR
Slinky!
Having dinner at Brown Derby and so excited to see Toy Story land!

Mon Jan 14- MK
Pirates
SDMT
SM
Planning to revisit some favorites and do Tomorrowland. I've got another BoG lunch booked, but may cancel. Doing the Storybook dining for dinner and will hopefully get a pic with Dopey and my Dopey medal!

I'm thinking about surprising my DH for Christmas with airline tickets to come join me on Sunday. But I've to figure out if my mom can watch the kids for two nights.

So, with POT - - it used to say on the main page needs to be ran before Oct. 9, 2018 - I think?

Well now it just says (unless I'm missing something)-
"If proof of time is not provided at least 13 weeks before the first race of the race weekend, or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. No corral changes will be made after such date."

When you got to register it just says
"image002.jpg

What brings me to questioning this is reading elsewhere people submitting proof of time from Wine & Dine that are registering now, will that be okay to use now or any race after the date as long as it's open?

It technically doesn't say has to be ran before Oct. 9, 2018 anymore. It let's you submit it even though it's after the date of submission. It's not before 13 weeks, but is Trackshack really sorting that out?

Just got my Fastpasses. I’m pleased with what I got. I didn’t get Slinky on arrival day (Friday), but I kind of assumed that. Here are my current plans, subject to change:

Friday 1/11:
Alien Saucers: 11:40-12:40
ToT: 1:05-2:05
Star Tours: 2:45-3:45
Dinner at Spice Road

Saturday 1/12:
Breakfast at Kona
Expo
Safari: 12:30-1:30
Everest: 1:40-2:40
FoP: 2:40-3:40
Dinner at Le Cellier

Sunday 1/13:
Slinky: 6:50-7:50
Everything else is going to be played by ear. Maybe dinner at Brown Derby Lounge and Disney Springs bar hop later?

Monday 1/14:
Dinosaur: 2:15-3:15
Everest: 3:25-4:25
FoP: 4:40-5:40
Dinner at Tiffins

Tuesday 1/15:
Lunch at Coral Reef
Nemo: 1-2
Living w/ the Land: 2:10-3:10
Frozen: 3:10-4:10
Dinner at La Hacienda

Wednesday 1/16:
Space Mountain: 9:10-10:10
7DMT: 10:50-11:50
Pooh: 12:05-1:05
Tasting at Jiko
Currently dinner at Cali Grill, thinking about cancelling

Thursday 1/17:
Breakfast at Cinderella’s Table
Jungle Cruise: 9:55-10:55
Pirates: 10:55-11:55
Splash: 11:55-12:55
Dinner at Citricos

Friday 1/18:
Test Track: 9:15-10:15
Spaceship Earth: 10:25-11:25
Figment: 11:25-12:25
Dinner at Rose and Crown

I'm enjoying living vicariously through all of you. I've always said I'd have a great time at Disney World even without going into the parks and this time I'm going to actually have to prove it. I'm just doing the marathon and I know if I go in on Saturday, I'll walk too much. It's weird to me to not be getting Fastpass!

Did my fast-passes this morning and shockingly got everything I wanted. This is a short trip for us and our last trip for a while, so I am glad we will be able to ride all the rides we love. I also did not buy park hopper for this trip since it is only three days and our AP runs out the week before. We went five times this year though (28 days) so that should hold us over for a little while!

Saturday: Safari, Mickey and Minnie Safari pics, FOP
Sunday: Pirates, Big Thunder, Mine Train
Monday: Frozen Show, TOT (this will probably change, I am terrified of the feeling of falling), Slinky

Did my FP on Saturday but we were traveling and had to do it on my phone so it's a bit harder for me to track what I'm doing on that. Mostly got everything I wanted but not all in the timeframes I was hoping for but I can probably move some things around over the next few weeks and tighten it up more like I want. Going to AK twice and got FoP for both of those trips (although one not at an ideal time), so that was my first priority. Did manage to get SDD, but again not a time I wanted, so we'll just see how that plays out. We got to ride it twice this summer when we went, so if we end up not riding it this trip, I'm okay with that. It's a super cute coaster and I enjoy it, but it's no FoP. :D

SAFD: I am happy with my fast passes, but always have a hard time deciding what to do for MK! Also... Epcot always stumps me!

Epcot- Friday:
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

Animal Kingdom- Saturday:
FoP
K-Safari
Exp. Everest

DHS- Sunday:
Slinky Dog
Tower of Terror (MY FAV!!)
Fantasmic (TBD- might change to a character meet for medal pic)

MK:
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash
SDMT

So, half of the Higdon novice training (at least time-wise) is officially in the books after a 10-miler today. I am looking ahead to next weekend where the training schedule has a 15 miler in store. Should be interesting as I've never run longer than 13.1 miles in my entire life...
Ha! I was just telling my husband this yesterday... Now the hard work begins! I'm nervous about this weekend's 15-miler! I keep telling myself to take it slow and enjoy the process... we'll see how that works ;)

SAFD:

First of all - a big thank you to all who provided advice on the FP+ process - I felt prepared, and even though I was a bit nervous when I started snagging them on Saturday morning - everything worked out really well, and I'm pretty happy with what we got. In fact, I wrapped up my last day just minutes before I headed out on my long run, so the timing was perfect! Here's a quick rundown (including our ADR's that I had gotten previously):
  • Wednesday 1/9 (AK) - Nav'i River Journey, Safari, EE (ADR: Yak & Yeti - Lunch)
  • Thursday 1/10 (MK) - BTMRR, 7DMT, Splash (ADR: Skipper Canteen - Lunch)
  • Friday 1/11 (Epcot) - Frozen, Mission:Space, Spaceship Earth (ADR: Via Napoli - Lunch)
  • Saturday 1/12 (DHS) - ToT, Slinky Dog Dash, RnRC (ADR: Sci-Fi Dine in - Lunch)
  • Sunday 1/13 (Epcot) - Soarin (ADR: La Hacienda de San Angel - early Dinner, Beaches-n-Cream - late snack)
  • Monday 1/14 (AK) - FoP, Safari, EE (ADR: Boma - Dinner)
  • Tuesday 1/15 (MK) - 7DMT, Space, BTMRR (ADR: Be Our Guest - Lunch)
The tough decision for me was whether to snag a FoP on Wednesday the 9th. We are flying in on a Red-eye Tuesday night and will be hitting AK at rope drop on Wednesday. Our intention was to be at the park through lunch then going to the Expo and then getting some early rest at BCV before the races begin on Thursday morning. The only FP+'s for FoP were in the later afternoon, so I decided to get NRJ instead and take our chances getting on FoP at rope drop (I'd love to see the full queue at least once anyway). We did get FoP for later in our trip in the morning, so I'm happy about that.

I echo those who struggle with what to get at Epcot after they choose their Tier 1 selection. I ended up only getting Soarin on Sunday since that is Marathon Day and we'll be getting to the park later. I don't think most of the Epcot Tier 2 selections have much of a line anyway, right...? We may see what we can get that day after Soarin.

This thing is gettin' real! I can't believe we're under two months out.

I'm about 99.9% sure that even though you can enter a POT when you sign up, it has to be from before the deadline (October 9th, I think). So just sign up now.

Yes, you are correct on this so I would say you are 100%, I didn't even think on that when I responded.
I emailed runDisney asking about the date and their response was "If you are registering after the POT deadline you have to submit the POT,when you register". I think we'll run the 10k on Saturday. Depending on how much faster we are ( I think we'll likely be 10-12 minutes faster, I'll make a decision about what to do when I get to the registration page.)

Ok, so the day is saved. I got my dad's tickets and made our FP+ plans.

Fri Jan 11th
Fly in, Magic Express to AOA, lunch at AOA, Expo, taxi/uber to MK
3:50-4:50pm Pirates
4:55-5:55 Jungle Cruise
6:30 Skipper Canteen Dinner
7:15-8:00pm Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Bedtime

Sat Jan 12th
Run the Half marathon.
MK whenever we are ready.
Monorail to GF
2:05pm Afternoon Tea
bus to AK
3:40-4:40pm Expedition Everest
4:50-5:50pm Safari
6:05-7:05 Na'vi River Journey. I'll see if my dad wants to try FOP from the normal line at very end of the night or if he passes then I'll just try it.
Trader Sams later that night for drinks

Sat Jan 13
Rope drop HS, try for slinky because FP all taken. Or keep trying for slinky until trip.
9:05-10:05 Toy Story Mania
breakfast at Woody's lunchbox
10:05-11:05 Tower of Terror
11:30-12:30 Star Tours
Boat over to Epcot
Try for a Frozen FP if any available that night
Shop and snack around the world
6:30pm Tokyo Dining Dinner
Looks like HS EMH is 8-10pm, so if my dad calls it a night I may go over for Slinky at night or if he wants to come with?

Chances any of that changes....100% :)

Ok finally have time to write this out...

Jan. 9th
Big Thunder 2PM-3PM
Homecomin' 3:30PM
Space Mountain 5:35PM-6:35PM
Mine Train 7PM-8PM

Jan. 10th
Navi River Journey 10:15AM-11:15PM
Everest 11:20AM-12:20PM
Safari 12:30PM-1:30PM
Tiffins 2:50PM

Jan. 11th
SSE 9:05-10:05AM
Test Track 11AM-12PM
Mission Space 2:15PM-3:15PM

Jan. 12th
RnRc 11:50AM-12:50PM
Slinky 4:15PM-5:15PM
Star Tours 5:50PM-6:50PM

Jan. 13th
Buzz 2:30PM-3:30PM
Mine Train 3:45PM-4:45PM
Space 5PM-6PM

Jan. 14th
FoP 11:25AM-12:25PM
Everest 2PM-3PM
Dinosaur 3:15PM-4:15PM

Jan. 15th
Slinky 10:15AM-11:15AM
RnRc 11:50AM-12:50PM
Tower of Terror 1:20PM-2:20PM
Storybook Dining 4:15PM
Why are you at AK on the 14th? Avoiding us?

So, with POT - - it used to say on the main page needs to be ran before Oct. 9, 2018 - I think?

Well now it just says (unless I'm missing something)-
"If proof of time is not provided at least 13 weeks before the first race of the race weekend, or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. No corral changes will be made after such date."

When you got to register it just says
"View attachment 364632

What brings me to questioning this is reading elsewhere people submitting proof of time from Wine & Dine that are registering now, will that be okay to use now or any race after the date as long as it's open?

It technically doesn't say has to be ran before Oct. 9, 2018 anymore. It let's you submit it even though it's after the date of submission. It's not before 13 weeks, but is Trackshack really sorting that out?

So I emailed runDisney this question: I have not registered for Marathon weekend yet. If I run a race this weekend to get a POT for 2019 Marathon Weekend can I use this when I register?

Their answer was: Please know that you may submit a Proof of Time after the deadline date during your initial registration sign up. After you register and wait to submit your proof of time, it will not be accepted at that time.

It doesn't really answer the question so I am not sure.

So I emailed runDisney this question: I have not registered for Marathon weekend yet. If I run a race this weekend to get a POT for 2019 Marathon Weekend can I use this when I register?

Their answer was: Please know that you may submit a Proof of Time after the deadline date during your initial registration sign up. After you register and wait to submit your proof of time, it will not be accepted at that time.

It doesn't really answer the question so I am not sure.
Yeah, that doesn't help at all. They need to make their wording more clear since it doesn't technically say must be run before Oct. 9, 2018 now. It let's you submit it, so I can see people using races after that date when they sign up now, like their Wine & dine results.

An addendum to my comments on Epcot FP+ is that my favorite Epcot attraction does not even have FP+ as an option, although I would gladly (and needlessly) use a tier 2 FP+ on the Gran Fiesta Tour to see the Three Caballeros.
I would totally book a FP for it! When the line is hanging out into the shop, it looks daunting. It's just so tight in there.

I know slinky was gone for the one day I wanted it, but it's also a day I can rope drop or come to night time EMH for it. Other than that it really seemed like there weren't any other super "hard to get" attractions and I didn't have the advantage of coming in many days prior to the half marathon. I saw plenty of FOPs.
I'm hoping this bodes well for crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter