Usually leave at 3:30 (early corral) but left later last couple of years to avoid standing around in the cold weather. 3:45 getting in the bus line has never been an issue to get there.

I always try to be on the first bus leaving the resort. I’d rather have extra time waiting for/in the corrals than stress about making it in time.

What time did the first bus pick you up last year? You weren't cold standing out there for well over an hour?

What time did the first bus pick you up last year? You weren't cold standing out there for well over an hour?

The buses were staged and ready to go at 3am. I was very cold waiting out there for the corrals to open and the races to start. But I still preferred that to stressing out about arrival times with a later bus. I'm really hoping for some more moderate temperatures for the 2019 race weekend after the last two, though.

Does anyone have experience with the monorail on marathon morning? We’ll be on the DVC side of the Poly, so we will just walk to TTC and go from there.

Does anyone have experience with the monorail on marathon morning? We’ll be on the DVC side of the Poly, so we will just walk to TTC and go from there.

It’s been a while but the monorail was easy as it sounds. And when you get off there are real restrooms at the bottom of the ramp.

The problem I had was the long walk back to the station at the end. And the ramps up were no fun either. It took quite a while to make it up those after the marathon.

It’s been a while but the monorail was easy as it sounds. And when you get off there are real restrooms at the bottom of the ramp.

The problem I had was the long walk back to the station at the end. And the ramps up were no fun either. It took quite a while to make it up those after the marathon.

I take the monorail when I say at the Poly and never had any problems. It's nice to be able to walk to the TTC and get directly on the EPCOT line. I always take the bus back after the races for exactly the reason you noted about the long walk back. And the Poly has traditionally been the first stop.

Ditto what's already been said but one thing to note when you finish the race and walk back to the monorail, if you have a gear check bag you have to go through the park security bag check line to get to the monorail station. This irrationally irritated me to an excessive amount. :). Otherwise it worked great.

This is good information to know as I will be staying at the Poly for Marathon weekend and it will be my first time using the monorail for race transportation. So better to go monorail to the race and bus after, got it!

How early does the monorail start to run from the TTC on race mornings? And can you take it for all 4 races?

Well...just signed up to do my first 1/2 marathon ever! We are going on a family cruise the week before (arrive back in Miami on Friday before 1/2) to celebrate husband and me turning 50. This was a last minute add on to our trip. I needed some serious motivation to get moving again. I am excited but a little nervous. So much info to research and so little time (my extra time going to training)

We will be staying offsite. Since this is last minute it wasn’t worked into our cruise budget. We will have a rental car. What is the best option for getting to and from the race? As well as the expo on Friday?

Thank you for any tips. I am slowly going through this thread.

This is good information to know as I will be staying at the Poly for Marathon weekend and it will be my first time using the monorail for race transportation. So better to go monorail to the race and bus after, got it!

How early does the monorail start to run from the TTC on race mornings? And can you take it for all 4 races?

Here's from the 2018 Event guide, I would expect it be similar for 2019. http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwmar18#!/event-transportation

WALT DISNEY WORLD® 5K

Bus Transportation

Thursday, January 4, 2018

• 3:30 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. from Host Resorts to the Start Staging Area at Epcot®
  • 6:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. from Finish Staging Area at Epcot® to Host Resorts
  • Participants must board a bus no later than 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
WALT DISNEY WORLD ® 10K

Bus Transportation

Friday, January 5, 2018

• 3:30 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. from Host Resorts to the Start Staging Area at Epcot®
  • 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. from Finish Staging Area at Epcot® to Host Resorts
  • Participants must board a bus no later than 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
WALT DISNEY WORLD® HALF MARATHON

Bus Transportation

Saturday, January 6, 2018

• 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. from Host Resorts to the Start Staging Area at Epcot®
  • 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. from Finish Staging Area at Epcot® to Host Resorts
Monorail Transportation

• Monorail Transportation to Epcot® will be available starting at 3:00 a.m.
  • Monorail transportation to spectator viewpoints will begin at 5:00 a.m. Please see the spectator viewing page for more information
  • Participants must board a bus or monorail no later than 3:30 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
WALT DISNEY WORLD® MARATHON

Bus Transportation

Sunday, January 7, 2018

• 3:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. from Host Resorts to the Start Staging Area at Epcot®
  • 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. from Finish Staging Area at Epcot® to Host Resorts
Monorail Transportation

• Monorail Transportation to Epcot® will be available starting at 3:00 a.m.
  • Monorail transportation to spectator viewpoints will begin at 5:00 a.m. Please see the spectator viewing page for more information
  • Participants must board a bus or monorail no later than 3:30 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.

Well...just signed up to do my first 1/2 marathon ever! We are going on a family cruise the week before (arrive back in Miami on Friday before 1/2) to celebrate husband and me turning 50. This was a last minute add on to our trip. I needed some serious motivation to get moving again. I am excited but a little nervous. So much info to research and so little time (my extra time going to training)

We will be staying offsite. Since this is last minute it wasn’t worked into our cruise budget. We will have a rental car. What is the best option for getting to and from the race? As well as the expo on Friday?

Thank you for any tips. I am slowly going through this thread.

In addition to what @cavepig posted you can also drive to WWoS. First thing in the morning they have people directing parking traffic, but after the lot is full you get to drive up and down the aisles looking for a spot. Once the event guide comes out before the race I would suggest looking to see when the kid races are and if they are on Friday see if you can plan your bib pick up for either well before or an hour after those races.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Today's Sundays are for Disney question is a simple one: how would you spend the day at Disney World if you couldn't go to the parks (including the water parks)? The rest of the Disney property (including Disney Springs) is fair game, but no Universal, Sea World, etc.

I'd do some swimming at whatever resort I was staying at because my kids love that so much, spend some time down at Disney Springs and check out some of the resorts I wish I could stay at, like AKL or the Boardwalk area. I'd try to end the day by watching fireworks from Contemporary or the TTC.

Have a good week, everyone!

SAFD: Non-park days are fun! Sleep In, Have a nice breakfast or brunch depending on the day of the week (Boma or California Grill) head to the spa at Sarasota Springs for massage/facial, go to Disney Springs for Bowling/Movies/Cocktails/Foods in the afternoon/evening.

No parks! oh that would be sad. I don't know. I'm not a huge Disney Springs fan. It has to be warm enough to swim and even then I can't stay in or by a pool that long. I get bored easily, ha!

So, I guess Resort hop. The monorail resorts, Fort Wilderness & Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge are my favorites to visit.

Oh wait, I haven't done the Star Wars Virtual thing at Springs so maybe do that.

No parks! oh that would be sad. I don't know. I'm not a huge Disney Springs fan. It has to be warm enough to swim and even then I can't stay in or by a pool that long. I get bored easily, ha!

So, I guess Resort hop. The monorail resorts, Fort Wilderness & Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge are my favorites to visit.

Oh wait, I haven't done the Star Wars Virtual thing at Springs so maybe do that.

To be honest, I'd really struggle with a no parks day! I suppose that's what prompted the question.

Today's Sundays are for Disney question is a simple one: how would you spend the day at Disney World if you couldn't go to the parks (including the water parks)? The rest of the Disney property (including Disney Springs) is fair game, but no Universal, Sea World, etc
I would spend some time at Disney springs, as well as visit the resorts. Each resort is unique in its own way. I’d probably go to AKL and look at the animals, visit the boardwalk area, and maybe spend some time at the pool at which ever resort I’m at depending on weather.

SAFD: resort hopping. Either monorail resorts, boardwalk area resorts, or head over to AKL. Or check out Fort Wilderness. Evening time would be going to Trader Sam’s and watching the fireworks from the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter