My Fast Pass day is tomorrow since we don't get there until Saturday. I double checked since I had a moment of panic this morning but thankfully didn't miss it.

I'm happy to hear that most people were able to get all the FPs they were interested in :) My plan is Expo and Disney Springs Saturday, DHS on Sunday after the marathon, Epcot Monday (I'm hoping to join for DATW), Magic Kingdom Tuesday and Animal Kingdom Wednesday.
I am not getting there until Saturday either, but noticed my window was open today. It caught me completely off guard, but I was able to get what I want. I am not picky at all for this trip, so I didn't care too much. It's just me and dh so no anxiety about disappointing my kids.

Flights are officially booked! All that's left is Universal tickets (yes, I saw all the stuff about people using points ... I will not be doing that) and ordering my magicband. And figuring out how I'm getting from Disney to Universal and from Universal to the airport.

Uber and Lyft are both very prevalent in Orlando. Never takes much time at all for one to show up.

Flights are officially booked! All that's left is Universal tickets (yes, I saw all the stuff about people using points ... I will not be doing that) and ordering my magicband. And figuring out how I'm getting from Disney to Universal and from Universal to the airport.

Another vote for Uber. We used that a couple of years ago to get to Universal from Disney and it was relatively inexpensive, quick and easy.

I'm waffling on my Sunday selections already (and no fair, saying I need to change my plans to run the marathon!)

For anyone who is a vet of being at the parks the morning of the marathon but not running them. What do you think is a better plan? My only interest is HS is to see ToyStoryLand.

A)
MK rope drop
monorail to Epcot for second part of the day (dinner booked there)
EMH at HS

B)
HS rope drop
monorail to Epcot for second part of day (dinner booked there)

I'm starting to lean towards plan A now.

Question for yall who ran the marathon last year. Can you tell me what corral you were in and what time you crossed the starting line?

Our FP+ window was Monday. We arrive late (driving from Louisiana) Friday and should get a little park time in. My plans are below:
1/11 at AK
Meet Favorite Disney pals at Adventure Post
EE
NRJ

1/12 at MK
After bib pickup and resort change heading to MK to meet up with the Dis Dads for a while
7DMT
BTMR
Haunted Mansion
Tonys

1/13 at AK post marathon
Safaris
Finding Nemo
FOP
Yak & Yeti!!!

1/14 EPCOT for DATW w/ the Dis and #pandaface
Spaceship Earth
Soarin
Nemo

1/15 at DHS and MK
Trattoria al Forno
RNR
SDD
ToT

1/16 AK and DHS
FOP
Safaris
EE
Sci-Fi

1/17 MK
1900 Park Fare
Haunted Mansion
Buzz
Jungle Cruise
Also purchased DAH tickets for the night

1/18 EPCOT. This is a maybe as we have to drive home this day, but..
FEA
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

So thats the plan as of now...

Corral B, one of the later waves and my Garmin started at 5:44AM. I am actually trying to remember if that was the race where I missed my corral and ended up one back, so this may be no help at all. LOL.

Based on my 10 mile time of 1:41: ish I would get into D based on dopeybadgers thread. So it looks like its safe to assume I will start no later than 6:00 AM.

So, with POT - - it used to say on the main page needs to be ran before Oct. 9, 2018 - I think?

Well now it just says (unless I'm missing something)-
"If proof of time is not provided at least 13 weeks before the first race of the race weekend, or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral. No corral changes will be made after such date."

When you got to register it just says
"View attachment 364632

What brings me to questioning this is reading elsewhere people submitting proof of time from Wine & Dine that are registering now, will that be okay to use now or any race after the date as long as it's open?

It technically doesn't say has to be ran before Oct. 9, 2018 anymore. It let's you submit it even though it's after the date of submission. It's not before 13 weeks, but is Trackshack really sorting that out?

So I emailed runDisney this question: I have not registered for Marathon weekend yet. If I run a race this weekend to get a POT for 2019 Marathon Weekend can I use this when I register?

Their answer was: Please know that you may submit a Proof of Time after the deadline date during your initial registration sign up. After you register and wait to submit your proof of time, it will not be accepted at that time.

It doesn't really answer the question so I am not sure.

This doesn't answer the question about the date of the POT, but I will say that I registered for W&D about 8-9 weeks before the race and my POT (which was from May) was accepted. I was in B for the 10k and D for the half.

Can anyone from last year remember when the courses were released? Asking for a friend...
Courses were/will be released when the official race guide is published. Looks like Dec. 7 or thereabouts last year.

Question for yall who ran the marathon last year. Can you tell me what corral you were in and what time you crossed the starting line?
I was in Dopey G, started from near the back of the corral - I think maybe 2nd from last wave - and started at 6:20am.

SAFD: I don't spend a lot of time in the parks on race weekends, so only made a few FPs for rides with friends. I grabbed a SDD because it was available and felt like quite the coup, lol!

Here are the estimated POT cutoffs for the Marathon as well as the # of waves in 2018 with their respective start times. I used this link as my source for timing and myself as a start time at 5:31 am (per my Garmin) since I crossed as one of the first people. The linked source shows the mini-waves and their "start delay" which is Gun Time - Chip Time.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.55.19 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter