I'm pretty sure pictures get linked to your bib, not your magicband, so as long as you enter your bib number into his account (instructions will be in the race guide), you'll be fine.
(Although if your accounts are linked, he can download your pictures)
But is renewing the AP really cheaper than just buying memory maker separately? I don't remember the price on memory maker, since I have an AP at the moment, but that surprises me.

Thank you for replying.

DH has done the math. Based on a discount he gets at work, our DVC discount, and the number of park days we plan to have in January, one of us renewing our AP for memory maker does make more financial sense than just buying park tickets plus memory maker.

DH has done the math. Based on a discount he gets at work, our DVC discount, and the number of park days we plan to have in January, one of us renewing our AP for memory maker does make more financial sense than just buying park tickets plus memory maker.

Ah ... I always forget discounts since I'm not eligible for any of the fun ones. Gotcha. So yeah, you'll be fine even if his AP is the one you renew.

Question about APs and PP during marathon weekend: As mentioned above, our APs will expire before January. Since we aren't planing another park trip until Dec 2020, DH doesn't want to renew them. He does want to renew one of ours (probably his) just for memory maker. He's thinking his because he's almost always the one that remembers to get them to scan his band for pics. I'm usually chasing the 2 year old. However, I'm the one running in January. So my question is: Would it make more sense to renew mine since I'll be wanting the pics during the race? Does it matter if our accounts are linked?

As long as you have any Gold or higher AP holder on your Friends & Family list (it could be a friend, a family member or even a random DISer), you'll be able to download your PhotoPass pictures without having MemoryMaker. I've been doing this for friends for years.

We have reservations at Pop Century - preferred room (3 ladies), but I'm thinking we may want to stay at a moderate. Which value and which moderate would be your pick for marathon weekend? We arrive late friday night and leave late tuesday night.

We have reservations at Pop Century - preferred room (3 ladies), but I'm thinking we may want to stay at a moderate. Which value and which moderate would be your pick for marathon weekend? We arrive late friday night and leave late tuesday night.

We're staying a POR. I can't speak to it's viability for marathon weekend - it'll be my first marathon weekend there. But, we've stayed at POR in the past and really enjoyed it. TBH, I don't know that I've ever heard of a single resort being especially bad for marathon weekend, but I could be wrong.

We're staying a POR. I can't speak to it's viability for marathon weekend - it'll be my first marathon weekend there. But, we've stayed at POR in the past and really enjoyed it. TBH, I don't know that I've ever heard of a single resort being especially bad for marathon weekend, but I could be wrong.

/POR MARATHON WEEKEND FISTBUMP

We usually have a bit of a park day every trip, but we are taking the kids over Thanksgiving and will have a non-park day. We might try out the mini-golf because we've never done that. Probably head over to the Boardwalk and wander around, and hopefully have pool time at BCV. Also, we will go to Disney Springs for dinner and a movie (Wreck it Ralph 2!).

We don't love Disney Springs so I don't know what we will do on our non-park day for marathon weekend after the half marathon (no kids). We just honestly hate shopping and you can only eat/drink at so many places. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge so hopefully there will be some good spots to chill out and read and have a drink and whatnot.

I really liked POR for race weekend. I wasn’t impressed with the bayou rooms when I saw them online, but I ended up loving the rooms. For race weekend, it was nice because it was a relaxed environment and it is a quick bus ride to and from the race. The only downside is that it is so big and spread out, but it wasn’t too big of a deal. I also liked Coronado a few years ago and the new rooms look nice, but I couldn’t justify paying such premium prices when there is so much construction being done-$240 a night is not really a “moderate” price in my world. As far as values, I have never stayed at one, but I am staying at Pop Century this year.

So we went for 6 days at the Poly when DD got out of school at the end of May. I think we went to the MK one night and to AK one other day (we have APs). Also, we did the DVC Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon. The rest of the time we lived at the Oasis pool (which was right out our door at Tokelau), I played golf twice and got in a few runs, DD and DW did some shopping, we all saw a movie at Disney Springs and generally lazed around. I am not sure we were up before 10am any day of that trip... It was awesome!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Today's Sundays are for Disney question is a simple one: how would you spend the day at Disney World if you couldn't go to the parks (including the water parks)? The rest of the Disney property (including Disney Springs) is fair game, but no Universal, Sea World, etc.

I'd do some swimming at whatever resort I was staying at because my kids love that so much, spend some time down at Disney Springs and check out some of the resorts I wish I could stay at, like AKL or the Boardwalk area. I'd try to end the day by watching fireworks from Contemporary or the TTC.

Have a good week, everyone!

I tried to plan a non-park day for our X-mas trip, but got vetoed as the cost up for another day of ticket was not outrageous. So, if I had a non-park day with kids, my plans were (1) Pool (2) hang out at AKL for some of the activities as they loved the flamingo feeding, bongo, face painting, and in general collecting the beads [and I can have coffee or an adult beverage and watch them giggle] (3) Pony rides at Tri-D ranch (4) hit some other resort activities like Hula dancing at the Poly or lawn games at GF, have s'mores somewhere {we've done beach club and AKL} (5) find a spot to see fireworks and take in the water pagent.
No Kids? Wander and play it by ear which would likely include a resort fun run, brunch, taking a nap, pool, finally make it to Disney Springs, order something silly at Trader Sam's, Top of the World Lounge because I have yet to make it there, and dinner with a fireworks view.

A non-park day sounds lovely. I would sleep in for as long as I could, have my husband go to the counter service location and bring back breakfast for us, eat and have coffee on the balcony and have a lazy morning. We like to sit at the bar at Sanna during lunch and split the bread service and butter chicken, so we'd probably do that and then go back to our resort and go to the pool. I don't really like public pools, so I'd probably do the slide once, then get a drink and sit in a lounger. Then eventually clean up and go to dinner somewhere, either an ADR or just a bar or lounge in a resort or at Disney Springs.

Since we stay at Fort Wilderness non park days are easy. Pool, naps, Looping in golf carts, monorailing. Last time we spent it hunting down some gloves at the nearest REI since I was freeeezing for the half!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter