We have a Target and a Walmart, but I won't shop at Walmart unless I'm forced to. They accused me of shoplifting many years ago and I'm still bitter over it. I had gone shopping with DH & the kids. I had purchased something a few days before and wanted to return it after getting it cheaper from an Amazon lightning deal. I forgot about it until we opened the back of the SUV. I took the item with the receipt back into the store while he unloaded groceries and got the kids buckled into their seats. They brought me into an office like a criminal while they accused me of coming into the store, taking the item off the shelf, putting it into a Walmart bag and bringing it to the customer service desk. I sat there while they pulled security feeds to review every move I made in the store. After they figured out that I didn't steal it, I didn't even get an apology. I contacted corporate and didn't even get an apology from them either.

Curious for those that races last year....what time did you get on the bus race morning (full marathon)?

I think we got on right at 4 am from The Boardwalk and the traffic was worse than I had ever seen it and we missed our starting corral and went off somewhere in the middle of B so definitely want to be a little earlier this year.

Curious for those that races last year....what time did you get on the bus race morning (full marathon)?

I think we got on right at 4 am from The Boardwalk and the traffic was worse than I had ever seen it and we missed our starting corral and went off somewhere in the middle of B so definitely want to be a little earlier this year.

We always swear we won't go early but are just too anxious to wait around because of stories like this, so we are usually on one of the first buses at 3 AM.

I drive, so no bus, but I was in my car and heading to EP around 3:20am. No traffic back ups at all - took between 5 and 10 minutes (from Wyndham Bonnet Creek.)

We only have Walmarts where I live, nearest Targets are 45min away. Also of note I live in a food desert too and the nearest grocery store is 20 minutes away. I hate it.

I drive with @Keels. We leave BC/YC at 430-ish and have never had an issue with traffic. We normally leave the car at 5 to begin our walk to the corrals.

This will be my first time staying at Saratoga Springs so not sure what to expect around that 4 am timeframe. Last year leaving Boardwalk it took us over 30 minutes to get past Fantasia Gardens.

Stayed at Old Key West. Got on the bus at 3:00am. Our bus then went to Saratoga Springs. We were 3rd in line there and then the bus driver just drove around and skipped SS. Arrived at EPCOT at 3:45am. I do remember there being an accident or something that caused issues for a few others with traffic delays right around that 3:30-4:30am timeframe.

@GollyGadget 1/8/2018 (link)

"I'm bummed I didn't make the pre race meetup so hopefully we have a chance to meet again in the future. I got on a bus just prior to 3:30 and planned to look for you all but we got stuck in traffic and didn't get to Epcot until after 5. I made it to my corral with minutes to spare. At least now I know why everyone says to get on a bus early :)"

I usually leave the Boardwalk/YC-BC area around 4:30 and have always been in the parking lot by 4:45.

They will shut traffic into the parking lot down for all in-bound traffic except for busses at 5 a.m. - learned that lesson during 2016 Princess Weekend.

This will be my first time staying at Saratoga Springs so not sure what to expect around that 4 am timeframe. Last year leaving Boardwalk it took us over 30 minutes to get past Fantasia Gardens.

The key is to go out the Swolphin/Fantasia Gardens side of the Epcot Resort Area as you have a dedicated right-hand turn lane that is also the ramp down to World Drive.

The key is to go out the Swolphin/Fantasia Gardens side of the Epcot Resort Area as you have a dedicated right-hand turn lane that is also the ramp down to World Drive.

I was on the disney bus...didnt have too much say so in which way we went. I've never had an issue before this last year but if there was an accident, that would explain alot.

The reason Im asking is we were able to snag a 5:15 ADR at Cali Grill on Saturday night and plan to watch Happily Ever After from the observation deck which means I'm likely not going to get back to Saratoga Springs until probably 9pm or so...IF I can get to sleep by 10pm I can get like 5 hours of sleep which I can make work for one night.

From reading all these responses, should I be getting up even earlier than I did for the Dark Side races (2:45am)? Or should that plan continue to be fine? I'll be in a later corral.

I was on the disney bus...didnt have too much say so in which way we went. I've never had an issue before this last year but if there was an accident, that would explain alot.

The reason Im asking is we were able to snag a 5:15 ADR at Cali Grill on Saturday night and plan to watch Happily Ever After from the observation deck which means I'm likely not going to get back to Saratoga Springs until probably 9pm or so...IF I can get to sleep by 10pm I can get like 5 hours of sleep which I can make work for one night.

You can also schedule an Uber to a) take you from the Contemporary to Saratoga Springs (that will get you back before 9) and to take you to Epcot on race morning - which will also save time waiting for a bus, etc.

Both shouldn’t be more than $10. I just refuse to rely on Disney for transportation anywhere if I don’t have to, but that’s just me ...

I always try to be on the first bus leaving the resort. I’d rather have extra time waiting for/in the corrals than stress about making it in time.

Usually, 4 would be no problem. I cut out a little earlier (3:45, but I'm also driving and sitting in the car when I park), but last year that wreck, overheating bus, whatever it was caused the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter